Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. (5010 Views)

Kanti Bello: North Won’t Vote Buhari, We’ll Shop For Candidate With No Vendetta / Ondo Election: Mimiko Meets With Buhari Again / Suleiman Hashimu To Trek For Buhari Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Yhinkss(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2016
Million times we cannot afford to have another buffon in the helm of affairs cos the one he had was a mistake.
Another Dasuki
Stealing is no corruption
Diversion of government money to personal use through NSA
Another land grabbings and allocation in fCT
Another awarding of military works to pastors
Another juicy contracts to militants
Another large scale looting
Another dolarization of economy by a sitting president
Another carving of religious and ethnic line by laying everywhere called church to fan divide
Anotther uncontrollable wife of a president
God forbid bad thing

3 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by anonimi: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2016
modath:
Cc ; Anonimi, get new fotos to post when you want to mention "MO" you can't post same redundant & overplayed foto of Amaechi et al "pressuring" IB & Madam Gele to liquidate excess crude account...pause for a second & introspect about Hero's motives for capitulating...

Clueless wasn't thinking of Nigerians, he was only dancing to the governors' tune in order to keep them sweet & get their support for an undeserved 2nd term...

Upholding constitutional Law & Order has now turned to "keep them sweet & get their support"
You obviously do not understand that the Federation Account is a JOINTLY owned by the three tiers of the country:

- federal
- state
- LGA

Still in doubt, check what our Asiwaju asiwere had to say thereon =>

[size=14pt]Tinubu Tackles FG, CBN On Excess Crude Oil Sales Account[/size]
Feb 22, 2001

The Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday joined issues with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CB N) over the recent face-off between the different tiers of government on the excess crude oil sales reserve account of US$ 1. 8 billion which is about N198 billion.

Expressing concern at the impression being created that the economy is rudderless, Tinubu argued that the central issue transcends the release or non-release of the fund into the Federation Account.

In his words: “The fundamental issues and principles at stake go much deeper. They are more broadly about the rule of law and the supremacy of the constitution on one hand, and the need for cooperation and coordination in a true federal structure, as a basis for sustaining and strengthening our fledgling democracy on the other hand”.

Governor Tinubu [size=14pt]disagreed with the CBN's position that release of the excess crude reserves to the states and local governments, though legitimate, [/size]would lead to inflation; cause a rundown of the nation's foreign reserves; weaken the exchange rate further and run counter to agreements reached with the IMF.

The Governor contended that "in a period of excess capacity and low purchasing power, there should not be undue inflationary pressures from an injection of funds into the economy. Instead, such a development should be beneficial to economic activity and growth, despite the fact that there are supply rigidities and inefficiencies which would limit the potential benefits”.

On the purported likely impact on foreign reserves, Tinubu argued that "in an import-dependent economy such as ours, it is inevitable that an upturn in the level of economic activity would engender a fall in foreign reserves. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Rather, it would be immoral to appear to be building up high foreign reserves in the midst of grinding poverty”.

He stressed further that if the N198 billion released is matched by an equivalent US$1.8 billion, there should not be a fall in the value of the Naira as the supply of dollars would be in place to match any increased demand”.

Tinubu also said it would be unfair for the federal government to agree unilaterally to commit revenues due to other tiers of government, to an agreement with the IMF or anyone else.

Attributing inflationary pressures in the economy largely to the federal government's overspending and printing of money to finance such expenditure, Tinubu said "It is hardly fair for the FGN to overspend and then seek to correct the inflationary effect on the economy by starving other tiers of government of their rightful funds”.

Stressing that there is no basis for CBN or any authority to flout the constitution and deny states and local governments their own share of the Federation Account, Tinubu noted that "the excess crude reserve account is itself an illegality, carried over from the military era, as there is no provision in the law or the constitution for federally - collected revenues to be diverted to such an account”.

Advocating constructive dialogue on the management of the economy Governor Tinubu said "it is time for us to sit down and dialogue about how to move from where we are now, to where we need to get to, while respecting true federalism in fiscal and other matters”.

From: http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2001/02/22/20010222N01.html
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by chimerase2: 11:55am On Feb 11, 2016
Why will I vote him
Everi part of the economy is worst
Even common bag of pure water dat sells for 100 naira is now 150
Electriciyy hike
Price of goods has gone high
Pls why will I vote for de idiott undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by idu1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
INTROVERT:
Many Nigerians are disenchanted with the current administration while a lot more Nigerians are appealing for more time to be given to the administration.

One one hand the Buhari administration has been fighting corruption and this is evident in the arrest of high profile Nigerians whose cases are still in court and the recovery of billions of dollars which had lined up the pockets of past corrupt government officials, which if properly utilized would help the nation. Secondly a CHANGE in the norm and practices is a difficult pill for many to swallow as is evidenced by poor economic output, high dollar exchange rate, increased unemployment rate etc etc. The president has also not been lucky because of the drastic dip in oil prices which has left the government with less money to spend on capital projects. With patience the APC government can take Nigerians to the promised land.

On the other hand many would argue that the present administration came in on the wings of deceit based on the perceived "cluelessness" of the previous administrtation. Internet and social media played a major role in the emergence of this present administration coupled with security challenges in the north which has not been totally solved. Many believe that this administration is no different from the last, others opine that it is even worse considering the way the budget was "mafia" inspired to subject Nigerians into further hardship.... I can by no means state all the pros and cons of the past and present administration(s), therefore with your understanding of politics and economy in Nigeria.......

IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE AGAIN, WOULD YOU VOTE AN APC LED GOVERNMENT AGAINST A PDP CONTROLLED ONE

Click like for APC or share for PDP.... afterwards drop your comments.
Remember to be civil whilst making comments.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
You are an idiot.. ....

4 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by idu1(m): 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
chimerase2:
Why will I vote him
Everi part of the economy is worst
Even common bag of pure water dat sells for 100 naira is now 150
Electriciyy hike
Price of goods has gone high
Pls why will I vote for de idiott undecided
You are a bast. and. Is he the one producing pure water? Useless igbos

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by chimerase2: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
idu1:
You are a bast. and. Is he the one producing pure water? Useless igbos
shatap don't u knw dat lack of policy bad economy and constant increase of naira against dollars is responisble for all dis
Useless foool

3 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by carinmom(f): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Yes Buhari till 2023. IPOD op how market grin

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by modath(f): 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
anonimi:

Upholding constitutional Law & Order has now turned to "keep them sweet & get their support"
You obviously do not understand that the Federation Account is a JOINTLY owned by the three tiers of the country:

- federal
- state
- LGA

Still in doubt, check what our Asiwaju had to say thereon =>

Oh oh, I don't know? Shebi na you be the repository of wisdom, knowledge & understanding? angry

Ok school me on FAAC, JAC et al, cos everyone on NL is stupid & need your "holy grail foto" for commonsense!

So if the 3 tiers share da money like gala & cake, what did your Heroes @ the [b]FEDERAL level[/b]do with theirs? & 2001 publication, really? smiley smiley

You always respond to "go fetch" ... & I wish you will stop all these lil pikin stuff, I no dey fear you, God forbid bad thing!!!

I speak my mind, nor dey look "uche" face & what I can defend but I sincerely don't enjoy all these back & forth & maligning people but you keep putting your foot in & "trying it"!!!!

Expecting more foto but you ain't getting any rebuttal, already given u all my Fs I have for today!! Bye! cool

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by anonimi: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
modath:
Oh oh, I don't know? Shebi na you be the repository of wisdom, knowledge & understanding? angry

Ok school me on FAAC, JAC et al, cos everyone on NL is stupid & need your "holy grail foto" for commonsense!

Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu just schooled you, so no need for my help, really cheesy
Enjoy your day. cheesy cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Melinde: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
#Failbuhari.... One year after what did he achieve?

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by ajebuter(f): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
APC and PMB?

I dey craze?

Hell to da nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by DankemzI(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Maybe
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by SonOfEl(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
Topeakintola:

fortunately Tinubu has just one vote

Nigerians fully support Buhari

Never again will we have a IPOB controlled government

Bigot in disguise....you didn't want mention Igbo, so you cowardly and 'mumu'ly mentioned ipob. Has ipob controlled the fg before?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Topeakintola: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
SonOfEl:

Bigot in disguise....you didn't want mention Igbo, so you cowardly and 'mumu'ly mentioned ipob. Has ipob controlled the fg before?

IPOB are the pillar of my government- Jonathan (2013)

7 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by akp202(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
am from d south south and i refuse to be sentimental when it come to issues like this.... i strongly believe nigeria would have gone into extinction if GEJ had won d last election base on lot of fraudulent activities being currently unraveled.GEJ left this country in a messy state.If GEJ and PMB should vie for presidency i will vote for PMB over GEJ any day any time but if between PMB and a saviour yet to come ,i will vote for d saviour of course...PMB is not the saviour Nigerians yearn for

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by SonOfEl(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Topeakintola:

IPOB are the pillar of my government- Jonathan (2013)

Better....a sincere skeptic
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by SonOfEl(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
akp202:
am from d south south and i refuse to be sentimental when it come to issues like this.... i strongly believe nigeria would have gone into extinction if GEJ had won d last election base on lot of fraudulent activities being currently unraveled.GEJ left this country in a messy state.If GEJ and PMB should vie for presidency i will vote for PMB over GEJ any day any time but if between PMB and a saviour yet to come ,i will vote for d saviour of course...PMB is not the saviour Nigerians yearn for

Abeg park well..... You are trying to sound neutral but it ain't working....

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by sandraokosun: 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
buhari over gej, i choose pmb a million times.
i got info how one uniben lecturer was complaining that pmb government has made every penny generated frm uniben to go into the TSA. He was crying of stopped existent leakages.
those including pdp and natural haters are the only people against pmb govt
he cant work now cos his budget hasnt been approved by the national assembly, who are trying to bring fault to it costly of pdp members policy and the general anoyance frm them that they dont have share cut.

the economy is how it is cos of the general drop in crude globally which isnt his fault.
the excess the ex govt saved for this rainy day is 0.
what he is doing is to tighten all leakage thks to tsa enforcement and get returns frm stolen funds
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
I still don't believe he was voted for.. Before.. It was given to him for peace sake.. But I like the old man shaa.. His successor would enjoy the sit.. Cuz there would b zero corruption.. N it's corruption I.e holding our development..
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by justice2016: 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
no way ...total failure ...he is not cutting it for me at all. Buhari was a mistake . we need a more educated , young n a non tribalistic person now for Nigeria to unite . He is loved by some regions only because of hate treatment on igbos especially n partly Ss .it is reason for which he was voted in
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by ifeomaekol(f): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2016
INTROVERT:
Many Nigerians are disenchanted with the current administration while a lot more Nigerians are appealing for more time to be given to the administration.

One one hand the Buhari administration has been fighting corruption and this is evident in the arrest of high profile Nigerians whose cases are still in court and the recovery of billions of dollars which had lined up the pockets of past corrupt government officials, which if properly utilized would help the nation. Secondly a CHANGE in the norm and practices is a difficult pill for many to swallow as is evidenced by poor economic output, high dollar exchange rate, increased unemployment rate etc etc. The president has also not been lucky because of the drastic dip in oil prices which has left the government with less money to spend on capital projects. With patience the APC government can take Nigerians to the promised land.

On the other hand many would argue that the present administration came in on the wings of deceit based on the perceived "cluelessness" of the previous administrtation. Internet and social media played a major role in the emergence of this present administration coupled with security challenges in the north which has not been totally solved. Many believe that this administration is no different from the last, others opine that it is even worse considering the way the budget was "mafia" inspired to subject Nigerians into further hardship.... I can by no means state all the pros and cons of the past and present administration(s), therefore with your understanding of politics and economy in Nigeria.......

IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE AGAIN, WOULD YOU VOTE AN APC LED GOVERNMENT AGAINST A PDP CONTROLLED ONE

Click like for APC or share for PDP.... afterwards drop your comments.
Remember to be civil whilst making comments.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
nope
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2016
Iroh88:
This same poster yelled "Dino should keep quiet" in the other thread where it was revealed the Ineffectual Buffoon and Madam Opolo Eyes grabbed reserved lands in Maitama district Abuja, distorting the master plan.

That is all their kind do- embrace, protect, exalt and promote corruption!! It hurts them when people are made to account for the wrongs they did. For them, fighting corruption is akin to destroying their legacies.

Yet they want people to "vote PDP". What a pity.

This guy's post does not in anyway suggest that he is in support of APC or PDP. He was balanced and played neutral. He only asked a yes or no question. So just answer or keep quiet and save yourself a lot of stress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Buhari is a devine aganda ok?
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by DropShot: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2016
Reptyle:
I would vote for Buhari 1000 times over if he runs against Ex-President Jonathan.

In my honest opinion, he was a better candidate compared to Dr. Jonathan.

You might not like Buhari or his style of leadership. You might not even trust in his capacity to lead a country like Nigeria. But if anyone would be sincere with themselves, they would know that another 4 years of the PDP would have doomed this country to the precipice.
Gbam!
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2016
imsuboi:
Only zombies will undecided
U & ur entire region are @ the mercy of the ''Zombies'' who cares about 5%?
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2016
Yhinkss:
Million times we cannot afford to have another buffon in the helm of affairs cos the one he had was a mistake.
Another Dasuki
Stealing is no corruption
Diversion of government money to personal use through NSA
Another land grabbings and allocation in fCT
Another awarding of military works to pastors
Another juicy contracts to militants
Another large scale looting
Another dolarization of economy by a sitting president
Another carving of religious and ethnic line by laying everywhere called church to fan divide
Anotther uncontrollable wife of a president
God forbid bad thing
U've said it ALL bro.
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Demdem(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
No vacancy in Aso rock till after Osinbanjo's second term after Buhari would have completed Two terms.
Ur question is no brainer. Buhari all the way.
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by Beremx(f): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
Probably. angry
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
Topeakintola:

Fully endorsed!!

Patriotic Nigerians should start advocating for a third term after 2023

Buhari needs at least 12-15 years to rid corruption from our institutions

Thank God for Buhari

Oya IPOB start crying
wetin God tek him hand do, person wey no like, mek him just watch out 4 road, wen him see Dangote truk wey load cement de com him state, mek him just tia res enta him front, even if him tiku,kpeme or yamutu, them go giv him family #150k for him beria, cuz BUHARI NA 4 LIFE.
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
imsuboi:

Hopeless zombie. Do not disturb my mentions anymore. undecided
See one animal from our eastern Zoo, she is called IPOB
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by payosehtor(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Topeakintola:

fortunately Tinubu has just one vote

Nigerians fully support Buhari

Never again will we have a IPOB controlled government
To Hell with stealing is not corruption. solution for Ipob (defender) is simple. stray bullets
Re: Would You Vote Buhari Again? - Nairaland Decides. by 2sex(m): 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
Except he does something about the economy, I don't care how he plans to do it, I will not vote for him, neither will PDP be an option.

I will give my vote to a new promising party. If Nigerians adopt this method, these men will learn to sit up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun Election: APC Leading / Moghalu: FG Has No Regard For Judiciary, INEC (photo) / Declare State Of Emergency On Security – PDP Tells President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.