Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You (20547 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Crazy Things Women Do To Save Their Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 7:25am On Feb 13, 2016
freshvine:
I see a disconnect Here!

All the igbo ladies commenting here are married to Yoruba men and they're proud of their marriage but not a single igbo man here relating to marrying a yoruba lady.

What's the problem?

Th ratio of igbo men that married outside is very low even if they will marry they marry from near by tribes like cross rivers and Delta

An average well brought up igbo lady wants to marry an igbo man and will marry one but when the bad ones with dirty history doesn't see husband they end up as available becoming desirable

Look at tonto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by BellaElla(f): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

Th ratio of igbo men that married outside is very low even if they will marry they marry from near by tribes like cross rivers and Delta
An average well brought up igbo lady wants to marry an igbo man and will marry one but when the bad ones with dirty history doesn't see husband they end up as available becoming desirable
Look at tonto
Wow, this is astounding. So u mean Igbo ladies like myself that married out of our tribes are bad with dirty histories. Simply incredulous!!!! Your logic is embarrassingly flawed. I wonder where u have been to or how you grew up, your thought process is shockingly backward. If you have mingled at all or worked with big organizations you would know that one great factor that influences choice of life partner is location. It would be foolish of one to pass up on good men or women around them simply because they are from different tribes or because they do not want to be termed wayward. God! I feel retarded even typing this. I have heard lots of ludicrous statements but clap for yourself, this one takes the cake.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2016
BellaElla:
Wow, this is astounding. So u mean Igbo ladies like myself that married out of our tribes are bad with dirty histories. Simply incredulous!!!! Your logic is embarrassingly flawed. I wonder where u have been to or how you grew up, your thought process is shockingly backward. If you have mingled at all or worked with big organizations you would know that one great factor that influences choice of life partner is location. It would be foolish of one to pass up on good men or women around them simply because they are from different tribes or because they do not want to be termed wayward. God! I feel retarded even typing this. I have heard lots of ludicrous statements but clap for yourself, this one takes the cake.

No I am not generalist but I am talking from my own observation ....not that it is all but 90% of the ladies that lack decency or have ruptured history go for the external ....ok lets take for instance an igbo lady that has two kids from different men yet not married ..tell me which igbo man will marry such ?

But I strictly tend to follow the injunction of bible

Marry your types ...mind you that's me
Oh I am even married
So follow your heart

Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by thorpido(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

Look at tonto
Now the bolded is flawed,very flawed.Do you mean growing up in the east means being well brought up? A lady who is raised in the west and 'well brought up' necessarily must marry an igbo guy?An igbo lady raised outside of the east and working in a multinational with all the exposure must marry an igbo guy?If she does then she must be bad and with a dirty history?
Nna,ogbenye echiche.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by cococandy(f): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2016
SMH
tonychristopher:

Look at tonto

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2016
thorpido:
Now the bolded is flawed,very flawed.Do you mean growing up in the east means being well brought up? A lady who is raised in the west and 'well brought up' necessarily must marry an igbo guy?An igbo lady raised outside of the east and working in a multinational with all the exposure must marry an igbo guy?If she does then she must be bad and with a dirty history?
Nna,ogbenye echiche.

You people have a way of jumping into conclusion....

Who mentioned growing up in east

Where is deductive reasoning pls

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by thorpido(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

You people have a way of jumping into conclusion....

Who mentioned growing up in east

Where is deductive reasoning pls
The statement you made is conclusive so there's no need to jump here.
You're igbo and feel any lady that marries outside of igbo has a problem.
That's poor!

10 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
thorpido:
The statement you made is conclusive so there's no need to jump here.
You're igbo and feel any lady that marries outside of igbo has a problem.
That's poor!

I never said that I said 90% so get your facts straight and that is the fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by thorpido(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

How did you arrive at 90%?Can we see your data sheet?

4 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Onegai(f): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oh, so you mean all those Igbo ladies I know whom are not married to Igbo men are suffering and smiling. Chai! Poor ladies, I pray that their content and happy marriages back up so they can marry Emeka, Chukwudi or Nonso, their sins will be washed away and finally be at peace and even make Igbo-Heaven. cry

grin Later on, they will call themselves Christians and ask for your donations and support in their time of need. Then, your money and your help isn't tribalistic, it's nice and necessary.

4 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
thorpido:
How did you arrive at 90%?Can we see your data sheet?

This is empirical why don't you you do a survey and see for yourself I am not in stats 101 lecture hall

As I said

Follow biblical injunction and I advise people to stick to their kind

It is pointless been the black sheep

But whatever sails your boat rock with it

The bottom line is 90% of those that maried ....are seen that way

My observation dearie

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by thorpido(m): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

This is empirical why don't you you do a survey and see for yourself I am not in stats 101 lecture hall

As I said

Follow biblical injunction and I advise people to stick to their kind

It is pointless been the black sheep

But whatever sails your boat rock with it

The bottom line is 90% of those that maried ....are seen that way

My observation dearie
What's the biblical injunction?I want to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by TheArchangel(f): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Tonychristopher I understand you perfectly but people that are into intertribal marriages won't like your comments. Though your stats are over the top but I have seen both played out over and again.

I do not support Nigerian intertribal marriage......lots of baggages to contend with. Marry a white or non Nigerian instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheArchangel:
Tonychristopher I understand you perfectly but people that are into intertribal marriages won't like your comments. Though your stats are over the top but I have seen both played out over and again.

I do not support Nigerian intertribal marriage......lots of baggages to contend with. Marry a white or non Nigerian instead.

They know these things but will want to play ostrich

I pray their work
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by beejaymoore(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chidoks:
The success/failure of such marriages is determined by how far/close they live near their extended family members,call it external influences. The less,the better.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:43am On Feb 14, 2016
BellaElla:

One I have lived outside Nigeria for years and I didn't get complacent to marry them...so its not location dear it complacency and lack of knowing what you want

I have also worked in a big bank for years ...maybe a Nigerian quoted bank isn't what you meant and in Lagos for that matter ..so the choice of partner didn't change ....still focus

Now maybe you think that parents are illiterate ..hell no very educated both pops and mumsy so it not upbringing

I think you were either complacent or infatuated then

But I tell u..in marriage love is the least thing to consider ... There are better stuffs like compatibility and cultural synergy..love grows

But wishing u the best....

Hey today is val !

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:45am On Feb 14, 2016
TheArchangel:

I hope I want hard with the truth

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 12:48am On Feb 14, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:
I can NEVER try it lai-lai!!!

EDO STATE. . . . HELL NO!

Yoruba? NO!
IGBO! NO!
BINI? NO!
URHOBO, IJAW, ITSEKIRI aka AGBERO areas? NO!
All those CALABAR, RIVERS, CROSS RIVERS witches and PERVERT areas? HELL TO THE NO!

In fact only ANIOMA areas of Nigeria, the NORTH or A WHITE MAN!!! cool

Lol

But anioma is igbo or is there any difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by KanwuliaExtra: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
tonychristopher:

Lol

But anioma is igbo or is there any difference

If you can ask this kain kwaystion, it means you do NOT know ANYTHING about NIGERIA OR NIGERIANS! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by freshvine(f): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

If you can ask this kain kwaystion, it means you do NOT know ANYTHING about NIGERIA OR NIGERIANS! cheesy

Anioma is not Ibo. It's a coincidence they speak igbo dialect, bear igbo names, have igbo traditions and customs and mostly dress like igbos.

Oh! Anioma geographically is not in the North, not in the West amongst yorubas but neighbors to the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by missKiffy(f): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
jashar:

Ok. Thank you.
Don't mind him joor, nothing wrong in telling ur man your glad u married him. Be expressive depending on how you feel, too much of everytin is not bad, this is ur husband we are talking abt, not a fiancee or bf

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tintingz(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
tonychristopher:

Look at tonto
It is only an "illitrate" and few educated dimwit people that sees many thing wrong in inter-tribal and inter-racial marriage(according psychology facts).

From generalizing to stereotypes.

All these cultural ish as been programmed to our brain and thinking that when someone marries from another tribe he or she has lost it.

As if marrying from same tribe guarantee happy marriage.

People lost their culture and language not because of inter-tribal marriage but because of not teaching our next generation the culture and language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by jashar(f): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
missKiffy:

Don't mind him joor, nothing wrong in telling ur man your glad u married him. Be expressive depending on how you feel, too much of everytin is not bad, this is ur husband we are talking abt, not a fiancee or bf

grin

I know. I was being polite.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by KanwuliaExtra: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
freshvine:

Anioma is not Ibo. It's a coincidence they speak igbo dialect, bear igbo names, have igbo traditions and customs and mostly dress like igbos.

Oh! Anioma geographically is not in the North, not in the West amongst yorubas but neighbors to the igbos.

Gbam!!!!!

Let us just say. . . Anioma na 'diluted Igbo'!
Unlike the 'concentrated' ones! wink
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by freshvine(f): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

Gbam!!!!!
Let us just say. . . Anioma na 'diluted Igbo'! Unlike the 'concentrated' ones! wink
You got me there. Very funny woman you are.
You're very free with life...
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by KanwuliaExtra: 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
freshvine:

You got me there. Very funny woman you are.

You're very free with life...

Oh yes o. . . Very free with life o.
Nothing bothers me. . . . Always happy!
Because life is always gooooooooooooooooooooooooood to me! cool

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by freshvine(f): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
tintingz:
It is only an "illitrate" and few educated dimwit people that sees many thing wrong in inter-tribal and inter-racial marriage(according psychology facts).

From generalizing to stereotypes.

All these cultural ish as been programmed to our brain and thinking that when someone marries from another tribe he or she has lost it.

As if marrying from same tribe guarantee happy marriage.

People lost their culture and language not because of inter-tribal marriage but because of not teaching our next generation the culture and language.

Stop attacking the young man, he knows what he's saying.

Inter tribal marriage is hardly a success more so we're in this generation where marriage vows ain't taken serious anymore.

It's good and best to marry from one's tribe.
MERIT :
1. NO identity crisis
2. Home is built around the Man.
3. It removes suspicion and confrontation.
4. Inlaws are treated as Inlaws not visitors
5. It foster bond and unity as custom and traditions guide the family
6. Woman cannot run away with kids since tradition is held as a value system.

DEMERIT MARRYING INTER ETHNIC

1. identity crisis
2. Clash of custom and values
3. Losing children to a partner during crisis
4. It promotes suspicion and competition
5. Women usually don't express themselves fully as everything is alien to them

3 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tintingz(m): 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
freshvine:

Stop attacking the young man, he knows what he's saying.

Inter tribal marriage is hardly a success more so we're in this generation where marriage vows ain't taken serious anymore.

It's good and best to marry from one's tribe.
MERIT :
1. NO identity crisis
2. Home is built around the Man.
3. It removes suspicion and confrontation.
4. Inlaws are treated as Inlaws not visitors
5. It foster bond and unity as custom and traditions guide the family
6. Woman cannot run away with kids since tradition is held as a value system.

1. identity crisis
Can you read what you just posted again??

Are you telling me all these does not happen when someone marry from same tribe?

I have said it earlier, we have been programmed to believe in what you posted.(ref. Sociology)

Advantages of inter-tribal marriages.

- National unity
- Multilingual
- A child can claim both tribe.
- Expose to multi-culture
- No tribalism

1. identity crisis
We all know men are the heads of the family. undecided
An ijebu man will still have problem with his ijebu wife when it comes to household customs.
My parents are both ijebus so I know what am saying.
Doesn't that happen when couples divorce? undecided
Husband earns million, wife earns million won't there competition?
Do women have a say when it comes to Africa tradition?

It takes love and discipline for a marriage to last.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by funmercy1(f): 1:22am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

No I am not generalist but I am talking from my own observation ....not that it is all but 90% of the ladies that lack decency or have ruptured history go for the external ....ok lets take for instance an igbo lady that has two kids from different men yet not married ..tell me which igbo man will marry such ?

But I strictly tend to follow the injunction of bible

Marry your types ...mind you that's me
Oh I am even married
So follow your heart

Thanks
I'm with u dere more than 90,

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by funmercy1(f): 1:28am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

anuty, u no need 2 vex it's d truth I can give u up to 7 marriages I kw, just 1 good as in no history...... It's d truth
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by pharmagba: 6:20am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

Nice ..but as a man stop cheapening yourself by telling the man how you are glad he married you..that statement has a way of puncturing your worth as a woman

A man should be head over heals on a woman not the other way round

Don't make the dude look at you that he did you a favour

Take this from a married man

But keep appreciating him but don't diminish your value mbok
Your comment says all about you
You've still got a lot to learn about marriage
It's not about you it all about the other partner

3 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tintingz(m): 6:54am On Feb 15, 2016
... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.