Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos (1371 Views)

Government Primary & Secondary Schools In Fagba Area, Lagos State / Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia / Electricity Wires With No Poles Sighted In Fagba, Lagos. (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos by Ekiti360(m): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2016
I wept while going through this sad tale of an innocent child...I tell you, it is indeed sad how some hospitals these days treat human life like "rubbish".

This is too bad! Read the details:
I am forwarding this mail to you on behalf of a young couple that is close to me. I am a fan of your blog. In fact, I hardly take my morning breakfast without going through your blog each day.

This incident happened in a popular private hospital called Ayodele Hospital in Fagba off Iju Road. The baby was brought to the hospital on Saturday February 6, 2016.

Before taking the boy to the hospital, he was taken to Ifako Ijaiye General hospital on Wednesday February 3, 2016, for treatment as a result of teething fever. The boy was apparently running high fever as a result of teething problem.

At the General hospital he was given injection to bring down the temperature and after all was discharged. He was okay by our understanding then.On Saturday morning the temperature started rising again...

His wife took the baby back to the hospital and was told that there is no bed space. She was referred to Ayinke Hospital in Ikeja . Considering the distance and all the troubles so far, the father decided to take him to a big private hospital around. That was how the baby was taken to Ayodele in fagba.

At the private hospital he was admitted and they tried getting the vein in order to pass drip and to administer medication. They could not get the vein easily so they decided using the vein in the head .

They started administering the drip . Not quite long, they told the parents that the baby is not breathing fine due to the catarrh he has and that they have to place him on oxygen.

After some hours, the light went off. They called the nurses to inform the gateman to put on the generator and for an hour the hospital did not respond accordingly. The baby gave up after gasping for breath.

The parents watched their baby die for what could be avoided. The father was so traumatized that he was ready to pull down the hospital for such negligence and the placing of the baby at the waste bin as if it was a dog that died (see picture below).

In the process policemen from Oko Oba were called in to arrest the father.

Though he was released later. Despite all these negligence, the hospital is asking them to pay N38,000 before they can take the corpse for burial.

The parents are asking for justice. The death of their baby should not be swept under. Someone should pay for such wickedness .

I enclose the telephone number of the father for you to get a direct account of what really transpired. (Mr Bode - 0806 689 4339).

The world need to know about this.

This kind of hospitals should not be allowed to operate in a sane society. A life that could have been saved has just been lost. A future and hapless baby's life has been cut short on the altar of negligence.

Ugochukwu Nwora
Concerned citizen and a friend to the family

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/shameful-death-7month-old-baby-ayodele-hospital-fagba-lagos/

Lalasticlala

Re: Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos by INTROVERT(f): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2016
Sad
Re: Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos by menabae(f): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2016
This can only happen in Naija hospital... smh
Re: Shameful Death Of 7month Old Baby At Ayodele Hospital In Fagba, Lagos by thorpido(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
The police should get to the root of the matter.Too early to conclude the hospital is at fault.

(1) (Reply)

When You Dont Know Where The Relationship Is Going Ladies / Mayweater Fight 2017 / If Nigerians Where To Grasp Your Ideas, What Will Nigeria Be Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.