Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (6819 Views)

Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Atheists like muskeeto, Jack Bizzle and ichmommy never fail to use the said verse to show that God creates evil. Unfortunately, like atheists arguments tend to be, they ignore the context in which a verse was written to score cheap point.

Some months back I decided to read the prior verses, here they are:

Isaiah 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut; 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Clearly the verse was a word from God to the King Cyrus who eventually oversaw the first world empire. God was speaking of how he intended to favor the King even though_as the underlined part shows_he didn't know (or possibly believe in God). The verse was just one in which God boasted of the extent of the power while allowing for Cyrus rise to world domination as His will.

This is why I take atheists argument with a pinch of salt they lack the depth of proper research, more importantly, the right attitude towards studying. One studies the Bible as one would any science book, to learn and not to criticize.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Baawaa(m): 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
Holy Bible is not an ordinary book,
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
nice piece
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by CoolUsername: 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
That's where you've gotten wrong, OP. Science books are also critically analyzed at all times. That's why there's something called 'peer review'.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by ATMC(f): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
The point does not change because you chose to see it anyway you choose.

The point in the scripture is that God introduced himself and made it clear that he created EVIL. Although preachers and most Christians like not to think about it that way but until they begin to see God as he is...they continue to wallow in ignorance.

Most people wouldn't have been atheist today had Isaiah 45:7 not been twisted, thereby stirring questions such as if God is a good God, why would he allow EVIL? God created evil for a purpose.

The scripture said 'God preserves the wicked for the evil day'...This should suffice rather than the lie that God did not create EVIL

3 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
CoolUsername:
That's where you've gotten wrong, OP. Science books are also critically analyzed at all times. That's why there's something called 'peer review'.

There can be bias despite peer review. It is a FACT that since the 20th century there has been a very obvious materialistic bias in science. The peer review process has flaws. All you have to do is Google it and see for yourself.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
ATMC:

The point in the scripture is that God introduced himself and made it clear that he created EVIL. Although preachers and most Christians like not to think about it that way but until they begin to see God as he is...they continue to wallow in ignorance.

Most people wouldn't have been atheist today had Isaiah 45:7 not been twisted, thereby stirring questions such as if God is a good God, why would he allow EVIL? God created evil for a purpose.

The scripture said 'God preserves the wicked for the evil day'...This should suffice rather than the lie that God did not create EVIL

Sure but God didn't just say I create evile he said it within a context. Atheists simply use the verse in a way that gives the impression that God made evil just because, which is wrong, Again, given the context which they usually ignore.

4 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Seun(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
The simple fact is that evil came from somewhere. If you say that God created everything, then evil must be one of the things that he created.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
reallest, Sir Were and co where una dey.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by psucc(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
To him who had seen the light(Christ) had understanding but he that doesn't lacks it.

We are to pray the the Light of God which appeared to Saul on his way yo Damascus will appear to them that they may have life and have it more abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by CoolUsername: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
UyiIredia:

There can be bias despite peer review. It is a FACT that since the 20th century there has been a very obvious materialistic bias in science. The peer review process has flaws. All you have to do is Google it and see for yourself.

Materialism would remain the scientific method until concrete evidence of the supernatural is brought forth. If there are supernatural forces then someone should detect them, measure them, and most importantly make predictions with them. Until then, you can't even call it a bias.

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
Seun:
The simple fact is that evil came from somewhere. If you say that God created everything, then evil must be one of the things that he created.

I am not denying the fact that God made evil. I am looking at the context of the verse which is ignored. The Biblical God never shoes away from the fact that he causes lots of calamities.

But I must also add that evil can't be possibly a basis to preclude Gods existence. At most evil can only question Gods benevolence. And it is a FACT, paradoxical as it is, that sometimes a good intent must use evil means eg killing a serial killer for murder which is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

Materialism would remain the scientific method until concrete evidence of the supernatural is brought forth. If there are supernatural forces then someone should detect them, measure them, and most importantly make predictions with them. Until then, you can't even call it a bias.

Why not use reason to infer the supernatural. Why must atheists ask for empirical evidence whig is open o misinterpretation from poor reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Genesis2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

God created evil n satan who must have bin the first to taste of the fruit purposely gave iit to man to infect him with God's destruction.

#MyCandidOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Seun:

cool

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by frank317: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
vimi:
Gen2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

God created evil buh not for man

Of course God created evil for different reason but as usual his plans were flawed.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

You just called it "the SUPERnatural" and expect it to be detected , measured and predictions made ? Come on !

Spirituality does that not science . Science studies nature not the supernatural . You atheists rule out the supernatural - an evidence of a close-mindedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
vimi:
Genesis2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

God created evil n satan who must have bin the first to taste of the fruit purposely gave iit to man to infect him with God's destruction.

#MyCandidOpinion

True talk. That is why God warned man not to eat of the fruit of knowing good and evil.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
frank317:

Of course God created evil for different reason but as usual his plans were flawed.

... as detected by a mortal - a fallible creation of his
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Notice no atheist has rebutted the point, because I stated fact. Misdirection is their forte.

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Niflheim(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
1.According to the buybull, god layed a curse on women(christians claim that curses are evil).

2.According to the buybull, god decreed that the serpent's seed will attack the descendants of all humans.

Christians are "classic confusionists"!!!
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Omotayor123(f): 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
Seun:
@ fact!
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
ATMC:

Remember that the bible was not written by God himself but by men who he gave inspirations.But that does not mean it is not an holy book.
The bible also said Jesus says be thou perfect as your heavenly father is perfect but also says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Remember that the book of mark,Matthew and john each has their own different picture about the life and birth of Jesus Christ..
Cyprus only relayed Gods words as per how he viewed it.
Daniel also said an Angel said to him that many shall run through and fro and knowledge shall be increased
When jesus was finished with his revelation to John in the last chapter (remember what he said) that if anyone should add/remove from the words of this book and bla blabla.....(He wouldn't have said that if he didn't knew about what men were capable of)
****Never view the bible as per the words in it because you'll never ever understand it****
You need the spirit inspiration.
Don't think am a pastor cos am not.

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
Seun:
He knows about evil,allows evil and gave his creations a free will to choose between good and evil (not to bend to his will like zombies) use it as a punishment to evil doers because he is the supreme being over all good and evil.(in other words the creator).

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by taurus25(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
hehehehe, its funny how christains/religionist always seek ways to defend their 'gods' gringringringrin

well

If mere human me finds that im all knowing and all powerfull grin

My universe would be perfect to all standards

if anything resembling EVIL stems up, i would immediately SPEAK it out of existence!! gringrin

but guess what , a soposed god looks at earth , he sees children starving to death in africa , and this is what he tells them

if you dont worship me , i will BURN you in hell gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by frank317: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

... as detected by a mortal - a fallible creation of his

Thank you. So whose fault is that?
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by ATMC(f): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
HEFAIROHLUWA:

Remember that the bible was not written by God himself but by men who he gave inspirations.But that does not mean it is not an holy book.
The bible also said Jesus says be thou perfect as your heavenly father is perfect but also says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Remember that the book of mark,Matthew and john each has their own different picture about the life and birth of Jesus Christ..
Cyprus only relayed Gods words as per how he viewed it.
Daniel also said an Angel said to him that many shall run through and fro and knowledge shall be increased
When jesus was finished with his revelation to John in the last chapter (remember what he said) that if anyone should add/remove from the words of this book and bla blabla.....(He wouldn't have said that if he didn't knew about what men were capable of)
****Never view the bible as per the words in it because you'll never ever understand it****
You need the spirit inspiration.
Don't think am a pastor cos am not.
Do not jump gun. Why would I THINK you are a pastor? You made little sense just as I thought you were making sense.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
Nice one. Let me watch for now.
Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
It's sad to watch people trying desperately to make sense of something that just doesn't add up because they have been told that it's the truth.

UyiIredia:
But I must also add that evil can't be possibly a basis to preclude Gods existence. At most evil can only question Gods benevolence.
The God of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism is all-powerful and benevolent. Such a God cannot exist because of the existence of evil. therefore those religions and their holy books are wrong. If the Bible and Quran are wrong, what is your reason for still believing that God exists?

And it is a FACT, paradoxical as it is, that sometimes a good intent must use evil means eg killing a serial killer for murder which is wrong.
What is the good intent behind allowing the torture, butchery and murder of innocent children and adults by groups like ISIS and Boko Haram?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by ichommy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
cheesy Dear Theist Brother, this is becoming something else.

I will ask you a Question dat we have argued before.

Why will god create evil?

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by Scholar8200(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
The passage in question is self explanatory, darkness/evil is the consequence of God withdrawing His Light. For example, man was not created with an evil nature.(Eating from the forbidden tree was not a question off morals but faith)
However, after the fall, man was separated from God and the heart of man became evil as a result Genesis 6:5

Meaning the creating of evil takes place as a consequence creatures being the determinants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists by reallest(f): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
UyiIredia:
reallest, Sir Were and co where una dey.

Seem am giving someone tough time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Kids Talked About Easter (video) / EXPOSED! How Satan, Demons, Witches And Pastors Are Destroying Lives! / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.