Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here (10035 Views)

Cross River Batch B Stream 1 Let's Meet / SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d / Enugu Batch A 16, Stream 1, Let's Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Omolola1(f): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oyehomie:

Lol..at omolola nd brimmie...clears throat...WHAT IS GOD TRYING TO TELL YOU O?

Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Oyehomie(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
Omolola1:

U noo talk abi? Lol
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by odosadestiny100: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
Please I was posted to cross river state stream 1... Any whatsapp group for us to meet
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
odosadestiny100:
Please I was posted to cross river state stream 1... Any whatsapp group for us to meet
same here, been asking same question buh no reply
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by odosadestiny100: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
@blizzydoDo dis my number 08139033500 send me yours so we can chat and see how we can create a whatsapp group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Blackops(m): 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Yewande Tope from Ibadan posted to Cross River. Pls add up +234 706 425 7936
Fumbi from Ekiti posted to Cross River pls add up +234 806 715 9728 add to the group chat.
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by keko14: 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
BlizzydoDo:
same here, been asking same question buh no reply
. whatsap group...08076181515
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by BlizzydoDo(f): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
keko14:
. whatsap group...08076181515
tank yuu
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Jblessing(m): 1:21am On Apr 22, 2016
pls add me up...am posted to cross river 07064446357
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by dayno88: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2016
pls add me up too. 07086739665
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by lastborn17(m): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
If u need any assistance wyt accommodation or enquiries about calabar get free to ask i du all i could to help, also servin in Calabar batch b 2015, i only know much about calabar cause dat where my ppa is.
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by jamyelah: 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
Am posted to cross river Batch A stream 1 2016!
Pls add me up if U re posted to cross river n travelling 4rm Kaduna 08026367155/07034868173...
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by joseepee(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Pls add me 08137928131
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by nzeboss: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
add 08068937445. thanks
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by 9ite(m): 1:12am On Apr 24, 2016
elfibar:
To all new Corp members, I say welcome to Cross river state, not one of the best place to camp or even serve , but am very sure you will have fun and a lot of interesting memories.... Am a Corp member currently serving in cross river state, (B15 stream 2).. I got help through a thread like this for batch B and I am willing to help all the new Corp members as well .. If you need any info about cross river state, just ask and I will try my possible best to answer it.... Welcome once again, to the Nation's paradise...

biko hwz d weather, I neva ready burn ma skin in sun oo....to b precise, how hot is camp there?
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by 9ite(m): 1:18am On Apr 24, 2016
pls add to d whatsapp group....09039075903
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Buharism: 8:54am On Apr 24, 2016
9ite:

biko hwz d weather, I neva ready burn ma skin in sun oo....to b precise, how hot is camp there?
well the hostels are too hot at night, coupled with no fan, plus the bathing water is oily meaning u will start sweating immediately after bathing. dont forget to go with ur custom hand fan o. The weather during the day is relatively hot too.
where are u travelling from?
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by 9ite(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Buharism:
well the hostels are too hot at night, coupled with no fan, plus the bathing water is oily meaning u will start sweating immediately after bathing. dont forget to go with ur custom hand fan o. The weather during the day is relatively hot too.
where are u travelling from?

travelling from Ib
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Buharism: 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
9ite:

travelling from Ib
ok, make sure u dont stop at calabar, or go directly to calabar, the distance frm calabar to the Nysc camp in obubra is about 2h 40min.
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by ujudiaz(f): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Pls who is going to cross river camp from imo state!
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Oluwatobbii: 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Pls if u were posted to crossriver 2015 ....do u have an idea if they open the camp a day before registration date + add me o 08182203819
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by keko14: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
ujudiaz:
Pls who is going to cross river camp from imo state!
. drop ur Num fr whatsap group
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by elfibar(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Atlast we have our official PCMs posted to cross river,i welcome you all..cross river is an Amazing state as you might have heard, although kinda expensive in terms of accommodation, but trust me,you will survive.... As my fellow corp member as said, the camp ain't the Best but it's better some other camps in the country...... There are a lot of routes to take to obubra camp, but it will be better to avoid passing through calabar cos of the road and distance..if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask... We will gladly be at ur service, am currently serving in ugep, Cross river and am from the west....Thank you, God bless
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Ghost01(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
elfibar:

2000 at the maximum...

The distance from calabar to obubra is a day journey so, you can Lodge any where, but calabar has the best hotel facilities and I doubt it if you will see a hotel in obubra.. There are places closer to obubra like ugep and ikom, you can Lodge there as well.. It all depends on your paroles..
Bros! The journey from Obubra to Calabar takes just three hours and not a whole day. Besides, Obubra is a local government area and there are hotels in the towns along the Calabar-Ikom highway in Obubra.

For those going from Onitsha, just board a bus going to Ikom and drop at Obubra junction. From there you take a bike directly to camp.
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by elfibar(m): 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oluwatobbii:
Pls if u were posted to crossriver 2015 ....do u have an idea if they open the camp a day before registration date + add me o 08182203819

Yes they do
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by elfibar(m): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ghost01:
Bros! The journey from Obubra to Calabar takes just three hours and not a whole day. Besides, Obubra is a local government area and there are hotels in the towns along the Calabar-Ikom highway in Obubra.

For those going from Onitsha, just board a bus going to Ikom and drop at Obubra junction. From there you take a bike directly to camp.
Yes, you are right, i want to believe,that was a mistake,what i was trying to tell him was that if he got to calabar late,he can stay there overnight and continue his journey the next day since the distance is something that can be covered in a day.... I stay at ugep....there are relatively affordable hotels in ugep, the closest town to obubra....
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by elfibar(m): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
9ite:

I think the sun in the south ain't that harsh as the one in the north, so you should be able to survive it....but my advice when you get to camp,minimize ur waka in the sun
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Lambkings(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Prospective corp members going to CRS i wish u all d best during ur period of service. My advice 2 u 1st is 2 pray hard durin ur 3wks camp @obubra 4rm xperience it is not 4ni. wile in camp also try nd get a white rubber boot cos of red sand wahala nd parade calls no tym. Hold cash very important 2 make ur 3wks very interestin especially @mami... Cost of livin is high if u r posted to calaba nd to those who want their ppa there should pray nd ask 4 who ever will accept them provide accomodation cos not all employers provide accomodation nd pay stipen so kw dat ur alawee wil nt sustain u. What else have i 4gotten. Just ask cos i stayed @calaba though ppa was @odukpani 1 village wit out water
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Evathyst(f): 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
9ite:

The weather is moderate. Infact, it rains more than the sun shines in Cross-river state. The camp is old, dirty, and unkempt. Their food there is wack. Network is poor, and social event on camp is a total apology. The toilet and bathroom ehn? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed It's not a good sight to behold. It was so worse that I had to resort to shot-putting. And I take my bath very early outside before the bigle is blown.

Now to the good sides;
- Water supply is sufficient but not abundant though.
- Power supply is regular between the hours of 6pm - 10pm they normally switch on the generator.
-Accomodation is fairly manageable. And also, the rooms will be fumigated. So you can be sure you'd be free pfrom mosquitoes.
- The cost of things at Mami market is relatively affordable.

And lest I forget, there's also enough space for straffing. tongue

If you need answers to any other questions, just mention me.

#I Rep 2013 Batch C#
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by Evathyst(f): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
9ite:

travelling from Ib
If you're travelling from Ibadan or anywhere in the West, go through Onitsha. Once you alight at Upper-iweka in Onitsha, take a bike to Onitsha South Mass Transit Park (It's beside one popular hospital whose name I can't remember at the moment). At the park, you'll board another bus going to Ikom. Alight at Obubra juncture. Then take a bike to the camp. Very easy.

But if you go through calabar, you'll live long enough to advise others never to repeat such in their NYSC life. wink

And yes, the camp will be opened a day before it's official opening. So as to accommodate people who would be coming from a far distance.
Re: Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here by BlizzydoDo(f): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
Evathyst:
If you're travelling from Ibadan or anywhere in the West, go through Onitsha. Once you alight at Upper-iweka in Onitsha, take a bike to Onitsha South Mass Transit Park (It's beside one popular hospital whose name I can't remember at the moment). At the park, you'll board another bus going to Ikom. Alight at Obubra juncture. Then take a bike to the camp. Very easy.

But if you go through calabar, you'll live long enough to advise others never to repeat such in their NYSC life. wink

And yes, the camp will be opened a day before it's official opening. So as to accommodate people who would be coming from a far distance.
but it z unavoidable 2go 2 Obubra 4rm Uyo without passing calabar...wat do yuu suggest to people in dat situation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Make The Best Use Of Your Time At Nysc Camp / Batch B Timetable For NYSC 2012 Out / Shoutout To All 2015 Batch B Stream 2 Corp Members. Today Is Our POP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.