Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria (24987 Views)

Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor / Anambra Teenager Designed And Built This Drone (Video) / Video: This Will Shock You...see What These Kids In Enugu Designed And Built! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
dainformant:
And who says Nigerians are not talented and constructive. It's high time we reduced our dependency on our foreign counterparts and patronize our own products. According to online reports, this is called the Triketor -a three-wheeled Mini Tractor which was designed and built in Nigeria.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/photos-checkout-this-mini-tractor-which.html

Someone was in Nigerian Dragon Den with this product around 2007/8.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Adminisher: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
This is not impressive neither does it spell ingenuity... When are we going to stop celebrating these type of mediocre contractions.

Because a motorcycle fixed to a miniature plough is your idea of a tractor..

who in fuucks name gave these guys the impression that such imbecili_c contraption has the power to perform the work of a tractor.

A motorcycle lacks enough power for that and how can you say this was designed and built in Nigeria when neither the motorcycle or the plough it was hitched to was designed here.

This is embarrassing.. WTF is the meaning of having a Science and technology ministry..

This is the only enlightened post so far. This is actually well below Nigeria's current level in technology. Far far below . We passed this stage in 1975. What we are going to have soon is FG contracted companies that will be churning out these things cheaply.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
Impressive

But can it pull earth? Like a normal tractor I mean
Similar products already exist ie, relatively low power 10-30 hp in different formats
Two wheeled tractors,walk behind tractors etc so I am a bit surprised at this claim of having a patent. Anyway they are a low cost altermative to bigger tractors for smaller farm holdings. What is important is the range of attachments that can be fitted to the different machines and manoeuverability i.e some have several forward gears m,reverse gears and self propelled options attachment may be scythes,rotary mowers ,tillers,etc and in some cases the machine may be used as a water pump too for irrigation. As an "invention" it is not spectacular but the skills of the "inventor" may be useful in creating more affordable products for our markets with environment specific modifications but already a lot of research has gone into these products by big players and this costs money. I doubt that this product will be cheaper better than existing products but there are other positives to be seen in this effort
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by kullozone(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
This is not impressive neither does it spell ingenuity... When are we going to stop celebrating these type of mediocre contractions.

who in fuucks name gave these guys the impression that such imbecili_c contraption has the power to perform the work of a tractor.

A motorcycle lacks enough power for that and how can you say this was designed and built in Nigeria when neither the motorcycle or the plough it was hitched to was designed here.

This is embarrassing.. WTF is the meaning of having a Science and technology ministry..

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by johnydon22(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
aribisala0:
I agree there is nothing "spectacular" about it and we can and should do better. I think we need to develop a "technology culture". We need to improve and encourage ourselves to do just that. Your comments however tell us a lot about YOU in fact it tells your biography, if you died today what contribution will YOU be remembered for?
Everyone has to contribute so think about that . We are not technologically slow but we have failed to adopt the right priorities and should change our attitude to technology. That can be done with good leaders and good followers. Japan once was considered "backward". Let us build and not destroy
[b] There are things am sure that even you or i with little or no knowledge in mechanics can pull off.

something like this, hitching a plough to a motorcycle soon we will soon celebrate someone who hitches a plough to a truck and call it tractor.

I know we start small but we need ideas that are unique and spell ingenuity, we need to expand our knowledge we need to push ourselves more than our limits.

I have many make shift contraptions that i am sure i can make and some i am working on but such basic things doesn't deserved to be wowed over or stared at in awe it betrays our technological bankruptcy.

I for one blame the government who cannot give "Science and technology" the attention both deserve.

We are in the 21st century, Oil is going the way coal went. the survival of any country in this planet of the 21st century depends on science and technology plus agriculture …

we either make a change and start giving these sections the attention they deserve or we keep celebrating such disgracing acts of mediocrity.

When we stop making Old men in agbada without basic knowledge in integrated science, science ministers and give the budding youths and geniuses of our time chance in our government
[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:

Please oo tell us what you have designed and manufactured in your entire life? Someone is out therr putting his/her brain to work while you're here hating. Get a life ejor angry

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by popsonbj: 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
Buhari should see this before the enemies of progress scuttle the dream. Wait a minute, where are the investors? They should go into mass production of these tractors (it is Teraktor they call it) to save us foreign exchange and boost food production.Bravo!
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by johnydon22(m): 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
MissGdope:

Please oo tell us what you have designed and manufactured in your entire frustrated life? Someone is out therr putting his/her brain to work while you're here hating. Get a life ejor angry
I lack what it takes to give you attention over this childishness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by johnydon22(m): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

This is the only enlightened post so far. This is actually well below Nigeria's current level in technology. Far far below . We passed this stage in 1975. What we are going to have soon is FG contracted companies that will be churning out these things cheaply.
We are still celebrating 1940's type of technology when the world is already light years away.

One can never grow if he keeps re-reading the same chapter of his life. . Africa can never grow if we keep swimming in such archaic ideas.

We need to grow with the world or be left behind. I sorely blame the government "Science and technology ministry" it's such a decorative name for "Joke and comedy" in this country.

If the government gave this section the much attention it needs, we can make better and more unique things and not celebrate using card board to make a house model

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] There are things am sure that even you or i with little or no knowledge in mechanics can pull off.

something like this, hitching a plough to a motorcycle soon we will soon celebrate someone who hitches a plough to a truck and call it tractor.

I know we start small but we need ideas that are unique and spell ingenuity, we need to expand our knowledge we need to push ourselves more than our limits.

I have many make shift contraptions that i am sure i can make and some i am working on but such basic things doesn't deserved to be wowed over or stared at in awe it betrays our technological bankruptcy.

I for one blame the government who cannot give "Science and technology" the attention both deserve.

We are in the 21st century, Oil is going the way coal went. the survival of any country in this planet of the 21st century depends on science and technology plus agriculture …

we either make a change and start giving these sections the attention they deserve or we keep celebrating such disgracing acts of mediocrity.

When we stop making Old men in agbada without basic knowledge in integrated science, science ministers and give the budding youths and geniuses of our time chance in our government
[/b]
I ,I I..........too much ego. Let us focus on the positives it is very easy to put down let us try a different approach and make suggestions. If creative energies are misdirected let us redirect. For a person to spend 100 hours doing a thing and another to say "that is rubbish Africans are backward" is just cruel and thoughtless at any rate it does not make things better. Certainly we can do better but glib and casual dismissiveness is not the way to achieve that.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
Wow just learnt production began as far back as 2013 even. I need 3 of these for my new farmland. Abeg where I fit get am.
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by turigee1: 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
I am impressed. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by deebsman1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
innovative
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
I lack what it takes to give you attention over this childishness
Then STFU!
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by shenney: 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:

Mr john, I'm really disappointed in your comment.. U just condemn the design and fabrication out rightly. I'm sure since u were born u have not even fabricated a simple tooth pick for community. Please learn to appreciate a simple development around u. Have u ever thought about the problem farmers usually face in land preparation process before planting. This machine will make land preparation process easy for small scale farmers and the maintenance very cheap
This is a good development for our country and I pray and hope they are able to commercialize this fabrication.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
Mologi:
sit down there....Aba is out making a name for herself while u surf the internet with ur promo data....

#Abarockslowolowo

Even if you support Aba products - which is a good one, it's still gonna be called Aba made.

That doesn't mean he's castigating them, I think he's simply identifying them. Like we have Swiss made, China made et al

So let's be proud to call it Aba made.
#proudlynigerian

Via BB10 device
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Gentlemanly: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
With the triketor we can all have a farm. Please let's all have farms
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
shenney:

Mr john, I'm really disappointed in your comment.. U just condemn the design and fabrication out rightly. I'm sure since u were born u have not even fabricated a simple tooth pick for community. Please learn to appreciate a simple development around u. Have u ever thought about the problem farmers usually face in land preparation process before planting. This machine will make land preparation process easy for small scale farmers and the maintenance very cheap
This is a good development for our country and I pray and hope they are able to commercialize this fabrication.

Maybe the way he said was wrong, but let's try and filter the message in it.

True, a motor cannot have enough horsepower to pull a plough or other machinery, esp., when the hind tyres are as large and may be stuck in mud.
However, I think if we look at the motorcycle, we'd see that th engine has been reinforced. And I'd like to say that motorcycle was constructed from scratch, although parts were imported.

Via a BB10 Device
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
shenney:

In some ways he is right I just don't agree with the "Put down" tone and dismissing of African things but this product or similar already exists https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=walking++tractor&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1366&bih=601&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO--bVmvLKAhVMWhQKHc0wBaQQ_AUIBygC.They are not cheap for the Nigerian farmer and also the parts are not too.Tractors would need attachments for different job e.g tilling plowing etc which are not cheap .In my opinion as far as this specific product goes there are bigger companies already in the market and we should figure out how to bring them to make cheaper products for Nigeria. I believe this happens a lot in India. Nevertheless we need to harness the creative energies of our young people to national advantage,that thi is not happening may be frustrating but that does not justify putting down people who are making an effort when some of his coevals are taking to robbery and kidnapping.People need to look at the bigger picture before talking
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by dealnewsng: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
My first encounter with this type of tractor was in 2011 or 2013 at Ncam, Idofian, kwara state. It was built by a Lagos based company but today, it's lying dormant. Construction of this type of tractor is very tricky, because most of our arable land are hard and the shock absorber mechanism need to be super efficient. My point is,
1. The 'dragons' are Ill informed, this is not a novel idea.
2. This can only replace a tractor in some areas of farming e.g powering a planter or boom sprayer, but not in primary tillage.
3. if this guy doesn't have a prototype to validate his idea, he will be shocked when the capability of the machine is laid bare.
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by rastle(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dear all, i can obtain all parts of the computer and couple them together then integrate and additional circuit to make the computer perform functions other than what a computer is known for. But the hard drive, microprocessor etc wasnt designed and fibricated by me. Therefore i did not design and construct that device. I only assembled it and modify it. Did the tires of the tractor made in nigeria? What about the engine block ? Lets stop deceiving ourself please.
Pls note:the guy tried his best and it is commendable, we can not call it made in Nigeria but assembled and modified in Nigeria. grin grin. This is my point.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Gablo500(m): 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
CastedDude:
okay.. another made in Aba product

if only Your Fat*e* Is An Aba man
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
rastle:
Dear all, i can obtain all parts of the computer and couple them together then integrate and additional circuit to make the computer perform functions other than what a computer is known for. But the hard drive, microprocessor etc wasnt designed and fibricated by me. Therefore i did not design and construct that device. I only assembled it and modify it. Did the tires of the tractor made in nigeria? What about the engine block ? Lets stop deceiving ourself please.
Pls note:the guy tried his best and it is commendable, we can not call it made in Nigeria but assembled and modified in Nigeria. grin grin. This is my point.
That is the essence of value addition even if the tyres were made elsewhere they got the rubber from some other place too. If I cook a delicious pot of soup did I plant the egusi? Did I grow the cow and butcher it? Did I plant palm trees to make palm oil . Fact is I cooked the soup and it is delicious. Anyone can obtain oil and egusi in the market ,that does not translate to delicious soup Your logic does not work or have much meaning?

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:

[/b]
On point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by leonn(m): 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=42850166] This is not impressive neither does it spell ingenuity... When are we going to stop celebrating these type of mediocre contractions.

Oga make u try quiet small

[/quote
Oga make u try quiet small. Look well before you open ur mouth DAT engine na diesel engine no be normal okada engine and yes I'm go carry the load wella. Na true say I'm no manufacture plenty things there but d guy get concept unto say I'm fit put am together and I'm work.... Always appreciate ones effort its not easy especially here in 9ja where building ur dreams is usually OYO.
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
When threads like this are created without the contact through which people can reach the inventor/creator of the machine I think the thread is useless. Let us always have contacts of the brains behind this inventions because some people here may be willing to partner with them. I think something of such has been developed in one international institute that is situated in ilorin.
Nice development sha.

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by dragon2(m): 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:

Actually, that is not a motorcycle engine but a 10hp diesel engine used in two wheel tractors and diesel generators common in 9ja. The guy coupled the 10hp engine to a drive shaft connected to wheels,added implements and an extra wheel to make a stabilised 3-wheel tractor you can ride instead of push.
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by uncleade(m): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
dainformant:
And who says Nigerians are not talented and constructive. It's high time we reduced our dependency on our foreign counterparts and patronize our own products. According to online reports, this is called the Triketor -a three-wheeled Mini Tractor which was designed and built in Nigeria.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/photos-checkout-this-mini-tractor-which.html
Only fools and senseless human being would believe this story. when would Nigerians wake up?

1 Like

Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
dragon2:

Actually, that is not a motorcycle engine but a 10hp diesel engine used in two wheel tractors and diesel generators common in 9ja. The guy coupled the 10hp engine to a drive shaft connected to wheels,added implements and an extra wheel to make a stabilised 3-wheel tractor you can ride instead of push.
I think his comment was made in ignorance to be honest . These mini tractors have been around for decades as any genuine farmer would know
They can have up to 30 hp engines and have a variety of applications
We can see a mini cart in the photo which would be used for transporting heavy items
The engine may be connected to a water pump for irrigation and several attachments can be used for for mowing,tilling etc though none on this is new and it is not clear what bit of this qualifies to be called "invention".

These machines are not cheap and brand new in the UK /USA will cost the equivalent of close to 2 million naira for basic packages. There are so many variants and much cheaper Chinese versions ,so called walking tractors etc They are useful on farms under 10 acres. What would be interesting is if they can be fabricated in Nigeria for a lot less money that would be a real game changer because with a full option machine . One or two men can farm 10 acres of land comfortably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilqtmDe8b1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAr6K_hB7U
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
The truth can never cease to hurt... There is nothing spectacular in hitching a motorcycle to a plough...

Celebrate that all you can it only shows how technologically retarded we are in Africa..

Nothing spectacular, but jah be praise it aren't IED.
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by oluwaseun239(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Permission to forward this to my budding blog
Re: Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria by tk4rd: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
I hope it has high power and operative strength.?? Sheyy e no dey consume excess fuel.?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wind Turbine Construction With Pics / Astronomers Discover Non-Habitable Earth-Sized 'Pi Planet' With A 3.14-Day Orbit / Www.whatsapp.com| Download Whatsapp On Android, On Ipad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.