Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research (27418 Views)

Scientist Discovers New Gravitational Waves From Black Hole Collision / Brace Up For Hot Days, Heat Waves-NIMET Warns Nigerians / This Funny Comic Gives You A Full Explanation Of Gravitational Waves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2016
brunofarad:
Remember my lessons in EINSTEIN'S Relativity of TIME,SPACE co ordinates in a universal reference frame...back then at OAU ile ife

If you don't understand the importance of this discovery , think of it this way

There are different waves like

SoUND WAVES
LIGHT WAVES,under ELECTROMAGNECTIC WAVES

WATER WAVES
TIDAL WAVES
VIBRATIONAL WAVES ETC
Now

GRAVITATIONAL WAVES

Just like electromagnectic waves propagation makes it possible for us to send and receive radio signals,radar signals,television signals and even make and receive calls.

Gravitational waves propagation ill make it possible for objects to suspend in the vacumn or air without hitting the earth grin
It has the potential to transmit and receive matter.
Just like e can transmit and receive sound and light signals..grin

The potentials are inumerable tho

Physics is wonderful

Nice one.

Big up einstein
The greatest scientist ever

#PHYSICSmakesMENwise

Are you building?

CLICK HERE

"Transmiting and recieving matter"? Please talk more about this so i can understand better.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by olumite1234(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2016
oluface:
WHAT IS IT PLS

If you are a scientist,you should understand what it is.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Niceman4u(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2016
tasceige:

God bless you Niceman..
Most welcom Tasceige!
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2016
with this discovery, it'll be easy to design anti-gravity flying aircraft/machine without having to burn so much fossil fuel.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by erusen: 9:17am On Feb 12, 2016
Psylas:
All knowing that knew Satan would cause harm on Earth and still let him, my friend,

God must be stupid!
guy chilllax na,nor be so oh
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by happney65: 9:27am On Feb 12, 2016
yhormite:
So in the next few years u will be able to put ur things in a machine and it will transfer it from ibadan to the spot u want it to go in Lagos within 5 mins #Sciencerocks

Something like Eba. grin
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Godmann(m): 9:44am On Feb 12, 2016
[url]https://www.alumni.gla.ac.uk/NetCommunity/page.redir?target=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gla.ac.uk%2fgravitationalwaves&srcid=58939&srctid=1&erid=5504070&trid=10a182f2-f24b-4351-aa58-cce8cbbb15ca[/url]

How many people wan claim this?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by fxstory(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2016
mmm
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Ageco(m): 9:58am On Feb 12, 2016
SMH. You need help[/quote]
I need help? Can you tell me the help I need?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Bevista: 10:01am On Feb 12, 2016
MathsChic:
Haha. That? Well, I'll steer clear of physicists then. smiley
Would you advice that I steer clear of mathematicians as well? wink
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by MathsChic(f): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2016
Bevista:
Would you advice that I steer clear of mathematicians as well? wink
It was all just a joke to me. I wouldn't recommend you stay off mathematicians, or even physicists. That's a lot, a great lot, to gain from a relationship between two smart heads.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Bevista: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2016
MathsChic:
It was all just a joke to me. I wouldn't recommend you stay off mathematicians, or even physicists. That's a lot, a great lot, to gain from a relationship between two smart heads.
Of course, I didn't mean that strictly. It was only meant to be a light-hearted joke as well.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by BarryDesborough: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2016
Gravity waves do not move celestial bodies around. They are the result of movement of celestial bodies. Finding a "reference" to them in Quran is a classic case of confirmation bias, where the flimsiest scrap is used to "confirm" what you already believe. Only a very specific scientific description would hold water as evidence that the Quran foretold of a scientific discovery. This sort of idiocy gets posted all over the internet, about all sorts of scientific facts and discoveries, and just makes believers look ignorant, gullible and silly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by MathsChic(f): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2016
Bevista:
Of course, I didn't mean that strictly. It was only meant to be a light-hearted joke as well.
Pardon moi then smiley
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by WaffenSS(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2016
brunofarad:
1. Sorry it is an error of representation I meant timespece (x,y,z,t)

2. You never can tell......Even nuclear energy is still destructive yet we harness it today with the appropriate systems.

Nuclear energy is destructive only in terms of runaway radiation and uncontrolled chain reactions.

Supermassive blackholes are destructive by reason of being. The gravity waves decline to infinitesimal levels when they propagate out beyond into space.

Perhaps studying gravity waves may make us better understand Dark Energy, which if harnessed can lead to the sort of practical applications you theorized eg anti gravity, zero point energy, time contraction etc.

[/quote]
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
Always knew it was a matter of time. Not surprised at all. Einstein's prediction was quite inevitable for me. Even his works on the theory of "everything" in his later life haven't been looked at fully.

I recall writing an article in the science section of my high school's magazine about The possibility of making flying cars both functioning against gravity or using anti-gravity principle based on the then "Fictional" or "indiscernable" Gravi-waves and more.

Science is always awesome and insightful only when people learn to look @ things "wholly" and from "all possible angles".

Restriction/limitation of knowledge or views due to extreme religious thinking or extreme atheistic thinking only blinds people to the whole big picture of science.

Einstein understood this.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
MathsChic:

That's actually not a new thing. Newton (oops!) has to his credit even much more stunning predictions. But of course, it's hard to get over that Einstein pop culture.

You have no idea what you just wrote up there. Honestly trust me. I am still in awe as to how smart Einstein was. According to Neil deGrasse Tyson, he said in Einstein's equations of relativity, there was a term in his mathematical equation that he called a blunder, simply because he thought the term was physically meaningless (the term predicted that the universe will be expanding or collapsing). Few years later Edwin Hubble (he invented the hubble telescope) discovered that the universe is actually expanding. According to deGrasse Tyson, "Einstein's blunder is saying that he made a blunder". Einstein's intuition is unparalleled.

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
oluface:
WHAT IS IT PLS

its all about gravity.

There are two ways in which gravity is seen and understood. The classical Newtonian sense, and the modern Einsteinian sense.

I will start with the classical and Newtonian sense: according to Isaac Newton, gravity is that invicible force that reaches out and instantaniously grabs hold of objects and keep them in a fixed position in space. For example: the reason the solar system has the shape that it has, i.e the sun being at the center, and the planets revolving around it in orbits that are more like concentric circles, is due to the force of gravity. According to Newton, this gravitational force can be measured by the equation F = GM1M2 / r^2.

This Newton's idea of gravity stems out of his philosophical idea of space and time. According to him, space is absolute! It is not dependent on external influences. To him, Time is also absolute; it doesn't matter what the other factors are; time will always be time! I personally think that our saying that "time waits for no man", actually stems from the newtonian philosophical idea of time; that it is absolute and respects no other physical quantity.

If we were to create a cosmic catastrophe like blowing up the sun from existence, what will happen to the planets revolving aroud it like Newton understands and predicted, would be that the planets will INSTANTLY kareen off into space in a direction that is tangential to the circular orbits in which they move.

Newton sees gravity as a FORCE!

Einstein disagrees with Newton. For him, gravity is not that INSTANTANOUS force that reaches out and grabs hold of objects and keep them in positions in space. According to him, yes gravity reaches out from one object in space to another and holds it in mean position, but its just not instatanous! Einstein believes that gravity is caused by the warping and curving of the fabric of space and time; and that if we were to create that same cosmic catastrophe we created earlier, the planets will not instantanously start moving away from its orbit as soon as the sun disappears, rather it will take atleast 8mins for our planet to stop feeling the effect of the gravitational force between it and the sun which has just been blown up and doesn't exist anymore.

To make you understand better, let me explain to you what Einstein meant by "...the warping and curving of the fabric of space and time" and how he feels it's what creates the gravity that holds matter in space.

First of all, space in this sense, means an area, wether or not it is occupied by something. For example, the area around you; the "space" around you.

Now this space is three dimensional; it is three dimensional because it has three sides to it. Every object in our universe and in this world, including you, is three dimensional. You have your height, which is the vertical distance from the soles of your feet to the top of your head; you also have 'wideness' a horizontal distance from one of your shoulders across your chest to the other shoulder. Then, you have your 'thickness' which is another horizontal distance between your front, throught your side to your back. This means that you, Oluface, are a three dimensional object. Every single object you find in this world has these three dimensions too. This is why we say that space is three dimensional.

For time, time is the duration through which an event takes place. Events have starting and end point. The duration between the start of that event to the end of it, is what we call the elapsed time of the event. The only reason we can notice happenings is because of time difference. Unlike space which is three dimensional, time is one dimensional; it can either go forward or backward. And speaking from what physics can tell us, in the real physical sense, time always move in the positive direction.

Einstein likes to think of space and time as not two separate entities; he believes that space and time are condensed and bound together in a sinlge fabric he called SPACE-TIME. This means that space-time is no longer the 'pumped' thing anymore, but more like a thin clothe, hence the word "fabric".

Back to explaining the "warping and curving..." i mentioned earlier, think of your friends holding out a bedsheet by the four corners. Think that the bedsheet is space-time. Then you drop a football (sun) at the centre such that the ball digs into the bedsheet and causes a "curving" outwards. Picture a smaller ball, say a table tennis egg (earth), on the wall of the "curving" caused by the football's (sun) presence. According to Einstein, this "curving" is what causes gravity to hold both balls (sun and earth) in their positions.

In 1915, Einstein predicted that this gravity ripples out in form of waves to grab hold of objects in space. So all the things you are hearing today, is actually a real physical confirmation of his proposed theory.

Today, gravity is not a force but a wave.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by djtyrix(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is beautiful, now the question is who found or discovered it first, visit the link to find out
http://facttellers.com/who-spotted-those-gravitational-waves-first/
mcpat:
Scientists at Washington’s National Science Foundation and Moscow State University have confirmed the discovery of Albert Einstein’s gravitational waves. The breakthrough, possibly the biggest in physics in a century, could be the key to new understanding of the universe.

Recent rumors of the success in detecting gravitational waves, or as some scientists put it "very weak spacetime wiggles which propagate at the speed of light" were officially confirmed Thursday.

"Ladies and gentlemen! We have detected gravitational waves, we did it!," LIGO laboratory executive director David Reitze announced in Washington.

"These gravitational waves were produced by two colliding black holes, [that] came together, merged and formed a single black hole about 1.3 billion years ago," Reitze said.

These ripples in the fabric of spacetime are one of the most important variables in Einstein's theory of relativity and it took astronomers decades to detect them, although they were pretty sure that gravitational waves existed.

The discovery has been made with the use of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) - a system of two detectors constructed to spot tiny vibrations from passing gravitational waves. Funded by the National Science Foundation, LIGO's identical detectors are located in Livingston, Louisiana, and Hanford, Washington.

The observatories, which are "the most precise measuring device ever built," recorded a signal on September 14, 2015, "nearly simultaneously," and the signal "had a very specific characteristic," the laboratories' director said.

"As time went forward, the frequency went up," he explained, adding that it took scientists months of careful checking and analysis to confirm that what had been discovered was exactly gravitational waves.

https://www.rt.com/news/332162-gravitational-waves-discovery-announcement/

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Image123(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dekatron:
Lalasticlala, Seun, mynd44, this is a scientific milestone that even Mark Zuckerberg shared on his Facebook wall. . . Pity its not on FP yet. . . Since it wasn't Tonto dikeh or Ice prince or Olamide.

@Op :- You beat me to it.

Very soon, even a 13 year old would reject creationism. . . After 100 years that Einstein already hypothesized it, we just discovered them. . . Hmmm

#ScienceIsGod #ShameOnAfrica #EinsteinNailsItAgain #ItWillNeverMakeFP. #DeathToCreationism

Explain your folly please.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by CSTR2: 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Those in the know will agree that isaac newton was the greatest ever. Unlike einstein, he was a practical scientist with far relevant inventions and discoveries that formed the building block of modern science.
And he lived hundreds of years before einstein and didn't have the opportunity of relatively sophisticated scientific equpments, and materials that einstein enjoyed in his time.
Eistein as good as he was , is still some rungs below newton.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by ramalot(m): 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
smiley
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by sukkot: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Jimmyo3:
welcome bro your contributions breed intelligence. What did u study in school?
Salute bro. I studied electrocardiology
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by sukkot: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Interesting piece . Please please please elucidate on the bolded
cant quite figure out which one exactly you bolded. i think you made a mistake in highlighting it. but the gist of the whole thing is that there are vibratory frequencies in the atmosphere being manipulated by the ancient gods as we speak. the nephilims. this is why they also recently found the higgs boson god particle. lots of craziness has been happening. 4 new elements were just found also and added to the periodic table. point being ? the days of noah is returning
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
sukkot:
cant quite figure out which one exactly you bolded. i think you made a mistake in highlighting it. but the gist of the whole thing is that there are vibratory frequencies in the atmosphere being manipulated by the ancient gods as we speak. the nephilims. this is why they also recently found the higgs boson god particle. lots of craziness has been happening. 4 new elements were just found also and added to the periodic table. point being ? the days of noah is returning

Hmmm ... Days of Noah returning - does this point out that the second coming of Christ is at hand ? You know putting an end to the wicked
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Santi222(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
I like how Nigerians don't know what gravitational waves are.

I Also like how they think gravitational waves have just been verified when this is actually the second time. the first time, earned the physicists involved Nobel prizes.

I Also like how Nigerians are surprised that Einstein could have made a Hundred year prediction that turned out right. when scientists have been doing this since the inception of time.

from Kepler predicting solar eclipse for future decades, Poincaré's conjecture, to Fermat's last theorem. which actually spanned 350+ years, The prediction of thousands of atomic particles not excluding the Higgs boson that was recently discovered, antimatter, Entire Atomic table! down to the color and shapes. so on, Riemann's hypothesis which has been verified for the first 40 million numbers, the predictions of Ray Kurzweil, Isaac Asimov, michio Kaku, which have all turned out right.

Your pastors make yearly, Vague "prophesies" and you lot swoon over it, and most of the time, they don't come to pass! Yet, scientists make incredibly specific, concrete predictions spanning several decades to centuries, and you are all like . . . Scientist are still inferior to my pastor. angry

Anyway. I'll enjoy the Ignorance while it lasts....
Just because u managed to read a few books and know who Kepler is doesn't mean shit, OK?

Scientists are humble...They don't make fun of peoples ignorance.

Not every Nigerian studied physics.

cc Dekatron, johnydon22, hahn.

Shut the Bleep up there....What are you feeling like?
Enjoying Nigerians ignorance while it lasts...
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Santi222(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
I like how Nigerians don't know what gravitational waves are.

I Also like how they think gravitational waves have just been verified when this is actually the second time. the first time, earned the physicists involved Nobel prizes.

I Also like how Nigerians are surprised that Einstein could have made a Hundred year prediction that turned out right. when scientists have been doing this since the inception of time.

from Kepler predicting solar eclipse for future decades, Poincaré's conjecture, to Fermat's last theorem. which actually spanned 350+ years, The prediction of thousands of atomic particles not excluding the Higgs boson that was recently discovered, antimatter, Entire Atomic table! down to the color and shapes. so on, Riemann's hypothesis which has been verified for the first 40 million numbers, the predictions of Ray Kurzweil, Isaac Asimov, michio Kaku, which have all turned out right.

Your pastors make yearly, Vague "prophesies" and you lot swoon over it, and most of the time, they don't come to pass! Yet, scientists make incredibly specific, concrete predictions spanning several decades to centuries, and you are all like . . . Scientist are still inferior to my pastor. angry

Anyway. I'll enjoy the Ignorance while it lasts....
Just because u managed to read a few books and know who Kepler is doesn't mean shit, OK?

Scientists are humble...They don't make fun of peoples ignorance.

Not every Nigerian studied physics.

cc Dekatron, johnydon22, hahn.

Enjoying Nigerians ignorance while it lasts... Nonsense.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Santi222:

Enjoying Nigerians ignorance while it lasts...

what sort of question is this?

I think I also saw one part where you asserted that scientists are humble . . . you DO realize that the only thing that makes people scientists is them actually studying science, right? and that it has nothing to do with whether they are proud or not?
Knowing that, don't you feel extremely uneducated to make such inaccurate generalizations?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by ogaprime(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
Psylas:
who created other planets...?

where is heaven?

In the beginning, God created the heaven (including everything that is in space, all planets and stars and galaxies) and the earth.

To you mr atheist, it's better to believe in God and to find out no God after death than for you to say no God now and to find out there is God later after death.

Have you asked yourself this question, if the human race came by through the scientist creation theory, why haven't such creation theory repeated itself??
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Psylas(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
ogaprime:

In the beginning, God created the heaven (including everything that is in space, all planets and stars and galaxies) and the earth.

To you mr atheist, it's better to believe in God and to find out no God after death than for you to say no God now and to find out there is God later after death.

Have you asked yourself this question, if the human race came by through the scientist creation theory, why haven't such creation theory repeated itself??

what do you really meant by heaven? what makes these differents from Earth " (including everything that is in space, all planets and stars and galaxies)" don't tell me other planets, stars, galaxies satellites, asteroids etc are the heaven(s) you are going

I must have a reason to believe in God,

how long can you live on Earth to witness changes that take thousands or millions of years to happen? OK I dey come
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by BrutusOj(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
craziebone:

its all about gravity.

There are two ways in which gravity is seen and understood. The classical Newtonian sense, and the modern Einsteinian sense.

I will start with the classical and Newtonian sense: according to Isaac Newton, gravity is that invicible force that reaches out and instantaniously grabs hold of objects and keep them in a fixed position in space. For example: the reason the solar system has the shape that it has, i.e the sun being at the center, and the planets revolving around it in orbits that are more like concentric circles, is due to the force of gravity. According to Newton, this gravitational force can be measured by the equation F = GM1M2 / r^2.

This Newton's idea of gravity stems out of his philosophical idea of space and time. According to him, space is absolute! It is not dependent on external influences. To him, Time is also absolute; it doesn't matter what the other factors are; time will always be time! I personally think that our saying that "time waits for no man", actually stems from the newtonian philosophical idea of time; that it is absolute and respects no other physical quantity.

If we were to create a cosmic catastrophe like blowing up the sun from existence, what will happen to the planets revolving aroud it like Newton understands and predicted, would be that the planets will INSTANTLY kareen off into space in a direction that is tangential to the circular orbits in which they move.

Newton sees gravity as a FORCE!

Einstein disagrees with Newton. For him, gravity is not that INSTANTANOUS force that reaches out and grabs hold of objects and keep them in positions in space. According to him, yes gravity reaches out from one object in space to another and holds it in mean position, but its just not instatanous! Einstein believes that gravity is caused by the warping and curving of the fabric of space and time; and that if we were to create that same cosmic catastrophe we created earlier, the planets will not instantanously start moving away from its orbit as soon as the sun disappears, rather it will take atleast 8mins for our planet to stop feeling the effect of the gravitational force between it and the sun which has just been blown up and doesn't exist anymore.

To make you understand better, let me explain to you what Einstein meant by "...the warping and curving of the fabric of space and time" and how he feels it's what creates the gravity that holds matter in space.

First of all, space in this sense, means an area, wether or not it is occupied by something. For example, the area around you; the "space" around you.

Now this space is three dimensional; it is three dimensional because it has three sides to it. Every object in our universe and in this world, including you, is three dimensional. You have your height, which is the vertical distance from the soles of your feet to the top of your head; you also have 'wideness' a horizontal distance from one of your shoulders across your chest to the other shoulder. Then, you have your 'thickness' which is another horizontal distance between your front, throught your side to your back. This means that you, Oluface, are a three dimensional object. Every single object you find in this world has these three dimensions too. This is why we say that space is three dimensional.

For time, time is the duration through which an event takes place. Events have starting and end point. The duration between the start of that event to the end of it, is what we call the elapsed time of the event. The only reason we can notice happenings is because of time difference. Unlike space which is three dimensional, time is one dimensional; it can either go forward or backward. And speaking from what physics can tell us, in the real physical sense, time always move in the positive direction.

Einstein likes to think of space and time as not two separate entities; he believes that space and time are condensed and bound together in a sinlge fabric he called SPACE-TIME. This means that space-time is no longer the 'pumped' thing anymore, but more like a thin clothe, hence the word "fabric".

Back to explaining the "warping and curving..." i mentioned earlier, think of your friends holding out a bedsheet by the four corners. Think that the bedsheet is space-time. Then you drop a football (sun) at the centre such that the ball digs into the bedsheet and causes a "curving" outwards. Picture a smaller ball, say a table tennis egg (earth), on the wall of the "curving" caused by the football's (sun) presence. According to Einstein, this "curving" is what causes gravity to hold both balls (sun and earth) in their positions.

In 1915, Einstein predicted that this gravity ripples out in form of waves to grab hold of objects in space. So all the things you are hearing today, is actually a real physical confirmation of his proposed theory.

Today, gravity is not a force but a wave.
I enjoyed. ur write up, but the last line ' gravity is not a force but a wave' are u saying there is no longer the force called gravity? Cos I we have electromagnetic waves and electromagnetic force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno / Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.