Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 PM

EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (35055 Views)

LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by swefty: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
With bare hands? This is just one of the shortcuts we engage in instead of doing the right thing. Too bad.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by ESSOHEngineers: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
If this is true then something is wrong with the safety culture of the organisation they work for.

It is not news anyway that almost all organisations in Nigeria have very bad safety culture and lack proper implementable and robust HSE-management systems.

Photos show they were not fully kitted with PPEs.

Bad communication for Isolation of Power Source.

Poor behavioral safety on the part of the second individual who tried to rescue his colleague. His decision was wrong.

Any Electrical Engineer who rushes to save his friend in such a manner must have not been properly trained. Or was trained a long time ago with no refresher. No doubt at times we act on impulse.

Confined Space and Electrical Risks are one of the hazardous conditions which require tact for rescue.

It is not advisable to rush to rescue anyone in these two situations without considering the possible risks to you the rescuer.

2 Likes

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by surestakes: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
So, the "saviour" didn't realize he needed to cut the power first before going on his rescue mission? undecided
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by wayitis: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Me think the story is false. which EDC is it? one cannot be electrocuted on HV line and remain intact. no one can ever come to evacuate a dead man at the risk of loosing his own.

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by chrisxxx(m): 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
As an engineer very much knowledgeable in this field-electrical I doubt the authenticity of this report. First that is a high tension line and no engineer works on it without asking for isolation. Even when isolated trained engineers bridge the phases in case one mad operator energizes the circuit. Lastly power engineers have contact number to call control room if situation like this occurs for isolation and are trained never to attempt rescue with bare hands.
This can only happen if the guys were quack.

2 Likes

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by frfrank(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
where did this happened.. RIPs
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Bgorgeous: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
I pray for their families
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by zed7: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Is this true? Yet someone is still holding on to a metal ladder in the last pics. I don't trust bloggers.

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by eightsin(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
FALSE STORY
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Fesido(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
11kv line
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Originalsly: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmm.....am I suppose to believe these are photos of two men electrocuted on high voltage lines?

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by onadana: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
They don't look dead..looks like two dudes working to me.

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Chrisx1x(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Why are there no details about this incident?no date,no place,just nothing but pictures.

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by notoriousbabe: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
the second man was a fooooooool. Why will you climb electric pole that had already electrocuted your colleague?
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by henrybomb(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Phillfree(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
That HT for Christ sake, were they working on high tension without calling for outage? May they rest in peace.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by snadguy007(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
notoriousbabe:
the second man was a fooooooool. Why will you climb electric pole that had already electrocuted your colleague?
He's not a fool, you have no idea what happened. They are ikeja electric staffs and not EDC as been reported. It happened at isolo area this afternoon

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
UnknownT:
That's 11Kva line. RIP guys

If the story seems true , I know it is standard to seek for an outage especially when working on lines transporting more than 415v . for God sake 11kv is more than enough voltage for someone to work on without taken an outage .

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
This guys and safety.RIP
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by absoluteSuccess: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Timileyin008:
Rip awon eyan da grin

No matter how sober you want to feel, some folks will still stir you to laughing.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
chrisxxx:
As an engineer very much knowledgeable in this field-electrical I doubt the authenticity of this report. First that is a high tension line and no engineer works on it without asking for isolation. Even when isolated trained engineers bridge the phases in case one mad operator energizes the circuit. Lastly power engineers have contact number to call control room if situation like this occurs for isolation and are trained never to attempt rescue with bare hands.
This can only happen if the guys were quack.

You did have a knowledge about it . from the look of things and the presence of j and p fuse , that's a 11kv that went directly to a transformer . I doubt if they would not seek for an outage prior before working on that line.

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by snadguy007(m): 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Electronzeez:

If the story seems true , I know it is standard to seek for an outage especially when working on lines transporting more than 415v . for God sake 11kv is more than enough voltage for someone to work on without taken an outage .

They collected outage on one feeder on which they wanted to work not knowing that there is a bridge from the second feeder which there was no outage

1 Like

Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by DualCore1: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
My first impression of the 3 pictures tells me it looks more like those two engineers are alive and working on that pole (maintenance/repair) and a 3rd guy is holding the ladder.

Questions to think about:
Why hasnt anyone confirmed this story?
How will a trained engr go up that ladder without PPE and expect to bring the other guy down?
Why will that 3rd guy holding the ladder still have courage to be holding that ladder when the two men up don die?

"Epic" LIB story
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by chrisxxx(m): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Electronzeez:

You did have a knowledge about it . from the look of things and the presence of j and p fuse , that's a 11kv that went directly to a transformer . I doubt if they would not seek for an outage prior before working on that line.
I have no doubt in my mind that you are not only an engineer but an electrical engineer.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
snadguy007:
They collected outage on one feeder on which they wanted to work not knowing that there is a bridge from the second feeder which there was no outage

Very sad it happens , we can only analyse and assume how and what really cause this.

Ian
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by chrisxxx(m): 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
snadguy007:
Bros u r complicating issues. It is a 3-phase circuit. U can never ask for a single phase isolation.
Single phase isolation will cause humming of transformer.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Timileyin008: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Speak English please
absoluteSuccess:

No matter how sober you want to feel, some folks will still stir you to laughing.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
chrisxxx:

I have no doubt in my mind that you are not only an engineer but an electrical engineer.

You actually knew this because of my cognomen . thanks for the recognition cool.

I can tell you have also work with 'NEPA' either as a siwes or IT student from your analysis.
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Coolgent(m): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
demarc001:
RIP. But this story get as e be o! No date, no place of incident (I even visited the source expecting to see more details. Its like Linda just got a random pix of two men working and attach a story to it. Is wa oo!
You are right Bro.
Just take a look at the person holding the ladder without any sign of panic
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
From the picture,something went terribly wrong...it seems they were working on the HT not LT,and from what i know,you DON'T work on HT while the power is on!!I'll say again:You DON'T work on HT while the power is on!!!...It might be that someone knew they were going to watch on HT and intentionally switched it on...All the same,it's a sad story,RIP!
Re: EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) by Jacko1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
No safety culture at all... These are peoples fathers.. Husbands.... Brothers and deir lives thrown away lik dat.... In the end no investigation wil be carried out into cause of death.... Black mentality ehn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? / Another Snake Killed In The Farm(pic) / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.