Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

#buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / #buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously (2852 Views)

Latest Ankara Short Gowns Style To Rock Your Weekend / Cuteness Overload; Young Girls In Hijab Take The Internet By Storm. See Why.PICS / Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously by 9jabuzzblog: 4:26am On Feb 13, 2016
Gone are the days when if you wear a hijab, you’re a Muslim. Gone are those days we’d debated about the hijab and why women wear it, or whether they are coerced into it. “Oh, but I bet they are using it to conceal their rough hair.” SNORE. All this talk neglects the role of fashion in the hijab’s popularity. It’s just easier to be a fashionable Muslim in Nigeria these days – walk down the streets of Lagos and stereotypes of the hijab as bland and restrictive as ever are fabulously revealing on girl’s head, girls with a mountain of fabric piled on their head just to create a beehive style hijab – you can even see some wearing sweaters and jackets as a headscarf once just to get that hajib impression.

These latest trends has fast cut into the fashion world with big fashion labels like Tommy Hilfiger, H&M and recently Dolce and Gabana investing millions of dollars in them. In Nigeria, we have fashion houses like ABAYA LAGOS, HOUSE OF KAYA, THE HENNA PLACE, COVERED AND CHIC, and lots more seriously investing a login them. These fashion experts are burning the midnight oil in trying to blend the latest trends in fashion with “modest Islamic attire”, trying their very best to prove to non-Muslims and Muslims alike that well, hijabs are as trendy, cool, hip, smart and fashionable as those who don’t wear hijab.

With these trends flowing into the fashion market like a gushing water, 9jabuzz has taken time to compose tips to assist you rock your hijabs and look extraordinarily fab!

1. Rock A Match To Your Hijab

Having a hijab that’d match your skirt or blouse would go a long way to liven your dressing. It could even be a match to your bag. Let it just match!

2. Add Accessory On A Plain Hijab
A golden pin strapped to the hijab could do. Just something that would make the hijab a little gorgeous but not too much to make it look unnecessarily flabbergasting.

3. Wear A Hijab A Little Lighter Than Your Skin
Wearing light beiges and other neutrals can help with the appearance of tanned skin. Don’t wear a solid black hijab if it wouldn’t blend with your skin—they’d make you look pale.

4. If You Want Black, Then Blacken Up
image image
Add a black lipstick or something dark to compliment your “black look”. It might be tricky to pull off, but with your black hijab, this shouldn’t be a problem at all.

5. Try Different Colors
Fashion is all about experimenting. Experiment something, anything. You might not just know what you’d end up coming out with, perhaps the next hijab trend.

6. Wear Something Feety
A hajib, jeans with a sneakers could create a...
Read the full article on http://9jabuzz.com.ng/buzztip-how-to-rock-your-hijab-fabulously/

Re: #buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 13, 2016
I love the way it's worn by the second lady. It's not too obvious and 'all in your face' like it's normally worn. And it could actually be blended with different other dresses and clothing accessories, which won't be buried underneath it.
Re: #buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously by 9jabuzzblog: 4:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Read more at 9jabuzz.com.ng
Re: #buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously by Khd95(m): 5:54am On Feb 13, 2016
The beauty of muslim womensmiley
Re: #buzztip: How To Rock Your Hijab Fabulously by Ultimer(m): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2022
What do you think of modern fashion? It seems to me that this is a little beyond reason, and almost every season we get new fashion trends. Of course, if you're ready to follow the current fashion, then that's great, but I can't afford to spend so much money on clothes. Also I wear Hijab, and it's not the type of clothing that you can buy in any popular store. It's good that there are stores like Amani's where I can find what I need.

(1) (Reply)

Crocodile Head Style Shoe Spotted Online. / Kente Styles 2021 - Kente Dress Style - Latest Kente Styles For Engagement / I Love Guys In Jeans And T Shirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.