Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Pap For Babies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pap For Babies (39463 Views)

Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / Yummy & Nutritous.Soyabeans, Gnut And Crayfish For Babies and Toddlers / Hilarious Photos Of What Could Happen When You Let Dad Care For Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pap For Babies by Reeta09: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good day Moms in the house

Please i'll like to introduce millet pap mixed with a little white corn to prepare pap for my baby since he took guinea corn n they was little or no difference in his weight.

I read millet is packed with nutrients and healthy fat but too much consumption can cause goitre. I'll like to know if anyone has used only millet or made pap that millet had d greater part of the pap and for how long did the person use it (what month to what month) and was it really good in terms of adding weight or was there any side effect.

Note: baby rejects food but tolerates pap n cerelac to an extent. Tnx as a await ur response.
Re: Pap For Babies by surestakes: 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
I am here to learn

Tired of losing money to bookies? To get sure sport bet picks, visit the link in our signature!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pap For Babies by Tovot: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
Have you tried adding soya beans, to the millet? Soya beans is very rich, and it helped my sister's baby to add weight. Shalom.
Re: Pap For Babies by Reeta09: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tried soya beans but he can't stand d taste. Even if it's very little, he'll detect it and that's all for the pap that minute.
Re: Pap For Babies by ancashy(f): 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
pap,millet or corn,(I suggest u continue with the one the child tolerates ) just try to make it more nutritious by adding soya (I used to use the processed one bought from supermarkets) and grounded dry cray fish properly mixed and boiled on fire.
my baby refused baby food and took this for more than a year then I started mixing with other cereals. was advised by a matron at the hospital,it works so welll and highly nutricious if ur baby tolerates it cos some baby's do not take well to soya .

1 Like

Re: Pap For Babies by ancashy(f): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
pap,millet or corn,(I suggest u continue with the one the child tolerates ) just try to make it more nutritious by adding soya (I used to use the processed one bought from supermarkets) and grounded dry cray fish properly mixed and boiled on fire.
my baby refused baby food and took this for more than a year then I started mixing with other cereals. was advised by a matron at the hospital,it works so well and highly nutritious if ur baby tolerates it cos some baby's do not take well to soya .
Re: Pap For Babies by Digital(f): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Am giving my 8 months old baby pap(millet, guinea and corn) wit soya, crayfish, groundnut and bonga fish powder mixed together. I made them all mysef

Oh dear u need to see how roboust, fresh and healthy she s looking. Am tempted to share her pix but no.

Am thinking of packahibg this stuff and sell. Its so good in my baby

3 Likes

Re: Pap For Babies by Reeta09: 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tnx for the response so far. But my question hasn't been answered. Did u or have u seen babies fed with only millet pap? If yes how long was d child fed with it, was it good or not in terms of weight or dis it have any adverse effect.

I prepared the soya stuff myself o with all d orishirishi, bobo no take am o. Only formula sef na fight most times.
Re: Pap For Babies by PresVA: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ask them here, you'll get many answers. ..
https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pap For Babies by MARKone(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Reeta09:
Tnx for the response so far. But my question hasn't been answered. Did u or have u seen babies fed with only millet pap? If yes how long was d child fed with it, was it good or not in terms of weight or dis it have any adverse effect.

I prepared the soya stuff myself o with all d orishirishi, bobo no take am o. Only formula sef na fight most times.

Millet pap is good, but let the white or yellow corn be more than the Millet you intend using, e.g 2 cups of yellow corn to one cup of Millet. Prepare your soya powder properly like @Digital's soy and crayfish, me I don't know of groundnut and bonga fish, and be adding small quantity to the Millet pap when feeding your baby. My kids were feed with the Millet pap and soy, after their mother weaned them from sucking bobbi, they preferred it to cerelac, which I always end up eating. They turned out good till they started eating solids.

2 Likes

Re: Pap For Babies by Reeta09: 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tnx @ Markone
Re: Pap For Babies by Digital(f): 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Reeta09:

Am feeding my 8 months with it and my 3 years is also taking Saturday morning and I intend to feed both till 10 year or when ever. My baby's weight is great. Fat and fresh
Re: Pap For Babies by diportivo: 8:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
Millet.....pap....soya...

I wld like to be enlightened on how these things are prepared

Btw,do u mothers feed ur babies fruits at all?
Re: Pap For Babies by Digital(f): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
‎We produce and sell PRUDENCE baby food. , it's a mixture of Soyabeans, Crayfish and Groundnut, for babies and toddlers.

If you are not happy with the weight of your baby or just simply want your child to be nourished, then PRUDENCE powder is what you need.
‎It contain all essential nutrient...mineral, vitamins and omega-3 fats, all good for a growing child

Add to pap, and other cereals and feed to your babies and toddlers, they will love you for it.
We deliver anywhere in the country. We sell for people that wants to buy in Bulk also.

You can reach us on: Phone no/watsapp: 08057586894, 
bb pin: 7B44B6F8
Email: prudencefoods@gmail.com

Hurry up and place your orders now
Location is Warri, Delta state

It's Yummy, delicious and nutritious
Re: Pap For Babies by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
Whatever concoction you decide to feed your baby, be very careful.

There are lots of ingredients / food combinations that WILL make a baby put on weight. However, not all these foods are good for babies. In the same way certain concoctions can result in robust or even fat adults, prudence is advised. A round, plump baby is NOT necessarily healthy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pap For Babies by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 09, 2016
I have a toddler that feeds mainly on Guinea corn pap and just two brands of cerelac. He just slightly started accepting other foods. He started the pap at 6months because he was exclusively breastfed. He's now 2yrs 3months old.

From my experience, I don't think pap has any side effects.

About weight, it could be hereditary, u know?

2 Likes

Re: Pap For Babies by Onegai(f): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
diportivo:

Yep, fruits are great and nutritious. Just stay away from acidic ones for the 1st year of baby's life. We do fruits.

Pap is a miss for us. She had refused and cried through all versions of it I've tried so far (corn, guinea corn soya crayfish formula etc).
Re: Pap For Babies by toxxnoni(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2020
Are you still in business
Digital:
‎We produce and sell PRUDENCE baby food. , it's a mixture of Soyabeans, Crayfish and Groundnut, for babies and toddlers.

If you are not happy with the weight of your baby or just simply want your child to be nourished, then PRUDENCE powder is what you need.
‎It contain all essential nutrient...mineral, vitamins and omega-3 fats, all good for a growing child

Add to pap, and other cereals and feed to your babies and toddlers, they will love you for it.
We deliver anywhere in the country. We sell for people that wants to buy in Bulk also.

You can reach us on: Phone no/watsapp: 08057586894, 
bb pin: 7B44B6F8
Email: prudencefoods@gmail.com

Hurry up and place your orders now
Location is Warri, Delta state

It's Yummy, delicious and nutritious
Re: Pap For Babies by Alennsar(f): 5:59pm On May 08, 2020
Reeta09:

For me i normally make my kids pap with only millet but for my first daughter i added soya beans et all and she takes it but my second child takes only the millet pap with milk and sugar.
He react to the soya beans and yes i gave them from 7months to 2 years religiously.
Even now I'm still giving them and they're now 6 years and 4 years respectively

1 Like

Re: Pap For Babies by HRSupport: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
diportivo:

Here's how to make pap for babies. The article covers everything from the Ingredients you need to steps on how to prepare the raw pap, and how to prepare it before serving.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / My Kids Nanny Is Leaving - Urgent Advise / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.