Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? (27074 Views)

Difference Between February 14th And February 15th In Most Woman (pic) 18+ / Muslim Students Protest Celebration Of Lovers Day. / Countdown To February 14th Nairalanders Together Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by lonelydora: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2016
I don't celebrate Valentine's Day because I show love to my wife, friends, and family everyday.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by udysweet(f): 5:46am On Feb 14, 2016
Chai dis my sweetheart and all dis him "controversial topics" sha,lol!
I jus said lemme stroll in here o and I landed here,lol. Abg sha me I don see it devils day dats all I can say.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by DesChyko: 5:47am On Feb 14, 2016
You present rock-solid points, but your accuracy, organization and expression leaves a lot to be desired. Your content is being maligned by these. Learn to present your submissions carefully.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by blackpanda: 5:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree totally with you.

But close your eyes and imagine you telling your daughter this.

Yes its very important you tell your daughters that theres nothing wrong with sex. Its never an evil act, on the contrary its one of the most beautiful ways of showing affection to each other

Its this religious doctrinal trash that makes women and even men carry heavy burden that they must be doing something wrong. It makes women think every sexual act must lead to marriage...which is nothing but lies!
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Gkay1(m): 6:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Valentine day don turn to devil day abi, dis guy must be a jehovah witnes guy,
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by AreaFada2: 6:09am On Feb 14, 2016
I always wonder, is there any oyinbo thing that we will not embrace?

Some women now take this val as a milking opportunity.
Any guy or man who objects on principle is seen as broke, stingy or both.

Was it not last year Val day in Lagos that one woman killed her husband for returning home late & couldn't take her out to a restaurant or something? shocked shocked

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by blacky76: 6:09am On Feb 14, 2016
Sex is FOOD believe it or not
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by cardoctor(m): 6:14am On Feb 14, 2016
Oh really?
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by jydeskill1(m): 6:15am On Feb 14, 2016
Val cancelled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by deen4real7902: 6:19am On Feb 14, 2016
TMC PRESS RELEASE

The Muslim Congress (TMC)
1, Thanni Olodo Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Jibowu Bus Stop, Jibowu, Yaba, Lagos.
0802 346 2555, 0803 309 6636

February 10, 2016
MISGUIDED VALENTINE’S DAY: ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE

All praise is due to Allah, the Creator of heavens and earth. May His peace and blessings be upon the noble prophet Muhammad (SAW), members of his household, his companions, and all Muslims till the Day of Judgement, Amin.

Come Sunday 14, 2016, the world will celebrate another day of induction into the club of HIV/AIDS styled Valentine Day. The Muslim Congress (TMC), as usual, wishes to educate, sermonize and redirect the energy of our youth and uninformed adults by issuing a press release on ‘Misguided Valentine’s Day Celebration from Islamic Perspective’ ahead of the day. Globally, the celebration has received recognition, accolade and public acceptance, even among ignorant Muslims. Whereas Valentine’s Day is a Roman pagan festival, the festival has continued to be celebrated even when Rome became a Christian nation.

As another Valentine’s Day draws closer, all Islamic organisations and clerics owe Muslims and non-Muslims a divine obligation of liberation from ignorance and blind followership of a questionable practice rooted in immoralities and disobedience to Allah, the Supreme Being. On that day, Nigerians would again witness a “Grand Induction Ceremony” of a great multitude of our youth and adults into the world of Sex, Shamelessness, Infidelity, Perversion, Loss of Virginity, HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea and AIDS, in the name of Valentine’s Day or “Lover’s Day.” 

Valentine’s Day celebration is traceable to Luperci, an occult order of Roman priests. The priests gather annually at a sacred cave where Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been nurtured and nursed by a she-wolf (Lupa in Roman language) in their infancy. The rites entail the sacrifice of a goat by the priests, for boosting communal fertility; this is followed by the sacrifice of a dog, for communal purification and cleansing. The priests would then strip the goat's hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take the hide to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Gullible Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city's men, especially bachelors, would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These occult match-making of couples often ended in marriage and many in sexual perversion.

The second narrative on the origin of the celebration indicates that Valentine’s Day celebration is linked to a popular saint known as Valentine who was sentenced to death on 14th February, 270 CE, for going against the royal decree of Emperor Claudius II. The emperor decided that unmarried men are better soldiers than those with wives and families; the King therefore outlawed marriage for young men, who were his crop of potential soldiers. Saint Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree and the sinful implication it portends for the society, defied Emperor Claudius and continued to solemnize marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered by the authorities, Emperor Claudius ordered that he be put to death for promoting amorous relationship among the soldiers. Along the line, the story alluded that Saint Valentine himself fell in love with a young girl, who was his jailor's daughter. The lady visited him during his confinement and travails. Before his death however, the Saint wrote her a letter, which he signed, 'From your Valentine,' an expression of love that is still in vogue today.

As Muslims, the two historical narratives have no theological foundations in our religion, when viewed from the prisms of Qur’an and Sunnah. They could at best be described as relics of Jahiliyyah. Jahiliyyah is an Arabic word which refers to the state of ignorance that pervaded the world before the commissioning of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) as Rasulullah with revelation. Allah cautioned humanity on Jahiliyyah in several places in the Qur'an:

Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) ignorance; and who is better in judgement than Allah for a people who have firm faith. Q5:50

O you who believe! Enter Islam perfectly, and follow not the footsteps of Shaytan (Satan). Verily, he is to you a plain enemy. Q2:208

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) while delivering his Khutbah, always cautions Muslims on misguided practices thus: “Indeed, the best speech is the speech of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (SAW). And the worst of matters are those innovated by the people, and every innovated matter is a bid’ah and every bid’ah is astray, and every going astray is in the fire. (Sahih Muslim)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah in his verdict opined that joining fully in the festival of non-Muslims is tantamount to joining kufr and participating in some minor issues designed by non-Muslims is joining some branches of kufr. Partially joining, at the very least, is disobedience and sin. (Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 1/207). He concluded that Muslims should not do any of the rituals of non-Muslims at the time of their festivals; rather the day of their celebrations should be like any other day for the Muslims. The Muslims should not do anything specific in imitation of non-Muslims. (Majmoo al-Fataawa, 25/329). 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was informed that in recent time the celebration of Valentine’s Day has become widespread, especially among female students. Its celebration entails dressing completely in red, including clothes and shoes, and exchange of red flowers by lovers. He replied: “Celebrating Valentine’s Day is not permissible for a number of reasons, viz:  a)       It is an innovated festival for which there is no basis in Islam; b)    It promotes love and infatuation; and c)   It calls for hearts to be preoccupied with foolish matters that are contrary to the way of the righteous salaf (May Allaah be pleased with them). 

The Ahlu-Sunnah abhor the celebration of Valentine’s Day or any other questionable celebrations. They described the acts of exchanging gifts of red roses and wearing red clothes and congratulating one another as an innovation and relics of Jahiliyyah and Kufr. The verdict does not excuse bakeries making red coloured bread, cakes and sweet cheese and drawing hearts on them as signs of love, and some supermarkets, eateries and stores, that advertise products that are specially made for Valentine. 

The Muslim Congress therefore counsels all Muslim youth and adults that clear evidence from the Qur’an, Sunnah and the consensus of clerics of the Ummah indicate that there are only two festivals in Islam: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Any other festival, no matter how sophisticated and well-packaged, does not have any place in Islam. A doll no matter how beautiful is still a false child. We urge all our brethren to be guided by the saying of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Hadith)

In conclusion, Valentine’s Day celebration comes under the heading of blind followership, because it is an idolatrous festival that is not permissible for Muslims who believe in Allah and the Last Day. It should not be observed, respected or commended, but must be ignored and avoided in obedience to Allah and His Messenger. It is also haram for the Muslim to provide enabling environment for its celebration by supplying food, drinks, gifts, or buying or selling of special Valentine Day’s production, greetings and advertising because all these acts are tantamount to cooperating in committing sin, transgression and disobedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Long live the Muslim Ummah, Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

SIGNED
Dr. Luqman AbdurRaheem, MNIM, FAAE, FCEnt
Amir, The Muslim Congress

2 Likes

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by SolexxBarry(m): 6:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Some girls now knw our trick o,wen u try annoying dem dese days it just falls on deaf ears c
undecided cos of wat dey are expecting frm us on vals day grin grin
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by KangaIye: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Putting on Red & white today will only make u look like unknown capsule. why don't u try colours like Red & Yellow? At least u will look like tetracycline !!! tongue
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Clinton594(m): 6:30am On Feb 14, 2016
SexyCeline:
God bless the 0p..nairaland guys will soo hate this. Ladies, pls lets not fall prey to them anymore.. #team_true_luv_over_sex

Why then does your moniker have that name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by henryhemon(m): 6:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree totally with you.

But close your eyes and imagine you telling your daughter this.

Epic response!
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by henryhemon(m): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2016
Adazubi:

May God forgive you.... Your teaching is from the kingdom of darkness...

He's teaching her daughter's and sons. He's teaching his family members too.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by dabosuker(m): 6:41am On Feb 14, 2016
Decker:
How was it a day designed by the devil? Please men should bear the burden of their decisions and actions, and stop heaving it on the devil.

These are the kind of ideologies that make me sick to the stomach, people commit all sort of atrocities & then blame it on the devil grin just because the so called "Devil", can't speak for him or herself,...its laughable cheesy..its almost like the devil has nothing better doing but to be on a non stop marathon tormenting 7 billion people undecided.....Incredible stamina....if you ask me ,..even God had to rest at some point. People should wake up & take responsibility for their actions
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by SlimOpsy(m): 6:50am On Feb 14, 2016
SexyCeline:
God bless the 0p..nairaland guys will soo hate this. Ladies, pls lets not fall prey to them anymore.. #team_true_luv_over_sex
Yeah! I support it. But sex is a must! In as much u have a gud relationship with ur boo or bae! Mo un wa yawo eeee....... :-D
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Abukc(m): 6:51am On Feb 14, 2016
myfantasies:
Dem don over hype dis val of a thing to d extent to fall in love no hungry person again grin
. It is devil that control the world now,to extend he fabricated alll unlawfull for people to fall into it.if not we be mumu we are celebrating valentine for what reason,man girl wil lost their GOLDEN FLOWER on that,sexual abuse will increase which GOD. Almighty forbid........well God will open una eye, to know say to celebrate valentine na FORBIDEN.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by henryhemon(m): 6:51am On Feb 14, 2016
Like most things we abuse in life,val's day is one of them.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by SlimOpsy(m): 6:53am On Feb 14, 2016
KangaIye:
Putting on Red & white today will only make u look like
unknown capsule. why don't u try colours like Red & Yellow?
At least u will look like tetracycline !!! tongue
When will u wake up from ur stupidity! We are discussing a serious matter, u're dere acting like moroon...xxxxx
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by KangaIye: 6:56am On Feb 14, 2016
SlimOpsy:
When will u wake up from ur stupidity! We are discussing a serious matter, u're dere acting like moroon...xxxxx

Wake me up on the 15th of February please tongue

And anybody that wants to buy postinor tomorrow should let me know am having some with me grin
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Damfostopper(m): 7:01am On Feb 14, 2016
At my age I don't comment on stupiid post
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by creamylicious(f): 7:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Both..... I intend to spend it with someone's husband,,,,
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by habsydiamond(m): 7:04am On Feb 14, 2016
Valentine means ba be je. Interpretation destroy the place. If an unmarried man hooks an unmarried he go ba ba be je in which most usually ends in disgrace or death. Brothers and sisters be beware ooo.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Mostprecious(f): 7:11am On Feb 14, 2016
How wil u say St. Valentine's day was designed by d devil? Ppl shud be blamed for der actions pls, all I kw is people tend to make both good or bad use of any festive period. According to u sex is much recorded on Vals day, whr did u get dat statistics? wt is ur proof?
Wat abt Christmas?? Easter Was it designed by d devil too?? Stil ppl commit all sort of sin nd some stil do good. How do u spend these festive period each tym it comes? Let's do wah we kw is right nd put our tym to good use! Thankz!
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by HarshS(m): 7:11am On Feb 14, 2016
Welcome to you all friends! Be successful!
Do find someone whom you can share your success with otherwise the success would go in vain.

If you face any issues in expressing your love then here is one of best online Grammar assistant tool, Grammarly.
It is entirely free and relatively easy to use. Go and grab the free version to improve your authoring skills. Read more about the tool and get registered at the earliest to improve your writing skills.

Ref:- https://www.techbeamers.com/
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by muteeu(m): 7:12am On Feb 14, 2016
the day was designed by the devil? is one of the weapon of devil to mislead people.. may God protect us from devil traps . amen
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by wudillawa(m): 7:12am On Feb 14, 2016
My bro u're right, val day like a way to hell. My loving bro and sister pls avoid any act that later makes u regrate. Love u all and happy weekend. Cheers
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by geeana(f): 7:13am On Feb 14, 2016
Its that Right Time! Wish u all a happy val!
Here's my val gift to u all, listen and share with loved ones.
Right Time https://my.notjustok.com/track/64859/geeana-right-time

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by inalegwu99(m): 7:13am On Feb 14, 2016
devils day

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by SlimOpsy(m): 7:19am On Feb 14, 2016
KangaIye:

Wake me up on the 15th of February please tongue

And anybody that wants to buy postinor tomorrow should let me know am having some with me grin
Okay! No be ur fault. Na the person wey borrow u his phone to browse lo jebi... Mtcheeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa / Should I Go On And Marry Her? / Do Ladies Prefer Cute Or Hot Guys (With Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.