Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Easy Dhikr - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Easy Dhikr (5372 Views)

Dhikr Before Eating. / The Merits Of Dhikr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy Dhikr by nasiayam: 1:07am On Feb 14, 2016
What is light on the tongue but heavy on the Scale? Dhikr, the remembrance of Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He).

“O You who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance” [33:41].

The Prophet pbuh said,

“Allah says: ‘I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running” [Sahih Bukhari].

Below is a short list of some remembrances that you can incorporate in your day. The goal is to make these beautiful praises of the Creator come up from your heart and roll off of your tongue with ease.

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward:

You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward:

A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. Alhamdulillah (“All praise is for Allah.”)

Reward:

Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward:

This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward:

You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salat and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward:

We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. Astaghfirullah (“I seek Allah’s forgiveness.”)

Reward:

You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

8. Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward:

When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Easy Dhikr by landcash: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2016
o

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by bolt000(m): 11:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Hmm.. Very insightful.. Love Islam

2 Likes

Re: Easy Dhikr by zizomaticz(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakumullah Khairan...

Jummah Mubarak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Dhikr by Codomainmainman(m): 11:31am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakum lau khairan
Re: Easy Dhikr by Cyojunior(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakumullahu. Aihkraan.

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Ahmed0336(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazak Allahu Khair

Jummat Kareem

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2016
jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Yeecar(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2016
Nice Write up.

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by COOLDK(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2016
I Love Ayyat Qurrisiyyu so much. It's my best.

Jazakallahu Khaeran

3 Likes

Re: Easy Dhikr by Bihby: 11:55am On Feb 26, 2016
may Allah reward u abundantly....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Dhikr by Rukayat08(f): 11:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Masha Allah, Allahu Akbar! jazakhumlahi khairan Jumah Mubarak

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Gmanc(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2016
Jaxakallahu khairan very educative may Allah reward u abundantly
Re: Easy Dhikr by Bimpe29: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakallahu khair.
Re: Easy Dhikr by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is beautiful especially the one 'SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi' whoever says this 100 times a
day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were
as much as the foam of the sea.

Imagine the blessings of Allah. And that first hadith made me weak. Expecially d part where it said if u walk to Allah, he will come running to you!

I love Islam!! and may Allah bless Nigeria and make us great again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Dhikr by olajide21: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
May Allah reward you most bountifully for the post

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Abukc(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jarzakumullahi haerann
Re: Easy Dhikr by holarmy10(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks op
Re: Easy Dhikr by eluquenson(m): 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakumllah khairan
Re: Easy Dhikr by tooman: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
jazakallah @OP
but I learnt they said "afdalu dhikir laa ilaha illaLAll"
contrary to your point no. 1 up there
Allahu a'lam
Re: Easy Dhikr by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
JAZAKUMULLAH KHAERAN. BARKA DE JUMA'AT
Re: Easy Dhikr by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
tooman:
jazakallah @OP

but I learnt they said "afdalu dhikir laa ilaha illaLAll"

contrary to your point no. 1 up there

Allahu a'lam
ALL wat d op said is correct nd autentic according to quran nd sunnah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Dhikr by naijaforlife: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
JazakumulLahu khairan fi dunya wal akhira

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by kbsheshe(m): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakallah my brother

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by ronkeenuf(f): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Islam, a complete way if life. Alhamdulilah!

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by SymbolicalIdol(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
May Allah bless you (Op) for this post.
Re: Easy Dhikr by igbanbajo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
nasiayam:

What is light on the tongue but heavy on the Scale? Dhikr, the remembrance of Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He).

“O You who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance” [33:41].

The Prophet pbuh said,

“Allah says: ‘I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running” [Sahih Bukhari].

Below is a short list of some remembrances that you can incorporate in your day. The goal is to make these beautiful praises of the Creator come up from your heart and roll off of your tongue with ease.

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward:

You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward:

A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. Alhamdulillah (“All praise is for Allah.”)

Reward:

Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward:

This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward:

You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salat and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward:

We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. Astaghfirullah (“I seek Allah’s forgiveness.”)

Reward:

You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

8. Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward:

When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Bookmarked.
Re: Easy Dhikr by tooman: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
ﺟﺎﺀ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺤﺪﻳﺚ ﻋﻦ ﺟﺎﺑﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻬﻤﺎ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺳﻤﻌﺖ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ : " ﺃﻓﻀﻞ ﺍﻟﺬﻛﺮ ﻻ ﺇﻟﻪ ﺇﻻّ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﺃﻓﻀﻞ ﺍﻟﺪﻋﺎﺀ ﺍﻟﺤﻤﺪ ﻟﻠﻪ " ‏[ ﺭﻭﺍﻩ ﺍﻟﺘﺮﻣﺬﻱ ﻭﺍﺑﻦ ﻣﺎﺟﻪ ‏] . ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻋﻠﻢ
Re: Easy Dhikr by tooman: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Swearest:
ALL wat d op said is correct nd autentic according to quran nd sunnah.
ﺟﺎﺀ ﻓﻲ
ﺍﻟﺤﺪﻳﺚ ﻋﻦ ﺟﺎﺑﺮ ﺑﻦ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻬﻤﺎ ﻗﺎﻝ
ﺳﻤﻌﺖ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ : " ﺃﻓﻀﻞ
ﺍﻟﺬﻛﺮ ﻻ ﺇﻟﻪ ﺇﻻّ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﺃﻓﻀﻞ ﺍﻟﺪﻋﺎﺀ ﺍﻟﺤﻤﺪ ﻟﻠﻪ " ‏[ ﺭﻭﺍﻩ
ﺍﻟﺘﺮﻣﺬﻱ ﻭﺍﺑﻦ ﻣﺎﺟﻪ ‏] .
ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻋﻠﻢ
Re: Easy Dhikr by fresho4real(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Amin

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by ademoladeji(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
JazakAllah Khaeran.

May you be blessed abundantly beyond imagination

1 Like

Re: Easy Dhikr by Codedzng: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2016
Alhamdulilah, I am born a Muslim.....!!!

Islam is my life

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Welcoming A New Born Baby / Observing Ramadan 2019 With Good Healthy Diet & Good Islamic Practice / Characteristics Of The Righteous Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.