Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car (5958 Views)

Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car / 11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Lexusgs430: 1:46am On Mar 19, 2016
leymercy:
I need a toyota car 2015 model not less than 1.5 million

Let me understand you. You are requesting a year old Toyota for not less than N1.5 million, but not more than?
Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Macmilla(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You can say that again!!! Would paste you his post later.
I just blame d economy of this country. Cos I don't see why I would be looking for a naija used car to buy. It's well shaah. We must drive a car. I must drive my solara. grin
Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Macmilla:

I just blame d economy of this country. Cos I don't see why I would be looking for a naija used car to buy. It's well shaah. We must drive a car. I must drive my solara. grin

You don't like the Accord coupe?
Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Macmilla(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You don't like the Accord coupe?
I have this love for coupes. I love accord coupe, but they seem to be higher than my budget. My budget is really tight now but it will change pretty soon.
Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by honsule(m): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
achalugonata:
Another thing u need 2 note when buying a Nigerian used vehicle r d documents 2 demand of d seller and these includes
Allocation of registration no,
Prove of ownership certificate,
Vehicle license.
Purchase reciept signed by d 2 parties,
A draft out of change of ownership dat authorizes d new owner 2 go on with d proper change of ownership.

2ndly, u need 2 check d vehicle license and ensure dat it's valid 2 avoid paying 4 wot u did not use.

My experience in vehicle documentations : a lot of people have come 4 change of ownership and when dey r asked 2 bring d vehicle documents dey were given by d seller, u will be surprised at wot dey will present: VEHICLE license, road worthiness and insurance. And these r only d renewables and not d major documents.
So dey will need 2 go through loss of vehicle documents b4 dey can process dere change of ownership and den replacement of no plate which will cost dem much more.

Also some pple will come with a vehicle license dat has expired 4 maybe 4-5yrs and won't have any choice but 2 renew it up to date which means more expenses.

My advice: check out 4 d validity of especially d vehicle license since it's auto-reg, if it's expired, deduct d price multiplied by d no of yrs from d agreed price of d said vehicle because it was d seller's duty 2 validate d documents. I hope dis helps.

It really helps. But pls elaborate on point 1 Allocation of registration no.
Re: How To Buy A Nigerian Used Car by princecemo(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
Automobile Inspection Service

Do you need to buy a car and you need an automobile expert to inspect before you buy?
You can call on us today
Take note that most mechanic are easily bribed to approve a faulty car more so most mechanic don’t inspect with the right tools.

We are experts in inspecting cars
Avoid making mistakes when buying a car
We can help you do the following

Check if a car is accident free
Engine diagnostics with a topnotch scanning device
Check for ABS faults
Check for SRS faults
Check for Transmission (gearbox) faults
Also advice you on a better option of cars to buy

We also give free advice on what car is suitable for u

We can help you buy both tokunbo and naija used cars

We are available anytime of the week

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bosch Announces Breakthrough Technology That Could Save Diesel Cars / What Is The Procedure For Renewing Vehicle Plate Number? / DIY *BMW 318ci N42 Vanos Seal Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.