Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed (7284 Views)

Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / 12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration / Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by effyzie01(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2016
Is this a good or a bad move?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the Appointment of New vice chancellors for the 12 underlisted universities.
1-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,OYE EKITI, Prof.Kayode Soremekun
2-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSE,JIGAWA STATE: Prof Fatima Batoul Mukhtar
3-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BIRNIN KEBBI -Prof Auwal H Yadudu
4-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSENMA,KATSINA STATE-Prof. Haruna Abdu Kaita
5-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,GASHUA,YOBE STATE-Prof Abdrew Haruna
7-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LAFIA,NASARAWA STATE-Prof. Muhammad Sanusi Liman
8-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU,ZAMFARA STATE-Prof Magaji Garba
9-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA-Prof Angela Freeman Miri
10-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY KASHERE,GOMBE STATE-Prof Alhassan Muhammad Gani
11-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDIFU-ALIKE,EBONYI STATE -Prof Chinedum Nwajiuba
12-FEDRAL UNIVERSITY OTUOKE,BAYELSA STATE-Prof Seth Accra Jaja
12-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY WUKARI,TARABA STATE-Prof Muhammad Kundiri

Wip7 seun what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by krysTein(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2016
cool
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by christinie(f): 9:01am On Feb 13, 2016
You mean those universities built and established by GEJ? Hope it won't be reserved for those people only...
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Elosky20: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2016
there was once a country

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by tommysparks: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2016
Na wa oh.
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by effyzie01(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2016
christinie:
You mean those universities built and established by GEJ? Hope it won't be reserved for those people only...

Yes oo!

We hope so oo!

This is my answer to a guy who argued that we should view and accept this move as part of the 'change' mantra:

"Hehehehe! Comrade, the change advocates promise to create strong institutions. Strong institutions are only created when the rules governing their establishment are enforced and insulated from external influence. Change didn't promise to break the law, it promised to enforce it. In this case, it was broken."

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2016
effyzie01:
Is this a good or a bad move?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the Appointment of New vice chancellors for the 12 underlisted universities.
1-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,OYE EKITI, Prof.Kayode Soremekun
2-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSE,JIGAWA STATE: Prof Fatima Batoul Mukhtar
3-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BIRNIN KEBBI -Prof Auwal H Yadudu
4-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSENMA,KATSINA STATE-Prof. Haruna Abdu Kaita
5-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,GASHUA,YOBE STATE-Prof Abdrew Haruna
7-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LAFIA,NASARAWA STATE-Prof. Muhammad Sanusi Liman
8-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU,ZAMFARA STATE-Prof Magaji Garba
9-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA-Prof Angela Freeman Miri
10-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY KASHERE,GOMBE STATE-Prof Alhassan Muhammad Gani
11-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDIFU-ALIKE,EBONYI STATE -Prof Chinedum Nwajiuba
12-FEDRAL UNIVERSITY OTUOKE,BAYELSA STATE-Prof Seth Accra Jaja
12-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY WUKARI,TARABA STATE-Prof Muhammad Kundiri

Wip7 seun what do you think?

Source
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by dharmieex: 10:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Source ?
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by hysteriabox(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2016
Source o
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by akinyeleaa: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2016
Source ke. It was on AIT news last night na, Una no believe? I think there should be a repeat broadcast during their 12 news today.

Pls, can anyone help with their biographies especially that prof. Soremekun, I need it ASAP and can't seem to find any on google

Do mention me if u can help with my request
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by pascosoft: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2016
As for that of federal University Lafia I think it's a neutral move or good move cos professor liman is the present HOD of physics department. So he is already in the system. Secondly the vcs where not removed. Their tenures had expired so it was necessary to appoint new vcs

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 13, 2016
pascosoft:
As for that of federal University Lafia I think it's a neutral move or good move cos professor liman is the present HOD of physics department. So he is already in the system. Secondly the vcs where not removed. Their tenures had expired so it was necessary to appoint new vcs

Congrats to Lafia then...an internal member got it. So he already knows the issues in the school and should fix it
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Sphilip1(m): 11:39am On Feb 13, 2016
Chai.. change is speaking
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by pascosoft: 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
But I think on a second note it's the governing council that elects a vc
ejibaba:

Congrats to Lafia then...an internal member got it. So he already knows the issues in the school and should fix it
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by daveP(m): 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
They werent removed. My vC's tenure expired and we know this.

From FUL, Kogi

Dont bring back Trash From GarbageCity.

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by hotboz: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
akinyeleaa:
Source ke. It was on AIT news last night na, Una no believe? I think there should be a repeat broadcast during their 12 news today.

Pls, can anyone help with their biographies especially that prof. Soremekun, I need it ASAP and can't seem to find any on google

Do mention me if u can help with my request
Do u work in FUOYE? Cos I do.. Been looking for his biography too.
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by bright007(f): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Replace them with northerners
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Olabodedennis(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
It's a good move to me o, I am a student of Federal University Oye Ekiti, nd our vcs as being an igbo man right from d beginning instead of a yoruba like oda Federal Universities located in South west. I think it's a good news for we d students of Federal University Oye-Ekiti. Cos I believe our skull fees will reduce.

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by christinie(f): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Change is no change if it isn't positive.

I quite agree with you.

effyzie01:

Yes oo!

We hope so oo!

This is my answer to a guy who argued that we should view and accept this move as part of the 'change' mantra:

"Hehehehe! Comrade, the change advocates promise to create strong institutions. Strong institutions are only created when the rules governing their establishment are enforced and insulated from external influence. Change didn't promise to break the law, it promised to enforce it. In this case, it was broken."
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by 500samuel(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
change
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Unibenstudents: 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Uniben Dean of Law should be banned for this too
Complaint On Harrasment Of Students By The Dean Of Uniben Faculty Of Law
https://www.nairaland.com/2930628/complaint-harrasment-students-dean-uniben#42873720
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by effyzie01(m): 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
FriendChoice:

Source
NTA broadcast news, on February 12th
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by akinyeleaa: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
hotboz:

Do u work in FUOYE? Cos I do.. Been looking for his biography too.
I never dey work o, still searching. My relative works there tho
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by effyzie01(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
On the other hand, the president as visitor of the universities has no power to appoint or remove any VC of a university with a governing council.

So, from whatever angle one looks at this, I think it is a bad move
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by tomioro(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Many of us are ignorant of the laws. After the expiration of a VC, the Governing Council of such University will forward to the President who is the Visitor 3 names of candidates from which the President picks one. He has that power to appoint under the law establishing the Universities.

1 Like

Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
pascosoft:
But I think on a second note it's the governing council that elects a vc

Not in all cases...Wukari's case was different
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by Frostty: 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
i fink sum check need to be done on dis platform coz alot of ppl just come here wit misleadin info.thr tenure has expired d governin council will shortlist candidates 4 d position and d president selct and confirm d appointment
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by pascosoft: 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Well said frostty
Frostty:
i fink sum check need to be done on dis platform coz alot of ppl just come here wit misleadin info.thr tenure has expired d governin council will shortlist candidates 4 d position and d president selct and confirm d appointment
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by effyzie01(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
tomioro:
Many of us are ignorant of the laws. After the expiration of a VC, the Governing Council of such University will forward to the President who is the Visitor 3 names of candidates from which the President picks one. He has that power to appoint under the law establishing the Universities.

No sir, the president as Visitor to the universities is to merely be informed of the Council's choice. Nothing more.
Re: Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed by SonOfEl(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2016
Olabodedennis:
It's a good move to me o, I am a student of Federal University Oye Ekiti, nd our vcs as being an igbo man right from d beginning instead of a yoruba like oda Federal Universities located in South west. I think it's a good news for we d students of Federal University Oye-Ekiti. Cos I believe our skull fees will reduce.

You are simply begrudged because your vc is Igbo, and you biasely attributed high school fees (money)to him because he is Igbo.....I know your type

(1) (Reply)

What Next After Hnd....my Advice / Exxon Mobil Scholarship / See RCCG Pastor Who Bagged 6 Ph.d, 4 Masters And 4 First Degrees--pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.