Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,492 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? (1885 Views)

Quote A Friend On Nairaland And Wish Them Happpy Sallah In Advance / 18 Nigerians Who Need To Face Their Work / Pls Help Us The New One's Here Out, Who Are The MODS?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2016
So I've been trying to "Ride along" the. Whole Mods thing,but ave been curious to know more about These Almighty Mods,...I know Part of their Job is to Push 'FrontPage Worthy' Topics to Front page,but I know there's a lot more to tat,I,ve read some where tat they can Ban yhu or delete yhur topics. sad
So far the only Mod I know is Lalasticlala because I always see it at the bottom of some topics so I copy it too......

How Many Mods Do we Have,What are their Names, How do we Identify them,And most importantly How do I avoid their wahala....grin

**I have ash on my forehead and people are giving me Weird looks....odd**

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by iykmora(m): 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Funny...them paint ur entire face with d ash? tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Don't bother. Carry on your daily life as a regular poster here. If you put moderator issue for head you go enter market. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 10, 2016
iykmora:
Funny...them paint ur entire face with d ash? tongue
No o,Just sign of cross grin
Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2016
charix:
Don't bother. Carry on your daily life as a regular poster here. If you put moderator issue for head you go enter market. A word is enough for the wise.
ts nt like tat..just curious
Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2016
slyIsaac:

ts nt like tat..just curious
Ok. Mods are responsible for closing threads, deleting posts, editing posts and banning members. They also reword thread titles before posting them to frontpage, oftentimes naming them wrongly.

To know moderators of a section just go to the section and you'd see the moderator names listed on the top of the pages. Many moderators are non-existent because they spend all their online time trolling the romance section as opposed to working. I suspect that's the case with the health section because that place is a home for spam threads.

Viewing a normal thread its hard to differentiate moderators from regular posters because we(everybody) appear the same. Somebody(not mentioning names) enjoys being the only recognizable name on this forum and ensures it remains so.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2016
charix:

Ok. Mods are responsible for closing threads, deleting posts, editing posts and closing threads. They also reword thread titles before posting them to frontpage, oftentimes naming them wrongly.

To know moderators of a section just go to the section and you'd see the moderator names listed on the top of the pages. Many moderators are non-existent because they spend all their online time trolling the romance section as opposed to working. I suspect that's the case with the health section because that place is a home for spam threads.

Viewing a normal thread its hard to differentiate moderators from regular posters because we(everybody) appear the same. Somebody(not mentioning names) enjoys being the only recognizable name on this forum and ensures it remains so.
Lol.....Thnks for the info tho...I'll be sure to look out for them....wink
Re: Who Are The Mods on Nairaland? And What's Their Work? by Sphilip1(m): 10:34am On Aug 20, 2016
charix:

Ok. Mods are responsible for closing threads, deleting posts, editing posts and closing threads. They also reword thread titles before posting them to frontpage, oftentimes naming them wrongly.

You just enlightened me! Thanks

(1) (Reply)

. / Coming Soon Naijabitcoins "The Easiest Way To Buy Bitcoins In Nigeria" / EXPOSED! Fani-kayode Reveals Buhari’s Hatred For Igbos, Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.