Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically (33746 Views)

Piano/keyboard Lesson / How Well Arranged Or How Beautiful Is Your Smartphone Homepage? / Olamide Teaching Is Son How To Play Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by udemzyudex(m): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Learn how to type with marvins beacon abi wetin dem dey call the app sef.... U go good
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Goldenheart(m): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Cool sha...
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Edd1e(m): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nice. U can type 'stewardesses' with ur lefthand, which is the longest word u can type with ur lefthand.... grin grin
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by merlinmaarit: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
I've always understood the reason to be that common letter combinations were put far apart in order to slow down typing.why slow down typing,you might?because typewriters were originally mechanical and the keys would jam if you typed to quickly.

<a href="http://www.androidtraining-chennai.in/android-training-chennai.html">android training in chennai</a>

further information to check:http://in.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=iry&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003&type=wncy_dstndrm_15_39&param1=1&

http://www.androidtraining-chennai.in
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Chrisx1x(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

Oyibo kids dey always type very fast. Me wey don dey use PC everyday and type for some time now still dey stutter and look at my keyboard. Abi na film trick? Na only me observe that thing?
use mavis beacon to perfect your speed and accuracy
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by adezjamz(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
johnydon22:
The key pad is called "qwerty" keypad because the first 6 letters from the first row is "QWERTY"...

Seriously that keypad is the best, it would have been quite slow and boring if they were in alphabetical order..
i only agree with ur last sentence due to the jamming fact. if considering arrangement, i totally disagree coz we'll all learn it .

& more over, how is jam prevented when typing words like "dirty", "property" and its like...?
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by cassyrooy(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Great finding Pr0ton

1 Like

Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by JustCurious: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

Oyibo kids dey always type very fast. Me wey don dey use PC everyday and type for some time now still dey stutter and look at my keyboard. Abi na film trick? Na only me observe that thing?

You could work on your typing skills, too. It's an easy thing to do. Firstly, try to get the "Mavis Beacon' software and install on your system. Spend some time on the application daily by working out the exercises/games etc. #asdf #;LKJ #HomeKeys.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Idrismusty97(m): 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
Despite that my speed is just a little above 25mph. Well who cares.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by chidooh1: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

God bless you. I thought i am the only one who fumbles on keyboard after many years of PCs operation, despite the fact that people call me wizard in computer and Internet i still look down sometimes to see what to input on keyboard
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

Lol. Learn to touch type and it wouldn't impress you so much. I learned after a friend told me to, its not hard at all. I can teach you.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Abbey3443(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
bastien:
Even with the qwerty keypad I'm still fast

I even dey talk to my boss as I tap the is post
No wonder cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by ZUBY77(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
Pr0ton:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2279033909

90% of Nairalanders won't understand this post.
Just post the picture of Ini Edo and they are fine.

If you as much as quote me, then you are among the 90%.

Hehe hehe
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Phobia1: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

Try "mavis beacon' for som months
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
This explains why I can type very fast because I'm left handed. Can actually type above 90 wpm I.e. ninety words per minute after just about 3 months of practice. cool
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by bastien: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
Abbey3443:

No wonder cheesy wink
lol
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by DanielGb(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
egopersonified:
I can already imagine one of my kids asking me this question, answer filed for future reference, thanks op.

incase you didn't know the answer if they eventually ask. Just tell you don't know. Thats simple.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by TaiKuun(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

your comments look like that of 2001
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by egopersonified(f): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

incase you didn't know the answer if they eventually ask. Just tell you don't know. Thats simple.

You try. Well done. So how will I justify my coming first in class every term while in school?
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by drlaykay(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
I don't know which to believe. I once read that the keyboard was arranged by an Hungarian named QWERT YUIOP who invented the modern keyboard. So he stylishly arranged his name on the first role
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by DanielGb(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
egopersonified:

You try. Well done. So how will I justify my coming first in class every term while in school?
Tell dem, its not all subject you had 100/100. They shud consult google. Simple.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by UjSizzle(f): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
radiokilla:
Who's proficient a typing fast? I'm way too slow for a guy
If you use a phone with qwerty pad, try typing with both hands (left and right thumb) instead of one. It helped me get faster with an actual keyboard because both hands got familiar with the letter arrangement.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Adelz(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
UjSizzle:

If you use a phone with qwerty pad, try typing with both hands (left and right thumb) instead of one. It helped me get faster with an actual keyboard because both hands got familiar with the letter arrangement.
thanks for the tip dear. I'm looking forward to when i can totally look away from the keyboard, i'll give you a mention when that happens.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by MilkANDpepper: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
mckenzieRx:
Thanks for the eye opener! grin grin grin
but na your teeth I see open naw. Big big teeth. Lol na joke o

1 Like

Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by sylve11: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
insightful. cool
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by MilkANDpepper: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

Tell dem, its not all subject you had 100/100. They shud consult google. Simple.
Baba you no see her name? EGO PERSONIFIED she has to massage the ego na. Whatever google knows, she sef sabi. Hehe
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by jgatherer(m): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

No be jazz/film trick...most of those kids start typing at a very young age.
Abi se you dey call am film trick if Ajegunle pikin dey dance galala ?
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by DeHero1: 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
educative
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by UjSizzle(f): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
radiokilla:
thanks for the tip dear. I'm looking forward to when i can totally look away from the keyboard, i'll give you a mention when that happens.
You're welcome smiley
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by FlySly05: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
johnydon22:
The key pad is called "qwerty" keypad because the first 6 letters from the first row is "QWERTY"...

Seriously that keypad is the best, it would have been quite slow and boring if they were in alphabetical order..

I just spent the last 3 minutes reading that. Your summary is appreciated but not needed. Thanks
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by DanielGb(m): 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
MilkANDpepper:
Baba you no see her name? EGO PERSONIFIED she has to massage the ego na. Whatever google knows, she sef sabi. Hehe

she knows nothing. na Pride do chicken wey make dem fry her dry. I get one question for her self. I dey come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduates 2019 / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% / FG Committee Recommends ₦ 2 Millions Monthly Pay For Professors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.