Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact (13946 Views)

FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage / Obiano Signs 17bn Golf Resort, High-Rise Projects With Pinnacle Solutions-Pix / Okonjo-Iweala In Fresh N1.17bn Alleged Fund Mismanagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by gateleo(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
The Federal Government on Thursday sealed a pact of $11m (N2.17bn) with the Japanese Government for an emergency improvement of electricity supply facilities in Abuja.

The project to be implemented by the Japanese International Cooperation Agency and the Ministry of Power is aimed at procuring and installing power capacitor banks at the existing two sub-stations in Abuja and neighboring Nasarawa state.

This, according to the agreement, would decrease the transmission loss and assist in stabilizing power supply to approximately 7,000 households within the Federal Capital Territory.

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma, signed the pact on behalf of the Federal Government while the Ambassador of Japan to Nigeria Sadanobu Kusaoke, signed on behalf of his country.

Speaking at the event, Udoma said the pact marks the process for effective implementation of the electricity supply facilities grant project by the Japanese government.

He noted that the project has been designed to support Nigeria in promoting social-economic and infrastructural development.

He said, “The sustained implementation of this project is expected to pave way for a significant access to quality socio-economic services, thereby leading to reduction in unemployment in the country and promoting community empowerment.

“The Federal Government remains committed to working closely with various stakeholders in the economy to achieve sustainable economic development.

“This ministry will ensure that we create an enabling environment required for the sustainability of this partnership.”

When asked by journalists how a padded budget was sent to the National Assembly without the ministry detecting the figures, the minister replied that such occurrence was not unusual with budget proposals.

He said the issue is currently being discussed with the National Assembly and would soon be resolved.

He said, “It (padding) is normal in a budget process. Proposals are presented, sometimes issues are on and they are sorted out. So it’s fairly routine and it shouldn’t be over emphasized.

“These are routine things which are resolved as they come up and so it’s not an issue and we are discussing amicably with the National Assembly.”

In his remarks, the Japanese envoy said Nigeria’s power sector had been one of the priorities in Japan’s development cooperation in Nigeria.

He said, “Power sector is a key to improve the quality of life for people and also to promote industry.

“Power supply is one of the determinant factors when both domestic and foreign investors decide whether or not to invest in the county.

“Our mantra is to accelerate Nigeria’s economic development by helping attract more investments by improving power sector.”

He assured that the power supply project would make the FCT more attractive to investors as well as residents living in the nation’s capital.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-seals-n2-17bn-electricity-supply-pact-with-japan/

2 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by INTROVERT(f): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Put all that money in transmission facilities.

11 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Imortal001: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by littlelion(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Is this soppose to be a news?
Are u giving us hope?

2 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hope they will not embezzle it
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Ephemmm: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Oma307:
Hope they will not embezzle it

'chop-make-I-chop-era' which was one of the hallmarks of ineffectual buffon's administration don pass: be optimistic bros.

God bless Nigeria

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Say by who? I can bet that 50% of the money will be embezzle. A cabinet that cant defend their budget
Ephemmm:

'chop-make-I-chop-era' don pass: be optimistic bros.

God bless Nigeria

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Ephemmm: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Oma307:
Say by who? I can bet that 50% of the money will be embezzle. A cabinet that cant defend their budget

While I am not here to defend the loopholes, remember that budget is just an estimation of expected revenue and expenses which cannot be 100% accurate: it is an estimation, but not certainty. When it comes to auditing and accountability, one has to defend his expenses not necessarily a budget.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by OAFMods: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Oma307:

How much % Gej chop insude the billions budgeted on power ? Did I hear you say 98% ?

9 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Timileyin008: 9:20am On Feb 12, 2016
By the time I start reading comments I will know what the message is

2 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by asEdeyHOT: 9:21am On Feb 12, 2016
If it was under the last administration

Jonathan would have divided the money into two, instruct the CBN to disburse it

Ngozi will sign it off

Dasuki will distribute it

Thank God for change

31 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Remyboyhefty(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2016
Allah
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Benjom(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2016
Let them see to it that this project is executed and not just a paper work.
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Kennywonders: 9:22am On Feb 12, 2016
Okay, waiting for this government to still give excuses after this

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Viktor1983(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2016
Electricity is our biggest problem, nice to see govt giving priority to it.
This is what we need not talks about " High Energy Biscuits ".

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by DONSMITH123(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2016
good

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by kennyman2000(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by honeymills(f): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2016
Does it mean we will have stable and cheap electrical supply? Or what is all these English and mentioning of this huge funds abt? Forget all these stuff and just supply us stable electricity. I don't av light in my area for over a week now.. Na yam? Talk d one way go sweet me joor. Upon all these no light issue, dem still dey add money on top NEPA money. Ewu pple.

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 12, 2016
That's a nice step by the FG, hope they won't embezzle half of the money....and meanwhile FG should do something concern this issue of dollar raising everyday, is affecting the price of import goods.
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by deebsman1(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2016
good 1
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by macaranta(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2016
Great move
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Remyboyhefty(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2016
BUHARI PROBLEM
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by boman2014: 9:24am On Feb 12, 2016
am lovin tis

1 Like

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by teepsee(f): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2016
Every year we hear news about electric this electric that. But what's is still what's. Poor electric supply. Tell us new news

5 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by engrjosefz(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2016
ok
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2016
Japan... At Last
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by tempest01(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2016
Have you also signed pact for transfer of technology?

Or we are always the cash cow

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by phemybof(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2016
Abuja and Nasarawa,mtcheeeww

We shld hav steady supply befor high d fees,Fashola takenote
Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Nicepoker(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Ngozi will sign it off
Thank God for change
don't count ur chicken before they are hatched

5 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by anonimi: 9:29am On Feb 12, 2016

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Elxandre(m): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Ngozi will sign it off

Thank God for change
Stop talking nonsense.

Most of the money mishandled was for the re-lection campaign.

3 Likes

Re: FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 12, 2016
Nawa ooo.... I no understand d English.... Someone should help me abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Election Compromised - Ize-iyamu / Nigeria's Economy Recovering Fast - Presidency / Security And Poverty Top The Agenda As Atiku Storms North Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.