Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You (20535 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Crazy Things Women Do To Save Their Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by juman(m): 7:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Inter ethnic marriage success depends on couples involved.

One thing always wondering my mind, how come the countries that have it citizens consists of mainly immigrants are able to excel while we nigerians that are mainly indigenous people cannot build a sensible and reasonable country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 15, 2016
jashar:

Sis, you married a strong and good man. Because sorry to say, most Yoruba families don't like their sons marrying 'outsiders'.

I wonder why?
That's a lie. Yorubas are very accommodating, it's igbos that don't allow their children to marry outsiders especially their Mother, ask anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 15, 2016
BellaElla:
I am in an intertribal marriage and its working out perfectly. My husband is Yoruba and I am igbo. It is very common to see two tribes marry in cities and these marriages last. So saying 80% of inter tribal marriages crash is grossly exaggerating. I dated from my tribe before marriage, It didnt workout and I let go. My husband had the qualities I needed in a life partner so I married him. I have it good with him and wouldn't trade him for anyone.
God bless ur home sis. What do you have to say about yorubas?
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2016
pharmagba:

Your comment says all about you
You've still got a lot to learn about marriage
It's not about you it all about the other partner

If I may ask how long have you been married ?/lets exchange note cos me my first issue is like 9yrs ....so who is learning
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
God bless ur home sis. What do you have to say about yorubas?

What is known about them ....
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
That's a lie. Yorubas are very accommodating, it's igbos that don't allow their children to marry outsiders especially their Mother, ask anybody

Pls lets not take this tribal pls ....what makes you think the poster is igbo?

The way you guys jump into conclusion is baffling
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:29am On Feb 15, 2016
funmercy1:
I'm with u dere more than 90,

How

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2016
tintingz:
It is only an "illitrate" and few educated dimwit people that sees many thing wrong in inter-tribal and inter-racial marriage(according psychology facts).

From generalizing to stereotypes.

All these cultural ish as been programmed to our brain and thinking that when someone marries from another tribe he or she has lost it.

As if marrying from same tribe guarantee happy marriage.

People lost their culture and language not because of inter-tribal marriage but because of not teaching our next generation the culture and language.

Oga abi madam

Take this or you leave it

The ratio of inter tribal marriage breakup is high ...it might sound harsh but it the fact
Just like that if inter racial

Take this or leave it

It has always been the most reasonable thing to stick with your type ..not that there won't be erring ones ....there will

Pls for not seeing from your perspective doesn't make someone dimwit ..what is wrong with you guys

Must we see from your view point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

Pls lets not take this tribal pls ....what makes you think the poster is igbo?

The way you guys jump into conclusion is baffling
Why ar u taking this personal? I'm not tribalistic wen it comes to relationship/marriage. I will marry anywhere I find love be it hausa or igbo. I look out for personalities not tribes. Cool it down nigga, you are taking it too far.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

What is known about them ....
You are loosing it
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by BellaElla(f): 9:28am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

One I have lived outside Nigeria for years and I didn't get complacent to marry them...so its not location dear it complacency and lack of knowing what you want
I have also worked in a big bank for years ...maybe a Nigerian quoted bank isn't what you meant and in Lagos for that matter ..so the choice of partner didn't change ....still focus
Now maybe you think that parents are illiterate ..hell no very educated both pops and mumsy so it not upbringing
I think you were either complacent or infatuated then
But I tell u..in marriage love is the least thing to consider ... There are better stuffs like compatibility and cultural synergy..love grows
But wishing u the best....
Hey today is val !
Oga I hope you married from your clan, or better still from the compound next to yours in your village. it would be a shame if you didn't...really. see you championing for a cause that you have no business with. you do not know how long I dated my husband before marriage. you do not know our level of compatibility or lack of it thereof, but you have naively jumped into the conclusion that I was complacent or infatuated. the level of love and welcome I have received from my husband family, I cant even describe, my mother in law calls me to pray for on the phone almost everyday, so again I ask, why do you seat in your little closed world on and conclude on behalf of the millions of inter tribal families. who made you our spokesman? you have travelled the world does not mean you have learnt an iota of what life is all about. your first child is nine does not make you an expert on inter tribal marriages. why don't you focus on your clannish family and allow us the have broader minds to enjoy our uniqueness. I hope you are as passionate in your marriage as you are in your quest to prove that those of us married outside our tribes have less of a marriage than those married within their tribes. its people like you that would stand in the way of your children's happiness because of your tribalistic, bigoted mind set. oga wake up and smell the coffee biko. thank God I don't have someone as close minded as you in my family. I hope you don't do business with other tribes, or let your children go to the same school with them. abi they are only good for association but not for marriage. So people that think like you still exist. Chukwu zuputa kw'anyi n'aka ndi mgbochi uzo. Ekene kwa m gi!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by DeMekus: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Inter-tribal marriage is nonsense, as senseless as this Igbo/Yoruba marriage that is in trend now. I agree with Tonychistopher 100%. What's the need marrying from a tribe where your own tribe is hated? Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
BellaElla:
Oga I hope you married from your clan, or better still from the compound next to yours in your village. it would be a shame if you didn't...really. see you championing for a cause that you have no business with. you do not know how long I dated my husband before marriage. you do not know our level of compatibility or lack of it thereof, but you have naively jumped into the conclusion that I was complacent or infatuated. the level of love and welcome I have received from my husband family, I cant even describe, my mother in law calls me to pray for on the phone almost everyday, so again I ask, why do you seat in your little closed world on and conclude on behalf of the millions of inter tribal families. who made you our spokesman? you have travelled the world does not mean you have learnt an iota of what life is all about. your first child is nine does not make you an expert on inter tribal marriages. why don't you focus on your clannish family and allow us the have broader minds to enjoy our uniqueness. I hope you are as passionate in your marriage as you are in your quest to prove that those of us married outside our tribes have less of a marriage than those married within their tribes. its people like you that would stand in the way of your children's happiness because of your tribalistic, bigoted mind set. oga wake up and smell the coffee biko. thank God I don't have someone as close minded as you in my family. I hope you don't do business with other tribes, or let your children go to the same school with them. abi they are only good for association but not for marriage. So people that think like you still exist. Chukwu zuputa kw'anyi n'aka ndi mgbochi uzo. Ekene kwa m gi!

So long a letter ....what I have said I have said ..
What I have written I have written

Our people said

Ochoro mgbafu siri na aluru ya Anya

Be passionate ..be loving ,be prayerful

But the truth is sacrosanct
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2016
DeMekus:
Inter-tribal marriage is nonsense, as senseless as this Igbo/Yoruba marriage that is in trend now. I agree with Tonychistopher 100%. What's the need marrying from a tribe where your own tribe is hated? Rubbish!

My dear even when isreal was in cannan lord even told them to marry from their Jewish tribe ....

The tendency for inter tribal marriage to breakdown is high ....lets face the fact

90% of people around the world marry from their own
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
You are loosing it

I have found it dearie

How was your val...hope your husband took u out
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tintingz(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

Oga abi madam

Take this or you leave it

The ratio of inter tribal marriage breakup is high ...it might sound harsh but it the fact
Just like that if inter racial

Take this or leave it
Where is the proof @ bolded? undecided

Religion is even more worst than inter-tribal marriage.

A Muslim man can marry a Muslim woman and tribe won't be a problem if they are not from same tribe.

It has always been the most reasonable thing to stick with your type ..not that there won't be erring ones ....there will
Wether type or specie there will always be clashes in marriage most time it is intolerance.

When two set of people tolerate each other there won't be problem in marriages.

Pls for not seeing from your perspective doesn't make someone dimwit ..what is wrong with you guys

Must we see from your view point
When it comes to racism, tribalism, stereotypes I see it as stupidity.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-6wzhEV44G0A/U1_xG74HNHI/AAAAAAAATdM/cUkO0iviLok/s1600/anderson+silva+racism+quotes.jpg[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 9:44am On Feb 15, 2016
tintingz:
Where is the proof @ bolded? undecided

Religion is even more worst than inter-tribal marriage.

A Muslim man can marry a Muslim woman and tribe won't be a problem if they are not from same tribe.

Wether type or specie there will always be clashes in marriage most time it is intolerance.

When two set of people tolerate each other there won't be problem in marriages.

When it comes to tribalism, stereotypes I see it as stupidity.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-6wzhEV44G0A/U1_xG74HNHI/AAAAAAAATdM/cUkO0iviLok/s1600/anderson+silva+racism+quotes.jpg[/img]

Maybe your are in Mars or Jupiter but it African ....marriage isn't about two people tolerating each other ...it about family

It is a unio. Between families

Just like a girl that disobeys the parents and went ahead to marry a boy thinking that love is the major ingredient in marriage ..when the marital crisis cones..who will she run to

I am not saying that inter tribal marriages don't work ...they do but there is very higher tendencies for those marriages to break up

Ask Stella damasus or clarion chukwura abiola

These are few case studies
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by DeMekus: 9:50am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

My dear even when isreal was in cannan lord even told them to marry from their Jewish tribe ....

The tendency for inter tribal marriage to breakdown is high ....lets face the fact

90% of people around the world marry from their own
And there's more advantage marrying from your own tribe, or a tribe with similar culture as yours (like you pointed out earlier). Because you get to relate well with understanding. I can't imagine the degree of hate an Igbo girl married in an Igbo-hating Yoruba community would have to endure. They'd always refer to her as "awon oloshi omo Igbo, omo aje okuta ma mu omi" ... SMH!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 10:24am On Feb 15, 2016
DeMekus:

And there's more advantage marrying from your own tribe, or a tribe with similar culture as yours (like you pointed out earlier). Because you get to relate well with understanding. I can't imagine the degree of hate an Igbo girl married in an Igbo-hating Yoruba community would have to endure. They'd always refer to her as "awon oloshi omo Igbo, omo aje okuta ma mu omi" ... SMH!

That's the fact ...my aunty married an educated Yoruba family ..but if I tell you what she saw..hmmmmm she literally saw hell ..what about my cousin ..what about my coursemate

My dear the stories are all the same ..I have even started druming it in my little girls ears as early as 9 ..I just don't bloody care ...she has to bring my tribes man home . that's is me and I don't owe any body apology

Well by the grace of God she will t be the black sheep of the family

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Probably, I am not so moral person to close my eyes on such conceptions as ethnicity. What do you mean by judging? Of course, society cannot forbid to someone marry (I think), but I suppose, that we are able to have opinions. If it is that you call "judge" - yes, we have rights. Love is great, but there are things which I consider more important than feelings.

If going away of your types and kind favours you...if you want to be the one that will go out if the norm suits you .so be it

I have my conviction
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Onegai(f): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2016
juman:
Inter ethnic marriage success depends on couples involved.

One thing always wondering my mind, how come the countries that have it citizens consists of mainly immigrants are able to excel while we nigerians that are mainly indigenous people cannot build a sensible and reasonable country.

If you want to know Nigeria's problems, read this thread. They cannot fight the people from their tribe robbing them blind and depriving them of basic healthcare, but will attack the neighbour suffering with them in the name of tribal differences. They cannot put their differences aside to look for the greater good. When I say Nigeria's problems will be best solved by some nuclear attacks, people then get angry.

Henceforth, I fully support asking people what tribe they come from before offering help on NL. Your money should not be the only thing acceptable to them.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

I have found it dearie

How was your val...hope your husband took u out
No biggie about val. I'm not married + I was inside my room watching a movie.
How was yours?
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 10:41am On Feb 15, 2016
From what I can read here ...I think tonychristopher is a realist while Bellaella is an idealist
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
No biggie about val. I'm not married + I was inside my room watching a movie.
How was yours?

Oh you were lonely.... It's a pity... Can you pm me....tony Christopher seams to take them to cleaners and he has been taken from what I can read
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
Onegai:

If you want to know Nigeria's problems, read this thread. They cannot fight the people from their tribe robbing them blind and depriving them of basic healthcare, but will attack the neighbour suffering with them in the name of tribal differences. They cannot put their differences aside to look for the greater good. When I say Nigeria's problems will be best solved by some nuclear attacks, people then get angry.

Henceforth, I fully support asking people what tribe they come from before offering help on NL. Your money should not be the only thing acceptable to them.

Oga take that to politics

This is romance and we are soft here ....inter ptribal marriage us cultural not political
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by tonychristopher: 10:44am On Feb 15, 2016
ariesbull:
From what I can read here ...I think tonychristopher is a realist while Bellaella is an idealist

It's not been idealist or realist ...a spade should be a spade and that's what's it should be called
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

It's not been idealist or realist ...a spade should be a spade and that's what's it should be called

Noted
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 15, 2016
ariesbull:

Oh you were lonely.... It's a pity... Can you pm me....tony Christopher seams to take them to cleaners and he has been taken from what I can read
No, thanks. I'm not in for that at the moment.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 10:49am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
No, thanks. I'm not in for that at the moment.

Then buy a didloo or vibratorrs don't do girls ooooo

Try my magic stick... It works wonder ..what tribe are you from anyway
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2016
ariesbull:

Then buy a didloo or vibratorrs don't do girls ooooo

Try my magic stick... It works wonder ..what tribe are you from anyway
Oh
So, from your view, it's about sex undecided
I'm disappointed sad
Last question: does not really matter

3 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by juman(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2016
Onegai:

It was the very long rule of the military that destroyed the country. One nigeria has already failed us.

Ordinary nigerians are wonderful people.

But free and fair election will compel people to work together and it will promotes unity, love and togetherness where our difference will be celebrated but not be barrier among us.

Any useless "leaders" would be voted out.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You by ariesbull: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
Oh
So, from your view, it's about sex undecided
I'm disappointed sad
Last question: does not really matter

Honey you shouldn't be disappointed... Relationship is hinged on compatibility and sexual compatibility is the number one lets not pretend

As of tribe . it matters alot ..me I am igbo and I am not ready to marry a woman, that will be bringing this aso oke today, aso ebi tomorrow , party today ,owambe tomorrow or when we have a simultaneous organsm we do one party,when we have good kids we do another party ..I do not want these broda mi, uncle mi, ore mi

I want just u and u

So all matters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Nursery Rhymes And Children's Songs / Who Will You Take Sides With, Me Or My Wife? / The Highest Level Of Irresponsibilty As An Adult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.