Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 (17317 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Olamide: "I Made My Lagos Nawa Album In 48 Hours" / 8 Nigerian Guys Richer Than Hushpuppi But Still Humble – Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Yarnvibes(f): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
We the music fans of Nigeria have decided that we’ll started begging, asking or demanding albums from our favorite artists. Okay maybe not demanding, but for some of the best artists in Nigeria, random singles here and there, no projects, and ever shifting release dates disappoint many fans.

Many fans probably know that it’s not magic to release an album, but we’d still like a collection of new music, and not singles that drop every four months with no major purpose. We’re not complaining about the singles o, but we for like albums too. So let’s go with the 10 Nigerian artists who need to drop an album this year.

1 Eva Alordiah

Eva Alordiah is probably the first name on many people’s lips when you talk about the best female rapper in Nigeria, but till date she’s yet to release an official album. That makes that best female rapper tag hard to validate. However we do know that there’s a project in the making, The 1960 album. The problem is, the release date has been moved multiple times now. From Jan 1st, 2015, to later in the year, to Oct 1st 2015, and now we just don’t even know when it’ll be release. Sigh… Yea… Eva please stop starving us. Release it, we’ll buy To be fair she has released two mixtapes, but mixtapes and album no be the same.

2 Chidinma

Chidinma has released one and only album, and that was back in 2012 shortly after she was announced as the Project Fame West Africa. Seeing as she won that prestigious talent contest, we’ve had very high hopes for her, especially because we know the talent is clearly there. However with the likes of Yemi Alade, Tiwa Savage and co constantly putting out projects, Chidinma is at risk of being left all the way behind. That’s unless of course she drops a solid album this year, then she’ll back in the big leagues.

3. Patoranking:
[img]http://planettv.tv/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Patoranking.jpg[/img]
Whayasay!! Patoranking has been one of the top acts in Nigerian music over the past couple of years with dope singles, Girlie O, Alubarika, and My Woman My Everything. However this is the year he needs to put all that work to good, and release an album. The fans are ready now, and we think Patoranking has created a big enough brand that the album will definitely sell. Word is there’s an album in the works, so we just might see it sooner rather than later.

4 Davido

To be fair to Davido, he was supposed to release his sophomore album last year, but then, the Sony BMG deal happened. Now there should be no excuse as to why that album can’t be released this year. 2016 will make it four years since his debut album, OBO. Yes, four years, and for one of the biggest artists in Africa that’s getting to be a very long time. The lead singles are already out, and buzzing, this has to be the year. This is the year Davido has to stake him claim as Naija’s hottest artist without question.

5 Lil Kesh

When your boss goes out of his way to call out Don Jazzy, and start one of the biggest beefs in Nigerian music history, then he sees something big in you. With Olamide pulling that move, the expectations for for Lil Kesh has been raised through the roof. Every single he puts out will be judged on that basis, and seeing that Olamide is one of the hardest working artists in the industry, we’ll use that as a baseline for Lil Kesh also. That means, he has to release an album this year. Not long story.

6 Vector

It’s been four years since Vector’s last album, 2nd Coming, was released, and fans might be beginning to get impatient. We understand that Vector had some label issues to sort out, but now that it’s all done, we expect the album to drop soon. With his AK47 mixtape released in 2014, and the huge hit King Kong released in 2015, the only next level up is an album this year.

7 Reekado Banks

On the flip side of the Lil Kesh Next Rated argument is the person who actually won the Next Rated award, and that is Reekado Banks. Winning that award already comes with its own pressure, but this year with all the controversy surrounding it, the pressure is on world cup final levels. Even though, Banks, signed to Mavin Records dropped a song shortly after winning the award, the real thing fans will be waiting for is a solo album. A Mavin Records collective album might not be enough.

8 Omawumi

All hail the queen! There’s no doubt in many people’s minds that when you talk of the best female artist, and performer in Nigeria, Omawumi is at the top of the list. However 2016 will make it 3 years since she released an album, and up until a couple of months ago, hadn’t released much material (we understand cos she just had a baby), but in 2016, we need Omawumi to drop an album, and remind everyone that she’s the real madam at the top. No time!

http://yarnvibes.com/8-nigerian-artists-need-release-album-2016/
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by HENSEXIE(f): 12:04am On Feb 11, 2016
☺kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥.seen
Next
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by SurefireAsoOke: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2016
IMO
Apart from Eva, all the above listed artiste are still makin Hitz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 11, 2016
seen √√√√√
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by brownjulie(f): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
okay
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by allanphash7(m): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Why
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Op forgot to add #Lacomus, owk I will forgive yu today.

Anticipate my single "OwO Mi" dropping first week of next month "KKMG" wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by brainbox1000(m): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Okay we are waiting
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Pidggin(f): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Eva is the worst

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by tolexy007(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
undecided
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by zizirecords(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Do albums really sell in Nigeria? No! Most people who release albums do so as part of the traditional expectations of the music industry.

Everyone above (apart from whack Eva) is a hit maker. End of story!

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by tolexy007(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Remove that lil kesh and replace it with Adekunle Gold

13 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
undecided
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Emodeee: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Vector will release an album titled lafiaji, though it's not official yet. He can play kanye west on his fans and change the title but he is sure to release an album this year. Vector, my man, the album is gonna be DOPE. "I spit dope verses you can listen with your nose." kudos to vector for that line, I'm a big fan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
op go and find something doing the above personalities u mentioned up there are already wealthy. stop been a busy body
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Praisely(f): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
what about wizzy baba op Nawa o
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by LaudGuy: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
I wonder why Patoranking hasn't dropped yet, abi marketers dey call rubbish price...
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by DrChukzy(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Especially Lil Kesh
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by kstyle2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Brymooooooo.....the boy can sing for Africa....i had to make his track 'in the city' my ringtone
People talk about tubaba, asa being the best and all that but I beg to disagree...Brymo is the best artiste in Nigeria and I dare say, Africa
Note...I said best not most popular
His albums have been epic from Brymstone, Son of a karpenta, Merchant, dealers & slaves and lastly, Tabula Rasa
Another decent artiste is johnny drille...vocals toh badt gan

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by 867Y5309(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
D BANJ nko? He should be number 1 on that list

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Give me 'Lil kesh' and 'Vector'
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by emmayayodeji(m): 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
correct yourself "With his AK47 mixtape released in 2014, and the huge hit King Kong released in 2015" the name of the mixtape was A7 not AK47.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by rawpadgin(m): 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
grin
they are all noise makers
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by RebelLeader15(m): 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
Kesh na rubbish joor #whats aunty Sidi?

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by neolboy(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Awilo Longomba
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by CivilzedTyger(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
I'm looking forward to Seeing Davido's album nd also Lil Kesh also tell Praiz to release his second album soon
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by techskulz(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
Album don't pay again the way single pay don't you know that
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by Vivly(f): 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Add Tiwa to the list.
Re: 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 by bisdam9086(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ok. That is fine..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Honored As One Of 100 Most Influential People Of Africa / Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight / Bambam And Teddy-A Meet Pastor Tony Rapu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.