Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,646 members, 7,782,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

Please advice a nairalander - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please advice a nairalander (1025 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please advice a nairalander by timawoku(m): 11:58am On Feb 11, 2016
Nairalanders please I need advice o

My boss has been firing everybody in my office, he has fired 3 managers in the last 10 months. promoting me to a manager (after immediately sacking the last 1) has stirred up mixed reaction from me as I know sack is imminent (it is a policy which he believes in;sack managers often so that no one holds a strong control of his business). we are into auditing...

I started preparing for the inevitable by starting up an education center, I have spent 600k thus far. I started off the business this past monday, after all the advert and distribution of flyers, I am yet to see a single student. My education center is at the side of a major road, I see no reason why students should not flow in, most of the teachers taking Subjects are super good, 4 have masters out of 5,(they are actually friends with time on their hands) worse still is that my 'oga at the top' has started making life miserable for me, failure is not an option for me now. how do I go about this? Ps I ventured into the business out of passion for teaching. I was once a lecturer in a polytechnic (during my NYSC days) and I enjoyed every bit of it, I know it will work but how? I took 2 weeks leave just for this, please advice me o

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44 et al
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Seun(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
It's unlikely that the people he sacked didn't do anything wrong. Just find out what they did wrong and don't do anything similar to that.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by obi4eze(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hmm...
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
What do you want sir?

How to remain in your firm or ways to grow your business?

About your business:

Its barely a week since you opened the doors for students (clients). Please don't be in a hurry, business doesn't work that way. Ask your boss, I'm sure he started business from his sitting room/bedroom.

I also feel you need to cut down the number of your workforce. Running a tutorial centre with 4 teachers is not bad; however it is too early to start engaging such volume...

Get your clients, teachers will always be available.

What's the location?
Re: Please advice a nairalander by LaurelP(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
timawoku:

My boss has been firing everybody in my office, he has fired 3 managers in the last 10 months. promoting me to a manager (after immediately sacking the last 1) has stirred up mixed reaction from me as I know sack is imminent (it is a policy which he believes in;sack managers often so that no one holds a strong control of his business). we are into auditing...

I started preparing for the inevitable by starting up an education center, I have spent 600k thus far. I started off the business this past monday, after all the advert and distribution of flyers, I am yet to see a single student. My education center is at the side of a major road, I see no reason why students should not flow in, most of the teachers taking Subjects are super good, 4 have masters out of 5,(they are actually friends with time on their hands) worse still is that my 'oga at the top' has started making life miserable for me, failure is not an option for me now. how do I go about this? Ps I ventured into the business out of passion for teaching. I was once a lecturer in a polytechnic (during my NYSC days) and I enjoyed every bit of it, I know it will work but how? I took 2 weeks leave just for this, please advice me o
l

I am focusing on your business cos I dont knoq what is wrong with ur boss. My last boss was like that, he sacks at the slightest opportunity.

What u need is to have a plan for ur business, especially a marketing plan. Just distributing fliers is not enough, u need to develop a weekly, monthly and yearly plan for ur marketing campaign. Since u are currently employed, u may need to employ someone to manage ur business for u while u come in once in a while to monitor stuff.

By the way, why employ such number of teachers this early? More cost for a new business that is still looking for customers.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Sparklequeen(f): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Please employ me to be your secretary
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Sveen: 7:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Acidosis:
What do you want sir?

About your business:

Its barely a week since you opened the doors for students (clients). Please don't be in a hurry, business doesn't work that way. Ask your boss, I'm sure he started business from his sitting room/bedroom.

I also feel you need to cut down the number of your workforce. Running a tutorial centre with 4 teachers is not bad; however it is too early to start engaging such volume...

What's the location?

There's a huge difference between It's and Its. Its is used for animals or non living object while It's is the short term for It is or It has...

And also, coma(,) is the ideal icon that's supposed to come after bad instead of semicolon[;].

And there should be a coma(,) after however too.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by marqueetim(m): 7:10am On Feb 12, 2016
Ednut1 Even this school business no sure. angry
timawoku:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44 et al
Re: Please advice a nairalander by timawoku(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2016
Seun:
It's unlikely that the people he sacked didn't do anything wrong. Just find out what they did wrong and don't do anything similar to that.
even at that I have invested in education center business, I want to know what I am doing wrong with regards to the ventured bussiness., as per my job auditors are not perfect (extrapolations, concluded calculations, etc) so when he feels its my time to go(tired of my face), he has lot pool of reasons to (especially mistakes from my subordinates). I need your expert advice on how I can successfully run the education bussiness. Seun am honoured you spent time (from ur busy schedule) to advice me, thanks for that!
Re: Please advice a nairalander by timawoku(m): 7:39am On Feb 12, 2016
Acidosis:
What do you want sir?

About your business:

What's the location?

the problem I seek to profer solution to is about how to make my business grow. Imagine after much input?

When I made investigations about what can make an education center a success, I was told the quality of education would help the business that's y I went for people with masters, most of the teachers are friends and family who just want to help the business to grow, so I am really not paying much. The education center is located at ikorodu lagos.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by ednut1(m): 7:59am On Feb 12, 2016
marqueetim:
Ednut1 Even this school business no sure. angry
grin
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2016
Sveen:
[s]There's a huge difference between It's and Its. Its is used for animals or non living object while It's is the short term for It is or It has...

And also, coma(,) is the ideal icon that's supposed to come after bad instead of semicolon[;].

And there should be a coma(,) after however too. [/s]

If this trash can help OP recover his N600,000 with double profit before the end of February, I will give you due credit.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Acidosis(m): 8:18am On Feb 12, 2016
timawoku:
the problem I seek to profer solution to is about how to make my business grow. Imagine after much input?

When I made investigations about what can make an education center a success, I was told the quality of education would help the business that's y I went for people with masters, most of the teachers are friends and family who just want to help the business to grow, so I am really not paying much. The education center is located at ikorodu lagos.

- Spend some time to conduct a simple market research in your environ. Compare prices/fees, flexibility, etc.

- Identify your market. Are your prices affordable to all and sundry? If you set a high fee, and distribute flyers to the average and the poor, the end result would be 'poor.' If you target the rich, give more flyers to the rich.

- Concentrate more on PARENTS, mothers especially. Your business, owing to its nature, will boom when you relate more with mothers/wives, not fathers.

- The foregoing tells you something about your target market, more flyers should be given to mothers.

- Do you have a visible banner around your centre?

- When the physical distribution of flyers is failing, try NAIRALAND; Education Section.

- Exercise patience, do not despise the day of little beginning. Your tutorial centre can become a big school in Ikorodu.
Re: Please advice a nairalander by timawoku(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Acidosis:

- Spend some time to conduct a simple market research in your environ. Compare prices/fees, flexibility, etc.

- Identify your market. Are your prices affordable to all and sundry? If you set a high fee, and distribute flyers to the average and the poor, the end result would be 'poor.' If you target the rich, give more flyers to the rich.

- Concentrate more on PARENTS, mothers especially. Your business, owing to its nature, will boom when you relate more with mothers/wives, not fathers.

- The foregoing tells you something about your target market, more flyers should be given to mothers.

- Do you have a visible banner around your centre?

- When the physical distribution of flyers is failing, try NAIRALAND; Education Section.

- Exercise patience, do not despise the day of little beginning. Your tutorial centre can become a big school in Ikorodu.
acidosis when you know who to follow, you will get there, I thank God am following you, you have been of great help!
Re: Please advice a nairalander by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
timawoku:
acidosis when you know who to follow, you will get there, I thank God am following you, you have been of great help!
Great bro, I wish you all the best

(1) (Reply)

Collection Of Engineering Software + Tutorial / Look At D Way Ds Guy Dressed Selling Pure Water / Heartwarming! Policewoman Breastfeeds Hungry Baby Of Suspect Attending Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.