Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? (1604 Views)

How A Nairalander Spent Her Valentines Day / Happy Valentines Day Nairaland!!! / What Are Your Plans For Valentines Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Our muslim brethren don't celebrate christmass and easter. But why do they celebrate ST VALENTINES DAY with the christians and aswell as those people that criticise catholic church I just wanna know!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by iykekelvins(m): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Them no be human being?
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by kingofchess(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
love is for everybody.
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
U min say dem suppose follow catholic church celebrate d feast of st valentines day abi? Oya tell me, y dem no dey celebrate xmass and easter?
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
kingofchess:
love is for everybody.
Really? Y is christmass and easter not for everybody too na?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Whuraola(f): 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dericman:
Our muslim brethren don't celebrate christmass and easter. But why do they celebrate ST VALENTINES DAY with the christians and aswell as those people that criticise catholic church I just wanna know!

Muslims DO NOT celebrate valentines day okay?
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Whuraola(f): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dericman:

It's Un-Islamic......tho some "Muslims" do that, I can only ask Allah to make us more Knowledgeable

St Valentines day , like the other kufr celebrations belongs to them (kuffars) n them only

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Whuraola:

As a matter of fact they do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Whuraola(f): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dericman:

It's Un-Islamic......tho some "Muslims" do that, I ask Allah to make us more Knowledgeable

St Valentines day , like the other kufr celebrations belongs to them (kuffars) n them only.
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by numericalguy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
As a Muslim, you don't have any business celebrating Valentine.
Valentine's day is a day where a lot of adultery and even formication are perpetrated. It is a day where drunkenness and other forms of immorality are actively perpetrated.

We pray for God's guidance for our fellow brothers in Islam.
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Y dnt u take dis questn 2 a mosque. And is valentine even a religious celebratn?
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by firstking01(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Op, i bet u have a very shallow knowledge of what valantine is all about...you think say na catholic think huh undecided??
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by numericalguy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dericman:
As a matter of fact they do.

Those who do, do it out of ignorance and/or disobedience because it is spelt out clearly in the Qur'an that we Muslims must shun all forms of immorality.
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by JuicyGee(f): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
numericalguy:

Those who do, do it out of ignorance and/or disobedience because it is spelt out clearly in the Qur'an that we Muslims must shun all forms of immorality.
Valentine's day wasn't meant for immorality, its just this sinful world that changed it to something else.. Valentine's day is a day to show true love to one another (compassion, kindness, goodness etc..)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
firstking01:
Op, i bet u have a very shallow knowledge of what valantine is all about...you think say na catholic think huh undecided??
my frnd, y don't u ask google and see the tru meaning of st valentine's day and y its celebrated.. U wey u know everything..!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 10:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Maiconyoung:
Y dnt u take dis questn 2 a mosque. And is valentine even a religious celebratn?
Sure! St Valentine was a catholic priest.. Y don't u ask google and read his history and no more!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by hereiam: 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
numericalguy:
As a Muslim, you don't have any business celebrating Valentine.
Valentine's day is a day where a lot of adultery and even formication are perpetrated. It is a day where drunkenness and other forms of immorality are actively perpetrated.

We pray for God's guidance for our fellow brothers in Islam.

Oh yes ... you are very correct. while sallah is a day of no fornication n adultery... a day for Holiness n angels.
you just expose you ignorance in public in.the presence of your fans

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dericman:
Sure! St Valentine was a catholic priest.. Y don't u ask google and read his history and no more!
does dat make it a religious celebratn? Were there nt oda catholic saints martyrd, y dnt they celebrate dat one? Even d evil committed by ur so calld xtians on dat day even makes dat day 2 b despised b4 God, xtian celebratn my foot. Moreover u go on holiday 4 salah does dat mean dat u celebrate it?
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
Maiconyoung:
does dat make it a religious celebratn? Were there nt oda catholic saints martyrd, y dnt they celebrate dat one? Even d evil committed by ur so calld xtians on dat day even makes dat day 2 b despised b4 God, xtian celebratn my foot. Moreover u go on holiday 4 salah does dat mean dat u celebrate it?
Bros i no fit argue too much.. Just look for any catholic church and attend dis coming sunday and listen to what d priest says. " Today we celebrate the feast of st valentine". And as for those that engage themself into immorality on that day, they miss missunderstood what valentine's day means that is y dey engolf into such immoral act.. We catholics do celebrate valentine and its a day of sharing of gifts, love, etc and not the oda way round. Some even take their time to visit the less privilede and spend time with dem.. By d way, did u ask google like i intructed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dericman:
Bros i no fit argue too much.. Just look for any catholic church and attend dis coming sunday and listen to what d priest says. " Today we celebrate the feast of st valentine". And as for those that engage themself into immorality on that day, they miss missunderstood what valentine's day means that is y dey engolf into such immoral act.. We catholics do celebrate valentine and its a day of sharing of gifts, love, etc and not the oda way round. Some even take their time to visit the less privilede and spend time with dem.. By d way, did u ask google like i intructed
well ur own view is gud sha, bt dat day is nt biblical, i knw abt valentine 10years ago
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Strahovski1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Religion! Lol
Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Welcomme: 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Whuraola:

It's Un-Islamic......tho some "Muslims" do that, I can only ask Allah to make us more Knowledgeable

St Valentines day , like the other kufr celebrations belongs to them (kuffars) n them only
U are very stupid for using such derogatory word to call christians. U are a fucking and blood tasty terrorist. u modafucker bokoharam n Isis recruiter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Whuraola(f): 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Welcomme:
U are very stupid for using such derogatory word to call christians. U are a fucking and blood tasty terrorist. u modafucker bokoharam n Isis recruiter.

oh my....ROFL. ,,,I seriously can't stop laughing....
ermm (clears throat)
I'm very sure u don't know the meaning of 'kuffar'

and from ur words,,,any sensible person here will know that the only 'fucking blood tasty terrorist' here is you

I was only passing what I had in mind across.,,I didn't insult any1.....u did!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by numericalguy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
@ Wuraola, don't be disturbed by what the kufars are saying. You have done your duties by Allah by speaking against their kufur ways.

Because you speak against their evil ways will not make them like you but you have to do your duties by Allah by preaching against all forms of societal ills like lies, stealing, drunkenness, formication, adultery, valentines, cheating, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Celebrates St Valentines Day? by Dericman(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
numericalguy:
@ Wuraola, don't be disturbed by what the kufars are saying. You have done your duties by Allah by speaking against their kufur ways.

Because you speak against their evil ways will not make them like you but you have to do your duties by Allah by preaching against all forms of societal ills like lies, stealing, drunkenness, formication, adultery, valentines, cheating, etc

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Tell Me What's Wrong With This Picture? ;)... Do U Have Any Weird P / Can U Hit A Woman? / Happy New Month To You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.