Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) (35999 Views)

Students 'Tied To Cross And Whipped' In Ogun For Being Late / Enugu Police Arrest Primary School Students For Not Doing Assignments(pics) / 8-Year-Old Pupil Arrested In Ogun For Reporting His Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Kazrem(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
The school should not only be closed down but also the teacher should be charged for child abuse. Haba! That's too much.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Exponental(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Op, pls keep us informed when the school has been sealed.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by JoeBlocks(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
He was flogged right? That is from the picture seen. Well, I'll want to know why the parents didn't make it their business that their child did his assignment. I still wonder why parents will cry wolf when punishment is meted out to their kids, when its very obvious that their kids have erred. Mind you, I'll want to say before the teacher went ahead to flog this child the way he did, he must have shown the habit of not doing his homework.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by IAmTobore(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
osesology:
This might be `transfered aggression'. The teacher probably had a bad day at home and decided to come and vent it on the students. But this one the proprietress is boasting like a woman possesed, some big brothers never way-lay her for road before, abi? ok na, there's always a ``first time'' to everything.
Bad guy!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Angelou(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Islie:

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2016/02/brutality-in-ogun-school10-year-old-boy.html
why didn't you people inquire about the offence the lad committed before such punishment was given to him..
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by SolexxBarry(m): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
What do u expect wen teachers are owed 3 months salary or above,the aggression was transferred on d poor kid cry

Na dis kind tin make me trow poo for my maths teacher body grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by K9blunt(f): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Thats how my back was in jss3.
This brings back memories

As in eh, me don chop cane like say na candy primary and junior secondary school.

Ayaf suffered!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
The whip didn't kill Kunta Kinte,i see no reason why it should kill you. Now you will ALWAYS do your homework.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by dosden: 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
this type of training not torture made me remember my Headmaster and Principal. They were very good at designing students back creatively if you failed to do your assignment or came late to school. This is what is missing in schools nowadays that makes students to misbehave. Even my late father (a teacher) used to design our back like that, but today we are reaping the results positively. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by canDy4eva(f): 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Brandnew2:

Aren't Nigerian teachers frustrated?
my dear dey r! Esp dos in local schz...
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by olumalcolm(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
linearity:

That is how we grew up and learned in Nigeria then and we are better for it.

In fact, it came to a point that, we mastered various methods of enduring those canes without showing any sign and emotions and after the ordeal, look at how your fellow guys and girls will be congratulating you to the disdain of the teacher, sometimes the teacher will even be feeling shameful if we did not show any emotions despite their best efforts.

I got lots of bragging rights then, today's kids are aja butter, imagine how no one is talking about the kid's failure to do his assigment, even the bible said; spare the rod and spoil the child.
nobody said dey shuld spare d rod bt dis is too much 4 a ten year old child. If any teacher try dis wit my bro or my kid,he or she will surely hv enof pple to beat.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by banmee(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
linearity:

In fact, it came to a point that, we mastered various methods of enduring those canes without showing any sign and emotions and after the ordeal, look at how your fellow guys and girls will be congratulating you to the disdain of the teacher, sometimes the teacher will even be feeling shameful if we did not show any emotions despite their best efforts.

I got lots of bragging rights then, today's kids are aja butter, imagine how no one is talking about the kid's failure to do his assigment, even the bible said; spare the rod and spoil the child.

Lol. . .he said "we are better for it". You must be living under a rock. Have you looked around your society lately? This is one of the reasons Nigerians are so used to gore and violence. Also why it is so easy to burn another human being on the streets. Brute force is a solution for everything. Paddling a child to this extent is a sign of poor problem solving skills and laziness. The teacher could not put forth a little effort to solve the problem with mental energy. And "spare the rod and spoil the child", does not mean flog the child to death. How has it improved Nigeria's society? It's getting worse by the day. Please come and do that shiit in America or Europe; you'll spend the next 10 years in jail.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by canDy4eva(f): 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
linearity:

my dear, uv gotten it all wrong k! Dat type of treatment wz ment for slaves if u check dwn history. Only "aniimals" r given such treatment n as a mata of fact, 2day in d developed world, animals also hv ryts which hz brot abt d "animal police" dat r ment to arrest any1 who is found guilty of any act dat violates animal ryts.
Again such treatment brings about "withdrawal" in a child n I stand to say dat wen a child is withdrawn, learnin cn neva take place. *trust me*
If a child fails to do der home work, d parents should b invited along side d pupil or student n d issue trashed *n as a mata of fact, all schz should hv a GNC unit*. 4 a child nt to do his or her home work, somtin must b rong! Its d "somtin" datz rong dat should b handled n neva d chiildz body.
Let me also correct u, d bible sayz we should nt spear d rod abi? Now wot makes u tink dat d rod z nt "iron" Y nt use an iron to alwayz hit a chind wen u "feel" u want to correct a child. My dear dnt b fooled, d rod is neva a cane, ok!
Lastly... Dnt eva flog a child over his or her mistakes *itz totaly rong*, flog a child over der disobidence!!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by canDy4eva(f): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
PresVA:
That's inhumane. ..

But why didn't he do his assignment?
d boy dint do his homework because while d teacher wz teachin, he or she dint "evaluate" d class as to knw if "learnin" wz actually takin place! My dear if learnin dint take place den 4get it cos dez notin d child could do! Itz dat simple. Dat flogin wz d teachers way of hidin his or her shame of nt ensurin dat , "effective" teachin n learnin took place!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by door2(m): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
I guess uncle jide attended ijebu ode grammar sch. Where ur teacher flog u and tell u not to come to sch tomorrow. Lol upjogs.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by canDy4eva(f): 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
adefizzy:
Spare the rod and spoil the child. This is no big deal.
how dear u say such! Dat a child is brutally handled z nt a big deal R u sick! If I were d parents, I will sue dat sch!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by canDy4eva(f): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
banmee:

Lol. . .he said "we are better for it". You must be living under a rock. Have you looked around your society lately? This is one of the reasons Nigerians are so used to gore and violence. Also why it is so easy to burn another human being on the streets. Brute force is a solution for everything. Paddling a child to this extent is a sign of poor problem solving skills and laziness. The teacher could not put forth a little effort to solve the problem with mental energy. And "spare the rod and spoil the child", does not mean flog the child to death. How has it improved Nigeria's society? It's getting worse by the day. Please come and do that shiit in America or Europe; you'll spend the next 10 years in jail.
seconded!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by adefizzy(m): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
canDy4eva:
how dear u say such! Dat a child is brutally handled z nt a big deal R u sick! If I were d parents, I will sue dat sch!

Well, I'm nt sick, bt unfortunately, you are nt d parent so calm ur flexing muscle.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Kadiri08(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
The teacher took the correct measure to the extreme.
But why the Pikin nor write his homework?
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by adegbayisco: 12:08am On Feb 12, 2016
I remember Mr Fo'ka ( Ambobe) in st-judes ebute metta then. Dem no born u well.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by britiko: 12:41am On Feb 12, 2016
linearity:

What do u mean that no one is talking about the kids failure to do his assignment?. And please stop quoting d bible in the wrong context.

What happens if the child had slumped and died while the teacher was at it? He would av been charged to court and found guilty of murder and perhaps killed also. At least the same Bible tells us that he who kills by sword shall die by the sword. Also An eye for an Eye.

Let's stop being sentimental and face the problem. The flogging is just too much. The teachers act is barbaric and should not be condoned. What happens to him giving him more homework to keep him busy during the weekend or stop him from going out during break/recess at school whill his class mates are playing or relaxing. There are lots of ways to punish a kid and not putting a life time scar on their body.

No teacher dare does this to my child. He would blame himself for life.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 12, 2016
Islie:

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2016/02/brutality-in-ogun-school10-year-old-boy.html

Stupid teacher. Venting his life frustration on a 10 years old. He is lucky that they are in Nigeria, if it happened here in NZ or in some countries,, he would be cooling his head in prison for some years.

This is what you get when you employ people who have no passion for teaching but are just doing it because it is the available job.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by ironkurtain(m): 3:54am On Feb 12, 2016
I went through this sh!t in my high school days. But any teacher that tries that on my kid, I will hit the school and murder his ass infront of other teachers.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:45am On Feb 12, 2016
linearity:

Of course you will support the torture of a kid with a medieval book!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by dominusgai(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2016
The problem is, nigerians just act stupid at times. If not for the floggin given to people. They would have been worse for it. Nigerian parents of these days spend less dan 4 hours with their kids, put all the child training on the teachers and expect the teacher not to use the cane, that is stupidity. And ur kind might not even be able to handle the children during holidays, and cannot wait for school to resume before sending ur child to school. I can comfortably say that children of this generation will have it rough because they are highly disrespectful and they are not disciplined. Look at the marks. Do u really believe this was done because a child did not do his homework once. As one person said previously, the child would have a pepetual habit of not doing his homework. And for those always trying to put the blame of not doing the home work on the teacher. How foolish of u. U are the kind that will find excuses for children that goes to steal. The parents that cannot ensure their child do their home work is as irresponsible as the child and has shown that they don't check the childs note after school. I for one cannot take my child to a school they don't flog. And I will stand by this word, if not for flogging, nigeria would have been worse than it is. Or just tell me, what do u think will be the solution for a child that does not do the homework regularly. Won't u be the first to complain if the child fails at the end of the term
ironkurtain:

I went through this sh!t in my high school days. But any teacher that tries that on my kid, I will hit the school and murder his ass infront of other teachers.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by billy187(m): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2016
Swissheart:
Wickedness at its peak. Teachers flogging students like they are frustrated.
Remove the 'like' from your statement and insert 'because.'
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by egee(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2016
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL @ THE teacher
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by dominusgai(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2016
That book u call medival has always been correct and if nigerians follow that book they would be way better than this. USA grew because their founding fathers followed the books and the are dying because their modern generation is regecting that book
GeneralShepherd:

Of course you will support the torture of a kid with a medieval book!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by dominusgai(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2016
I take it u have never tought in ur life. Ur type has probably never even assisted a child in doing homework. If u have u would have known that dat amount of floging was not given to d boy for failing to do one day homework, but has the habit of not doing his homework. But ur type being lazy would not have bothered to check if the child did his homework. But y wud u, wen u can always blame the teacher for ur childs failure. As it is only ur child that is in the class
canDy4eva:
d boy dint do his homework because while d teacher wz teachin, he or she dint "evaluate" d class as to knw if "learnin" wz actually takin place! My dear if learnin dint take place den 4get it cos dez notin d child could do! Itz dat simple. Dat flogin wz d teachers way of hidin his or her shame of nt ensurin dat , "effective" teachin n learnin took place!
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by taemilola(f): 8:45am On Feb 12, 2016
I'm not against teacher beating my kids, but if I can see a single mark on their bodies, I will explain to the so called teacher how I gave birth to each of them.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by Swissheart(f): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2016
linearity:

..... there are so many reasons why a child won't do his assignments... The worst is laziness, still that does not amount to this barbaric, inhuman and frustrated method of correction. Either a child is scolded or stroked... .it should be done outta love and not hatred and torture. I am a teacher and every good teacher knows corporal punishment is just one outta million ways to correct. What happens to sitting him down during break while others go out to play... ... You'll pity the sober face eventually and he will be remorseful. I do not take it easy on students who fault on doing of assignments, I encroach into their own time. In govt owned schools you dare not do this to a child, because only the principal is allowed to flog and if you will it mustn't be more than 3 mild strokes which mustn't leave a mark.
Re: Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) by henrybomb(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Times JAMB Caught Candidates Who Falsified Their UTME Results / Jambites In Nasarawa Staying Outside By 12:20am For Registration / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.