Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage (3024 Views)

Hello Ladies!!! 3 Ways To Know If He's Right For You For A Relationship. / FOR THE LADIES: 3 Sure Signs You Might See When Your Boo Starts Cheating / Ladies: 3 Sure Fire Signs He’s Going To Cheat On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ladies is time we talk about dis, because have been hearing most women complaining dat women in nigeria are cheated by men in marriages. So is high time to let u knw dat ur destiny is in ur hands, u have the choice to do white wedding alone or court alone or both white and court wedding desame time. So for those dat choose court wedding and still complaining about been cheated in a marriage, then u dnt knw ur right as a citizen of dis country.
Firstly let us list the 3types of court wedding we have in nigeria
1 - marriage UNDER THE ACT
2 - marriage UNDER CULTURE AND TRADITION
3- marriage UNDER ISLAM

So let us talk about dis tree type of court marriages-
1. MARRIAGE UNDER THE ACT - dis is a type of marriage which is in under the constitution of federal republic of nigeria and it state dat a man can never marry more than one wife as a partner, and if the man marry another woman he has committed a crime under the law of federal republic of nigeria and jail terms will be serve and the woman has the right to file for divorce.

2. MARRIAGE UNDER THE CULTURE AND TRADITION -
Ladies pay attention to dis because dnt go and thigh your self all in the name of love. This type of marriage is what I called anyting u find u take it as destiny. U need to knw the culture of the man u are about to get married too and funny thing about dis type of marriage is dat a man can marry any mount of women he want depending on the culture and tradition he came from. Also no matter the outcome of the marriage u cannot divorce him and also he cannot divorce u too and anything he did to u dat u did not like will be judge by the the law of his culture and tradition.

3. MARRIAGE UNDER ISLAM -
This marriage goes by his name and is mainly for muslim and it state dat a muslim man can marry as 4 wifes at a spot and can marry as any amount of women he chooses too as far he has the finance to take care of them.

So I believe I have enlighten some women here if am not mistaken. SO LADIES WHICH TYPE OF MARRIAGE WILL U GO FOR IN A COURT WEDDING? UR DESTINY IS IN UR HANDS STOP COMPLAINING DAT MEN ARE CHEATING, USE UR RIGTH AS A WOMAN. SO LET ME SEE UR COMMENT ON DIS
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Sparklequeen(f): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
If i am to marry in Nigeria Its only a white wedding in the Church of God.

Court ko..
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
@Coolsix. U dey fear court or jail which of them?
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
@Coolsix. U dey fear court or jail which of them? . Loool
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Meel: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pls someone shud explain, d issue of property sharing after divorce. Which court marriage be that
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
@Meel. Dat is marriage UNDER THE ACT
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Meel: 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
EMEKUSBOY9:
@Meel. Dat is marriage UNDER THE ACT
can u explain the issue of sharing property, (if d husband is in debt will dey also share the debt).
Clarify dis pls

1 Like

Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Justiyke4u: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
I commend your effort op but on the contrary though subject to correction there are basically two types of marriages in Nigeria which are Statutory marriages (marriage under the Act) and Customary marriage (marriage under the native laws and customs). Statutory marriage can be celebrated in many places permitted by the Act including licensed place of worship. This marriage can only be dissolved by the court and is between one man and one woman. There is really nothing like court wedding but people use that term though. Then the other type of marriage is basically governed by the native law and customs of the parties involved and can be dissolved in accordance with these laws too for instance in some places is by returning the bride price contrary to your assertion that it can't be dissolved.
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
@meel. Carry ur cross. ur wife no use her hand go take debt, u did dat ur self
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Meel: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
EMEKUSBOY9:
@meel. Carry ur cross. ur wife no use her hand go take debt, u did dat ur self
bro u are to brief now, i want full details on how it works.
The terms and conditions, i want to no how dese sharing of property works. Av heard it times without number, but i don't understand the concept.
Cos i dey wonder why one judge go share my property, cos i divorce my wife
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
@meel. Lol u dey vex ooo, shey be u don born pickin? Dat is one reason and And if u no born piking I believe for wasting part of the woman life when she was with u. But in some cases any woman who files for divorce cannot be giving any property. So it all depend on situation
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Justiyke4u: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Meel:
Pls someone shud explain, d issue of property sharing after divorce.
Which court marriage be that
I don't think that works in Nigeria but it depends on the remedy the petitioner (if the wife) is asking the court
Re: Ladies; 3 Types Of Marriages Under Court Marriage by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
actuall op during divorce the court would consider the woman e.g the court would divide the property based on her contribution to the family.check the case of merrit v. merrit

(1) (Reply)

A Thought Inspired By Ivvy / A Facebook User Posted That She Is Visiting Her Boo In Malaysia, See Comments / Slay Queen Shares Crying Photos With Snapchat Flower Filter On Her Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.