Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,663 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

How To Show A Guy That You Like Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Show A Guy That You Like Him (2443 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / Hilarious Conversation Between Lady & Guy That Broke Her Girlfriend's Heart / Your Crush And Why You Like Him/her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by anisite(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
GUIDELINES:

1. Smile every time he looks your way. Flash him an inviting glance. Eye contact is great. Or, depending on the guy, it may be more effective to blush and roll your eyes. This generally works for shy guys. Don't stare at him too long or you might freak him out.

2. Call him and ask about the homework when you really just want him to talk to you but don't do it constantly.

3. Practice your gaze in the mirror. This way, you can perfect a confident, positive look of interest. Rehearsing also helps you avoid lovey-dovey doe eyes. Hold eye contact with your reflection for a full minute if you can. This will get you comfy keeping your eyes on your crush when the two of you finally chat. Don’t stare, glaze over or forget to blink!

4. Be way casual. Don’t fix your eyes on the guy from a distance like a tiger hunting down dinner. Pretend you just noticed him right before you reach him, then catch his gaze and flash a smile as you pass. Check out his reaction: Does he hold your gaze and smile back? If so, good. Repeat this process a couple of times, until one of you is bold enough to strike up a conversation. Try practicing what you are going to say before you confront him; that way there won't be any awkward silences. Note: shy guys (this will usually be you). Shy guys will very seldom make the first move.

5. If you are talking to him, looking down and smiling so that he sees your smile lets him know you enjoy talking to him. Even better, a little later state: "I really like spending time with you" Look for signs to see if he likes you too. If he does, wait for him to make the big move, but try to strike up a conversation. Get him used to the idea of having you around. Make him comfortable around you. If things sway a little off course, crack a joke or end the conversation. NEVER try to play hard to get: some guys won't understand that you are playing, and will think that you're not interested.

6. Strike up conversations when the timing's right. Tune in carefully to what your crush has to say. Guys love girls who listen well—it makes them feel interesting, which in turn makes them feel good about themselves, which in turn makes them feel good about you for making them feel good about themselves! Got it? Cool. Compliment the listening with a compliment. While he’s telling you about that giant trout he caught at the lake last summer, take in all the details, and then say, “Whoa! You must be a really amazing fisherman! I’ve never had a chance to go fishing myself, but I’ve always wanted to try it.” Bingo! He’ll start talking a mile a minute—he’s gonna want to teach you everything! Next thing you know, you’ll be out on a lake in a canoe with your cutie.

7. Express appreciation for qualities that he happens to possess and interests that he happens to have (and mean it!). Be careful, though: Don’t act even remotely stalkerish. For example, never attend his games by yourself—it’ll look weird. Just go with your crew, have a great time and, afterward, very casually pass him by—once—smile, and say, “Hey, that no-look pass you made was impressive!” A genuine pat on the back for a job well done scores major points.

8. Flirt. Whether it's laughing at his jokes, teasing him gently, or touching his arm, a little bit of playfulness never hurts.

9. Invite him out. It doesn't have to be as straightforward as asking him out on a one-on-one date. If you're going to the movies with a group, for example, ask him to come along. Use group activities to your advantage. In addition to bowling nights and mall trips, suggest your group throw a bash for your bud who has a birthday coming up. You be in charge of the invite list, and make sure his invitation is the first one to fly into the mailbox. Better yet, ask him and a bunch of other guys to help you and the girls pull this party off. A day of painting “Happy Birthday” murals and stringing up streamers can be bonding in a big way. Be sure to give him props for his excellent ideas.

10. Find out if he has a special someone already. You can beat around the bush a little:
* What'd you do last night?
* Do you hang out with different people, or do you pretty much stick with the same crowd?
* Who do you usually end up spending the most time with?

11. Avoid doing all of the above with other guys.

12. Leave it be. Once you think you've got your message across, don't push it any further, but don't back off, either. The ball is in his court now.

13. Test his reaction to the idea of you and him. Don't come right out with it and blurt out, "I LOVE YOU!" Do it subtly. A good suggestion would be to say, "I had this weird dream last night where you and I were a couple." If he laughs or looks weirded out, laugh along and say, "Yeah, I know!" If he blushes or smiles, say something like, "But would that seem too weird?" If he truly likes you, he should reply with something along the lines of, "I don't think so." This is a good sign.(NOTE:He may just laugh along because he thinks you don't like him.)

14. Try and joke a lot with him. This is very good. If you catch him staring at you in a joking way, stare back,

15. Be yourself. If he doesn't like you for yourself, he doesn't like you, but don't worry, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

16. Remember to have your own life. Try not to get super clingy; some guys might like that, but it might be for all the wrong reasons.

17. If nothing else works, just straight out say "i like you." smile a little, and then turn away (so you don't make him feel embarrassed!.

Tips

* Start small and work your way up gradually, being attentive to how he responds every time you take it up a notch. You're better off taking your time rather than coming on too strong at once.
* Don't give him mixed signals! It will just confuse him. If he wants you, it will come clear to you eventually.
* Remember, guys like to feel like the 'man.' Boost his ego with a genuine compliment.
* If he doesn't get the hint you are saying, then simply tell him you like him, but don't come on too hard.
* Don't force him into becoming your boyfriend. It's just as hard for a guy to say "no" as it is for a girl.
* Be playful with him.

Warnings

* Just because you've let him know that you like him doesn't mean you've given him permission to put the moves on you faster than you'd prefer. Don't let any guy use the argument that you lead him on.
* Being mean is NOT a good way to let him know you're interested. This is just the perception from the media. For you, it may seem like a way to get him to notice you, but it'll just end up with him thinking you hate him.
* DO NOT flirt too much. If you're going to flirt, flirt mildly. If you don't, guys will think you're too much of a flirt and start making mean cracks about you. You don't want this.
* Remember that you are not required to have the same interests and hobbies as your guy. Guys can enjoy things that seem strange to you, don't pretend that you enjoy them too. However do be supportive of the things that make him happy. (eg: Differing tastes in music)

Things You'll Need

* Confidence
* Good hygiene
* A winning personality
* Your smile
* Trust in your self
* Be kind to him and his friends

http://the-worldofromance..com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by iice(f): 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2009
shocked People get time!
Practice in front of mirror ogini wetin?
Get straight to the point jare. . .chaii, lawd knows why i ain't a man. I will leave you in the dust cheesy

15. Be yourself. If he doesn't like you for yourself, he doesn't like you, but don't worry, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

16. Remember to have your own life. Try not to get super clingy; some guys might like that, but it might be for all the wrong reasons.

Here i agree. Hah, even as a girl i can't stand super clingy girls. . .and them plenty like wth??
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by tpia6: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Interesting read.
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by bombayz(m): 10:27am On Oct 28, 2014
give him bLOW*JOB right there in publicgrin
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by philantoxx(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2014
9 and 17 is d summary of the whole epistle.
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by tpia6: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Number 18 should be allow him if he decides he doesn't like you.
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by merit12(f): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2014
Observing

Tpia6 and tpia8 are you guys twin,husband and wife

You seem to be following each other bomba to bomba

No offence

Op are you black?

Never give up if you wanna try
Re: How To Show A Guy That You Like Him by yousouph07(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Cool tips

(1) (Reply)

Is He Cheating With His Ex? / Urgent Help Needed / Condom Leakage !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.