Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters (34238 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Dino Melaye's 2nd Semester Result With Carry Over At ABU Zaria By Sahara Reporte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
Thanks for educating me mate. But as you rightly noted, such laws aren't enforced in Nigeria. Coupled with the fact that Saharareporters operate from offshore.

And also, that the people involved are public figures. But I wouldn't know if it justifies releasing their addresses and phone numbers to the public or deducing that their calls were evil without evidence.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Reference(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
I can't see anything in this. There has to be more evidence as to wrong doing. That judges don't receive and make calls to lawyers, prosecutors, government....is unbelievable.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Iroh88:
I agree with all you've said 1000%. You parents must be very proud of how brainy you are. grin

Oh, I wouldn't know. But for the right cash, or investment if you will, Sahara Reporters can extend their 'investigative journalism' to fish out their phone numbers for you to ask them.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by danidee10(m): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Millz404:
If Sahara reporters accuse u... U beta keep calm.... Or they come out and disgrace ur generation.... Its deir hobby

I swear I dey fear those guys, the.way they get information ehnnn it's scary
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Reference:
I can't see anything in this. There has to be more evidence as to wrong doing. That judges don't receive and make calls to lawyers, prosecutors, government....is unbelievable.

Exactly. There has to be more. It's just puzzling that despite Sahara Reporters' famous reputation for peddling frivolous news, people still believe them hook, line and sinker. All they've got are call records, which they exposed senselessly, same way they exposed a top figure's passport last year, and they began to assume and concoct stories.
On the other hand, judges and lawyers maintain communication for a host of reasons, either in person or online, even if they're on a case. Sometimes, such meetings can be to discuss settlement, evidence and readiness for the trials. It happens. Why people are outraged over calls, I don't know.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by FemiFaniKayode: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
i called the Ricky Tarfa and rained Curses on him and his generation he was just quiet and ended the call grin grin grin grin

We need Goodluck Jonathan, Metuh and Dasuki own i beg i go dey call am every morning to give am early morning curse grin grin
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by bodyloveghetto(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
I know some NLs go call those number... just know those re now EFCC numb...

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Olamipapa(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
jinha:
now the NBA should keep quiet...

so i actually make FTC, will like to thank olamipapa and shadow for the inspiration, nothing else...

Yea! more speed to your internet connection, so that you can make more of FTC.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 4Tees: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
LocalChamp:
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK FEB 09, 2016
SaharaReporters has obtained phone records belonging to Ricky Tarfa, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, which shows consistent phone calls to one Justice Mohammed Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Lagos. These phone records were obtained by SaharaReporters just as a legal showdown between Mr. Tarfa and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is underway following his arrest by EFCC agents.

The phone records show a series of no less than nine calls between Mr. Yunusa and Mr. Tarfa’s GSM numbers, 08095666256 and 08034600000 respectively. Those numbers, when searched in the True Caller app, clearly show they belong to individuals matching their names.

SaharaReporters previously reported that Mr. Tarfa was arrested by the EFCC for obstruction of justice when he shielded anti-corruption police from arresting his client Granhoue Sourou Nazaire.

Now ..... this is what I call investigative journalism!!! Where are all these Nigerian news media!! Pse wake up as SR blaze the trails. Thumps up to SR a million times. Now the rampaging so called SANs that claim to be more knowledgeable can now see and learn. Hope they shut their thrash.
Mr. Nazaire had been Mr. Tarfa’s client since around May 2015 when he instituted a legal suit against Mrs. Rachidatou Abdou over ownership and control of a company of which they were both the directors.

However, a letter to the Commissioner of Police authored by Mrs. Abdou on September 7th, 2015 stated that she believed that Mr. Tarfa was colluding with the judge overseeing that case, Justice Mohammed Yunusa.

The letter from Mrs. Abdou states “before and after the filing of the suit the Applicant’s lawyer, Mr. Ricky Tarfa SAN, and the judge, the Honorable Justice Yunusa were communicating with each other on the phone in order to pervert the course of justice.”

The phone records obtained by SaharaReporters shows consistent communication between Mr. Tarfa and Judge Yunusa’s Blackberry phone between May 11th, 2015 and August 3rd, 2015.

A review of the phone records available to our correspondent shows that Mr. Tarfa, and Yunusa spoke on three separate instances on May 11th, 2015, or four days before lawsuits were instituted against Mrs. Abdou.

There was also one phone conversation between Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa three days before the May 15th filing of the lawsuit. On May 16th a day after the May 15th filing, there were three separate phone transactions between the two men.

According to the phone records, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa spoke at least once on June 25th, 2015 more than one month after legal charges were officially instituted on behalf of Tarfa’s client Mr. Nazaire. This phone transaction was also four days before Mr. Tarfa “made an oral application for an injunction to restrain the EFCC from inviting” his clients to be questioned about fraud allegations against him from Mrs. Abdou.

According to legal statements and media reports oral arguments on the Nazaire-Abdou case began on July 16th of that same year. Despite this, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa had a phone conversation on August 3rd, 2015 in violation of conduct of legal professionals.

The judge then ruled for Mr. Tarfa’s client on August 18th, following no less than nine separate phone transactions between the two men.

Mrs. Abdou also submitted a complaint to the National Judicial Council (NJC) identifying the corrupt and fraudulent dealing between Mr. Tarfa and Mr. Yunusa on November 11th, 2015. In the complaint, Mrs. Abdou detailed the cases assigned to Mr. Yunusa in the Federal Court and that there were records of phone calls and SMS messages between him and Mr. Tarfa.

In response to her complaint, the Chief Justice of Nigeria Mahmud Mohammed sent a memo to Mr. Yunusa for his misconduct. The memo was sent through the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, demanding an explanation to Mrs. Abdou’s allegations against him. Mr. Yunusa was given two weeks to respond to the allegations.

SaharaReporters has not ascertained what Mr. Yunusa’s response to the Chief Justice was, however, our correspondent has since learned that Mr. Yunusa was moved from the High Court in Lagos to the Federal High Court in Yobe State.

Meanwhile, Tarfa has been slammed with two counts of obstruction of justice by the EFCC at a Lagos High Court.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/09/phone-records-shows-how-lawyer-ricky-tarfa-and-justice-mohammed-yunusa-repeatedly-spoke
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by OlujobaSamuel: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

My research confirms that they do. Particularly, note these:

I guess it's just not being acknowledged.
imo, even if the law is enforced, am not so sure criminal offense are included, only civil wrong can be covered.
probably, you are privy to a plan to rob, carry out terror act, assassinate, subvert justice, etc, can't be class as private issues when committed.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

And also, that the people involved are public figures. But I wouldn't know if it justifies releasing their addresses and phone numbers to the public or deducing that their calls were evil without evidence.
It could be that saharareporters have more damning evidence and have released the little in a bid to see if Ricky Tarfa will be foolish enough to sue them.

Something like begging for a fight.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:

Exactly. There has to be more. It's just puzzling that despite Sahara Reporters' famous reputation for peddling frivolous news, people still believe them hook, line and sinker. All they've got are call records, which they exposed senselessly, same way they exposed a top figure's passport last year, and they began to assume and concoct stories.
On the other hand, judges and lawyers maintain communication for a host of reasons, either in person or online, even if they're on a case. Sometimes, such meetings can be to discuss settlement, evidence and readiness for the trials. It happens. Why people are outraged over calls, I don't know.

**** What exactly is a 'top figure'? And does common sense not tell you that lawyers for both parties to a dispute have to be present at any communication with the judge? I mean, even without a legal background, the rules of fairplay are universal, everyone can understand them. Unless you're a member of Nigeria's thieving political class though.

4 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Firefire(m): 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:
Where is firefire to come earn his 2k pay per post allowee.

Ta le le yi ?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

imo, even if the law is enforced, am not so sure criminal offense are included, only civil wrong can be covered.
probably, you are privy to a plan to rob, carry out terror act, assassinate, subvert justice, etc, can't be class as private issues when committed.
Yes. And that has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt. Right now, there isn't any concrete evidence.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by amiskurie(m): 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Time to uninstall that true caller App.That thing doesn't have privacy
U dont mean those suspects installed it on there phone....

It doesn't matter!
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
It could be that saharareporters have more damning evidence and have released the little in a bid to see if Ricky Tarfa will be foolish enough to sue them.

Something like begging for a fight.
Genius then. But I doubt. They usually blow all out when they have facts.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
Argument? Who has ur time... U have been noticed ok? NP Zombie by cranberries...
Too dumb I know.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DesChyko: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
ziddy:

****. What exactly is a 'top figure'? And does common sense not tell you that lawyers for both parties to a dispute have to be present at any communication with the judge? I mean, even without a legal background, the rules of fairplay are universal, everyone can understand them. Unless you're a member of Nigeria's thieving political class though.
I'm supposed to define a top figure for you?
So you really believe both sides to a dispute are ALWAYS available before a judge can communicate with either? Sell these goods to someone else.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
I'm too dumb I know.
tongue
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Udopasa: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
chukwudi44:

Lolz what do you think are Sahara reporters sources?
Nwanne, Common sense will readily deduce pple in and outside of govt. But, do u think any govt will be comfortaable with official info leaks and is doing nothing to identify those involved and do u think it's easy divulging this info undetected and saharareporters being able to effectively mask the identity of these classified info merchants for such a long period of time? Bro, saharareporters deserve the respect considering our clime. Udo diri gi

2 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by zikrolly: 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
Oh no! What a mess Rickey!
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
tongue
Haha. Jobless. You had to change what I said. You need a job. You will get one with Buhari in charge no worry.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
Haha. Jobless. You had to change what I said. You need a job. You will get one with Buhari in charge no worry.
Lol. If only you knew. I can actually help u and a lot of ur family members, even ur dad, get a job and a good one at that. Are u employed? If you aren't, just beg for my email addy and beg nicely and maybe, just maybe I'll forgive your litany of stupid.ities so far. cheesy
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by arresa: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing action

But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

Wike and Supreme Court Judges is now loading grin

Trust me, SR is on the case.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by bizgai(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
After believing In God, I think Sahara Reporter's do next

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
Lol. If only you knew. I can actually help u and a lot of ur family members, even ur dad, get a job and a good one at that. Are u employed? If you aren't, just beg for my email addy and beg nicely and maybe, just maybe I'll forgive your litany of stupid.ities so far. cheesy
the same chest beating we know you guys for.

I can employ you. And thats no chest beating unlike you.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by AdeniyiA(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
9jatriot:
Just wen u want to give up on NIgeria then remember who your president is, you become hopeful again and say thank God for coming to our rescue, we really would have gone to the brinks according to cramjones prediction if the status quo was allowed to continue unabated.
my brotherrr....
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by olayinkaj2(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
When Buhari said judiciary are part of his headache in fighting corruption, some e-goat called him names..Now we can see.

3 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Atlantian: 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
People have rights to call anyone. The call interchange record that Sahara purportedly has, can not prove the voice content of those calls. There is no call recording showing what the discussion was.

Infact, if I was to buy a new sim card now and download truecaller and register the name Dangote with it, when people search my number on the truecaller database, it will show Dangote. Sahara Reporters can fool the majority of illiterate Nigerians, but you cant fool the few literate ones.

Someone who doesnt have truecaller on the phone should download it now and use the name Tarfa to register it, in 24hrs he should ask someone with truecaller to call or search the number, Tarfa will appear.

Goats shall be goats.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by kayusely: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Irore:

Smart woman. The name doesn't look Nigerian. A whole SAN and Judge. Corruption in Nigeria. Transfer of the judge to Yobe state is not enough, he should be brought to book.
She is a Beninoise
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by seangy4konji: 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
all of una weh put true caller for phone u see say u just deh open una yansh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi / Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.