Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

My Unexpected Hilarious Journey To NYSC Orientation Camp From Sagamu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Unexpected Hilarious Journey To NYSC Orientation Camp From Sagamu (641 Views)

37 Ogun Corpers Involved In Accident After Leaving NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos / Billboard Falls On Two Buses Loading At Express Junction Motor Park, Sagamu / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Unexpected Hilarious Journey To NYSC Orientation Camp From Sagamu by onismate: 4:17am On Feb 10, 2016
October 28th 2015 was a hilarious day I would never forget in a hurry. After I had printed out my NYSC call-up letter the previous day. I saw that I had been posted to Cross River state. I made inquiries on how to get to Obubra, cross river orientation camp. After much inquiry, I got my information about the place and getting there.

On October 28th, I woke up as early enough, took my bath, did my final arrangements on the bag I was travelling with, ready to zoom off to Obubra in cross river state from my Abeokuta base. I was excited that i was going to NYSC camp.

Na so I board car from Abeokuta to Sagamu. I was to take a bus from Sagamu to Port Harcourt. From there, I would get a car going to Cross river. We spent 30 minutes before the car finished loading. Na so we enter the car finish. The man sitting behind me told the driver not to waste too much time. That we had spent much time loading. So make he speed the car well well. I just kept quiet. Na my journey to NYSC orientation camp na im dey my mind. Barely 10 minutes the car took off from sagamu, a small drama occurred in the car. “Heeeeeeeh! Driver, na so this car go drive reach Port Harcourt today?” the man behind me screamed. The other two beside him started shouting that the driver was driving slow, he should increase the speed. The driver simply ignored them and was moving je-jely on his own. I began wondering why they were complaining, for Christ sake the journey just started. But the men, I call them “the three Judas.” Dem no wan hear. They were just complaining that the car was moving too slow. Other passengers began to tell the three Judas to calm down, that the journey just began.

Na so dat one pass, another peace enveloped the car. Though the car was moving at a moderately appreciative speed, but I was comfortable with it, likewise other passengers except for the three Judas.

We got to Ore, the three Judas began murmuring again, that when are we going to get to Portharcort if the driver was moving as slowly as a snail. As one of the Judas said the driver was moving the car like a snail, some of us in the car busted into laughter. Before we knew what was happening, na so the 3 Judas begin para ooo. One of them was hitting his hand on the chair. I kept all of them quiet. As the drama was still going on, the driver never said anything. When I peeped to see the speed the driver was using, it was 100. And I began wondering, with 100, what else does these Judas want! For the car to start flying or what! Or for the car to disappear.

When we got to Benin, we got down to ease ourselves and eat. After eating, we entered the car and the driver started the car, but we discovered the three Judas were not inside the bus. Na so we begin look for them. The driver was very angry when we couldn’t find them. And they were not travelling with any load. The driver told the rest of us to enter that he was leaving. We concluded that maybe the 3 Judas had followed another car since they have been complaining that our car was slow. As the car was about moving, na so the 3 Judas came from only God knows were. They began shouting at the driver. That was he trying to leave them. But we waited for over 45 minutes and even looking for them. “Where una go nah,” one of the woman asked one of the Judas. “madam abeg no ask me stupid question,” the Judas said. He began abusing the woman. Trust women nah. The woman fired back. Na so other passengers join the woman to they abuse the Judas. Now come ask me, were were they coming from. We had been waiting for them. Infact the driver was even nice enough to wait. If it were to be other drivers, them go just abandom them and go their way.

After about 10 minutes of abusing and arguments. The three Judas realy abused the driver that he was too slow in driving. At a time I pitied him. The driver finally opened the car for the three Judas to enter. The car moved and another drama begun with the three Judas cursing out the driver to increase the speed of the car. The driver said he wasn’t going to increase any speed, the one he was currently using was okay. Come see the three Judas oooo. Dem no gree. The atmosphere in the car had turned upside down. People supporting the driver, lashing out the three Judas. Me sef, I come tire. I have never been in this kind of journey before. No rest of mind. I was just praying in my mind that the car shouldn’t have an accident. The three Judas have finally turned to 3 demons. They are now demons tormenting us inside the bus. “Na were these 3 devils come inside this car?” one of the women said. Indeed, they are devils because the whole atmosphere in the car was not comfortable. The driver of the car had to stop at a nearby Petrol filling station. He took his car keys and went into the shop at the filling station. The driver no gree come out again. “Abeg which kind journey be this one?” I thought to myself. We opened the car and went to the shop the driver entered. We met the shock of our lives there. The driver was sleeping untop of a long bench inside the shop. Chaiiii, see gobe. So this man just abandoned us and came there to sleep. It seemed to me that the devil indeed has descended on us. We fell into his trap. Na so we begin call the driver ooo. He said he was no longer going any more. The three Judas don frustrate him life. Ahhh, wetin this man want make we do now. We began demanding for our money back. One of the judas began making calls. I overheard him telling the person that the driver of the car he was in is a kidnapper and has gone mad. That the driver brought them to unknown were they would kill them. Kaiii, you see the kind lie wey this Judas dey lie. Before I knew what was happening, the other two Judas began threatening the driver. Driver talk say him no go go again unless the the three Judas left his car and he was ready to give them part of their money. The three Judas no gree.

The police later came to settle the case. The 3 Judas were given part of their money and were placed in another car that was going to Port harcourt. According to one of my fellow passenger, the car the three Judas were asked to later enter drives at a speed of 120. So make them enter dey go. The driver later entered the car and we left. He apologized to us. We actually knew it wasn’t his fault. The three Judas wanted a car that runs so fast, which might even take them to their grave. So he(driver) wasn’t ready to do that.

When we got to Agbo in Delta state, the diversion to Portharcourt road. We saw the three Judas and their car which we suspected developed fault. Immediately they saw us, they were waving at the driver to stop. For where, driver no stop. Every one in the car were laughing. Driver talk say him no want get hipper tension. We got to Port harcourt safely. From there, I saw other prospective corpers going to Obubra. Na there I follow them come reach orientation camp.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1092-my-journey-and-hilarious-experience-going-to-nysc-orientation-camp-in-cross-river

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Rotting Away In China Prison / Need Info About Windhoek Nambia / Useful Tips To Take Note Of When Travelling To The United Arab Emirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.