Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Lopsided Appointments: An Open Letter To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lopsided Appointments: An Open Letter To Mr President (470 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun / Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lopsided Appointments: An Open Letter To Mr President by malton: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dear Mr president, here's hoping that you had a quite restful vacation.
It hasn't been all good thus far since your assumption of office; our economy has been comatose for a while now, the naira is falling faster than a bowling ball, delayed salaries payments and what not has grappled your regime. But the one thing that stands taller and in your favor than all those despite all odds staked against them is the people.

You rode on a great wave of of support country wide and pulled the unimaginable. You did the unthinkable not because you did something differently, but because the people got you. It was them against the federal might, yet, they pulled through unscathed and delivered well above expectations.

Time after time after time, they've come to your defence in the face of scathing criticism from various quarters. Some have been called unprintable names, while others have been labelled "zombies", yet, their support for you remains unflinching. These are people who have given their all for you, and could offer so much more. Not that they get anything in return, they risk it all because they believe in your cause.

Mr president, the problem is, these staunch supporters of yours are your last defence against your adversaries. Good thing is, it doesn't take much to keep them motivated and raring to go. But you've failed in the simplest of all things--motivating those who put their all on the line for you--and are losing it so fast!

In the wake of you appointing your special advisers, there's has been some miscalculated moves, as regards how lopsided it has been so far. Mistakes you've been making since day one and still do not realize.

Your supporters cut across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and would wish nothing more than see that they are ably represented in your cabinet. Not that they stand to benefit in any way, but it gives them a sense of belonging and bragging rights of some sort. 'Least they could say that their efforts count for something.

You, sir, are a confident man and that confidence stands you in good stead, I must admit. But the idea of appointing only core Northerners into major top position in your government doesn't sit well with most, and this step, I implore you to retrace quick before your reputation come crashing even faster than the defenseless naira you are trying so hard to shore up.

Whatever criteria you may use in appointing people into various positions in your government, our southern siblings meet and even supersede. Should you claim to not know as many people from the southern region who possess the qualities that you seek, ask your trusted southern hands, they sure know a handful. It's high time we shunned divisive politics and adopt an approach which reflects equal representation. No government in this country has made as much lopsided appointments as yours, and it's quite alarming. That's something even your staunchest supporter will find hard to defend in the wake of criticism. Because no sane mind will allude that capable hands are found only up North in a country as densely populated as ours.

Please do not mistaken this as an attempt to talk down your appointees or dictate to you ways to run your own government, I'm an ordinary concerned citizen who's only worried about those decisions which might hamper the smooth running of your government. A few disgruntled elements can be handled, but the murmuring of a crowd from all corners, you can never suppress.
Act now while you still have ample time, or regret a wrong you had enough time to make right.

Yours sincerely,
Malton.

Ps: I'm of Northern origin, before you all go beserk on me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lopsided Appointments: An Open Letter To Mr President by malton: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Cc: seun lalasticlala, mynd44, obinoscopy. Pls I'm not looking for likes nor seek popularity, I just want this heard (seen).

(1) (Reply)

May You Never Fall Into The Hands Of Police / Dasukigate: Ex-pdp Chair, Haliru, Son Collected N300m – Witness / Adorable Photos Of 2 New Born Babies Welcomed In Fufore IDP Camp, Yola Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.