Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Today Is Ash Wednesday! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Ash Wednesday! (612 Views)

Ash Wednesday!!! ; All You Need To Know / Happy Ash Wednesday / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Ash Wednesday! by nymphomaniac(m): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2016
Today, the holy Roman Catholic church worldwide celebrates the feast of Ash Wednesday, the beginning of lent. Catholics are marked on their foreheads with ash which signifies the frailty of life and the fact that we are to return to the Father after our time on earth as well as reminds us to return to God and turn away from sin. Today begins the 40 days of fasting, abstinence and alms giving. Catholics are to abstain from meat today as well as fast. Easter is March 27 2016.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by Iamlordgee(m): 12:33am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by Mologi(m): 1:01am On Feb 10, 2016
God give us the sanctity to keep ourselves blessed by observing the Lenten ordinances...
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by ifenes(m): 1:03am On Feb 10, 2016
nymphomaniac:
Today, the holy Roman Catholic church worldwide celebrates the feast of Ash Wednesday, the beginning of lent. Catholics are marked on their foreheads with ash which signifies the frailty of life and the fact that we are to return to the Father after our time on earth as well as reminds us to return to God and turn away from sin. Today begins the 40 days of fasting, abstinence and alms giving. Catholics are to abstain from meat today as well as fast. Easter is March 27 2016.

Replace god with Sun.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by Sunglass20(f): 5:54am On Feb 10, 2016
And don't forget, There is a law for today-NO EATING OF MEAT. Nairalanders.... Thou shalln't chop meat o! Ash Wednesday... hmmmm. This is only an annual religious tradition. Every good Christian must remember Everyday that From dust he came, to dust he shall return. God help us to live each day as if it were our last.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by gemale(m): 8:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Lord Jesus pls 4gv me 4 all sins I've committed & grant me d grace nt 2 repeat dem. Lead me 2 true remorse & perfect contrition of my sins. May I be a true follower of You dis lent & all my lyf IJN. AMEN
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday! by gemale(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2016
nymphomaniac:
Dis blessed period signifies our willingness 2 share in d fellowship of D sufferings of our Lord Jesus Christ so as to readily partake in his power of resurrection @ Easter.

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Enjoy Heaven, If...? / Repairing The Altar Of God In Your Life / See What The Bible Says About APC And CHANGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.