Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? (516 Views)

Abia Govt Blasts Nkechi Nwaogu Who Called Abia "A Failed State Under PDP" / Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC / Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by Anoneism(m): 7:23am On Feb 11, 2016
IS NIGERIA A FAILED STATE OR ABOUT TO BECOME ONE?

Before now I find it very difficult to
accept or come to terms with the notion
or view that 'Nigeria is a failed state'.
Often times I do hear political
commentators and democratic disciples
branding Nigeria 'a failed state'.

Like I said earlier, I personally do not
agree with this view but coming across
a succinct, simple, concise and well
elaborate definition of a failed state my
view and stands changed drastically.
Below is the definition:

"A failed state is one that is unable to
perform its duties on several levels:
when violence cascades into an all-out
internal war, when standard of living
massively deteriorate, when the
infrastructure of ordinary life decays,
and when the greed of rulers
overwhelms their responsibilities to
better their people and their
surroundings"(culled from Chinua
Achebe's 'There was a country').

Going by the definition above, can one
conclusively say that Nigeria is a failed
state? Please I urge all respondents to
be civilize in airing their views because
this issue has to do with the state of
health of our dear country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by CICERO09(m): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2016
On the verge
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by Bhella5(m): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2016
Are you a wailer, an ipob or an epa?
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by majamajic(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2016
fail is understatement,
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by BaddieKay(f): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2016
Could be both depending on how you're viewing it.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by Rockyrascal(m): 7:41am On Feb 11, 2016
We have been a failed state since the regime of Gen babangida.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by illmatic101(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2016
With the APC lead federal Government? Definitely Nigeria is becoming a failed State.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by HENSEXIE(f): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2016
Well...nt yet
I believ dias stil sum G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ yet 2 Βε̲̣̣̣̥ tapped
Buh we still holdin on 2 hope
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by chumaster(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2016
As long as rule of law is neglected, it is not a state! NIGERIA IS NOT A STATE
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State Already Or About To Become One? by Luckylife(m): 8:03am On Feb 11, 2016
If they know you can't perform and they give you a task base on sentiment who will you blame? You can't give what you don't have.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Corrupt Countries, Ranked By Perception / Can The President Be Impeached? / "Ironically The Road He Abandoned Is Now Used By Both APC And PDP Members"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.