Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Information About Sweden Visa - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information About Sweden Visa (102990 Views)

Enquiries About Sweden Visa / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Who Knows About Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 5:23pm On May 13, 2017
Bandeco:

I suppose your study will last for more than a year?

In this case, As a first time applicant. You need to show funds for 11months. That is 8064 x 11=88704. This is so because you will be granted 13months residence permit as a first timer which makes you eligible to register with the Swedish tax office (skatteverket) and obtain a Swedish personal number (personümmer)

If you show funds for 10months, you will be given 12months residence permit which makes you ineligible to register with the tax agency. In this case you will not get a Swedish personal number(personümmer) and consequently will not be covered by the Swedish social insurance scheme.. No free health-care. Difficulty in opening a bank account etc etc

Is one year master's program....the school already gave me insurance for the period.

Again, you know how things be presently I don't have enough money again due to current exchange rate.

According to their site they 're ok with 10months maintenance fee I will go for that

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Studying-in-Sweden/Universities-and-university-college.html

1 Like

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 5:38pm On May 13, 2017
Bandeco:

I suppose your study will last for more than a year?

In this case, As a first time applicant. You need to show funds for 11months. That is 8064 x 11=88704. This is so because you will be granted 13months residence permit as a first timer which makes you eligible to register with the Swedish tax office (skatteverket) and obtain a Swedish personal number (personümmer)

If you show funds for 10months, you will be given 12months residence permit which makes you ineligible to register with the tax agency. In this case you will not get a Swedish personal number(personümmer) and consequently will not be covered by the Swedish social insurance scheme.. No free health-care. Difficulty in opening a bank account etc etc

Will they denie me the resident permit because of that because no fund again..all I have now is my maintenance fee, the first tuition deposits and the remaining part.

1 Like

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Bandeco(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2017
Atigba:

Is one year master's program....the school already gave me insurance for the period.

Again, you know how things be presently I don't have enough money again due to current exchange rate.

According to their site they 're ok with 10months maintenance fee I will go for that

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Studying-in-Sweden/Universities-and-university-college.html
Your program is for one year(60 HEC) , therefore you are good to go with 10months funding.

But know that you won't get a Swedish personal number because it is only given to students whose studies will last for more than a year.

Most Universities do cover NON-EU students against sickness, or loss of any kind regardless of duration of studies . In this case the FAS+ insurance will suffice. So you are insured already through the FAS+ by your darlana University. No worries. No need for private or personal insurance cover. When asked to upload insurance cover during application, upload your notification of selection result, as this agreement is stated there.

PS: Why didn't you go for a 2year masters.?

Whatever the case, Sweden is a humane and wonderful country to come to as a student .

Lycka till

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by mantleguy(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2017
Atigba:

You seem to be in doubt.

Well, since your studies is for only two terms, that is 60 higher education credit, your permit validity will be less than one year which is from 1st August to 30th June of the following year( 10months). You won't get Swedish number- which is the single most important thing for easy living in Sweden. You for apply for 2years masters.

Send me your email so I can send my number across to you. WE can chat on whatsApp . I am applying too. You are arguably the only person I have seen on nairaland/Nigeria applying for same Swedish study permit. We get to learn from each other.

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by mantleguy(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2017
Atigba:

Will they denie me the resident permit because of that because no fund again..all I have now is my maintenance fee, the first tuition deposits and the remaining part.
You can show 10 months funding since your program is for one year
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 6:48pm On May 13, 2017
Bandeco:

Your program is for one year(60 HEC) , therefore you are good to go with 10months funding.

But know that you won't get a Swedish personal number because it is only given to students whose studies will last for more than a year.

Most Universities do cover NON-EU students against sickness, or loss of any kind regardless of duration of studies . In this case the FAS+ insurance will suffice. So you are insured already through the FAS+ by your darlana University. No worries. No need for private or personal insurance cover. When asked to upload insurance cover during application, upload your notification of selection result, as this agreement is stated there.

PS: Why didn't you go for a 2year masters.?

Whatever the case, Sweden is a humane and wonderful country to come to as a student .

Lycka till

Not my fault though, I didn't get enough information that am getting now

And no active Sweden student thread on nairaland, I would have apply for 2 years program

Again, my target is PhD program in Business studies, because I heard their PhD program is free.

3 Likes

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 6:55pm On May 13, 2017
mantleguy:

You seem to be in doubt.

Well, since your studies is for only two terms, that is 60 higher education credit, your permit validity will be less than one year which is from 1st August to 30th June of the following year( 10months). You won't get Swedish number- which is the single most important thing for easy living in Sweden. You for apply for 2years masters.

Send me your email so I can send my number across to you. WE can chat on whatsApp . I am applying too. You are arguably the only person I have seen on nairaland/Nigeria applying for same Swedish study permit. We get to learn from each other.

Check your email I sent you a message from another email.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 7:11pm On May 13, 2017
mantleguy:

You can show 10 months funding since your program is for one year

Ok
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Bandeco(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2017
Atigba:

Not my fault though, I didn't get enough information that am getting now

And no active Sweden student thread on nairaland, I would have apply for 2 years program

Again, my target is PhD program in Business studies, because I heard their PhD program is free.

PhD is not only free but a WELL paid job in Sweden. It is a job and you qualify for permanent residence after 4years of PhD program.

You could also apply for job seekers permit after this your Msc. Very straight forward. You be granted 1year permit to find work and when you do find work you can apply for work permit. Most people have little or no problem settling here after studies

Sverige är ett fantastiskt land

1 Like

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Bandeco(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2017
@mantleguy @Atigba

Please try as much as you can to come here with a driver's license. Most companies will not employ you if you don't have a driver's license. It is a requirement for most Job. It is very important here.

A Nigerian driver's license is accepted here for one year. Thereafter you can apply for a Swedish driver's license.

If you come here without a DL be ready to pass through plenty bureaucracy and plenty money to spend.

Lastly, though nearly all swedes speak fluent English language, the native language (svenska) is vital . It will heavily increase your chances of landing a job and also expand your social network.

I wish you all success in your application.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 8:54pm On May 13, 2017
Bandeco:
@mantleguy @Atigba

Please try as much as you can to come here with a driver's license. Most companies will not employ you if you don't have a driver's license. It is a requirement for most Job. It is very important here.

A Nigerian driver's license is accepted here for one year. Thereafter you can apply for a Swedish driver's license.

If you come here without a DL be ready to pass through plenty bureaucracy and plenty money to spend.

Lastly, though nearly all swedes speak fluent English language, the native language (svenska) is vital . It will heavily increase your chances of landing a job and also expand your social network.

Thank you for the information
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by mantleguy(m): 1:11pm On May 14, 2017
Atigba:

Check your email I sent you a message from another email.

I didn't get any email.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 9:54pm On May 22, 2017
Bandeco:
@mantleguy @Atigba

Bro I want to ask you a question that bother me

Concerning the Sweden migration board requirements for resident permit

I want to find out if is compulsory you must have 50% of the remaining part of your tuition in statement of account before applying.

That is after you must have pay the compulsory 50% deposit and have the maintenance fee in the account.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Bandeco(m): 11:08am On May 23, 2017
Atigba:

Bro I want to ask you a question that bother me

Concerning the Sweden migration board requirements for resident permit

I want to find out if is compulsory you must have 50% of the remaining part of your tuition in statement of account before applying.

That is after you must have pay the compulsory 50% deposit and have the maintenance fee in the account.

No.. You just have to only show equivalent of the total money for living expenses in your local currency. This is enough

2 Likes

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 12:18pm On May 23, 2017
Bandeco:

No.. You just have to only show equivalent of the total money for living expenses in your local currency. This is enough

Ok

1 Like

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by sesther(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2017
@Bandeco.

Hello, I am new here and I appreciate all responses so far. Pls can I have private chat with you? Thank you
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Saintsquare(m): 2:22pm On May 28, 2017
Bandeco:

pls how much should a bsc applicant show in statement of account,thx.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Bandeco(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2017
Saintsquare:
pls how much should a bsc applicant show in statement of account,thx.
Equivalent of SEK88,704
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Saintsquare(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2017
Bandeco:

Equivalent of SEK88,704
thx I got confused because there were many cases of visa denial according to what I read earlier on here even when applicants met the requirements, so I was not really sure about the statement of Acc.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Kayhummer(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
Saintsquare:
thx I got confused because there were many cases of visa denial according to what I read earlier on here even when applicants met the requirements, so I was not really sure about the statement of Acc.
that's not true, the Swedish embassy since they introduced fees don't just reject you unless you present things that are not true, they always give each applicant second chance... and the best way to submit your application is the online application, it is safer and faster, I submitted mine on May 6th 2017 and I got reply from them to update my account balance and send the recent one, that's after sending the first one, they wanted to be sure of what is inside my account, and they don't care about many months account statement, just that month statement is good to go. To cut the short story short I was granted the visa, I am currently waiting for my residence permit card. Like I said don't apply manually, is not advisable at all, a friend of mine did and when abuja staff updated his details they mistakenly tick phd instead of the masters that he filled in his application, so u see? And it took him about 4 months to get reply,the program
Already started by that time, but he was very lucky, they granted him after they asked him for updated account statement. Sweden embassy is very direct with their online application..... here is the email I got about my application and biometric appointment.....

6 Likes

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by mantleguy(m): 10:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Kayhummer:
that's not true, the Swedish embassy since they introduced fees don't just reject you unless you present things that are not true, they always give each applicant second chance... and the best way to submit your application is the online application, it is safer and faster, I submitted mine on May 6th 2017 and I got reply from them to update my account balance and send the recent one, that's after sending the first one, they wanted to be sure of what is inside my account, and they don't care about many months account statement, just that month statement is good to go. To cut the short story short I was granted the visa, I am currently waiting for my residence permit card. Like I said don't apply manually, is not advisable at all, a friend of mine did and when abuja staff updated his details they mistakenly tick phd instead of the masters that he filled in his application, so u see? And it took him about 4 months to get reply,the program
Already started by that time, but he was very lucky, they granted him after they asked him for updated account statement. Sweden embassy is very direct with their online application..... here is the email I got about my application and biometric appointment.....
Congratulations bro.. I applied online but migration agency sent me a mail to take my statement of account to the embassy and some other documents. I have pmed you. I need to ask you somethings. Thanks
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Saintsquare(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2017
Kayhummer:
Congratulations and thanks for taking your time to elaborate all this. So an undergraduate applicant is good with SEK 88,704 ......
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Kayhummer(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
mantleguy:

Congratulations bro.. I applied online but migration agency sent me a mail to take my statement of account to the embassy and some other documents. I have pmed you. I need to ask you somethings. Thanks
I have answered you there as well.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Kayhummer(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Saintsquare:
Congratulations and thanks for taking your time to elaborate all this. So an undergraduate applicant is good with SEK 88,704 ......
yes you are good to go, but if you can get money to just deposit in your account just for the statement and don't remove the money, before they grant u the permit they will ask u to resubmit the account statement again. But just a month statement of account is good to go. I did one one statement and I was granted, I had 4.5 mill, I lodge the money into the account and left it there. Their process is very straight forward, just don't submitted anything that is not true, they like honesty

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Saintsquare(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kayhummer:
yes you are good to go, but if you can get money to just deposit in your account just for the statement and don't remove the money, before they grant u the permit they will ask u to resubmit the account statement again. But just a month statement of account is good to go. I did one one statement and I was granted, I had 4.5 mill, I lodge the money into the account and left it there. Their process is very straight forward, just don't submitted anything that is not true, they like honesty
OK thanks, can applicants use a salary account knowing resubmitting will show an inflow of the updated month.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by okezie007(m): 7:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Kayhummer:
Bro congrats! And gratitude for enlightening us, but does this same procedure apply for a visiting visa? How much would be good to go for deposit when applying for visiting visa?

2 Likes

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by sesther(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
Kayhummer:
Congratulations to you brother.
Kindly put me through on how I can apply. I am a graduate and I wish to apply for a masters programme in Sweden or Austria? Thanks
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by chidekings(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Kayhummer:

Evening brother, which visa allows someone to work legally in Sweden and relevant documents. Pls take your time and reply. Ur reply is highly needed.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Onopa(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kayhummer:
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by georgesegun87: 1:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Pls kindly answer my question how much can I pay before dey can send me the admission letter and tell us the step by step you take for admission and visa... Pls kindly answer these questions..
Very urgent.thanks

quote author=Kayhummer post=57772328] that's not true, the Swedish embassy since they introduced fees don't just reject you unless you present things that are not true, they always give each applicant second chance... and the best way to submit your application is the online application, it is safer and faster, I submitted mine on May 6th 2017 and I got reply from them to update my account balance and send the recent one, that's after sending the first one, they wanted to be sure of what is inside my account, and they don't care about many months account statement, just that month statement is good to go. To cut the short story short I was granted the visa, I am currently waiting for my residence permit card. Like I said don't apply manually, is not advisable at all, a friend of mine did and when abuja staff updated his details they mistakenly tick phd instead of the masters that he filled in his application, so u see? And it took him about 4 months to get reply,the program
Already started by that time, but he was very lucky, they granted him after they asked him for updated account statement. Sweden embassy is very direct with their online application..... here is the email I got about my application and biometric appointment.....[/quote]
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Atigba: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Kayhummer:

Bro which university are you going to

They grant my resident permit as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / Elon Musk Hotel In Mars Just $5m Per Night / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.