Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? (15921 Views)

Ash Wednesday!!! ; All You Need To Know / Happy Ash Wednesday / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by kosokoadeyemi: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Happy ash wednesday,we should put much fear God in our all doing
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by sirade(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2016
This marks the beginning of lenten period.
A period of spiritual revival and detachment from material things.

May God help me to discover him more and grant me the grace to sustain a higher grade of spiritual tempo even after the period.

Happy ash wednesday to all Christian
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Abukc(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Iamlordgee:
To become holy my Brother.. I dan too sin
Why can'T yoU cnfess your sin and bcom holy
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Esther is few day away.

ESTHER KEE? MY BAE NAME

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Pidggin(f): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2016
A period of sober reflection

Happy Ash Wednesday all, remember no meat should be eaten today.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Lexusgs430: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2016
sorextee:
Correct guy grin

That is the unwritten 11th commandment.....
Thou must not starve......
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by paechocs(m): 6:59am On Feb 10, 2016
Lent is a time of repentance. It is a time of intentional turning to God in acts of prayer and fasting, reading and meditation on Scripture, and through the a contemplation of sufferings and death–both of Jesus and of our own...Good luck on d journey

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by kcowen(m): 7:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Its About that time of the Year when You go in total reflection to the will of God in your life,it that time you let go whole hearted of your worldly possession & go to him in penance & fasting,seek his face by giving aims to the poor & Abstinence from things that gives you pleasure...As we do this may the almighty God hear our plea & count us worthy among those who will be called to his bouquet Amen
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Psylas(m): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2016
no plan
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Empredboy(m): 7:10am On Feb 10, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Matthew7v16,17: ''Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting....but you, when you fast, anoint your head & wash your face''
how come we knew that Jesus fasted and he was hungry which was the reason Satan wanted to use him to turn stone to bread?

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Jerry2i(m): 7:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Wishing all CATHOLICS (christains) a blessed ASH wednesday celebration.(Praying to be able to walk with CHRIST on HIS to GOLGOTHA)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by iamauxin(m): 7:15am On Feb 10, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Matthew7v16,17: ''Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting....but you, when you fast, anoint your head & wash your face''
Matthew Chapter 6 Bro, not 7...Happy Ash Wednesday!
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Cutehector(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2016
Urm to continue being me cool
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by ikorodureporta: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2016
iamauxin:
Matthew Chapter 6 Bro, not 7...Happy Ash Wednesday!

yep! Noted
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by herboshedhe(f): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Esther is few day away.
When is easter plz?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by fromnigeria(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
na wetin we eyes de see for here be that
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by scholes23(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2016
herboshedhe:

When is easter plz?
march 27
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by heniford(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
This ash day na another thing..oh!! My wife no agree to give me sex i hate ash wsdy!!
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 7:46am On Feb 10, 2016
dubsy91:
Ash Wednesday isn't a catholic only celebration, I can't speak for others, bt i'm Anglican n it's a church tradition
Yaa. U ar right. Dat is y i said it 4 Christians becus catolic nd aglican practice it. The Pentecostal dose not.

Happy ash Wednesday
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 7:50am On Feb 10, 2016
femi4:
I no dey fast and I m eating fish and meat
Am not beggin u sir

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Ajusshi:

When is charcoal Wednesday coming? These Roman Catholics sef undecided
This trend is not ment 4 Pentecostal or islams so

Gerara hete!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 7:54am On Feb 10, 2016
Johnbosco77:

Mr man fish no follow
But fishes are flesh
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by femi4: 7:55am On Feb 10, 2016
impossible27:

Am not beggin u sir
Is that how you behave when you fast?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Eberex(m): 7:58am On Feb 10, 2016
impossible27:
This is to wish all christans Happy Ash Wednesday. Make sure u go church for ash on Wednesday and abstain from flesh (meat and fish) on that day.

If i may ask, wat are ur plans in this lent period

Why do you want to know? Or you just feel like opening a thread on ASH Wednesday. Anybody's plan is between them and God. Wetin concern you? Its not like you even said anything about your own plans. shior
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Nickymezor(f): 7:58am On Feb 10, 2016
fistonati:
May God be our guidance during and after the period.
Amen
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Sprintson(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
Its not christianity rather its Doctrine/Dogma from this Unit.
Many can't explain it from the bible or its significance or other practices that r part of the dogma.

Read and follow your bible and don't glorify urself in church/man anythn than the word..JESUS
Shalom
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by okpurukata(f): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Praying for Gods mercy during this season and forever more, Amen.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Norstrademus(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Please who knows the actual dates for the easter holiday?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by impossible27(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2016
Eberex:

Why do you want to know? Or you just feel like opening a thread on ASH Wednesday. Anybody's plan is between them and God. Wetin concern you? Its not like you even said anything about your own plans. shior
Oga Sowi ooo. But jst keep quiet if it pain u. We dont invite sadist to talk here
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? by Romzy26: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Esther is few day away.
few days? Its 40 days from now. March 20th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is Fasting Really Fasting? / RCCG 68th Annual & 1st Virtual Convention, 3-9 August, 2020 / Burial Of Two Victims Of Ozubulu Church Massacre (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.