Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Where Do Deleted Files Go? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Where Do Deleted Files Go? (1130 Views)

How To Retrieve Deleted Files From Android After Factory Reset / How To Recover Your Deleted Files And Apps On Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Ebiniz(m): 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
Am been baffled with this mystical question

WHERE DO DELETED FILES GO

On Phone, PC, or any computer devices.

I know for sure it doesn't evaporate or sublime but where do they go?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
Heaven bro
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
they go to where they came from
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Djicemob: 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
Is this supposed to even be a question? undecided

*Shebi na weird question time*
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by DaFlash: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
Oya oh computer students, engineers and gurus come and answer this one oh because if you cant ona just be.........@¿@
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
You must be a very thoughtful person.

Files exist in the memory(bits and bytes) , when a file is created, a memory space is allocated with an address and the data itself being part of the memory.

When you delete a file, you simply unallocate that memory space. Just the way you use an eraser to clean something you wrote with a pencil.

When it goes to the recycle bin, the data was re-allocated to a different location in the memory.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by ikubch(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
iamayodeji:
You must be a very thoughtful person.

Files exist in the memory(bits and bytes) with, when a file is created, a memory space is allocated with an address and the data itself being part of the memory.

When you delete a file, you simply unallocate that memory space. Just the way you use an eraser to clean something you write with a pencil.

When it goes to the recycle bin, the data was re-allocated to a different location in the memory.
What now happen when deleted from the recycle bin. Can one recover it by some means.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
ikubch:

What now happen when deleted from the recycle bin. Can one recover it by some means.

Normally, the processor is programmed to destroy every data in the memory space after deleting from the recycle bin.

The recycle bin was created to recover deleted files. Anything inside the recycle bin is still inside the computer memory but immediately you delete from recycle bin, it's gone forever.

When you erase something you wrote with a pencil, you definitely can't get it back even if you are able to pack the particles on your paper together.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Eyor1(m): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Madnexx... reading meaningx into meaninglexx thingx.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by SamuelBrennan: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2016
if you want recover deleted files on your PC, so try this software - http://www.tools4recovery.com/
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Glovicdaprince(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
iamayodeji:

Normally, the processor is programmed to destroy every data in the memory space after deleting from the recycle bin.

The recycle bin was created to recover deleted files. Anything inside the recycle bin is still inside the computer memory but immediately you delete from recycle bin, it's gone forever.

When you erase something you wrote with a pencil, you definitely can't get it back even if you are able to pack the particles on your paper together.

Bro...that's not entirely true...even after deleting from the recycle bin...files can be recovered.through the aid of third party softwares like easy recovery and others......I had to get one of them recently to retrieve something i had deleted from ma recycle bin......
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Glovicdaprince:

Bro...that's not entirely true...even after deleting from the recycle bin...files can be recovered.through the aid of third party softwares like easy recovery and others......I had to get one of them recently to retrieve something i had deleted from ma recycle bin......

Yes you are right about the recovery tools. But then, there are lots of conditions attached to that and you will agree with me that not all files can be recovered.

In fact, some recovery tools require that you do not save or modify any file on your system before the recovery process so as to increase the chance of getting your files back.

Why? Because when you delete a file sometimes (especially when it's not a large file, large files are mostly deleted permanently), the memory space of that file is overwritten by a new or modified file, so you can recover this file before been overwritten.

That's why they usually advise that you don't save or modify any file on your system pending the recovery. Even some recovery tools are installed on a separate system for the recovery process.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by airsaylongcon: 7:31am On Feb 15, 2016
iamayodeji:

Yes you are right about the recovery tools. But then, there are lots of conditions attached to that and you will agree with me that not all files can be recovered.

In fact, some recovery tools require that you do not save or modify any file on your system before the recovery process so as to increase the chance of getting your files back.

Why? Because when you delete a file sometimes (especially when it's not a large file, large files are mostly deleted permanently), the memory space of that file is overwritten by a new or modified file, so you can recover this file before been overwritten.

That's why they usually advise that you don't save or modify any file on your system pending the recovery. Even some recovery tools are installed on a separate system for the recovery process.

The question was whether deleted files can be recovered. The answer is yes! Simples
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 15, 2016
airsaylongcon:

The question was whether deleted files can be recovered. The answer is yes! Simples

The point is not all deleted files can be recovered. You can experiment with some of your large files and see for yourself.
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by airsaylongcon: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2016
iamayodeji:

The point is not all deleted files can be recovered. You can experiment with some of your large files and see for yourself.

Have you attempted recovering files using Linux tools? Thank me later
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Have you attempted recovering files using Linux tools? Thank me later

Have you?

If yes, how does it work?
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by airsaylongcon: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
iamayodeji:

Have you?

If yes, how does it work?

I regularly use Linux when I want to do dirty disk work. Try Testdisk or photorec which are Linux tools adapted for Windows. Great stuff
Re: Where Do Deleted Files Go? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I regularly use Linux when I want to do dirty disk work. Try Testdisk or photorec which are Linux tools adapted for Windows. Great stuff

Ok I'll try it out.

I must commend your geeky persona, you must be a programmer

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Songs, Voice Record And Football Club Logo To Your Whatsapp Status.. / Hsdpa Universal Modem 4 Sale / 25 Questions That Push The Limits Of Human Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.