Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here (3906 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / NYSC Batch B16 Corp Member Posted To Zamfara State Let Meet Here / NYSC 2016 Batch B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 3:36am On Feb 10, 2016
this thread is no longer Active pls go to the newly created one.
thanks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by mimioma: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
Pls where is the catholic family house and the redeem family house in port Harcourt? Pls I need to locate it.
Any help will be useful to me.
Thanks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by inyenekere(m): 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rivers state...here i come, BAR.Nyesom Wike, u must pay state allawee, by fire by force, bcuz im here
congrate to those deploy to Rivers...a land full of oil-wells...
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Pls drop your number so that we can add you thNks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by mariosam(m): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
Considering the high cost of subscription and our love for downloading things online.i have decided to open a new online libary / movie store.here all you have to do is request the movie,book,documentary etc... that you want.And you will get them for free(PROVIDED I CAN LAY MY HAND ON THEM).This offer is open to nairalanders only,so use your nairaland username for the request.
visit this new blog a place your request and by the grace of God,it will be granted.
http://nikedeeds.mywapblog.com
OR
http://nikedeeds..com.ng/

NOTE:THE SIZE OF THE FILE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM, I AM FREE SUBSCRIPTION
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by Beckytee(f): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2016
mimioma:
Pls where is the catholic family house and the redeem family house in port Harcourt? Pls I need to locate it.
Any help will be useful to me.
Thanks
I need to locate catholic family aos too... any idea
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by azibit: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2016
Seeking more information on Rivers State. Call
MCAN Ameer Rivers State on this number: 08039316335
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by azibit: 11:15am On Feb 11, 2016
My name is Idris Azeez. I am a batch B Stream 1 2015/2016 corp member currently serving in Rivers State. I chose Rivers State as my last option but as ALLAH would have it, I was posted to Rivers. Beyond every good or bad news you might have heard about the state, it is a good state to serve.
But I am simply writing this to let us have a good mind about the posting and that GOD has the best plan for us. Just pray and get your stuffs ready to come serve in rivers State.

Do not forget: Under the Sun or in the Rain.

If you want to seek more info: You can call me on 07069414970.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by azibit: 11:22am On Feb 11, 2016
You could also learn from the Info of the last batch
https://www.nairaland.com/2683085/posted-rivers-let-meet-here/
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thanks boss you too much we appreciate
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by inyenekere(m): 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
azibit:
My name is Id
ris Azeez. I am a batch B Stream 1 2015/2016 corp member currently serving in Rivers State. I chose Rivers State as my last option but as ALLAH would have it, I was posted to Rivers. Beyond every good or bad news you might have heard about the state, it is a good state to serve.
But I am simply writing this to let us have a good mind about the posting and that GOD has the best plan for us. Just pray and get your stuffs ready to come serve in rivers State.

Do not forget: Under the Sun or in the Rain.

If you want to seek more info: You can call me on 07069414970.
Thnz a millions Mr. Azeez...
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by inyenekere(m): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Directions to various state camp from Lagos...

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good evening friends.

I just communicated with an Associate that works in NYSC Office Abuja and he's assured that the Callup Letters gotten from the site with the nysc.org.ng as its domain is AUTHENTIC. He however stressed the difficulty that will be associated with NYSC trying to make changes or modifications on it as the letters are being AUTOMATED for selection upon submission of form.

SO BE AT PEACE FRIENDS!

MY POINT OF VIEWS:

1. When we talk about HACKING (as what we all have done), you are ILLEGALLY gaining access to an UNAUTHORISED information or resources by exploiting its vulnerabilities (programmers sometimes call this using the BACK DOOR ) for certain interest.
THE LAST I CHECKED, PCMs WERE THE MAJOR BENEFICIARIES OF THIS ACT. As a result, who then are the real HACKERS we are all referring to?

2. When sites meant for databases are being built (whether with Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata, etc), there are some resources that are not made public at the initial phase (based on the requirement of the owners) and are therefore programmed for later - which obviously suggest that there are there, but are only hidden from the public for a certain period.

3. If we continue with the assumptions that some special boys (OUR IMAGINED HACKERS) sat somewhere and begin to generate these callup letters on falsified sites - which I am not arguing there are out there (read my first paragraph), HOW MUCH HAVE THEY COLLECTED FROM YOU TO PROVIDE THE LETTER YOU HAVE SEEN (since nothing goes for nothing)?

4. The SMS which I received from NYSC today to this effect reads and I quote:
NYSC attention has been drawn to the ***UNAUTHORIZED (observe that there did not say FAKE)*** checking of state of deployment. Please discountenance it. Your call-up No is NOW......
To me this does not look them denying the AUTHENTICITY OF THE LETTER we have illegally gained access to.

5. From the outset, NYSC (for reasons which are not made public) have REFUSED to persuade anyone into paying for the ONLINE PRINTING of the letter, but have consistently, emphasized the benefits of doing so. Given that fact that there are MONETARY VALUE attached to the payment (and there are still Nigerians with LONG PUCKETS), what other way can there PERSUADE PCMs into making the payment other than INDIRECTLY making it public themselves (and accusing people that don't exist)?

MY BROTHER, MY SISTER, MY HERMAPHRODITE, GO AND GET YOUR LETTER AND BE AT REST!

Please, do not copy everything to save space. Thank you!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by nura110: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
I called my uncle that works with NYSC, he told me to disregard all the so called call up letter that they are yet to post PCM and I will be surprise to see that I might not be posted to any of the states I selected because it is written during selection.

I don tire o. Na who be this people wey wan put us for wahala o!

At least this no be the first time wey them they do this online registration o

I suspect say the hackers wey them dey talk dey for inside the scheme...

Make dem sha no carry me comot for my choice o. Na God I take beg them o

ottalo:
Good evening friends.

I just communicated with an Associate that works in NYSC Office Abuja and he's assured that the Callup Letters gotten from the site with the nysc.org.ng as its domain is AUTHENTIC. He however stressed the difficulty that will be associated with NYSC trying to make changes or modifications on it as the letters are being AUTOMATED for selection upon submission of form.

SO BE AT PEACE FRIENDS!

MY POINT OF VIEWS:

1. When we talk about HACKING (as what we all have done), you are ILLEGALLY gaining access to an UNAUTHORISED information or resources by exploiting its vulnerabilities (programmers sometimes call this using the BACK DOOR ) for certain interest.
THE LAST I CHECKED, PCMs WERE THE MAJOR BENEFICIARIES OF THIS ACT. As a result, who then are the real HACKERS we are all referring to?

2. When sites meant for databases are being built (whether with Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata, etc), there are some resources that are not made public at the initial phase (based on the requirement of the owners) and are therefore programmed for later - which obviously suggest that there are there, but are only hidden from the public for a certain period.

3. If we continue with the assumptions that some special boys (OUR IMAGINED HACKERS) sat somewhere and begin to generate these callup letters on falsified sites - which I am not arguing there are out there (read my first paragraph), HOW MUCH HAVE THEY COLLECTED FROM YOU TO PROVIDE THE LETTER YOU HAVE SEEN (since nothing goes for nothing)?

4. The SMS which I received from NYSC today to this effect reads and I quote:
NYSC attention has been drawn to the ***UNAUTHORIZED (observe that there did not say FAKE)*** checking of state of deployment. Please discountenance it. Your call-up No is NOW......
To me this does not look them denying the AUTHENTICITY OF THE LETTER we have illegally gained access to.

5. From the outset, NYSC (for reasons which are not made public) have REFUSED to persuade anyone into paying for the ONLINE PRINTING of the letter, but have consistently, emphasized the benefits of doing so. Given that fact that there are MONETARY VALUE attached to the payment (and there are still Nigerians with LONG PUCKETS), what other way can there PERSUADE PCMs into making the payment other than INDIRECTLY making it public themselves (and accusing people that don't exist)?

MY BROTHER, MY SISTER, MY HERMAPHRODITE, GO AND GET YOUR LETTER AND BE AT REST!

Please, do not copy everything to save space. Thank you!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by inyenekere(m): 4:06am On Feb 16, 2016
ma pple ds thread is damn dulll...does it means dat much Rivers CM doesn't know dia fate yet?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
I think so bro we will get more members here when next posting start ok.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by OmoiyaAwax(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
ottalo:
Well not so many ppl are aware that call up letter is out, so for d few that are aware, and are posted to RIVERS, a whatsapp group has just been created for TEAM RIVERS 2016 BATCH A... drop ur digits to get added or send a message to 08166850802, let's make camp fun irrespective of wat we might have been told

INTRODUCE YOURSELF(Name,institution,home state,course)

For the records, information reaching me tells me that RIVERS is a place to be, and yes of cos I ve visited the state once.

So add up and let's discuss how to make tins work there...
Good work baba nla.... During the unofficial CUL, I was posted to Rivers. Name- Awakan Olakunle R. Institution- Olabisi Onabanjo University. Home- Lagos. States during Reg- Abuja,Rivers,Lagos and Kano. Course- Physics.... I just pray my Letter neva change. Its a pleasure to meet u guys. I greet u all
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by OmoiyaAwax(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
With the unofficial viewing of the CUL, let's use this thread as a medium to meet and plan ahead of our suppose state of deployment. Travel plans, PPA and so on, let's discuss it here!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by Beckytee(f): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2016
OmoiyaAwax:
Good work baba nla.... During the unofficial CUL, I was posted to Rivers. Name- Awakan Olakunle R. Institution- Olabisi Onabanjo University. Home- Lagos. States during Reg- Abuja,Rivers,Lagos and Kano. Course- Physics.... I just pray my Letter neva change. Its a pleasure to meet u guys. I greet u all
welcome bro
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by ottalo: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Congratulations otondos as you have seen where you have been posted to. To make life easier and smooth I would give you hints about what to do and what to expect on your first day. Courtesy: EVATESE BLOG.
After receiving your call-up letter, you are expected to report to the orientation camp of the state you are posted to on the date specified on the letter. You will reside there for a period of 3 weeks. It could either be THE BEST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE or THE WORST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE. The choice is totally yours.
Most people say that it is advisable to get to camp on the second day and third day so as to avoid the hustle. From my experience, arriving early actually paid off for me. It wasn’t like I arrived by 6am but at least I got to camp by noon.
Now this advice varies from camp to camp. Those camps that are always filled up like Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Oyo etc. are always crazy on the first day. My camp was smooth and easy-going, maybe because I was just lucky.
Let’s start the process together

PART 1: ARRIVING AT CAMP
I was surprised to know that some people arrived at camp the day before so as to get good accommodation and maybe some to bypass the hustle. At my camp I can say it didn’t pay from my perspective.
When you enter camp, just start embracing strength and endurance for 3 weeks. You would be directed to the Police post where your luggage would be checked so as to ensure everyone complies with expectations of what not to bring to camp. You would write your name and be given a number that is very important during the registration period, so do not misplace it. I almost did .God saved me. Luckily for me the soldier that I met to search mine didn’t even do that so I didn’t waste time. Always have your documents handy and ready at any stand or post for registration. Also always have a biro and your passport ready as to avoid insult and embarrassment from officials.

PART 2: ACCOMODATION
This was kind of easy at my camp then. I got in line with other female otondos. Mine took place near the female hostel. I wrote my name after showing them my temporary number that was issued to me at the police post. Then I was directed to a room to pick up a mattress. You shouldn’t expect comfort o. The bed was so flat that I just adjusted my mind to take whatever was given.
Then from collection of mattress you will be directed to your rooms for the 3 weeks. The mattress that would be given is nothing to write about. I’m sure they are up to 20 years old. They are just an inch thick. This is very important and this is where you have to be smart to get a good one. I was with my friends and we wanted to stay together but the official there was forming work. Alas, we got to stay near each other. If you know you can’t tolerate people and their behaviors, it is advisable you take the upper bunk. Top bunkers have to either keep their stuff on their bed, on the side of the bed, or ask if their bunk mate to share their space under the bed. But if you want the comfort of the down bunk no problem. An advantage of the down bunk is that you could store your stuff (suitcase, buckets, etc.) under the bed. Be smart about it. Most people always fight for that space though. I chose the bottom bunk because I didn't want to worry about hopping on and off. This process can vary from camp to camp and also depending on when you arrive at camp. Also most of the bunks there are spoilt so just get ready to accept anything. You have no choice.

PART 3: REGISTRATION
Always ask questions to avoid mistakes and insults o. Ensure your files and documents are with you at every point in time. Firstly, check for where your school number is then when you hear that number you go there and do some clarification, this can be called Issuance of Counterfoil. Or it could be different. Well I can’t really recall every step but I know that the queue wasn’t that long. It took me 2 hours to finish up. Your call-up letter would be clarified for originality and authentication by UV / Mercury Light verification, you will be taking another passport regardless of the ones you have for the computer registration and verification process. Then this is where you would be given your permanent state code number for the whole service year. Ensure you fill whatever forms that would be issued to you correctly. Avoid mistakes.

PART 4: KIT COLLECTION AND PLATOON REGISTRATION
This is the last phase. It’s where you collect your NYSC issued kits to you. This can be very annoying in the sense that you can hardly be given your size. I was given a big shoe and extra-large outfits. Those that get early enough had collected the reasonable sizes; I guess that is an advantage of coming early. The kits that would be given to you at first are the pair of tennis shoes and pair of jungle boots. You could then look for someone to exchange with – for example, if your shoes are too big, you might be able to find someone with big feet who was given a smaller size, and then swap. If you are lucky (and that’s extremely lucky), you might just find your exact size.
You would then have to locate your platoon stand. Your Platoon number is the last digit of your state code. For instance if your given state code number is 0503, then you are in platoon 3. Every corper is attached to a platoon and most of your activities including morning drills, competitions would be conducted according to platoons.
This is like you nuclear family for the 3 weeks. Here you would fill some forms, then will be given a pair of the NYSC khaki Trouser and jacket + belts, 2 white t-shirts, 2 white shorts and 2pairs of socks and NYSC crested vest. You would be given some small booklets like Camp Schedule, the NYSC anthem, rules and regulations, etc.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by samju100(m): 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
rivers
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by LifeIsGuhd(f): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
Would help in answering your questions to the best of my knowledge...

I am a 2015 Batch B Corper serving in Rivers.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by Olanireti(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Team Rivers here. Waiting to see you guys. Congratulation
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by oddytony(m): 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
team rivers grin cool cool
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by toast224: 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
O yes! Rivers straight up
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by Abuonzone(m): 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
I was posted to rivers...... hope its a nice state o
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by chymi(f): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2016
Abuonzone:
I was posted to rivers...... hope its a nice state o
I don't know how Rivers state is, but am posted there. Anyone with good news? Accommodation? Feeding? Transport? Employment opportunity? Etc anyone please?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by inyenekere(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]gudmoring riverians...of truth we re all marchng 2 rivers 2geda. pls, like hw mch shld we budget from eleme jnc to camp?tnks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by iambibi(f): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2016
I yaff landed....... Team rivers.......* Spreads mat*... Una Good morning oooooooooooogrin..... I don dance shoki tire..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by iambibi(f): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2016
oddytony:
team rivers grin cool cool
.. Lols.... Guy borrow me one eye glass naundecided
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here by mschubby: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2016
team Rivers

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Quality Of NYSC Cloth 41 Years Ago. Are We Retrogressing As A Nation? / "OAU Senate; Please Mobilize Us For NYSC / NYSC Announces Passing Out Date For Batch C Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.