Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion (22084 Views)

Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
Your ignorance is the JOKE
Other states including Ogun Delta and Abia but NOT Anambra have been exporting Ugu for a while with NO NOISE
Ugu is retailed in Europe FROZEN

The 3rd picture is Ewedu

There is also frozen okra. These things have been around a while so Anambra should stop making noise
Anambra to this ......Anambra to that

Real people are already making real things happen quietly

People with many wives have been making babies for year and then one JJC just marries and announces he will have 12 children. Is it by mouth?
Painment

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by drss(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry
amala brain at work.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by woky: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pavore9:
In terms of land area Imo is bigger than Anambra and Imo already has an airport, Okorocha continue playing Ludo with Imo state! angry
Nwanne, Okoroawusa matter tire me!!. Everything abt his government is fatima tara(f9) angry
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by woky: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

you didn't derail the thread by campaigning for the second tenure of a failed president on it. IPOB is a tag I wear with pride, be free to call be that always, just like I expect you to wear your zombie tag with pride
my ribz oo cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by CyberWolf: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
afroniger:

Nna, even though Obiano is trying with his initiatives and ideas, the SE is still heavily dependent on food imports. Unless other governors in the region also show similar vigor and commitment, this Anambra efforts won't impact much. The other day a team from Anambra lamented that the state still spends millions weekly importing vegetables like tomatoes and peppers, poultry and fish. There is a big enough market locally that is yet to be met not to talk of exports. The entire region needs to compliment this sort of efforts and consistently build capacity to achieve self-sufficiency.
do you have any idea how we can cultivate pepper in a mechanized way?
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
9inches:

"...about seventy-five (75) farm products of which Ugu- pumpkin leaf tops the list, are exported from Nigeria to Europe and rest of the world."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-set-to-export-10m-worth-of-vegetables/

FG $10 million target, I mean target and not even real figures, but you people still managed to come up with ridiculous and laughable$5 billion lies and rubbish.. Must be some magical ugu...Btw, how many acres are they farming to arrive at this wonderful $5 billion export? Do you people even know what kind of farming operation that generates such huge number ..

Even Dangote with his multiple thousands of acre farms in many states and industrial and mechanized operations doesn't generate such huge fugurs and these jokers are insulting our intelligence with some village ugu leaves with zero serious, industrial or mechanized operationsgrin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Schematics:
Give us the Independent Nation of Anambra. cool

Truly, the Light of the entire black race..

lol @ aba made fake and bootlegged Lekki Ikoyi bridge.....

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
ibedun:
Dumb ass Igbo liars. Maybe Obianno has started smoking kainkain and akpu is blocking his brain nerves. Haba! 5 Billion dollars!!!

And these mo-rons want me to believe that Europe (a super protected market with punitive anti-dumping duties) is importing $5b worth of pumpkin leaves from an erosion challenged people with tiny portion of arable land. Igbo kwenu bloody lies.

Do they even know the kind of farming operation that generates such numbers? Even the most successful industrial scale farming operation in the US can not beat chest with that kind of number....smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Schematics: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ekoile, I heard you are now on drugs since you were sacked? Drug abuse is bad..cheesy

aresa:

lol @ aba made fake and bootlegged Lekki Ikoyi bridge.....

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
[s]
Schematics:
Ekoile, I heard you are now on drugs since you were sacked? Drug abuse is bad..cheesy

[/s]

Unintelligent rubbish bore me..

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Schematics: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ekoile, why have you taken to drug abuse, because anytime you make a comment one can deduce that it is as a result of drug abuse? It is not the end of the world, pick up yourself and move on.. cool

[s]
aresa:

Unintelligent rubbish bore me..
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
I'd love to see the hundreds of thousands or millions of acres of ugu leafs responsible for this magical $5 billion...

Where is this farm? In whose backyard is this farm.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by buchilino(m): 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Look, i cant stand dumb villagers mehn. What kind of shitty report is this? This news is meant for villagers consumption. Since when does an airline export agricultural products? angry

To add insult to injury you say Anambra State is a party to this crazy setup. Look, OP, you ought to be thrown in same cell with Kanu. What kind of bojuboju be dis now angry This deception is meant for Biafrans and supporters. Dont bring this kind of handicap into public anymore. This smells of abuse and corruption. Shhit! angry

EVEN NIGHT VIGIL PRAYERS CAN'T CURE UR MADNESS
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by buchilino(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Schematics:

NNA JUST PITY N PRAY 4 D POOR SOUL COS HE OR SHE IS HEADING DOWNSTAIRS.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by buchilino(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
ibedun:
Dumb ass Igbo liars. Maybe Obianno has started smoking kainkain and akpu is blocking his brain nerves. Haba! 5 Billion dollars!!!

And these mo-rons want me to believe that Europe (a super protected market with punitive anti-dumping duties) is importing $5b worth of pumpkin leaves from an erosion challenged people with tiny portion of arable land. Igbo kwenu bloody lies.

N SOMEONE IN NL WILL BE ASKING ME Y DO IGBOS HATE YORUBAS

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Schematics: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Does Ekoile help matters? He rather come online to expose his drug wrecked life..

buchilino:

NNA JUST PITY N PRAY 4 D POOR SOUL COS HE OR SHE IS HEADING DOWNSTAIRS.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by kayfra: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
Only way you can export $5 billion worth of Ugu is if you lace it with powdered coca wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
aresa:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fg-set-to-export-10m-worth-of-vegetables/

FG $10 million target, I mean target and not even real figures, but you people still managed to come up with ridiculous and laughable$5 billion lies and rubbish.. Must be some magical ugu...Btw, how many acres are they farming to arrive at this wonderful $5 billion export? Do you people even know what kind of farming operation that generates such huge number ..

Even Dangote with his multiple thousands of acre farms in many states and industrial and mechanized operations doesn't generate such huge fugurs and these jokers are insulting our intelligence with some village ugu leaves with zero serious, industrial or mechanized operationsgrin grin
The funny thing is they all seem to believe it just like theyy believe the story of how Uzor Kalu is rich the CBN begged him to take his money to the World Bank because the CBN could not cope with so much money .In the end the World Bank and the IMF had to split it grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aresa: 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
kayfra:
Only way you can export $5 billion worth of Ugu is if you lace it with powdered coca wink grin

Maybe they do... You just never know with these people..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by onyedikafreeman: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=PRXPERT post=42880886]I laugh at them when they think we still depend on them northern farmers! Aside beans we are currently producing everything in the east, by 2019 we will attain self sufficient in food production.. graduates are into farming! I know a medical doctor that has a farm! The thing is real!! [/quote

U are right. I'm a dentist n i own a farm. Farming is a very good biz. Its easy
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by shamecurls(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

AIRPLANES WILL START LIFTING YAM, COCOA, BEANS, RICE e.t.c grin grin grin
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Abujalandlord: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
another sweet talk targeted at fool and gullible nigerians

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by charlsecy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Since when does an airline export agricultural products?
I am sorry, but it looks like you have exposed your ignorance unduly, thereby disgracing yourself!

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Scholes007(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
gabicon:
I applaud the initiative, I just feel the numbers don't add up, $5billion with pumpkin leaves as the major cash crop doesn't make much sense. How many people or companies in the world consume or use pumkin leaves as raw material? Or better still who is the targeted market? If it were cassava as a major cash crop I would have believed it since it can be used to get starch and even alcohol. Good initiative by his Excellency at least he is doing something irrespective of if the numbers add up or not.
the deal is expected...$5 billion does not mean it is already five billion now. It is expected to grow upto that. Not because of anambra alone but other states. Guy to be serious am very much ashamed of some nigerians

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Scholes007(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Cuche:
Obiano is doing well and very soon the State will not be relying on Fed Allocation, however,
only Ugu can't be cultivated and sold to generate $5 billion. It is not possible even if the whole of Anambra becomes a farmland for Ugu and the world consumes only made in Anambra Ugu.
Not even rice can cultivated in Anambra can generate that per annum. I will really like to know how they arrived at that projection.
did you read the article at all. Was ugu the only the you read?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Scholes007:
did you read the article at all. Was ugu the only the you read?
even if they are planting cannabis or coca leaves it won't generate that much

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Deepfreezer(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
afroniger:

Nna, even though Obiano is trying with his initiatives and ideas, the SE is still heavily dependent on food imports. Unless other governors in the region also show similar vigor and commitment, this Anambra efforts won't impact much. The other day a team from Anambra lamented that the state still spends millions weekly importing vegetables like tomatoes and peppers, poultry and fish. There is a big enough market locally that is yet to be met not to talk of exports. The entire region needs to compliment this sort of efforts and consistently build capacity to achieve self-sufficiency.
which team?? what don't hey know about the state. come let me take you to places where agriculture is basically their means of livelihood in Anambra and they are making it big time. beans and cattle are the Major things Anambra state bring in from somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Scholes007(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
even if they are planting cannabis or coca leaves it won't generate that much
it said that the deal is expected...$5billion does not mean it is already 5 billion. All it means is ,it is expected to grow up to that. Not because of anambra alone but other places that will be linked to same deal.
Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by aribisala0(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Scholes007:
it said that the deal is expected...$5billion does not mean it is already 5 billion. All it means is ,it is expected to grow up to that. Not because of anambra alone but other places
That is a LIE it did not say that. YOU FOLK LIE A LOT

The word "EXPECTED" did not appear ANYWHERE

Go and read it and come back and apologize

Other Places are ALREADY doing business exporting Ugu with NO NOISE and NO FANFARE
There is frozen okro and ewedu and Ukazi and bitterleaf all over London for years
Frozen snails and all sorts Even Orijin and Nigerian Guiness. No one makes noise about these things so do not let anyone deceive you

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by Scholes007(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
aribisala0:
That is a LIE it did not say that. YOU FOLK LIE A LOT

The word "EXPECTED" did not appear ANYWHERE

Go and read it and come back and apologize

Other Places are ALREADY doing business exporting Ugu with NO NOISE and NO FANFARE
There is frozen okro and ewedu and Ukazi and bitterleaf all over London for years
Frozen snails and all sorts Even Orijin and Nigerian Guiness. No one makes noise about these things so do not let anyone deceive you

did you miss this place in the article......Confirming this to newsmen in Lagos, ABX World Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Captain John Okakpu, said that the gesture was capable of generating jobs, eliminating poverty and restoring investors’ confidence in the State. Capt. Okakpu added that they are working with other partners, Arik Air and SAHCOL to ensure that about seventy-five (75) farm products of which Ugu- pumpkin leaf tops the list, are exported from Nigeria to Europe and rest of the world.

He expressed optimism that the project will create millions of jobs in the country as more States queue-in into it. He said:

1 Like

Re: Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion by chymilano: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

so true ...common sense is not common anymore have u asked ur self the fastest means of taking perishable products to their export destination

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Receiving Award From Philip Shaibu (Throwback Photo) / Ondo State Govt Partners With German Firm To Build $1.1billion Medical City / APC Crisis: Saraki, Lai Mohammed Move Against Kwara Governor Over Caretaker List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.