Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes (26734 Views)

Buhari, Saraki, Gauck At Banquet Dinner (Photos) / Buhari Receives Gauck, President Of Germany At The State House (photos) / Joachim Gauck Visits Ambode (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by Gbawe: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
olajizz01:
I watched it on NTA as well,that was saner country's president giving us valueable advises in which a country who plunged into this pathetic situation can use to solve the problem,but some Nigerians are so useless to the fact that they will be shouting tyrany govt just because they are product of corruption and it will affect them one way or the other including our compromised judges.

Don't mind them. The whole world is disgusted by our situation and how corruption is destroying Nigeria. They cannot seem to understand why we alone seem to have allowed the law, created to help man, to become an instrument the rich and powerful use to escape justice in Nigeria. The law has become an impediment to the fight against corruption in Nigeria and this leader is simply asking us to be 'innovative' and think outside the box or, in a defeatist manner, continue allowing the corrupt to keep using their wealth and influence to loot our commonwealth to the detriment of Nigeria.

The entire universe saw how a Nigerian court disgracefully 'acquitted' Ibori of over 100 charges yet same man was jailed in the UK after being found guilty of 15 out of 18 charges. As if we do not know that those objecting to what the German president suggests are mainly PDP/GEJ/IPOB sympathisers and enemies of Nigeria. Which sane and normal Nigerian is not fed up of what corruption is doing to us and how its practitioners continue to use their wealth and influence to remain untouchable. Let the jailing begin pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse. By the time two or three top names go to jail for 20 years each the rest will be rushing to cooperate and the enemies of Nigeria will have no option but to shut there sadistic mouths and stop disturbing us with nonsense talk of "tyranny" and "human rights".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by ibisko04: 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
talktimi:
I understand what you mean but the reason why we practice the rule of law is so that we don't turn into a lawless society. In this case if a govt decides to use "illegal means" to fight corruption, it could quickly lead to despotism in the sense that the term and scope of "illegality" hasn't and cannot be clearly defined . You'll therefore create an extremely powerful tyrant (think Idi Amin, Mussolini, Hitler et al) who'll use the garb of corruption fighting to haunt down and most certainly kill opponents and ANY other dissenting voice. Now the onus is on we the citizenry to ask for judicial reforms and empowerment of the anti corruption agencies to fast track corruption cases. Reforms should also include commensurate punishments for different levels of corruption. This is a no brainer

I agree with your observation and analysis. But the situation of things pertaining to corruptions cases made me think about going extremely tough on the thieves.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by slyng(m): 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
How i wish jack bauer is a nigerian workin with efcc/dss
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by olajizz01(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Gbawe:

Don't mind them. The whole world is disgusted by our situation and how corruption is destroying Nigeria. They cannot seem to understand why we alone seem to have allowed the law, created to help man, to become an instrument the rich and powerful use to escape justice in Nigeria. The law has become an impediment to the fight against corruption in Nigeria and this leader is simply asking us to be 'innovative' and think outside the box or, in a defeatist manner, continue allowing the corrupt to keep using their wealth and influence to loot our commonwealth to the detriment of Nigeria.

The entire universe saw how a Nigerian court disgracefully 'acquitted' Ibori of over 100 charges yet same man was jailed in the UK after being found guilty of 15 out of 18 charges. As if we do not know that those objecting to what the German president suggests are mainly PDP/GEJ/IPOB sympathisers and enemies of Nigeria. Which sane and normal Nigerian is not fed up of what corruption is doing to us and how its practitioners continue to use their wealth and influence to remain untouchable. Let the jailing begin pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse. By the time two or three top names go to jail for 20 years each the rest will be rushing to cooperate and the enemies of Nigeria will have no option but to shut there sadistic mouths and stop disturbing us with nonsense talk of "tyranny" and "human rights".
You can say that again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by blazetitov: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Gbawe:

Only for the same Ibori to be convicted of 15 out of 18 charges in the UK !!! Thank you for this perfect example that highlights what is wrong with Nigeria and why Buhari must be *ahem* 'innovative' to bring looters to book. The tragedy is that Nigerians are now appearing a fraudlulent people before the world , to the extent the German President had to wade in and urge us to 'get on with it', because it seems it is the same people impoverished by the looting of Dasuki, Metuh, Tompolo et al who are now holding brief for those characters. Buhari has his work cut out for him and I can see why he made the comment about Nigerians being viewed as criminals. No non-Nigerian will come to Nairaland, view our comments and not leave believing most of us are comfortable with and even supportive of the corruption killing our nation.

God bless you for that statement. We have followership problems in the country.

1 Like

Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by talktimi(m): 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
ibisko04:

I agree with your observation and analysis. But the situation of things pertaining to corruptions cases made me think about going extremely tough on the thieves.
let me allow you in on a secret, there's NO CORRUPTION WAR GOING ON quote me anywhere. The only thing happening now is that the administration as a new government is consolidating it's hold on power by ruffling feathers of those powerful enough to cause it problems. Right now it's only negotiations and compromises that are taking place, these people (APC/PDP leadership) are all club members who know where they meet. I can say it to Buhari's face that if he really really needed convictions, the incriminating documents are already on his table even his own case files from his tenure in the military as minister etc. Do not underestimate even the police that we ridicule here everyday talk less of the DSS. We should only support this administration for the peace of this nation but not unto turning into a tyrant/dictatorship

1 Like

Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by Sam32(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
tuale4u:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/198317-boko-haram-eu-donates-50-million-nigeria.html
is that not what Buhari's administration has been doing, disobeying court orders and likes
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by donodion(m): 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
tuale4u:
desperate times require desperate measures
simple.." use spies to retrieve critical Information"... dazzzal.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by donodion(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
Gbawe:

na so my broda..na so...PMB must carry on without distractions from wailers..besides what can they do besides wailing and barking? grin grin grin
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by wislika2015: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
tuale4u:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/198317-boko-haram-eu-donates-50-million-nigeria.html

Sometime I tired for commentators here, the german president said they use illegal means to track the money and mind you he is just lying since no european countries looted money out of their country.

But in the case of nigerians, we looted and wired abroad which made it more difficult to track. A lot nigerians funds are in germany why can't he advice on how to track those fund and return back to us. I bet you guys if cares is not taking PMB will take his two tenure to track those fund and he not even receive any looted fund from those wicked foreign countries. I rest my case.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by wislika2015: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
tuale4u:

Sometime I tired for commentators here, the german president said they use illegal means to track the money and mind you he is just lying since no european countries looted money out of their country.

But in the case of nigerians, we looted and wired abroad which made it more difficult to track. A lot of Nigeria funds are in germany why can't he advice on how to track those fund and return back to us. I bet you guys if cares is not taking PMB will take his two tenure to track those fund and he may not even receive any looted fund from those wicked foreign countries. I rest my case.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by iaatmguy(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
talktimi:
and have the legal options available been exhausted ? Be careful what you support or advocate
sometimes one needs to apply unconventional means, cos corrupt folks will roundtrip the rule of law
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by LaExpert: 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Any example of the 'illegal means?'

Someone is lost here
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by miomio(f): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Walexsammy:
am very much in support on using 'whatever' means to recover our loot back, and 'if' ure a true Nigerian, u'll definitely support this sentiment

my dear if whatever means you mean is illegal it is tantamount to corruption. then when a corrupt means is applied in fighting corruption d applier is also corrupt.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by mikolo80: 3:53am On Feb 13, 2016
CyberWolf:
Did I hear illegal? ... But we have enough legal means to get the money back na.. undecided
like which ones?
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by nijanigga: 5:19am On Feb 13, 2016
Lalalala, everybody knows that Nigerians are notorious in crime.Say anything you want, it's real.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 13, 2016
Gbawe:

U are blessed
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by oduastates: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
oduastates:
Yes he said illegal.
Pay a disgruntled banker in one of those secret banks to reveal the list of Nigerian thieves and unpatriotic baboons .

[b]According to a report by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, Heinrich Kieber, a bank computer technician,[11] sold a CD with incriminating bank information to the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND, English: Federal Intelligence Service), which handed the material over to the tax investigation office in Wuppertal.[12] Kieber was paid €4.2 million by the Federal Ministry of Finance for the data on which the investigation is based.[2] Facing death threats, the informant is currently in hiding and has asked for police protection.[13] Kieber is wanted by Interpol.[14] The Wall Street Journal indicated on February 19, 2008, the name of the informant who apparently lives now in Australia and had sold the data to tax ministries of a number of countries, including the USA.[2]

A number of raids were conducted in Hamburg, Munich, Frankfurt and other cities. Several banks were searched including Bankhaus Metzler, the Hauck & Aufhäuser bank, Dresdner Bank, UBS in Munich and the Berenberg Bank in Hamburg.[9][15] In the meantime revenue offices also noted a higher number of voluntary self-incriminations - this will avoid or reduce punitive damages - for possible tax evasions by people with financial assets in Liechtenstein.[16] [/b]
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
nijanigga:
Lalalala, everybody knows that Nigerians are notorious in crime.Say anything you want, it's real.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by yongg: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
robinhood mode about to get activated!
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by divineappo(m): 2:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
tuale4u:

Gauck wants buhari to adopt the "Jack Bauer approach" i.e. Arrest those who stole, detain them without following due process of the law, suspend protocols in their case, Torture them hard till they confess where the money is located. I love this man Gauck. He is a real Jack Bauer. I support the "Jack Bauer approach"
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by tritt(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
olajizz01:
The vote u couldn't used to retained your ogogoro master when he was in the helms of affair,u are now using your inconsequential vote to threating sitting president,you are a clown.

That is the problem with all this quota system people on this forum....I guess you dnt even hav a nepa certificate like ur dullard. Why do u chose to expose ur illiteracy by responding wit such...."THE VOTE U COULDN'T USED TO RETAINED.......WTF!!!!!!
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by tritt(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
olajizz01:
The vote u couldn't used to retained your ogogoro master when he was in the helms of affair,u are now using your inconsequential vote to threating sitting president,you are a clown.

I wonder if you're a graduate, undergraduate, corper or i don't even know. If you can't type correctly then activate the auto correct on your phone. Why i'm i even bordered....you might not know the meaning of auto-correct. Go for English classes boy!!
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by olajizz01(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
tritt:

I wonder if your a graduate, undergraduate, corper or i don't even know. If you can't type correctly then activate the auto correct on your phone. Why i'm i even bordered....you might not know the meaning of auto-correct. Go for English classes boy!!
linguist,go back to your post and see your stupidity from what u wrote,(i wonder if your a graduate)is that a correct english,i wonder the university u went to, you need an apartment at aro or yaba left ,you have quoted me on this particular post,i negleted your rant because you are a mad dog.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by tritt(m): 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
olajizz01:
linguist,go back to your post and see your stupidity from what u wrote,(i wonder if your a graduate)is that a correct english,i wonder the university u went to, you need an apartment at aro or yaba left ,you have quoted me on this particular post,i negleted your rant because you are a mad dog.

Ahhhh you're such u Dundee. Its called typo not the gibberish you put here. I know say e dey pain you bt no b ur fault na skool wey u go.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by olajizz01(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
tritt:

Ahhhh you're such u Dundee. Its called typo not the gibberish you put here. I know say e dey pain you bt no b ur fault na skool wey u go.
Mr ITK,typo error or what,i think u are a superman who above mistake, your stupidity know no bounds,i showed u just to let u know that holy God is perfect,next time, try to be civil.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by olajizz01(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
tritt:

O boy,remove that ('u' from u Dundee and replace it with 'A')its meaningless.Useless man forming superman.
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by tritt(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2016
olajizz01:
Mr ITK,typo error or what,i think u are a superman who above mistake, your stupidity know no bounds,i showed u just to let u know that holy God is perfect,next time, try to be civil.
Mugu its only God not Holy.....
Re: Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes by tritt(m): 9:18am On Mar 03, 2016
olajizz01:
O boy,remove that ('u' from u Dundee and replace it with 'A')its meaningless.Useless man forming superman.
Dats y your still U dundee...its called sacarsm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati / South-East Roads Need Urgent Attention – Osinbajo / The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.