Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy (33692 Views)

Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / 10 Healthy Brain Foods : Memory Booster! / How To Make A Smoothie : 10 Healthy Smoothies For Breakfast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by yaso(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Op in as much as I will try to agree with you on certain aspects of this thread, I am perplexed as to why you are discrediting wheat bread, juice, salad, cereal, low fat yoghurt etc. The unhealthy practices of most food industries which you have cited in your thread shouldn't be an excuse for tagging these foods unhealthy rather consumers of these foods should learn how make these things themselves thus consuming them without the additives.
Am a fan of DIY and also a food technologist and I can say these foods are healthy but where you buy them and how you consume them should be the source of concern.

IRMC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by opey112(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Its the process this foods pass through that is not good.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by KangaIye: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2016
The conclusion of the whole matter is SUGAR kills the body slowly lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by danidee10(m): 8:43am On Feb 14, 2016
OP if i slap ur destiny ehn angrywhich one is granola bars.....must you copy word for word
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by free37: 8:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Nice.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by sheubaba2013: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2016
That juice is the worst. I drink one the other day I didn't get myself till day break. These processed juice should be banned. The best fruit is the natural and pure one like the normal orange, banana, paw paw etc.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Generalkorex(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2016
360ng:
nice..i never knew fruit juice,salad and low fat yoghurt were not healthy for me..i guess i will stop then..it will be hard though..
so wat is now healthy.
Wetin peson go con dey shop
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by seggzz(m): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2016
Keneking:
Ok
Bet with me, over 90% of Nigerian still eat outside. I mean they eat in the eateries and other public places. They can't do without them if they eat out. It is in this forum I gave reasons you need to cook and eat at home.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by 989900: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2016
This article is 100% on point!

Grey areas . . . but just on point -- can't be better scripted (to be on the safer side).

I could add though, for some products, where you get them, which product you get, plus time of production, organic or not, and a few other factors play a large role.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by 989900: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2016
yaso:
Op in as much as I will try to agree with you on certain aspects of this thread, I am perplexed as to why you are discrediting wheat bread, juice, salad, cereal, low fat yoghurt etc. The unhealthy practices of most food industries which you have cited in your thread shouldn't be an excuse for tagging these foods unhealthy rather consumers of these foods should learn how make these things themselves thus consuming them without the additives.
Am a fan of DIY and also a food technologist and I can say these foods are healthy but where you buy them and how you consume them should be the source of concern.

IRMC

Probably if you go by the 'title' of the article, but I think he stressed that in the 'body' of the article.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by jericco1(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Lol grin
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by 360ng: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Generalkorex:

so wat is now healthy.
Wetin peson go con dey shop

Still wondering..
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by loomer: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2016
360ng:
nice..i never knew fruit juice,salad and low fat yoghurt were not healthy for me..i guess i will stop then..it will be hard though..

Na 2 different types of juice dem dey sell for market only say I don forget as them dey call them. But the best thing na to make juice with fresh fruits urself at home.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by 360ng: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2016
loomer:

Na 2 different types of juice dem dey sell for market only say I don forget as them dey call them. But the best thing na to make juice with fresh fruits urself at home.

Yeah. I think i will begin to do that personally.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Sibrah: 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
townplanner:
Eat this, don't eat that.............Pls what should I eat.

By d way #EffoRirro is Bae
Eat fresh food. Go for freshly killed and dressed turkey instead of the one laced with preservatives, orange instead of orange juice, unaltered yorghout, and fresh pap instead of preservative laced custards. Preservatives most time are toxic (i.e poisonous) and by eating so many items listed, we consume preservatives beyond recommended limits most times without knowing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by loomer: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2016
360ng:

Yeah. I think i will begin to do that personally.

Great idea
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Jacko1(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2016
All dese food u name wer dem dey for 9ja.... Abeg speak d one we go understand.... Granola bar.... Dried cranberry...packagge turkeyturkey.... Mtschew

1 Like

Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by blayde(m): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2016
OP wetin remain to chop again.Wheat bread wey i dey manage dey chop say i dey chop better bread ontop say e dry like wood.

Thank God say beans no join sha.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by mmsen: 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Salad dressing is not salad.

As such salad should not be on that list.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by delors(m): 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
What shall we then eat? Fried stone with engine oil juice? Na wah for una abeg. Small time now, we g hear say rice and beans kill faster than zika.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by bennyzer(m): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Very instructive and educating.
So much misconception about this foods now cleared.
Thanks Op.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Misselocon(f): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nice one....though I'm sure one of these days no food will be healthy...
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by professore(m): 3:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
We should eat the food that is close to it's original form,that's nice
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
I already knew all this. Thanks for the refresher.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by tmlewin13(m): 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
We can actually do this$
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Mustay(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Is gistpalace now an authority on nutrition issues or was the author of the article a nutritionist I think mods should do a rethink before posting such topics to the FP especially if the intention was for enlightenment purposes.
Re: 10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy by Nktessy(f): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2020
Especially that number 1. U are right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors / Flooding: Snakebite Kills Village Head’s Wife In Plateau / Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.