Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet (45791 Views)

How Can I Keep Natural Hair / Ladies Order Your Packs Of Tummy Slimming Patch Product Now / My Weightloss Pictures, I Lost 34kg With Skipping Rope And Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by fashionengineer(f): 9:08am On Feb 13, 2016
http://www.thefashionengineer.com/2015/10/27/how-i-keep-my-tummy-flat-on-a-nigerian-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn’t it annoying whenever you look up diet tips, there’s like all of this oyinbo food that you don’t even eat anyway? Well don’t worry, I’m going to keep it 100% real with you all, like yeah I’m Nigerian-American, but in my house growing up, it was strictly Nigeria. I cook Nigerian food probably like 90% of the time, and when I’m on the go I will pick up a hamburger or something if I have a lot of programming work to do and I don’t have the time to cook. Okay so I’m going to share with you all some diet tricks and tips that I use to get my stomach flat, because Nigerian food is nice, but sometimes it can be extremely fattening, and it SHOWS!

Why are you putting all of that oil in your stew
Stop it. Just calm down. Take a step back and ask yourself if you really need ALL of that oil in there. It may take some time to get used to cooking with less oil, but if you start by cutting down an eighth every time, you’ll slowly get used to it. Also, if you can try cooking your soup/stew with extra virgin olive oil, even better if it is LIGHT extra virgin olive oil.

Indomie Does Not Count As Nigerian Food
Like for real ladies, stop playing. Stop being lazy. If you can cook it that fast, you can gain the fat even faster. Have you ever looked at the nutritional values on the back of a package of Indomie? Research has even shown that the consumption of too many instant noodles leads to heart attacks/ heart disease. Not only does Indomie cause belly fat, but TOO many instant noodles could be detrimental to your health. Just cool it on the Indomie. Just don’t even buy it. I only allow myself to eat one pack of Indomie a month. It’s just not worth it to me.

Don’t attack me please.. But leave that iyan alone. You have to!
I know a lot of you all love your iyan. I love my iyan too. I promise. But it’s like extremely fattening. You would gag if you knew how many calories were in one cup. Another high calorie food is semolina, which doesn’t really mean much to me, because I don’t care for the taste of semo to be honest. Sorry for all you ladies that do (610 calories a cup! Chai! but that’s still better than iyan!)…And this is why eba will always be BAE. Forever and a day! 110 calories per cup. Does it get any better than that? Don’t judge me, but I eat a lot of eba, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. You don’t have to eat eba, but if you want to eat other foods, just be aware of the calorie intake, and eat in moderation.

If you can, eat brown rice and leave that white rice alone
Brown rice actually has about 15 more calories per serving than white rice, but here’s the thing, brown rice is A LOT LESS PROCESSED THAN WHITE RICE. What this means is that brown rice is going to breakdown properly in your system and go through all of the steps of your digestive system, leaving you with less of a glucose level spark. What does that mean? That means you will feel a lot FULLER after you eat brown rice, than when you eat white rice. And that will lead to less snacking. Less snacking? That’s good!

Egusi Is Bae..Forever
Egusi has one of the fats that your body actually needs! It is rich in Omega 3’s! This not only helps you lose weight, but it helps your hair grow stronger and faster! So make that egusi soup, but like all things, that doesn’t mean you should overdo it!

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by samuelchimmy(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmm,nice writeup,
lalasticlala fp please so many people need to see this.

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by vicstar(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2016
I commend u for this tips cool very essential

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by lonelydora: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nice tips. Thanks God I love Egusi soup

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Yomiesnug: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Just stay away from junk food and exercise regularly especially situps and you will be fine

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Juliuxxxxx: 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
ok
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by olimaintain(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
and where is the tummy

4 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
I don't observe any of the aforementioned tips yet I still maintain a very flat tummy even after over feeding for a month grin, I think some times it's hereditary .

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Drinkwater(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Work the shhit out

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justmenoni: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Great op...whenever I eat semolina going to bed is usually a problem..I think I will opt for wheat or better still blend oatmeal into powder and use it as replacement for swallow grin grin and op tea is also one of the magic...grapefruit,watermelon, cucumber all aids digestion...good to know eba is bae...

2 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Eba is bea oh, okro is better than egusi soup for weight loss, lower calories, but u can take a egusi once in a while.

11 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by hakinze00(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
Y didn't u snap nd upload d pix of ur belly for confirmation?

11 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Michellla(f): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
teamflattummy# cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by condralbede(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nice tip...

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Omotayor123(f): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
OP you try well well.... But if I hear say I leave rice and Indomie alone undecided undecided tongue

3 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Chuksworld(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
I was expecting to see list of Nigeria food one can be eating...... So dissappointed to only see eba and eguisi.
Op please explain brown rice and white rice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by banmee(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
fashionengineer:
http://www.thefashionengineer.com/2015/10/27/how-i-keep-my-tummy-flat-on-a-nigerian-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn’t it annoying whenever you look up diet tips, there’s like all of this oyinbo food that you don’t even eat anyway? Well don’t worry, I’m going to keep it 100% real with you all, like yeah I’m Nigerian-American, but in my house growing up, it was strictly Nigeria. I cook Nigerian food probably like 90% of the time, and when I’m on the go I will pick up a hamburger or something if I have a lot of programming work to do and I don’t have the time to cook. Okay so I’m going to share with you all some diet tricks and tips that I use to get my stomach flat, because Nigerian food is nice, but sometimes it can be extremely fattening, and it SHOWS!

Why are you putting all of that oil in your stew
Stop it. Just calm down. Take a step back and ask yourself if you really need ALL of that oil in there. It may take some time to get used to cooking with less oil, but if you start by cutting down an eighth every time, you’ll slowly get used to it. Also, if you can try cooking your soup/stew with extra virgin olive oil, even better if it is LIGHT extra virgin olive oil.

Indomie Does Not Count As Nigerian Food
Like for real ladies, stop playing. Stop being lazy. If you can cook it that fast, you can gain the fat even faster. Have you ever looked at the nutritional values on the back of a package of Indomie? Research has even shown that the consumption of too many instant noodles leads to heart attacks/ heart disease. Not only does Indomie cause belly fat, but TOO many instant noodles could be detrimental to your health. Just cool it on the Indomie. Just don’t even buy it. I only allow myself to eat one pack of Indomie a month. It’s just not worth it to me.

Don’t attack me please.. But leave that iyan alone. You have to!
I know a lot of you all love your iyan. I love my iyan too. I promise. But it’s like extremely fattening. You would gag if you knew how many calories were in one cup. Another high calorie food is semolina, which doesn’t really mean much to me, because I don’t care for the taste of semo to be honest. Sorry for all you ladies that do (610 calories a cup! Chai! but that’s still better than iyan!)…And this is why eba will always be BAE. Forever and a day! 110 calories per cup. Does it get any better than that? Don’t judge me, but I eat a lot of eba, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. You don’t have to eat eba, but if you want to eat other foods, just be aware of the calorie intake, and eat in moderation.

If you can, eat brown rice and leave that white rice alone
Brown rice actually has about 15 more calories per serving than white rice, but here’s the thing, brown rice is A LOT LESS PROCESSED THAN WHITE RICE. What this means is that brown rice is going to breakdown properly in your system and go through all of the steps of your digestive system, leaving you with less of a glucose level spark. What does that mean? That means you will feel a lot FULLER after you eat brown rice, than when you eat white rice. And that will lead to less snacking. Less snacking? That’s good!

Egusi Is Bae..Forever
Egusi has one of the fats that your body actually needs! It is rich in Omega 3’s! This not only helps you lose weight, but it helps your hair grow stronger and faster! So make that egusi soup, but like all things, that doesn’t mean you should overdo it!

You can eat any food you like. The trick to a healthy body, in this case, a flat tummy, is portioning your food and engaging in exercises.

10 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justmenoni: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Really.. Another lesson learnt.. Thk God okro is even cheaper grin grin

ivyicey:
Eba is bea oh, okro is better than egusi soup for weight loss, lower calories, but u can take a egusi once in a while.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
i eat semo and iyan and rice well well..but im slim and have very flat tummy. runs in the family..

so lemme keep eating them grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by boboLIL(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
I don chop heaven and earth yet I never fat... Abeg I wan add oh....

6 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by sweetchizzy(f): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
welldone o
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Adesiji77: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pics of the tummy or...

Just kidding cheesy grin

Thanks for sharing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
[/b]MY story of flat tummy[b]
Don't eat anything past 5, personally, I only take fruits when it's past 5pm. My body is so used to it that if I eat any food around 6pm, to sleep will be very hard.

Try to 'plank' for 45seconds a day, it works like magic. You will see changes within 7days. Check on line. It works for me.

Great body is 70% diet and 30% exercise.
After my prayers in the morning, I do 10 push ups, 30 jumping jacks, 10 Russian twist, yoga and dolphin push ups and sometimes I forget. Believe me, a day won't go without peeps admiring my flat tummy. People even ask me if I eat at all.
I plan to keep this even after giving birth.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justi4jesu(f): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Eba will always be BAE. Yeah right wink cheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
High intensity exercise and weight training does it for me... i eat whatever i like moderately.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lacomus:
I don't observe any of the aforementioned tips yet I still maintain a very flat tummy even after over feeding for a month grin, I think some times it's hereditary .

Very true talk. Some are just blessed...'

3 Likes

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by anonimi: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Great thread/post except that you left out FRUITS.
Are you confirming that fruits are not part of the Nigerian diet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justi4jesu(f): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Everyone on Nairaland now has flat tummy. I just dey look una Liarsss grin

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When A Female Wears A Ring On Her Thumb Or Index Finger / Best Solution For Stretch Marks / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.