Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 (104040 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tdemo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
kontinue
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nmaglit: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hope Ojo is nt planning to leave Lola for Sharon because d thunder that will fire him is still doin press up

2 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tdemo(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nmaglit:
Hope Ojo is nt planning to leave Lola for Sharon because d thunder that will fire him is still doin press up
lol I don't think he will do that... but I know say e go bleep Sharon as things dey go
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nmaglit:
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by jupitre(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
nice work...i wil make sure i 4lw 2 d end
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Peterdrumz(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Man i dey enjoy this story the story make me no write my project today pls update soon and good workMan i dey enjoy this story the story make me no write my project today pls update soon and good workMan i dey enjoy this story the story make me no write my project today pls update soon and good work
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by hezsquirt(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
seriously, this story z making sensw
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Peterdrumz:
Man i dey enjoy this story the story make me no write my project today pls update soon and good work
Abeg o! Face that project and read the story every once in a while during your free time.
More updates to come.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
hezsquirt:
seriously, this story z making sensw
Thanks boss
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by missuniverse(f): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nmaglit:
just what I'm thinking
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nmaglit: 12:32am On Apr 29, 2016
tdemo:
lol I don't think he will do that... but I know say e go bleep Sharon as things dey go

Make we dey see sha just hope u r right because lola don't deserve such treatment she is trying her best
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:59am On Apr 29, 2016

OJO

I sat uneasily inside the KFC restaurant, not to far from our estate gate. I had left the house unoticed, thanks to Dad hosting the members of his club to a meeting which is all about eating, as I have never heard them discuss anything meaningful. All they do is come in their numbers, sit, eat and discuss round issues ranging from politics to life round issues. To ensure that my absense wasn’t noticed, I had worked tirelessly together with the caterers who were contracted to cook for the guests. I made sure everything they needed got to them especially, as they are not allowed to enter the store room or anywhere in the house, all these I did selflessly much to the chagrin of my mother who felt I need more rest because of my condition and dad who felt I should shy away from helping him because he had scolded me, up to the point of denying me freedom to go out of the house, but I know my game plan.
So, when Ben’s call came in some minutes after six o’clock in the evening, I stood up, took my bath and left the house, with the hope of spending an hour at most before sneaking back into the house. But here I am, waiting for Ben. Two hours down the drain, he was yet to show up, and everytime I called, he seems to be driving which has kept my hopes high that he is on his way.
“Good evening.” A young and handsome man greeted.
I raised my head up to face him. “Good evening.” I replied curtly.
“I have been seated over there where I had the opportunity to keep my eyes on you all night long. From the look of things, you are waiting for your husband, boyfriend or a client and he or she seems to have disappointed you or is on a verge of disappointing you.” He paused and took a deep breathe.
“What exactly is your mission here?” I was irritated by the fact that he is a man who likes to talk.
“I have come to keep your company.” He replied.
“And what if I don’t need you keeping my company?” I asked.
To my surprise, he eased himself into the chair opposite mine with a smile on his face. “Girls find it hard to turn me down.” He bragged. Almost immediately, a waiter arrived who dropped a plate of chicken and a pack of fruit juice. He must have noticed my eyes glaring at the compartment where the chicken was kept since I arrived.
“I am not other girls, I am Omolola.” I replied angrily.
He simply laughed. “Thanks for telling me your name even if I didn’t ask.” He mocked. Even the waiter gave a chuckle.
“A penny for your thought?” The annoying brat before me asked waving his hand accross my face.
I came out of my reverie with a smile. “I have to go.” I announced.
“Not without taking your contact.” He replied, more like telling me I am going nowhere unless I give him my contact detail.
“And what if I don’t?” I asked.
This time, he had risen on his feet, still wearing a smile.
“Watch me and watch what I’ll do.” He threatened.
For a moment, I thought he was bluffing, but the look on his face says otherwise.
Just then I saw Ben walk in through the door. With a smile, I grabbed my bag and made to leave, but a strong hand held me strongly and pulled me back. I lost control and faced the obnoxious man who still wore a smile and delivered a resounding slap on his right cheeks. His smile faded immediately.
Every eye turned towards us and for a moment, I wish I hadn’t slapped him. “He shouldn’t have grabbed your hand like that.” A voice justified my action.
“What’s going on here?” Ben asked.
“This man was harrassing me so I slapped him.” I replied.
Ben faced the man, “Barrister Ben?” He asked.
“Jackson?” Ben asked as the two men shook hands happily.
“I never knew it was you. I was going to beat whoever it was to stupor.” Ben laughed.
The man, Jackson did too. “And you’ll be sued for public assault of a fellow legal practitioner.” He replied.
“I commend you for your bravery at handling the petroleum bribery case. I couldn’t believe you stood against two serving senators, you are the boss.” Ben said.
“It is one of those things.” He replied.
I cleared my throat to remind them of my presence. “We will see some other time Jack.” Ben said.
“Yeah and goodluck with the murder case you are defending.” Jackson replied. “I may draft into your team if I get less busy in the coming weeks.” He added before walking away.
“He is a friend.” Ben said as we both walked out of the restaurant, but I kept mute. “Won’t you at least say something?” He asked.
“What do you want me to say?” I replied. “You kept me waiting her for hours, till I had to embarrass myself in public by hitting a man….” I was ranting but he shushed me. Only then did I realize we were standing next to his car.
He opened the passenger door. “Hop in, I’ll drive you home then we’ll talk.”

--tbc...

For more, visit; www.penprimus.com
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
When u are busy focusing on something else and some random dude keeps crossing your path with unnecessary stuff, u may end up doing something to disgrace your own self. The slap was uncalled for.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by donkross1(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Baba wey the second one na undecided sheybi na 2 updates we dey always get grin
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2016
donkross1:
Baba wey the second one na undecided sheybi na 2 updates we dey always get grin
Network no gree me ni o
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by donkross1(m): 8:08am On Apr 29, 2016
D9ty7:

Network no gree me ni o

Make network gbera oo
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2016
donkross1:

Make network gbera oo
Aja what is the network?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2016

The next day in court, Ojo was led to the dock by his counsel, Barrister Ben and a stern looking policeman who looked like he was going to shoot the next person who made a sound.
“Make una enter jor.” The policeman said when he realized that Ojo was starting to converse with his counsel.
“Keep your cool man. Your job is to lead him to the dock and not to push him into the dock.” Ben replied angrily.
Surprisingly the policeman kept quiet.
“Look here, I can’t guarantee you a fair hearing today. Not because I am incompetent, but because the ogas are against me today as you must have noticed. Look at them, they are all Senior advocates.” Ben explained pointing at the five lawyers sitting at the prosecuting counsel’s bench. “They are filing an application on why you should be returned to the prison and attend your trial from there till the end. You and I know you are innocent of the crime, but we both know they are powerful, and in this country, power does it. But hopefully, Farouk gets here on time, he has some real evidence which negates your involvement.” Ben explained further while Ojo nodded in affirmation.
Just then, the Chief Judge walked into the coutroom through another door and everyone rose up to acknowledge his presence. “I’ll see you after the case.” Ben laughed as he shook hands with Ojo who walked into the dock that moment.
Forty five minutes into the hearing, one of the prosecuting counsels was on his feet talking. “I still don’t understand why the accused, Mr Ojo was granted bail during the last hearing, with all the glaring evidence presented, both from the prosecutors and the police, this court of law still believes that such criminal is best allowed to go home. Go home and do what if I may ask? Scheme on who to kill next?” He asked, but his question was met with disapproving murmur from the crowd. “If there are external forces influencing the decision of this court concerning this case, then I am afraid to say we will shift ground and head to the high court.” He continued.
In the last forty five minutes, only the prosecutors have been speaking as the defence counsel only sat on his bench, taking notes from what his opponents were saying. Most people in the court room already believed his game was up as he looked like one lawyer without any idea of what he was doing. Even Ojo, the accused who entered the dock confidently was now asking himself if Ben is the right man for his case.
“My lord, I present to this court the DNA conducted at the lab, here is the accussed person’s finger prints all over the deceased’s body. And here is a picture of the accussed trying to scale the fence after committing the act. The third exhibit is the local vigillante’s statement which further confirms the accussed person’s involvement in the murder.” The prosecutor continued.
“The defence counsel would like to present a witness. Mr Farouk, please come on here.” The court clerk announced, and the smart police detective moved on to the witness box where he took the oath and presented his defence.
“I am Inspector Farouk, an investigating police officer. Over the last few weeks, I have worked tirelessly towards getting the truth and bringing it to fore. First of all, my question goes to the men of the Nigerian police force. I ask them, where is thy sense of patriotism?” Farouk began. “My lord, this exhibit here is a shirt belonging to the accused. The same shirt he was wearing the night he was arrested and on his right shoulder, there is a patch of dried sweat belonging to another man who could have been the killer, because the accussed confessed to have bumped into some heavily built man outside the gate as he was going into the house that fateful night. The police kept this away and presented non incriminating evidences against the accussed.” He paused as the crowd all cheered.
“Order.” The clerk boomed.
The prosecuting counsels all exchanged a look of defeat at the latest revelation while Ojo had a reason to smile.
“The hearing resumes after a thirty minute recess. The accussed is not to leave the dock, but can entertain friends and families without restriction.” The judge proclaimed.
The court dissolved for a moment as the crowd dispersed, while some went out for refreshment, other went out for fresh air.
“Hello darling.” Lola smiled as she held Ojo’s hand. “Good morning Mr Farouk, morning Ben.” She greeted the two men who were chatting with Ojo.
“Good morning Lola.” Farouk replied.
Lola couldn’t care less if Ben replied or not, because just last night ago as he was driving her back home, he had made his intentions known, and there she told him she is Ojo’s girlfriend and not cousin as he thought.
Her eyes darted through the crowd and there was the man from the other night; the man she slapped, Jackson with his trademark smile.

–tbc…
For more, visit; www.penprimus.com

2 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by donkross1(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2016
D9ty7:

Aja what is the network?

Aja 10, destinambari cheesy
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2016
There you are, look ^^ the update is there,
donkross1:

Aja 10, destinambari cheesy
Hehehehehe... Badman thing.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tdemo(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2016
Nmaglit:

Make we dey see sha just hope u r right because lola don't deserve such treatment she is trying her best
let's wait as the story unfolds
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by DrRasheed: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2016
Nyc one. Atleast improve the updation i.e the more it takes u to update, the much the updates will be. Ceteris paribus
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by hollistarMOB(m): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Very good one there op, i am forced to comment by your extraordinary writing. I wish u success in your career.

And pls update as soon as possible
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Wao.....honestly following
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
Though some guys can be a pain in the arse....
Lilyomi2:
The slap was uncalled for.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ben had for long been on the scale.... cheesy Don't stop helping Ojo iPray thee.

"Oju a tun ra ri....." Too bad Lola raised her hand to hit a man.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Viewing this topic; Tunnyking, stuff46, kenwins, summerflame and 1 guest
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by stuff46(m): 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lilyomi2:
When u are busy focusing on something else and some random dude keeps crossing your path with unnecessary stuff, u may end up doing something to disgrace your own self. The slap was uncalled for.

Egbon girls too can over react self, only that she had already had a mindset of rejection but dude was too caring. To find men of such dont come that easy.

If na me them slap erh, .....
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by stuff46(m): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
kenwins:
Viewing this topic; Tunnyking, stuff46, kenwins, summerflame and 1 guest

Reading mode bae, saw your mention and I gave in time to read. You surely need to join us know the whatsapp group o, how do you see it?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lilyomi2:

I really don't blame her, she wasn't in a good mood, and Jackson wasn't helping matters by talking to her like that.

My wicked side said "he deserves it" grin grin
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
stuff46:

Egbon girls too can over react self, only that she had already had a mindset of rejection but dude was too caring. To find men of such dont come that easy.

If na me them slap erh, .....

Caring? undecided

I guess the word "Caring" means something different in your dictionary
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Missyetty(f): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Chai! I am beginning to think Ojo never really loved Lola and the poor girl is going about to save his arse.....oh Lola! You should not have slapped the dude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Chronicles Of Tracy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.