Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters (34236 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Dino Melaye's 2nd Semester Result With Carry Over At ABU Zaria By Sahara Reporte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by ogmaskman: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
Lol. Ur obviously a zombie. You better stop getting carried away by media hype young man. Until the common man begins to feel the positive impact of the govt in concrete and real terms, there's absolutely nothing to be happy about for this country. angry

Can't you just pass your msg without insulting me. You are too naive to engage in a useful discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
ogmaskman:

The characters in question are public figures. Nothing about them should be hidden Realy. That's what the law says.

I think that does it then. But what if the parties involved sues for damages; invasion of privacy? It's different presenting this as an evidence in court and baring it all to incite the public negatively against them because it's just records and nothing concrete.

But thanks for putting me aright.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
cosmicrayboi:
that is leadership by example, law of journalism requires true transparency, and that is absolutely what they are doing..

belike sarahareporters
belike benbruce

Be Like Ben Bruce, I can live with. But Sahara Reporters have built a reputation as a desperate media body. I take their news with a pinch of salt because they really spin tales at will. And there's a big question mark hanging over their professionalism.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
ogmaskman:

Can't you just pass your msg without insulting me. You are too naive to engage in a useful discussion.
Zombie is a pseudo name for brainless supporters of APC who always see their buhari as a god who can do no wrong. It is in no way an insult but an apt nomenclature for such political greenhorns.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
dammytosh:

You are really a wailing wailer according to ur foot note.
You have wailed ur reasoning away.
So that is the summary of the post
Chai

Thank you, Gentleman.
You have been noticed.
I hope that boosts your account balance?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by linearity: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Futbolpredikts:
.... But how do sahara reporters get their info?
Why can't the FG have such Intel..

I think Goodluck Jonathan should be blamed for this

There are many ordinary Nigerians who are honest and want to report ill in the society but for fear of their lives, jobs and those of their friends and relatives.

All they need is someone that can truly protect their privacy, the problem almost all the media in Nigeria cannot afford that level of privacy and not because they choose to but some start off by protecting their informant but affect a few intimidation or shack down by the high and powerful things will start leaking out.

Sahara Report have a unique advantage in that, they are off shore and beyond the grips of the high and might in Nigeria, making it easy for whistle blowers to trust them that their identity will not be revealed.

All these big men do not go hide in the closet to make these calls, they believe they are untouchable and can even make such calls in the present of a secretary, houseboy, driver, etc who then tells someone that tells someone...getting the call detail report is a piece of cake, get one techy savvy guy working in any of these tech companies who even hates these people got or pay someone to do it or even clone their SIM card and you will get everything you need.

I can just imagine what will happen to the owner of Sahara Report if he mistakenly visits Nigeria without disguise, there will be a unanimous lynching by the high and might.

5 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
hoodboy:
Enlighten me, is it a crime for them to have conversations over the phone, it's not lime we are privy to the content of their discussions to pass a judgement solely based on record of calls
It is not a crime. It is however curious that no previous conversation existed between them before the case.

Also, it is unethical for a lawyer and a judge to speak before a case.

You PDP/GEJ fans won't actually say the truth for once. Can't believe you came up with that epic nonsense as a defense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:
Is this right? Publishing people's private details in public? Sahara Reporters are overdoing it really. This is something that should have gone through the proper channels, but is being made public for all and sundry.
Nigeria has no privacy laws. Do you think Saraharareports would not have done their legal investigation before releasing it?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
obailala:
Choiii... Privacy has gone to the dogs. shocked shocked shocked

No big deal

Saharareporters are good.

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
I give up on you!
Answer the question. Did the EFCC bark not to talk of arresting a SAN during le shoeless' maladminstration?

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
To all zombies pls this is not good news in any way. It has no effect on the common man nor does it reduce the growing inflation or dollar exchange rate. Efcc can go to hell. They are even more corrupt than the 3 arms of govt. Rubbish angry
You are too dull to know the effect this has on the common man. It means others will be careful knowing full well that Saharareporters and premium times are watching.

Ever wonder why there was a report recently claiming the government ( I am sure you must have loved this, as it is never about your love for the country but rather your hatred for a certain political party and group of people ) is worried about how classified information gets to the press.

3 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by oz4real83(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
If my babe farts and I'm n't there,saharareporters and premium times will know the details, the "sound,intensity,severity,toxicity level,destructive level,smell and every other thing about the fart. They are simply too much!!!

2 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
Answer the question. Did the EFCC bark not to talk of arresting a SAN during le shoeless' maladminstration?
If u noticed the guy has shut up. Ur another z.ombie gone rabid so go on and behave like one. Cheers.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

Be Like Ben Bruce, I can live with. But Sahara Reporters have built a reputation as a desperate media body. I take their news with a pinch of salt because they really spin tales at will. And there's a big question mark hanging over their professionalism.
The question mark placed on them by people with their own interest you mean?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
You are too dull to know the effect this has on the common man. It means others will be careful knowing full well that Saharareporters and premium times are watching.

Ever wonder why there was a report recently claiming the government ( I am sure you must have loved this, as it is never about your love for the country but rather your hatred for a certain political party and group of people ) is worried about how classified information gets to the press.
*yawns* Tell me another story zombie.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
If u noticed the guy has shut up. Ur another z.ombie gone rabid so go on and behave like one. Cheers.
You still have not answered the question. Too dumb to put up a good fact base argument?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by onatisi(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
Now u can u lost ur number from truecaller
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
You still have not answered the question. Too dumb to put up a good fact base argument?
Argument? Who has ur time... U have been noticed ok? NP Zombie by cranberries...
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by doctokwus: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
linearity:

I can just imagine what will happen to the owner of Sahara Report if he mistakenly visits Nigeria without disguise, there will be a unanimous lynching by the high and might.
He is a regular visitor to Nigeria and his itinerary is not secret.Apart from naturally being fearless,i think he is emboldened by the accuracy of his reports and a sort of American citizenship or permanent residency.
So whichever way u go after him,he is protected,morally,legally and even "physically".
Sowore has "odeshe" and is honestly a gift to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
Nigeria has no privacy laws. Do you think Saraharareports would not have done their legal investigation before releasing it?

My research confirms that they do. Particularly, note these:

LAWS REGULATING MEDIA PRACTICE IN NIGERIA

The basic law of privacy invasion has been simply stated below: -
(c). Publicity which places private aspects of an individual in a false light ihe public eye creates a cause of action for invasion of privacy somewhat analogous to libel.

(d). Where statements or depictions are humiliating but true (thereby precluding a libel suit) an actionable invasion of privacy may nevertheless be involved where the facts are entered .private (that is, not part of the public record or visible t public scrutiny) and if made public, would outrage the community's notions of decency.

Based from the above basic laws of privacy, a person's privacy can be invaded when one of the following offences is committed by journalists:

(ii). Offence of Placement in False Light: - This is when you attribute to someone else the views, which he does not hold.

(iv) Offence of Public Disclosure: - Bad publicity, given to the life of someone even though you have fact which is true, is an invasion of privacy. It is said that truth has no defence in this case

II) LAWS OF DEFAMATION
Defamation can be defined as the transmission to a third party, either orally or written, of information which tends to damage the reputation of another person. It is the publication of a statement, which exposes a person to hatred, ridicule contempt and/or causes him to be shunned or avoided by right-thinking members of the society.

I guess it's just not being acknowledged.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Justiyke4u: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
It is now obvious and official that many people have sacrificed their sense of judgment at the alter sentiment
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Pennywise(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
In the fight against corruption, the judiciary again and again has proven to be at best a weak partner, at worst an offender.

Nigeria's Chief Justice is too weak, too old and too incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

I guess it's just not being acknowledged.
Thanks for educating me mate. But as you rightly noted, such laws aren't enforced in Nigeria. Coupled with the fact that Saharareporters operate from offshore.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
truthspeaks:
Sahara Reporters, una too much. See investigative journalism. BT dis true caller tin de open yansh oo. Tnk God I dnt hv it installed
Even if you don't have it installed, a friend who does might have uploaded your contact already. There's a way to delete the info though. Your number would still be traceable, but it won't lead to you.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Iroh88(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:
Is this right? Publishing people's private details in public? Sahara Reporters are overdoing it really. This is something that should have gone through the proper channels, but is being made public for all and sundry.
Your siggy says "I am a Wailer". What more can one expect of an Ekpa?? cheesy
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by tomdon(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Time to uninstall that true caller App.That thing doesn't have privacy

the full details of even someone who has never heard of true caller app is present on the app
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Iroh88:
Your siggy says "I am a Wailer". What more can one expect of an Ekpa?? cheesy

But this wailer has more brains than you do. A right thinking person would have researched. A right thinking person, that is. grin
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by asumo12: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
what if eaten?

angry angry angry

Elosky20:
Return our yams, either
roasted
boiled
fried or
cooked
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Elosky20:
Return our yams, either roasted boiled fried or cooked
OR
Pounded
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Crieff(m): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Guys, the EagleEye AI is here amongst us!
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by carinmom(f): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Chai!!

Sahara reporters toh badt gan grin

These guys are good.

They are neither APC or PDP

But Pro Nigeria.
That is what i like most about those guys, they are always neutral.

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Iroh88(m): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

But this wailer has more brains than you do. A right thinking person would have researched. A right thinking person, that is. grin
I agree with all you've said 1000%. You parents must be very proud of how brainy you are. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omojuwa Under Fire For Praising Tinubu Over What He Condemned Jonathan For / Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / Ruga: How Buhari Left Governor Lalong In Public Disgrace – Hon. Kaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.