Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London (37081 Views)

James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 7:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Free Ibori, the best governor delta state ever produced.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by wirinet(m): 7:43am On Feb 12, 2016
See propaganda. So the British police was compromised and ibori is innocent, but he pleaded guilty and received a reduced sentence. So they are telling us ibori pleaded guilty under duress.
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by ubah84(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2016
Redoil:
Apc which way
see mumu. wetin concern apc with ibori? ibori was jailed during pdp regime
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 8:02am On Feb 12, 2016
Thieving billionaires like Atiku and Obj sit and dine with our President while Ibori the lion of Delta, the man who brought electricity, foreign investors, employment and also tared the roads in my thick village is sent to rot in Britain...

I Dey London Dey enjoy steady electricity while my mum who is a teacher in ugbolu village in Delta (oyel money) state hasn't had power for Over 1 year, what a shame... It wouldn't have ever happened in the time of the odidigborigbo of africa.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2016
wirinet:
See propaganda. So the British police was compromised and ibori is innocent, but he pleaded guilty and received a reduced sentence. So they are telling us ibori pleaded guilty under duress.

They are saying his arrest and prosecution was a set up by the powers that be (Nigerian and British Government) he was a rising star in Nigeria's politics, they had to cut him down..

The truth of the matter is that the man worked and loved his people, Obj and Atiku would never know what that means.. Obj slept with his sons wife for god's sake!!!
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 8:14am On Feb 12, 2016
sayyid:
so white people too they collect yam?

Na dem collect pass for the whole world
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Abidex35(m): 8:20am On Feb 12, 2016
iwadobo:
don't worry, u will hear am soon .lol.

I just hope so
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by wellmax(m): 8:33am On Feb 12, 2016
Kompressor:

Kindly keep shut
Kindly grow up
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by truthspeaks: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2016
It will sweet if he can be arrested frm airport. BT dnt be surprised if his ppl organize a lavish reception
edupedia:

...my broda the asses think Nigerians are donkeys like them...no shame at all...all this useless propaganda can only work in FIDIFI Nigeria not now...when the crook lands in Nigeria he will answer to other crimes he has not yet been convicted of...SAI BABA!
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by truthspeaks: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2016
R u sure he ddnt loot part of ur future grin
247notire:
You have zero say in the scheme of things you know, you can only rant online tongue
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by yunnyp(m): 8:46am On Feb 12, 2016
he has been released from prison since January and they rearrest him.
try and follow the case from the beginning....
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by iambabaG: 8:49am On Feb 12, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:
It is not by force to comment on every post.

Your comment shows that you neither understand nor have a faint idea of what the original OP what saying.

Reading without understanding is a big SHAME.

It is a bigger shame when you think you have made a point and in actual sense made none.. I don't belong to that category. I book space, read the WHOLE article and comment adequately
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2016
ohenhen1:

This must be a joke.

Paddy the joke is on your ignorance... Ibori is corrupt yet he worked 100% more for his people than Lucky Igbinedion, Emmanuel Oduagha and almost evey other Nigerian Governor. Yet they all walk free and he is in jail... Who be mumu?
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by bijelee(m): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2016
It is the same Ibori that admitted guilty, was jailed with his wife, sister, lawyer and financial adviser. Abeg this kinda stories shouldn't make FP. Rubbish
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by MVLOX(m): 9:05am On Feb 12, 2016
Later pple will say Buhari is witch haunting pple....shabi na him do dis 1 nw so....
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by 247notire(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2016
truthspeaks:
R u sure he ddnt loot part of ur future grin
My future has never and will never be dependent on the Nigerian government. I determine my own future...
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by evadreams(f): 9:30am On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:
Thieving billionaires like Atiku and Obj sit and dine with our President while Ibori the lion of Delta, the man who brought electricity, foreign investors, employment and also tared the roads in my thick village is sent to rot in Britain...

I Dey London Dey enjoy steady electricity while my mum who is a teacher in ugbolu village in Delta (oyel money) state hasn't had power for Over 1 year, what a shame... It wouldn't have ever happened in the time of the odidigborigbo of africa.

Tell them... Ibori is the best governor Delta ever produced. we r still enjoying the benefits. free Ibori!

1 Like

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Leopantro: 9:36am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetgala:

Every reasoning would conclude she was a beneficiary be it known or unknown of the proceeds of crime. Conscience would state that she is best to avoid such public office, there is yet to be an apology from Ibori and his family for the corruption which devalued the lives of the citizenry of the state.

There are people in that community who I'm sure are interested in service and are more deserving of that position than she.

Time to take back your honour , respect and stop being a political prostitute

On the contrary I don't respect her or her family. I recall a billboard I saw in asaba two years ago celebrating his birthday while he was still in prison. I also recall a birthday party thrown for him that was well attended while he was still in prison. It shows the kind of myopic and backwards reasoning his community has.

You don't even need to visit delta state to witness such backwards reasoning. Here's an example
evadreams:

Tell them... Ibori is the best governor Delta ever produced. we r still enjoying the benefits. free Ibori!

Why request for good governance when his people reason like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by dickoflife(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2016
Ur missing the point.. From th and not that before the man is arrested or tried we already pay upfront its like paying them to convict him. Just my opinion.
greenpasture:
Nigerians can be gullible. It is standard practice that the Crowns costs are met from proceeds of crime in a case like this. In spite of this, the report might have sounded more credible if it had not been released by the Ibori media team themselves. I've been searching for independent corroboration of this earth shattering news. Nada, zilch, nothing.

Wonder where they are going with this?
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by owumzy(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2016
Na Goodluck Jonathan handwork na
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 10:48am On Feb 12, 2016
Archiq:
Abeg make una leave Ibori now. At least no be him sabi steal pass. Other governors dey where corrupt pass Ibori.
evadreams:

U no see how stewpid una dey u know he is corrupt yet u dimwits are canvassing for his release on d basis dt he is not as corrupt as other politicians..senseless logic indeed. If ur flawed logic is 2 be used, then all politicians are innocent na because abacha was more corrupt, n thus they should go scot-free for sucking milk from our national breastcry
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2016
Leopantro:

On the contrary I don't respect her or her family. I recall a billboard I saw in asaba two years ago celebrating his birthday while he was still in prison. I also recall a birthday party thrown for him that was well attended while he was still in prison. It shows the kind of myopic and backwards reasoning his community has.

You don't even need to visit delta state to witness such backwards reasoning. Here's an example

Why request for good governance when his people reason like this
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by wirinet(m): 11:45am On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:

They are saying his arrest and prosecution was a set up by the powers that be (Nigerian and British Government) he was a rising star in Nigeria's politics, they had to cut him down..

The truth of the matter is that the man worked and loved his people, Obj and Atiku would never know what that means.. Obj slept with his sons wife for god's sake!!!

I do not understand what OBJ and Atiku had to do with Ibori's case, neither do i understand the connection with OBJ sleeping with his son's wife in the whole matter. Ibori was not even arrested during OBJ's tenure.
Was it the British and Nigerian government that made him steal from a supermarket during his first conviction? Was it the British and Nigeria government that made him launder stolen money in the UK? Why don't you guys discuss the main issue at hand instead of bringing up irrelevant and unrelated issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by 400billionman: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
When anti corruption agents become corruption themselves..

Check Nigeria sef. Arms deal is a scam - Dokpesi
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
cool
wirinet:

I do not understand what OBJ and Atiku had to do with Ibori's case, neither do i understand the connection with OBJ sleeping with his son's wife in the whole matter. Ibori was not even arrested during OBJ's tenure.
Was it the British and Nigerian government that made him steal from a supermarket during his first conviction? Was it the British and Nigeria government that made him launder stolen money in the UK? Why don't you guys discuss the main issue at hand instead of bringing up irrelevant and unrelated issues.

I'm glad you asked this.. Was it not the same period he was governor we had Obj and Atiku as President and vice? Can you say with all sense of sincerity that Ibori was more corrupt than these two? Isn't it natural that I'd feel upset, knowing fully well how much Ibori did for my state?

It is not a surprise that a lot of people in the grassroots sing his praise even while he is Jail while the same can't be said of his under performing predecessors.

In my opinion, Obj and Atiku should forever hide their faces in shame because they had such a golden opportunity to set our dear country in its highest pedestal, but they chose to enrich themselves and set the corruption ball rolling in Nigeria's Fourth Republic.

I don't know about you, but in the streets where I'm from, everyone loves a Robin Hood..

1 Like

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
franugo:

You can't blame them.. Despite the tremendous resources in their community, they didn't see any development whatsoever till he came into power. How dare you call them myopic or backwards when they were only showing appreciation for someone who tried to add some value to their lives?

Mind you, So many people did worse and did NOTHING for their people yet they are celebrated like superstars..
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Dreadful: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Britain is fraud! Nigeria is fraud!!!
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:

You can't blame them.. Despite the tremendous resources in their community, they didn't see any development whatsoever till he came into power. How dare you call them myopic or backwards when they were only showing appreciation for someone who tried to add some value to their lives?

Mind you, So many people did worse and did NOTHING for their people yet they are celebrated like superstars..

n those people are even more foolish...a corrupt person is what he is, i.e corrupt! no justification whatsoever. so stealing 89% milk from our breast n using 11% to do something useful is worth celerating ni?
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Kompressor: 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
franugo:

n those people are even more foolish...a corrupt person is what he is, i.e corrupt! no justification whatsoever. so stealing 89% milk from our breast n using 11% to do something useful is worth celerating ni?

I understand you would rather have someone steal 100% and do nothing while your community remains backwards. There is not one governor in this country free from corrupt practices in this country. All we ask is to feel the impact of good governance. Have you asked yourself where all the so-called recovered funds from corrupt officials have been kept?
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Kompressor: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
Only people from Delta state will understand the legacy this man left behind.

badman007:

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
dickoflife:
Ur missing the point.. From th and not that before the man is arrested or tried we already pay upfront its like paying them to convict him. Just my opinion.

I do cross-border law and can tell you authoritatively that Nigeria paid nothing upfront. All that the Crown requires is is pre-trial agreement by Nigeria regarding its costs being recouped during forfeiture. A useful guide to the entire process can be found here http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/proceeds_of_crime_act_guidance/ and here http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/costs/

The Ibori "team" does not understand that you cannot embarrass the Crown Prosecution Service, they are like hunting dogs; relentless. They won't stop until they have recovered every penny. However, who pays for the expense of such an exercise? Should it be the UK taxpayer or the country in which the crime has been committed and which is seeking to recover and repatriate stolen funds? I believe the answer is obvious. Nigeria has the same agreements now with the UAE, U.S, Germany and Switzerland, Turkey and numerous countries. The Ibori team should squarely face the confiscation proceedings and avoid shadow boxing itself.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
franugo:

We Nigerians are so funny. I know you need to be enlightened, but I honestly don't know where to start. Our President confirmed to the world that YOU GUYS are criminals. I bet you saw the kind of backlash he got. I thought the backlash was very funny because you guys constantly do the same by Putting our country down.

Now imagine what would happen if an American or Russian former governor was arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world... Perhaps you think they are not corrupt as well right?

If there is any justice in the world, George Bush should spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes in the middle east but where is he? Get this into your head, there is corruption everywhere in the world, the difference here is that Ibori worked for his people, he delivered on his promises but then Nigeria let him down.

Europe was built partly on the sweat of black African slaves, was that fair? Do you get the picture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Minimum Wage: Again, Labour Draws Battle Line / Osinbajo Shares Photos Of His Never-Seen Moments In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.