Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Asp.net Mvc Deployment - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Asp.net Mvc Deployment (1788 Views)

ASP.NET MVC [C#] Php Laravel - Training From Scratch-apply now / Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. / Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 3:06am On Feb 10, 2016
please How can i deploy asp.net mvc 4 app to a client machine, i have installed local iis8 and ms deploy but still giving errors
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 10, 2016
Hi, i'm still a newbie in this technology (asp.net mvc 4). I'm practising with SharpDevelop IDE.....i think you can use xcopy to deploy it......i'll be back with some code.
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Xcopy is a command-line way of doing a copy and paste of asp.net files from one point to another. The syntax is like this;

xcopy c: \MyWebsites\MyFolder y: \RemoteWebsite\RemoteFolder /f /e /k /h

this works for asp.net webforms so i believe it should also work for asp.net mvc since it uses System.Web.Mvc

however, you can as well go opensource, and use thee Unfold Project available at https://github.com/thomasvm/unfold

1 Like

Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 10, 2016
I hope that helps.....
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
heard of it for the first time, let me give it a try, thanks
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Start your command prompt as an administrator and type
xcopy
it should work.
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Flexherbal(m): 5:52am On Feb 11, 2016
ASP again?
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by KoolPitt(m): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Interested in an asp.net mvc job? reply with your number so we can discuss.
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks man, xcopy is basically for copying got to know that, but my app was properly deployed at first. The issue came from iis configuration,

attached was the error message, and i saw the solution Here N/B not the answer with highest votes, but answer by Herb Endricott on the page solved mine..

basbone:
Start your command prompt as an administrator and type

xcopy

it should work.

1 Like

Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
Raypawer:
Thanks man, xcopy is basically for copying got to know that, but my app was properly deployed at first. The issue came from iis configuration,

attached was the error message, and i saw the solution Here

now i get your question........your question is more of a server communication problem than a deployment issue; nice to see that its being resolved.
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
on it again, refusing to read from database in App Data folder, it deployed successfully, everything worked fine but would not read db on client machine.. dont know if its even detecting the db file et all!

Seriously, this is an experience, deploying to a local server is so different from deploying to Azure seriously... a bit pain in the neck

basbone:

now i get your question........your question is more of a server communication problem than a deployment issue; nice to see that its being resolved.
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
Raypawer:
on it again, refusing to read from database in App Data folder, it deployed successfully, everything worked fine but would not read db on client machine.. dont know if its even detecting the db file et all!

Seriously, this is an experience, deploying to a local server is so different from deploying to Azure seriously... a bit pain in the neck

what database engine are you using SQL Server or SQL Compact edition??
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 1:46am On Feb 16, 2016
Yes, its telling me "cannot open database "mydbname" requested by the login. the login failed. login failed for user "IIS APPPOOL\apppoolid" yet SSMS is not seing the db with so i can add a user login to the App Pool.. donnt know if there is another way of adding a user login for for database programmatically...

basbone:

what database engine are you using SQL Server or SQL Compact edition??
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 16, 2016
Raypawer:
Yes, its telling me "cannot open database "mydbname" requested by the login. the login failed. login failed for user "IIS APPPOOL\apppoolid" yet SSMS is not seing the db with so i can add a user login to the App Pool.. donnt know if there is another way of adding a user login for for database programmatically...

just make sure the SQL Server on your client machine is running, and that there is a good connection to the path of the database table, for example;
in your web.config, you set the appropriate database settings

<connectionStrings>
<addname="MyConnection"
connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\mydbname.mdf;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
</connectionStrings>

it should work.....
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Raypawer(m): 8:27am On Feb 24, 2016
i got the solution right bro, it was a connection string problem, and it was resolved. Thanks basbone..
Re: Asp.net Mvc Deployment by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Happy to see that its resolved....

(1) (Reply)

Virtual Reality On A Website / Build Android And IOS App With Python. / Help Me With This Javascript Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.