Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,103 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship (943 Views)

Lady Celebrates Her Parent's 34th Wedding Anniversary With These PDA Photos / Can You Use Your Partners Tooth Brush? / How Did You Choose Your Partners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by dahdah: 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
When you’re in a relationship, it may be important to you that your family gets along with your partner. And that makes total sense! It’s awesome when our partners can be involved in multiple areas of our lives and hang out with the other people we care about. But what if that’s not the case? What if your parents or other family members disapprove of your partner? This can be really tough. It might make you feel terrible or torn between your family and your partner. You might want to react defensively and maybe angrily toward your family if they tell you they don’t approve of your partner. You might even want to ignore what they say and just shut them out or keep your relationship a secret from them. I Still can't explain my feelings , when its becoming clear day by day that the Parents of the girl I love so much seems not to be in support of Our relationship, I keep realizing you cannot change what people really think about you. That feeling you have when you're been rejected is the same feeling in me right now, I thought it will change but still the same. Would keeping the relationship a secret from family members makes it feel good in the long run? It might seem like the easiest solution, but I remember: all healthy relationships are built on trust, respect and communication, and that includes the relationship with the families. Can anything be done when the only difference is the tribe? I thought Love is above everything. Is it now that I will let go of a 4years r/p? I strongly believe it will be difficult for a girl to turn deaf ears to her parents advice and even if she turns deaf ear, How advice able is it for me to marry Someone that her parents is not in support of Our relationship ? That's risky ! If the future is considered. I just want to hear from fellow nairalanders , I want you guys to just give me meaningful advice Royalroy PLEASE HEELP MOVE IT TO FRONTPAGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by tripplephi: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
dahdah:
When you’re in a relationship, it may be important to
you that your family gets along with your partner. And
that makes total sense! It’s awesome when our partners
can be involved in multiple areas of our lives and hang
out with the other people we care about.
But what if that’s not the case? What if your parents
or other family members disapprove of your partner?
This can be really tough. It might make you feel terrible
or torn between your family and your partner.
You might want to react defensively and maybe angrily
toward your family if they tell you they don’t approve of
your partner. You might even want to ignore what they
say and just shut them out or keep your relationship a
secret from them.
I Still can't explain my feelings , when its becoming
clear day by day that the Parents of the girl I love so
much seems not to be in support of Our relationship, I
keep realizing you cannot change what people really think
about you. That feeling you have when you're been
rejected is the same feeling in me right now, I thought it
will change but still the same.
Would keeping the relationship a secret from family
members makes it feel good in the long run? It might
seem like the easiest solution, but I remember: all
healthy relationships are built on trust, respect and
communication, and that includes the relationship with
the families.
Can anything be done when the only difference is the
tribe? I thought Love is above everything. Is it now
that I will let go of a 4years r/p?
I strongly believe it will be difficult for a girl to turn
deaf ears to her parents advice and even if she turns deaf
ear, How advice able is it for me to marry Someone
that her parents is not in support of Our relationship ?
That's risky ! If the future is considered.
I just want to hear from fellow nairalanders , I want
you guys to just give me meaningful advice
Royalroy PLEASE HEELP MOVE IT
TO FRONTPAGE

This is a simple case of PRAYER and WISDOM. In some cases rejection is direction... In most cases it is delay.... So to deal with both simple engage your partner in prayers before meeting their parents or getting too deep in the relationship

1 Like

Re: What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by dahdah: 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
tripplephi:

This is a simple case of PRAYER and WISDOM. In some cases rejection is direction... In most cases it is delay.... So to deal with both simple engage your partner in prayers before meeting their parents or getting too deep in the relationship

Thanks Sir
Re: What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hmm, there's almost nothing you can do in this kind of situation oh, unless you take it by force any means somehow.
Re: What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by dahdah: 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
Valeree:
Hmm, there's almost nothing you can do in this kind of situation oh, unless you take it by force any means somehow.

By Force, I don't think that's the best
Re: What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 13, 2016
I don't mean that kind of force you think...
by force maybe trying hard to make them see reasons why it should be than just giving up.

(1) (Reply)

Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? / See The Customised Doctor's Cake A Friend Got. (PIC) / What Your Pastor Will Never Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.