Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" (531 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" by TheophilusA: 5:38am On Feb 10, 2016
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi has said he is not interested in any supremacy battle with any king because his interest is to unite Yorubas and other tribes within the larger House of Oduduwa. According to Ooni's Director of Media and Public Affairs, Mr Moses Olafare,“Let me emphasize for the umpteenth time that Kabiyesi Ooni is less concerned over any supremacy hullabaloo, his only interest for now on the sacred throne of Oduduwa is to explore measures through which the collective interest and genuine unity among Yoruba and other tribes within the larger House of Oduduwa can be enhanced." This is coming less than 24 hours after the Esogban of Benin and Odionwere of the kingdom (Traditional Head), Chief David Edebiri on Monday said the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo goofed when he said the Oba of Benin was third in the hierarchy of Obas. Edebiri explained that the Ooni of Ife was a son of the Oba of Benin.

In a related development, the Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo has said he maintains his stand on the ranking of Yoruba Obas, and said he is ready to release evidence to back his claims.The Alake had listed the other Obas below the Ooni to include the Alaafin of Oyo and the Oba of Benin as second and third, respectively, while he listed his own title, the Alake of Egbaland as the fourth while the Awujale of Ijebuland occupies the lowest rung of ladder. Speaking through his Special Adviser on Media Affairs, Chief Lai Labode, Alake said he does not want to engage in controversy with anyone.

http://dawntodusknews.com/ooni-im-not-interested-in-supremacy-battle-as-alake-says-i-stand-by-my-ranking/
Re: Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" by tasceige(m): 5:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Oh..
Well I've not heard of any other Oba recently except for His Royal highness Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi.. Ain't saying they don't exist, But only in their kingdoms.
HRH Oba Adeyeye is making waves mahn..
Just look at the recent epic visit to the Awujale of ijebu land and that of Alafin of Oyo.
Re: Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" by bankyblue(m): 5:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Let him relesea whatever he has to back it up, in other to keep that edo bigot mutu.
Re: Ooni:"I'm Not Interested In Supremacy Battle",Alake Says,"I Stand By My Rating" by absoluteSuccess: 7:08am On Feb 10, 2016
The Ooni Ogubwusi will make a difference, he has a mind of his own.
he will make Ife throne glorious and attract more blessings to Yoruba land.
Respect is earned not given, he has won my respect as a Yoruba man.
Leave the old folks to their arguments.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of Your Tribes Men Do U See That Makes U Thank God For Been In That Tribe. / Who Are The Real Judea People??? / Help In Kano Bayero University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.