Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:54 AM

Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. (6055 Views)

Puff Puff Vs Buns: What's The Difference? / See Buns(snack) Named "BUHARI'S HEAD" / Quality Commercial Kitchen Equipment Offer Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
I need help on how to make Nigerian buns the local Nigerian way. Don't really like the recipes on the internet. Thanks in advance.
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Cutehector(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
U dnt need to ask for help here, just go and meet the people doin it on d roadside and ask dem to teach u. Dats it.
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Don't know anyone in my area, cos no one sells it.
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by abiolert(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
its so simple. get your recipes ready I guess u already know them but in case u have forgotten here they are:
Flour(500g) half kilo.
butter
baking powder
sugar(150g) or more depending on u
egg
nutmeg(optional)
pinch of salt.
yeast
vegetable oil for deep frying.
Instructions
sieve your flour in a clean dry bowl,add your sugar,your little chunk of butter, and a half table spoon of baking powder then mix properly till it becomes brown add a little tea spoon of yeast to it and mix,then lastly add a pinch of salt. Make a wall at the center and add a cup of warm water to it and mix very well in a bowl, then leave it to rest for a while. let's say approximately 30:mins then you can now cut into sizes and begin your frying.

1 Like

Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
Mrs0J:
I need help on how to make Nigerian buns the local Nigerian way. Don't really like the recipes on the internet. Thanks in advance.

ello ma'am...I was in this same position till I found this recipe by Afrolems which I have tried out; with a wow result.

Afrolem's buns recipe
1.5 cups of flour
1/4 cup of water
A pinch of Salt
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of oil (preferably canola oil)
1/3 cup of sugar
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Mrs0J:

Hello MrsOJ...I was in this same position till I found this recipe by Afrolems which I have tried out; with a wow result.

Afrolem's buns recipe
1.5 cups of flour
1/4 cup of water
A pinch of Salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup of sugar

Method
In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar,
Add the oil and mix into the flour mix then add the water.
Whisk your egg and add to the mix. Mix till smooth and stretchy.
Heat up your oil and deep fry little portions of the flour mix.
Serve on it’s own or with tea
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
debolly:

Hello MrsOJ...I was in this same position till I found this recipe by Afrolems which I have tried out; with a wow result.

Afrolem's buns recipe
1.5 cups of flour
1/4 cup of water
A pinch of Salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup of sugar

Method
In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar,
Add the oil and mix into the flour mix then add the water.
Whisk your egg and add to the mix. Mix till smooth and stretchy.
Heat up your oil and deep fry little portions of the flour mix.
Serve on it’s own or with tea

Thank you so much, will try it out and update with pictures.
Re: Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Here's my buns, Saturday treat, very yummy.

(1) (Reply)

Teach Me How To Prepare Okpa. / Beans Lovers Come In / Name 5 Best Food You Like In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.