Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu (17187 Views)

Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / Amaechi Is The Lion Of Africa – Dele Momodu / Dele Momodu Undergoes Eye Surgery - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
As soon as I saw the subtle attempt by Dele to absorb PMB of what's happening with our economy, I simply read the piece with an end in mind.

And by the way, the wailers abode is swelling everyday. But for the APC folks, Dele would have outrightly put the blame where it should be.....

Lalasticalala, PMB devoted five while months to put a great and angelic team in place......If those aren't his disciples, who shall they be?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by plaetton: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Thank you for this wonderful post. You nailed it so effortlessly. Thank you once again. I also like to know your views about Buhari not needing enemies at this time? I am sorry to bother you sir.

By saying that Buhari doesn't need enemies at this time, he subconsciously betrays the core attitudes of the ruling class.
For them it is always a " we we" and " them them".

Leadership, especially in a very complex society like Nigeria, is not a bed of roses.
The ever complex dynamics of statecraft can overwhelm anyone not made of sterner stuff. By sterner stuff I mean sincerity, broad mindedness and wise.

After winning the election, Buhari ought to see and treat all Nigerians as his ward and constituency.

I am one of those that got socially engineered( scammed) into expecting much, a redeeming quality from Buhari.

I regret to say that right now, I am not expecting much at all.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by vigasimple(m): 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
dearpreye:

With all due respect, considering PMB's weak attempt at trying to manipulate the NA into signing into law one of our most fraudulent statutory budgets into law, only depicts him as a very corrupt, incompetent and irresponsible leader.

PMB has NO such things as principles and character.

Thank you.

Buhari integrity posturing is Made in Nigeria for Nigerians.

A man who said Abacha was not corrupt is not to be taken serious. Abdulsalam is another one. OBJ and IBB.

The last election was about power shifting to the north by any means necessary.

GEJ is naive politically and inexperienced. He is not a military person and he clearly does not know how the military work and doesn't want to die via military coup or parallel government. He was practically bullied and blackmailed from office.

We need a new President for the disciples to follow a good lead. Flying all over the world when your country is burning is no such thing as a leader.

Btw, Buhari first time as head of state was by decree and Idiagbon was practically running the country. Until Idiagbon went to Hajj it was easy for Buhari goverment to be overthrow .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by sammhi(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sheggy13:

Your point about Fashola and Utomi particularly almost got me crying for this country. Or even imagine an Osinbajo, a renowned Professor of Law, playing second to a Buhari. If such tested and trusted men with proper education are overlooked for a Buhari, a certified bigot, whose educational credentials are in question simply because they cannot garner enough northern votes needed to upseat Jonathan , it tells you the joke of a country we are in. Truth be told, a lot of people especially from the entire Southern region had high hopes with Jonathan in 2011. In him people saw a man who rose from nothingness to such enviable heights even bagging a PhD. We felt we had a properly educated President with a humble beginning who would remember the poor and make Nigeria great again, but was the outcome? Jonathan betrayed the trust of the people. Himself and his cronies made the nation's treasury their personal cookie jar from which they deep their hands unrepentantly and plunged us into this unprecedented terrible economic woe we're currently experiencing today. Buhari was just unfortunate to have taken over at a time when things have really fallen apart. Here was a man under his reign we had the highest ever oil boom, selling at an average of $120 per barrel. People lost hope in the educated elites putting things right cos of Jonathan and were torn between the devil and the deep blue sea. They saw in Buhari a lesser evil. Whether that is true remains to be seen, but recent developments would challenge such assertion. Nigeria is just a messed up place I swear. Really don't know what we did to deserve these sets of leaders. The only promising one we had recently was cut short by the cold hands of death - Yar'Adua.

I liked your comment. however, the problem was the Yorubas or rada Tinubu who tot PMB will easily be manipulated. How he came into that conclusion baffled me
why was the kowa party lady not propped up? in 2011, I campaigned against GEJ and said its better to pick Adeola ticket..my take was I can't find any past records of GEJ to make him president or even his tenure as acting was uneventful.. how do you reward him. with a full term? o was a lone ranger in population of with fixed mindset. again in 2011, I told my audience both are not good enough, we need to pick some one with a good track record... no one listened....
my point is we don't take time to choose our leaders.. we are too in a hurry ..
Tinubu took his time to pik Fasola..and ambode ..maybe because he is alone..
selecting leaders is not about educational. qualification only but someone with proven track record of success in governance...that is called competence.... this must be the one and only priority if we are to get it right...
Fasola is corrupt buy done with some dignity..his works overshadowed the corrupt govt he ran in Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by FLYFIRE(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
slap1:
I stopped reading where he made reference to the past administration as being responsible for Buhari's failure.
@slap, thank you. This is the same man who ran away to Ghana when things became rough & only returned when Pres. Jonathan repaired things.

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by BeardedMeat(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
plaetton:

By saying that Buhari doesn't need enemies at this time, he subconsciously betrays the core attitudes of the ruling class.
For them it is always a " we we" and " them them".

Leadership, especially in a very complex society like Nigeria, is not a bed of roses.
The ever complex dynamics of statecraft can overwhelm anyone not made of sterner stuff. By sterner stuff I mean sincerity, broad mindedness and wise.

After winning the election, Buhari ought to see and treat all Nigerians as his ward and constituency.

I am one of those that got socially engineered( scammed) into expecting much, a redeeming quality from Buhari.

I regret to say that right now, I am not expecting much at all.
Great! Thank you sir!
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by libertyfather(m): 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
INTROVERT:

Him talk say previous government no try for naija, say as apc dey sell market last year say no be so Nigerians take they buy the market again. Sote the people wey them they call technocrats no dey different from jonathan own coz all of them na goat.. finally him talk say the bad bad people wey wan chop Nigeria money finish many pass the good people. Also say make Buhari go write nee budget as the former one only good to take use sell Akara and yam.

Make I continue?

Continue if it still remains
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by skipofem(f): 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
banmee:

Truth be told; as it is at the moment, their are only three people alive today that could lead Nigerians out of the mess they are in if they so choose. Obasanjo, Tinubu and Buhari. They have the experience and the leadership capabilities to lead. The only problem is, what kind of leaders are they? Obasanjo has proven that he would rather use his very imposing leadership style to perpetuate corruption, pettiness and his anti social policies and agenda. This man had the best of chances to lead Nigeria into a new era and he squandered it completely. Tinubu has already proven he can lead. From a young politician to governor and most impressively, the ability to form a party that would shake the very foundation which the PDP party stood on. His leadership style though leaves much to be desired. Very selfish, corrupt and with no regard for his fellow country man. Lastly we have Buhari. One very strong trait he has is he has perseverance and vision. He knows what he wants and doesn't care how long it takes to get it. He also has the ability to make people do what he wants which is the main reason he is president today. I know you would be like WTF, how can anyone call these individuals leaders? Well, it doesn't matter if you are a good or bad person when the word "leadership" is involved. Leadership is about guiding people through a certain path to a pre determined goal. Hitler, as evil as he was, was a great leader. He was able to transfer his deranged vision to the people of Germany and they followed without question. Without a doubt, if he had wanted to do great things instead of warring all over Europe he would have. Just because you are president or in a leadership position does not make you a leader. As seen from the debacle left by Jonathan. He wasn't a leader, which is why for some reason, a lot of things were happening which he most likely was not aware of. Some of his ministers he appointed were more powerful than he was. Take OBJ for example. During his time, no one dared phuck with him. The only thing your position affords you is TIME. Time to swim or sink yourself. The fact that Buhari is a leader is without question. The only problem is, is he a good person who genuinely has the interest of the masses at heart. Or is he like other leaders Nigeria has produced; Phucked up, selfish and with a messed up mentality. So far, it's kinda hard to tell.
buhari,Obj n Tinubu? Leave trash for LAWMA

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Wyttcat: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
The people that had access to the budget from the Minister of Budget to those helping did this to embarrass Buhari's govt and should be fired immediately. I've said it before, that Buhari should keep sensitive ministries away from the enemies of Nigeria who will stop at nothing to bring his govt down. This is just the beginning, they will sabotage many things in which they have access.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by banmee(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
skipofem:
buhari,Obj n Tinubu? Leave trash for LAWMA

When it comes to leadership, they would be the most capable. The only problem is they not your ideal human being.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Omooba77: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
plaetton:
So Dele Momudu has joined the blame train, huh?
shocked

Big laugh.

It's no longer GEJ, no longer God, no longer Babangida. It's now time to blame the government technocrats in the federal civil service for all the early failures , national embarrassments, hanky pankys, and lack of direction in Buhari's leadership ?

Big laugh indeed.

The first rule of leadership is taking full responsibility.

These daily deflections of responsibility shows that there are no leadership traits in Buhari and his band of budget-eating Locusts.
Lies has failed them,. Were they not same people praising the government for the budget .God bless and help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Omooba77: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
dearpreye:
As soon as I saw the subtle attempt by Dele to absorb PMB of what's happening with our economy, I simply read the piece with an end in mind.

And by the way, the wailers abode is swelling everyday. But for the APC folks, Dele would have outrightly put the blame where it should be.....

Lalasticalala, PMB devoted five while months to put a great and angelic team in place......If those aren't his disciples, who shall they be?

God bless you for this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Gbawe: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Reyginus:
He's too intellectually poor to get to such a position. Whenever I consider the men in APC who could have done better it irritates the more. I ask myself how can these intelligent men choose a man whose intelligence is one-fourth theirs split in four parts? As in how can a Fashola be behind a Buhari? Or a Pat Utomi? Or a Fayemi?

The answer stares right back at me. Because the majority worship a mortal, other better mortals must be relegated behind this mortal to please the majority. I just pray his ministers are not intimidated. Just look at Kemi? You'd think she's too daft to do anything but I strongly suspect she's not in charge. Democracy is not really a good system of governance.

Ironic you accuse Buhari of lacking intelligence when it is crystal, for anyone who knows and understand the reality of Nigeria, that you are the one who lacks intelligence and the ability to think critically. Could all those men, given the political climate in Nigeria in 2015, have won the Presidential election? Even an averagely bright child will tell you the answer is a big NO !!!

Some of you just come here to talk nonsense and insult others because you like the sound of your own voice. Which voting block would have made Utomi or Fayemi President in 2015? The one in your Village? People like you show the limited thinking capacity of an ill-exposed and highly limited mind. In this day and age you still think leadership is about Utomi or Fayemi-style intellect alone? I laugh at your ignorance. Go and inspect the CV of many who failed woefully under GEJ, like Aganga, Okonjo-Iweala et al, to note leadership is about much more than 'book knowledge'.

Even GEJ had a PHD yet where did his unprincipled and weak nature, that sits alongside his PHD, get Nigeria? Dude, go and sit down. You are an intellectual pygmy if at this your adult age you illogically believe, despite uncountable examples to the contrary worldwide, that intellectuals automatically make good leader and that average intellect precludes one from being a great and successful leader. We do not need Buhari to be Einstein. What a Nigerian President needs to have more than anything else, because of our peculiar problems, is unshakeable political will because nothing can be achieved by even the greatest intellect without this. Buhari has that more than all the names you mentioned and certainly more than someone like Okonjo-Iweala who, with her much vaunted intellect, came in and became a 'tool' that abetted the worst and most shameful looting of Nigeria's commonwealth ever seen. You simply make me laugh with your rudimentary outlook that is easily discredited by the reality and history of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Gbawe: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sheggy13:

Your point about Fashola and Utomi particularly almost got me crying for this country. Or even imagine an Osinbajo, a renowned Professor of Law, playing second to a Buhari. If such tested and trusted men with proper education are overlooked for a Buhari, a certified bigot, whose educational credentials are in question simply because they cannot garner enough northern votes needed to upseat Jonathan , it tells you the joke of a country we are in. Truth be told, a lot of people especially from the entire Southern region had high hopes with Jonathan in 2011. In him people saw a man who rose from nothingness to such enviable heights even bagging a PhD. We felt we had a properly educated President with a humble beginning who would remember the poor and make Nigeria great again, but was the outcome? Jonathan betrayed the trust of the people. Himself and his cronies made the nation's treasury their personal cookie jar from which they deep their hands unrepentantly and plunged us into this unprecedented terrible economic woe we're currently experiencing today. Buhari was just unfortunate to have taken over at a time when things have really fallen apart. Here was a man under his reign we had the highest ever oil boom, selling at an average of $120 per barrel. People lost hope in the educated elites putting things right cos of Jonathan and were torn between the devil and the deep blue sea. They saw in Buhari a lesser evil. Whether that is true remains to be seen, but recent developments would challenge such assertion. Nigeria is just a messed up place I swear. Really don't know what we did to deserve these sets of leaders. The only promising one we had recently was cut short by the cold hands of death - Yar'Adua.

What myopic world of personal arrogance and ignorance do some of you Nigerians live in !!! So being better educated than someone means you must be above them or refuse to work under them? No wonder some of you spend 15 years at Uni getting master degree upon master degrees yet you cannot even devise the innovations and solutions to uplift Nigeria. What a horrible, offensive and neanderthal comment. So in your ignorant mind Osinbajo must refuse to serve under buhari because he is educated to a higher level than our President? can you listen to yourself and how ridiculously daft you sound?

Do you guys look at trends worldwide or are you just stuck in your own ignorant and Naija-centred backwardness alone? Do you know how many in the UK conservative Party are better educated than David Cameron yet he is leader of them all and Prime Minister of the nation? By your reasoning we should just find the most well-educated man in the room and just hand him the leadership mantle!!! John Major, former Prime minister of the UK, never went to university yet many politicians better educated than him will never become Prime Minister.

An adult who does not understand that leadership is about much more than 'book knowledge' must have been living under a rock all his life or in Nigeria the land of warped thinking where people with inferiority complex assume that gathering PHDs and several Masters degree actually makes them better and more important than others. Absolutely backward and unbelievable nonsense !!!! Nigeria is not a "joke of a country". People like you make her a joke because of your unbelievable ignorance and backward mind.

3 Likes

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
PMB should resign and save us further embarrassment. The job is too much for him.

He is intellectually incompetent to lead Nigeria at this time.

It is not the job of the CBN governor to convince the president on why the naira should not be devalued. It is rather the president that should convince the CBN Governor.

It is impossible to convince a brain dead president on anything.

APC, please, beg your god to resign and save us further embarasement.

2 Likes

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by PreyingMantis(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
Iroh88:
So does Iroh88.

That document is a total mess and should be jettisoned altogether if possible. It in no way reflect the principles and character of the president.
Which character and principle? Buhari has neither character nor principle. He's a vindictive, disgruntled and incompetent old man. The Buhari that was presented to Nigerians by the APC was a cosmetic and repackaged character not in sync with the persona drafted to play that role... Hence what we're witnessing today is incompetence, mismanagement, fraud, confusion, inability to take responsibility hence the perpetual shifting of blames, disregard for the rule of law and a speedy collapse of the Nigerian state.

Between 1999 and 2011, Buhari came in his true skin and he was roundly rejected by Nigerians. Fast forward to 2015, disaster struck! An unholy and evil alliance was formed with certain politicians from the Southwest and undiscerning minds bought into their lies, propaganda and deception. The result is the mess Nigeria and Nigerians have found themselves in today. Posterity will forever judge the more than 15 million enemies of the Nigerian state who thumb-printed the disaster called Buhari into Aso Rock.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Ribaman(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
What is this one saying?
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Iroh88(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
PreyingMantis:
[s]Which character and principle? Buhari has neither character nor principle. He's a vindictive, disgruntled and incompetent old man. The Buhari that was presented to Nigerians by the APC was a cosmetic and repackaged character not in sync with the persona drafted to play that role... Hence what we're witnessing today is incompetence, mismanagement, fraud, confusion, inability to take responsibility hence the perpetual shifting of blames, disregard for the rule of law and a speedy collapse of the Nigerian state.

Between 1999 and 2011, Buhari came in his true skin and he was roundly rejected by Nigerians. Fast forward to 2015, disaster struck! An unholy and evil alliance was formed with certain politicians from the Southwest and undiscerning minds bought into their lies, propaganda and deception. The result is the mess Nigeria and Nigerians have found themselves in today. Posterity will forever judge the more than 15 million enemies of the Nigerian state who thumb-printed the disaster called Buhari into Aso Rock.[/s]
Kill yourself if it hurts you so much bro. smiley
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by chigoizie7(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
plaetton:
So Dele Momudu has joined the blame train, huh?
shocked

Big laugh.

It's no longer GEJ, no longer God, no longer Babangida. It's now time to blame the government technocrats in the federal civil service for all the early failures , national embarrassments, hanky pankys, and lack of direction in Buhari's leadership ?

Big laugh indeed.

The first rule of leadership is taking full responsibility.

These daily deflections of responsibility shows that there are no leadership traits in Buhari and his band of budget-eating Locusts.

Was it not because of the so called technocrats that PMB delayed the appointment of ministers and even merged some ministries, his reasons being that "Govt technocrats and permanent sec. Are there, so why waste money on mere ministers.

Please can u remind me of what he called "ministers" then in other to downgrade them.

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Pavarottii(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Reyginus:
He's too intellectually poor to get to such a position. Whenever I consider the men in APC who could have done better it irritates the more. I ask myself how can these intelligent men choose a man whose intelligence is one-fourth theirs split in four parts? As in how can a Fashola be behind a Buhari? Or a Pat Utomi? Or a Fayemi?

The answer stares right back at me. Because the majority worship a mortal, other better mortals must be relegated behind this mortal to please the majority. I just pray his ministers are not intimidated. Just look at Kemi? You'd think she's too daft to do anything but I strongly suspect she's not in charge. Democracy is not really a good system of governance.
99% of developed country developed because of democracy. Those 30something years of military rule, was in total capacity, a waste.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by lagdmark(m): 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
What if PMB just tender his apologies and resign immediately, it's now abviuos that seat is too Hot!.

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by PabloAfricanus(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
p
banmee:

Truth be told; as it is at the moment, their are only three people alive today that could lead Nigerians out of the mess they are in if they so choose. Obasanjo, Tinubu and Buhari. They have the experience and the leadership capabilities to lead. The only problem is, what kind of leaders are they? Obasanjo has proven that he would rather use his very imposing leadership style to perpetuate corruption, pettiness and his anti social policies and agenda. This man had the best of chances to lead Nigeria into a new era and he squandered it completely. Tinubu has already proven he can lead. From a young politician to governor and most impressively, the ability to form a party that would shake the very foundation which the PDP party stood on. His leadership style though leaves much to be desired. Very selfish, corrupt and with no regard for his fellow country man. Lastly we have Buhari. One very strong trait he has is he has perseverance and vision. He knows what he wants and doesn't care how long it takes to get it. He also has the ability to make people do what he wants which is the main reason he is president today. I know you would be like WTF, how can anyone call these individuals leaders? Well, it doesn't matter if you are a good or bad person when the word "leadership" is involved. (Remember that armed robbers have leaders too). Leadership is about guiding people through a certain path to a pre determined goal. Hitler, as evil as he was, was a great leader. He was able to transfer his deranged vision to the people of Germany and they followed without question. Without a doubt, if he had wanted to do great things instead of warring all over Europe he would have. Just because you are president or in a leadership position does not make you a leader. As seen from the debacle left by Jonathan. He wasn't a leader, which is why for some reason, a lot of things were happening which he most likely was not aware of. Some of his ministers he appointed were more powerful than he was. Take OBJ for example. During his time, no one dared phuck with him. The only thing your position affords you is TIME. Time to swim or sink yourself. The fact that Buhari is a leader is without question. The only problem is, is he a good person who genuinely has the interest of the masses at heart. Or is he like other leaders Nigeria has produced; Phucked up, selfish and with a messed up mentality. So far, it's kinda hard to tell.

Sorry but i beg to disagree.
Nigeria is blessed with quality, conscientous and enlightened leaders...from all regions.
they just do not have the 'thug connect' of military cronies and 'big money' connect of international looters
to present themselves for duty...without fear of danger to their lives,families and retirement funds.
Those names you listed up there are among the top 50 of our national problems and have never had the best of Nigeria's in mind.
The mantle of leadership actually falls on the youths...you and I.
Are we going to spend another decade of erratic power supply, university strikes, fuel scarcity, horrible infrastructure...waiting for these recycled old political merchants?

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by banmee(m): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
PabloAfricanus:
p

Sorry but i beg to disagree.
Nigeria is blessed with quality, conscientous and enlightened leaders...from all regions.
they just do not have the 'thug connect' of military cronies and 'big money' connect of international looters
to present themselves for duty...without fear of danger to their lives,families and retirement funds.
Those names you listed up there are among the top 50 of our national problems and have never had the best of Nigeria's in mind.
The mantle of leadership actually falls on the youths...you and I.
Are we going to spend another decade of erratic power supply, university strikes, fuel scarcity, horrible infrastructure...waiting for these recycled old political merchants?

If you bothered to read through my post, you would have seen that i had already determined that they are corrupt leaders. The whole premise of the article is to make people understand what leadership really is. Nigerians often consider the acquisition of wealth or popularity as same as leadership. Which is one reason people consider fayose to be a leader. He is not. The individuals i have mentioned have the potential of using their gift of leadership for good if they so choice. The main reason i chose these individuals is because they have passed through and understand the law of process.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by jaxxy(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Reyginus:

Everybody makes a big deal about d intelligence of Buhari like dats all it takes to govern. Which is false. U don't need to be an Einstein to rule all u need to to be able to decern and know d wright people and team to work with. Yes he has most of the final says bt knowing how to delegate and hold people accountable matters more. Also been able to realise ur mistake and correct them appropriately and effectively helps.

I believe this are faults in his key cabinet positions especially since he's not d smartest. For instance CBN gov and finance minster are clearly out if their league and barely know how to handle the present turbulence we are facing economically. Buhari should work with credible people who are vast and experienced now and not rookies while he pursues his anti corruption campaign.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by jaxxy(m): 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
vigasimple:

Thank you.

Buhari integrity posturing is Made in Nigeria for Nigerians.

A man who said Abacha was not corrupt is not to be taken serious. Abdulsalam is another one. OBJ and IBB.

The last election was about power shifting to the north by any means necessary.

GEJ is naive politically and inexperienced. He is not a military person and he clearly does not know how the military work and doesn't want to die via military coup or parallel government. He was practically bullied and blackmailed from office.

We need a new President for the disciples to follow a good lead. Flying all over the world when your country is burning is no such thing as a leader.

Btw, Buhari first time as head of state was by decree and Idiagbon was practically running the country. Until Idiagbon went to Hajj it was easy for Buhari goverment to be overthrow .

GEJ wasn't actually bullied out of power, he had lost control of his govt to his corrupt aides. Buhari came in as a recuse mission of some sort by d APC(tho not fully structured or cohesive) GEJ Ws doing well the north wud have waited till 2019. I tell u dat as a fact and nothing will happen.

Buhari has goodwill bt need the very best hands now I mean d very best. Not rookies like am if wot I see in his cabinet. Dats all
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by jaxxy(m): 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:

I opined before elections that why not make Fashola the candidate if APC believed he's a performer though I ain't a fan of that party or fashola.

The truth is buhari has no business being in government cos he's not qualified nor competent for a complex society like ours at a critical period as this. He's a statist, analogue minded, undiplomatic, tribal bigot, doesn't believe in our judiciary and surrounded himself with yes men.

Unfortunately majority of those that voted him to power thought governance is all about fighting corruption whilst the selfish power brokers got a free ride on buhari back into seat of power.

Fighting curruption is very crucial in governance no country can go anywhere or attain greatness without it unless u just want to delude urself. GEJ refused to fight it and it lead us here. Even d curruption were scared of d new corruption level we were approaching they had to rescue d situation.

I still dare say Buhari is on d right part sofar bt the only mistake he has made is choosing rookies and mediocres in his cabinet dats all. He need only d VERY BEST hands to work with him now to stear the economy back even as he fights corruption.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by PabloAfricanus(m): 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
banmee:

If you bothered to read through my post, you would have seen that i had already determined that they are corrupt leaders. The whole premise of the article is to make people understand what leadership really is. Nigerians often consider the acquisition of wealth or popularity as same as leadership. Which is one reason people consider fayose to be a leader. He is not. The individuals i have mentioned have the potential of using their gift of leadership for good if they so choice. The main reason i chose these individuals is because they have passed through and understand the law of process.

naaaaa....read ya analysis. I just disagree with the first assertions concerning those examples of bad leadership.
Obj had his chance under an autocratic military regime, foistered an unbelievably devious Land Use act on the country..came back from prison to still goof around in a self aggrandizing babacracy.
$16 billion spent generating invisible electricity for nigerians in the future...only for phcn to still be auctioned off just a few years
after Obj left power. I could list more fine examples of Obj's economic and administrative fvckeries. Obj has always been a fortunate man...good for him. only snag is few nigerians know him for the joker that he is.
in a few years time, the broader implications of Obj's land use act would come back to haunt Nigeria...among many other instances of policy fvckery that has gotten us in the quagmire we arw today. So Obj does not cut it.

Tinubu is just a glorified power hungry oppportunist...albeit a highly intelligent one. I think he's already highly compromised in international
circles and at best can only function as an american or british fifth columnist. Tinubu would have made a fine candidate as his penchant for growing revenue using intelligent minds is sorely needed at the center. Sadly those that know him well would never entrust such positions to him. but then who knows 2moro?

Buhari has no business formulating policies or guiding government policy. His background is in strict execution of military orders already thought out by more intellectual minds. His ideas of governance are based on Fulani feudalist ideologies and statist slave based theories such as the one run in the Fulani emirates...where the Sharia laws, Hadiths and all knowing mullahs take the place of progressive intellectual thinkers.
Buhari would at best make a good NSA or Senate president...NEVER a president of a country as fragmented and complex as Nigeria. I wish him well though in his second coming...he fought for it anyways.

My point is that we...the youths of today...should stop making excuses for failed leaders and disastrous economic policies that have more or less crippled Nigeria's rise as a great nation. No level of analysis will justify our not being able to boast of 72 hours constant electricity IN 2016!
The blame lies squarely at the doors of these inept looters who have always been there since the 1960s.
Its time for the youths of this country to brace themselves up for the challenges of credible leadership and policy formation.

my opinions.

1 Like

Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by banmee(m): 12:04am On Feb 14, 2016
PabloAfricanus:

naaaaa....read ya analysis. I just disagree with the first assertions concerning those examples of bad leadership.
Obj had his chance under an autocratic military regime, foistered an unbelievably devious Land Use act on the country..came back from prison to still goof around in a self aggrandizing babacracy.
$16 billion spent generating invisible electricity for nigerians in the future...only for phcn to still be auctioned off just a few years
after Obj left power. I could list more fine examples of Obj's economic and administrative fvckeries. Obj has always been a fortunate man...good for him. only snag is few nigerians know him for the joker that he is.
in a few years time, the broader implications of Obj's land use act would come back to haunt Nigeria...among many other instances of policy fvckery that has gotten us in the quagmire we arw today. So Obj does not cut it.

Tinubu is just a glorified power hungry oppportunist...albeit a highly intelligent one. I think he's already highly compromised in international
circles and at best can only function as an american or british fifth columnist. Tinubu would have made a fine candidate as his penchant for growing revenue using intelligent minds is sorely needed at the center. Sadly those that jnow him well would never entrust such positions to him. but then who knows 2moro?

Buhari has no business formulating policies or guiding government policy. His background is in strict execution of military orders already thought out by more intellectual minds. His ideas of governance are based on Fulani feudalist ideologies and statist slave based theories such as the one run in the Fulani emirates...where the Sharia laws, Hadiths and all knowing mullahs take the place of progressive intellectual thinkers.
Buhari would at best make a good NSA or Senate president...NEVER a president of a country as fragmented and complex as Nigeria. I wish him well though in his second coming...he fought for it anyways.

My point is that we...the youths of today...should stop making excuses for failed leaders and disastrous economic policies that has more or less crippled Nigeria's rise as a great nation. No level of analysis will justify our not being able to boast of 72 hours constant electricity IN 2016!
The blame lies squarely at the doors of these inept looters who have always been there since the 1960s.
Its time for the youths of this country to brace themselves up for the challenges of credible leadership and policy formation.

my opinions.

As far as i am concerned, you are just repeating everything i have said in my initial post but you are confusing a leader with being a good or bad person. I also used Hitler as an example of how great leaders can also be bad. With all the crimes he committed, you cannot take away the fact the he was an outstanding leader. Leadership has nothing to do with how good or bad a person is. It is about how one can transfer his vision to people and make them achieve it.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by jsb(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dele you are pretending as if you do not know that education is a sin in your Presidents mind..
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by davidif: 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Someone wise once said that management is putting the right people in the right place and getting out of the way. I feel that Mr. President would be wise to heed that.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
ovadozes:
"He needs disciples not enemies at this time"....he who has ears let him hear.
Nigerians don't hv ears, u either use the hand sign language or the Blair or barrage of guns. we are accustomed to primitive and crude life. even a stubborn goat seem more obedient than an average Nigerian.
Re: 'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wyttcat:
The people that had access to the budget from the Minister of Budget to those helping did this to embarrass Buhari's govt and should be fired immediately. I've said it before, that Buhari should keep sensitive ministries away from the enemies of Nigeria who will stop at nothing to bring his govt down. This is just the beginning, they will sabotage many things in which they have access.
May God Bless you my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Valid Points Why The Next President Of Nigeria Should Be A Woman / Your Presidential Ambition Dead On Arrival - Angry Nigerian Students To Ngige / States Divided Over FG's ₦‎35,000 Wage Awards To Federal Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.