Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Bitter Truth About Valentine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bitter Truth About Valentine (374 Views)

"All Women Are Hoes" The Bitter Truth Nigerian Women Can't Handle (photo Proof) / The Bitter Nigerian Side Chick Impersonated An Ex Beauty Queen / The Bitter Experience Of Dating A Broke Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bitter Truth About Valentine by Kenmatt(m): 7:18am On Feb 14, 2016
Flowers, cards, candy, chocolate, red heart, merriment, romance and sex having, are they all about valentine?

The origin of valentine's day is not the story I am here to tell. It is a common knowledge, how it all started from the church, in the person of "Rev fr saint Valentine".

Now a days, churches would always organize a special church program for her youths on a valentine's day.
Either because of these reasons below or not.

(1) To keep them busy. Someone said; " an idle mind is a devil's workshop "
(2) To prevent them from getting the chances of being carried away from the "day's valentine breeze". Which might lure them to sin at last.

The big question is, is valentine's day celebration really for singles, married or both? Checking out the fact that he died for making marriages.

I know that most of you are not going to like my post. But, that is the bitter truth about valentine.

In as much as the activities of the man you celebrate today was a crime against his state. It was also against the biblical principles in which he believed. Don't just hiss, get chilled, I'll explain.

Disobident to the law of the land, no matter the reason whatsoever is a crime against the state.
During the period of emperor Claudias, he maintained that young men should be prohibited from getting married at that point in time because of the key issue at hand. "Unmarried soldiers fight better than their married counterparts because they do not have their wives and children to think about" and this man, bleached this order and was getting young men married to their young female lovers secretly. When they should have been at the war front in defence of their state.

In 2 Sam 11, David, stayed back, and we all know what later happened. He also wanted Uriah to come and stay back which he refused as a brave soldier, we all know what king David did to him.

It is categorically stated in the book of Romans 13: 1-10. That one should respect the orders from those in authority. Pls just open it and read it now.
Why couldn't "Rv fr saint Valentine" do this?

Yes, marriage is sacred and honoured by God. The idea of encouraging young men and women to marry within the Christian church was what valentine was all about.
And not sharing flowers, candy, red hearts and romance.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Valentine by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 14, 2016
Noted
Re: The Bitter Truth About Valentine by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2016
NoTeD

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Valentine / During Her Legendary Career As A Prostitute, This Woman Served More Than 4,000 M / Photo: How I Have Been Surviving Fuel Scarcity And Electricity Outage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.