Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant (16190 Views)

Work Progressing Very Fast @ Umuchukwu High Court Being Build By Dr G Maduka / Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce / Construction Of 80mw Gas Power Plant In Anambra (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by callJesu: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by chidibond(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2016
rottennaija:
Why are the all depending on gas? Where coal should also be invested in.
IMO Gas is more ecologically friendly than coal. Though we still need to find viable options for our coal deposits.

1 Like

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by ANBAKO: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2016
Power plant!!!!

I cannot see anything that resemble power plant in those pictures
All I see is a rig.

It is a good one anyway.
If only our state governments can develop plans like this.

2 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2016
Willie is working wink

2 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Kangol99(m): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by emekaxy: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2016
onatisi:
Nice concept,fantastic idea but to be honest there is virtually on ground at that construction site,it seems they are just starting the project. How many years project is it supposed to be ?

Op you are high on Aguleri weed. You call the picture of a land rig positioned hopefully for drilling or inspection a power plant being built?
Anyway, because you don't know let me just say you try...but to correct you it's a Land rig.

2 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by onatisi(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2016
emekaxy:

Op you are high on Aguleri weed. You call the picture of a land rig positioned hopefully for drilling or inspection a power plant being built?
Anyway, because you don't know let me just say you try...but to correct you it's a Land rig.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering how come a power plant construction looks like a rig,but if you dispute it ,supporters of the state governor will label u a tribalist and even insult u
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2016
make dem finish am sharparly make i relocate....this lagos don tire me
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by conyema12(m): 9:31am On Feb 11, 2016
ANBAKO:
Power plant!!!!

I cannot see anything that resemble power plant in those pictures
All I see is a rig.

It is a good one anyway.
If only our state governments can develop plans like this.

ME TOO. JUST A LAND RIG WITH COUPLES OF MUD TANKS, CHOKE MANIFOLD AND CAMP SITE.
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by danemenike: 9:34am On Feb 11, 2016
OjoDada30:
The Boyfriend/Girlfriend Story... Very sad... Made me
cry... READ!

One day when boy and girl just finished their date, the girl
went home and her boyfriend called her.
"Hey baby, how are you?" he said.
"Good," she moaned.
"You don't sound good."
"I'm fine."
"I'll call tomorrow to check up on you. 'Kay?"
"Alright. Bye."
"Bye."

And when they hung up, the girl and her dad went to sleep.
The boy stayed up all night and thought deeply about his
sweet girlfriend. When it was about ten o'clock in the
morning, the girl called her boyfriend. She called him and
asked him if she could stay at his house for the night. He
said okay and at five o'clock, she arrived at her boyfriend's
house. Now I know what you're thinking, the boyfriend does
not abuse her. The boyfriend loves her more than his own
mother. So he asks her, "What's up with you today? You're
so quiet. So solemn. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. You know what? I'm gonna go home
now. I didn't mean to waste your time. Sorry. I'm going
home."
"I'll walk you home."
"Okay."

So the boyfriend walked her home and kissed her on the
cheek and left her to go inside her house. Her checked up on
her when she went in the house and if she peeked in the
window. She did, but with someone familiar. She didn't
cheat on her boyfriend. But it was her abusive father trying
to push her out of her bedroom window with a stick.[/b]

Read-The-Rest Here

FOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by tuncy(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2016
investnow2013:
There are some issues still delaying,If God is God,We are hoping that it will be resolved this year!

Ok, it won't be resolved this year!

That means God is not God abi?

O'ni ranu
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by blackpanda: 9:42am On Feb 11, 2016
If obiano continues like this, an igbo man might finally stand chance of becoming president in 2019

3 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Jacko1(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Everything made of materials that wil rust.... Are they not suppose to use one kind shiny material.... Its nt by force to build substandard things... God forbid i cannot work here cos i bet anybody that place will blow
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by cheruv: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Okijajuju1:
[s]God Bless President Muhammadu Chukwuemeka Buhari.[/b]

[i]Anyi bu ndi Igbo nwe uche si gi buru gaba niru.

Oganiru Ala Igbo.[/s]
Stop insulting Igbos pls...

2 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by tonychristopher: 9:46am On Feb 11, 2016
blackpanda:
If obiano continues like this, an igbo man might finally stand chance of becoming president in 2019

What if there is nothing like Nigeria by 2019..have you ever thought of that possibility
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by flokii: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2016
we need Nuclear power plant there too...

I bliv it's safer there grin
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by rottennaija(m): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2016
chidibond:
IMO Gas is more ecologically friendly than coal. Though we still need to find viable options for our coal deposits.

there is need for a good mix. coal, gas, hydro and perhaps solar and wind. Gas requires pipeline which could span 1000s of kilometer which an irate niger deltan can blow up with a twinkle of an eye, then suddenly, power generation falls by more than 2000 mwatts whereas, coal power plant is located near the power station and as a result, nothing of that can happen.

currently, some refineries in the country is down because of depending on pipeline which some youths decided to blow up.

What i am saying is that in a country like nigeria, location of a project like power plants need to be taken into consideration. Locate the plant near the source of the fuel, that way, you avoid so much headache
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by loffyloffy: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2016
where will they get the gas from...when the existing power plants are suffering from lack of gas.

it is true Nigeria have a very huge gas reserve..but there is very little investment to tap into this, particularly for the local market.. because in most cases the returns on such investments are not encouraging.

add to that a very difficult operating retain viz a viz community issues,militancy,vandalism and ineffective governance.

the end result is that most of gasplants we have in Nigeria today are only producing about 40% of the time.(60% downtime)..and are not ussualy of the right quality(due to lack of investment in processing) to power our gas plants

building new gas plants is just like expanding this challenges.
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by jumich1(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2016
investnow2013:
There are some issues still delaying,If God is God,We are hoping that it will be resolved this year!
Even if your world suddenly turns upside down, God was, is and will be eternally God.

Nice project, again coming from the light of the nation
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Schematics: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2016
Anambra has the largest gas reserve in Nigeria. Use your google..

loffyloffy:
where will they get the gas from...when the existing power plants are suffering from lack of gas.

it is true Nigeria have a very huge gas reserve..but there is very little investment to tap into this, particularly for the local market.. because in most cases the returns on such investments are not encouraging.

add to that a very difficult operating retain viz a viz community issues,militancy,vandalism and ineffective governance.

the end result is that most of gasplants we have in Nigeria today are only producing about 40% of the time.(60% downtime)..and are not ussualy of the right quality(due to lack of investment in processing) to power our gas plants

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by free2blast(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2016
The IPOD goats wont see this one to blow up, if its in Niger Delta they will start blowing up oil pipelines and kidnapping crew men. Selfish bastards.
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by asha80(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2016
loffyloffy:

rottennaija:

there is need for a good mix. coal, gas, hydro and perhaps solar and wind. Gas requires pipeline which could span 1000s of kilometer which an irate niger deltan can blow up with a twinkle of an eye, then suddenly, power generation falls by more than 2000 mwatts whereas, coal power plant is located near the power station and as a result, nothing of that can happen.
currently, some refineries in the country is down because of depending on pipeline which some youths decided to blow up.
What i am saying is that in a country like nigeria, location of a project like power plants need to be taken into consideration. Locate the plant near the source of the fuel, that way, you avoid so much headache
google anambra and gas reserves..it will clear your doubts

4 Likes

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by blazetitov: 10:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Schematics:
Welcome to the Republic of Anambra

Truly, the Light of the entire black race..

Light of the entire black race

Are you for real?
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by mcmaurice20(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2016
FG should investigate the source of Anambra money...y is dt they are bouyant wen oda states are winding down

1 Like

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 11, 2016
rottennaija:
Why are the all depending on gas? Where coal should also be invested in.

guess coal is more ozone layer depleting...tongue in cheek
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by ezef2k4(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Everybody cant be blind to see that those are pictures of a Drilling Rig. Those are not Gas plant.
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2016
Keep it up Obiano. Anambra ndewo nu

1 Like

Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Alusioji(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2016
That is not a Power plant ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Op chei na waa oh
That is a land Rig with its associated equipmen and God knows it may not even be Anambra state
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by blackpanda: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2016
tonychristopher:

What if there is nothing like Nigeria by 2019..have you ever thought of that possibility

God forbid! You think u are facing hard times till u visit places like syria and sudan, then u know what hardship is. Nigeria is both resilient and blessed. Nothing can stop us moving forward!
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by benjanny(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2016
Igbo kwenu
Re: Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2016
Land of greatness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo 2016: Pdp Members Defect Enmass To Apc / Oyefolu Ojelabi Emerges Lagos APC Chairman / Yahaya Bello To Be Sworn In As Kogi Governor Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.