Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (42128 Views)

Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by jbkomo(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
F
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by jbkomo(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
May I know whn Jesus said we should sell things to buy sword? Which of the version of the bible do you read?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by femi4: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:

written by who and to achieve what, and if the evil 'written' do not come to pass what will happen
Written by the prophets before him via revelation from God. E.g The birth of Jesus in Is 9. He told peter that he would denied him three times, he predicted his death and ressurection when he said he will rebuilt a temple in 3 days
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by xtremrules(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
· Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
· No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1:11, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by AJOT99(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Most people will fill this thread and will start saying jargons. I have seen them already.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Bigtoto(f): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Moderators please stop bringing religious posts to front page. Ona dey make people look intelligent people look stupidt in the eyes of dummies.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by myworldtech: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
telling a woman that she is a dog, and food meant for childdren is not meant for her and the woman even has to beg for crumps. racism and human-slavery-approval. mattew 15:26
put on glasses and read again. After reading, medidate on what you have just read.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
femi4:
Did you read the next verse?

He said, but what is written must be fulfilled. Jesus could had prevented so many things even his death but he said "Nevertheless, let your will be done"
are u saying jesus dieing on d cross was not his will,but the will of he who sent him

No wonder mr jesus was relunctant to die,he continously cried on d cross,saying he has been forsakensad

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by freecocoa(f): 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
Jesus never serious with that riches comment.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
campusflavour:
he also said tha the sword is the bible , with which u fight devil
did peter use ''bible'' to slash some1's ear

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Horlufemi(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
And when Peter took up sword to defend Jesus when he cut the ear of Jesus enemy, Jesus condemned the act of peter.

Modified.
I know this thread will never reach front page. https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

There are differences between
Christianity and religion, Many are
GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING
DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE.
Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT
WITH GOD.
Religion is DOING while Christianity is
DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it
is finished" The work of our salvation was
FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and
COMPLETED. A religious man may be
likened as a man who try to swim from
river kaduna to niger by his own
strength, he will never make it. But the
man who is save by faith is likened to be
a man who get on a ship, hoping it will
take him to his destination. This man
simply rests upon the ship and lets the
ship do all the work.
THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN
RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I
must do. I must somehow earn or gain
salvation by the way I live."
CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something
only God can do. Salvation is of the
LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).
2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in
one word: DO--man trying to DO different
things to please God and earn His favor.
CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up
in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the
cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).
3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.
CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not
working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon
the finished work of Another. Although
he must beware (1 peter 5:
4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to
BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human
effort, good works, ritualism,
traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).
CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ
BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of
what He did for us on the cross, NOT by
our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).
5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in
the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they
that are in the FLESH cannot please
God" .
CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in
the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without
faith it is impossible to please him: for he
that cometh to God must believe that he
is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him" .
6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking
to establish his own righteousness by
ignoring the way of the righteousness of
God (Rom. 10:3).
CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied
with the perfect righteousness of Jesus
Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam
and Eve made for themselves--a terrible
covering (Gen. 3:7).
CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in
Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God
provided by way of the shedding of
BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).
8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to
God the labour of my own hands" (Gen.
4:3).
CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to
God a blood sacrifice. An innocent
substitute must die to save me" (Gen.
4:4).
Good works done by sinful man can
never please a holy God. The greatest
good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished
by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on
the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus
we are not saved by good works but we
are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works, which God hath before
ordained that we should walk in
them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God
which worketh in you both to will and to
do of his good pleasure" (Philippians
2:13).
Are you resting fully in the finished work
of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ,
WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR
YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS
WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved,
all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).

These too won't make FP. https://www.nairaland.com/2930954/god-hates-religion

This nairaland sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
Matthew 19:9
''I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Arjeeni:

Perhaps jesus might not aware that Peter had the sword with him or Christians denied the fact that holly wars were indeed embarked by jesus or his followers.
mention one disciples that use sword to kill ? It must be said that the apostles were killed for the faith. Can 12 apostles use sword to fight the large Roman armies ?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by nasiayam: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
mention one disciples that use sword to kill ? It must be said that the apostles were killed for the faith. Can 12 apostles use sword to fight the large Roman armies ?
Samson Defeats the Philistines
…He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, so he reached out and took it and killed a thousand men with it

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
Horlufemi:

These too won't make FP. https://www.nairaland.com/2930954/god-hates-religion

This nairaland sef
they like to put thread that talk about sexuality on front page.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
femi4:
Written by the prophets before him via revelation from God. E.g The birth of Jesus in Is 9. He told peter that he would denied him three times, he predicted his death and ressurection when he said he will rebuilt a temple in 3 days
if all this had been planned and cooked up by God, then why are christians blaming Judas for His death, they should thank and appreciate Judas just as they did to Mary because without d two of them, jesus birth and death will totally be impossible

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by nasiayam: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, who slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad; and he also delivered Israel

Ox goad = cattle prod ?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
nasiayam:

Samson Defeats the Philistines
…He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, so he reached out and took it and killed a thousand men with it
are you insane ? Is Samson the disciple of christ ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by paschu: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
xtremrules:
Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
· Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
· No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1:11, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

Did I here you say inherit? The Lord Jesus Christ is not just The King of Kings by the virture of the Father's ordination and appointment. No. Jesus obtained His eternal THRONE as the Lord of ALL creation by the virtue of his conquest. He conquered the usuper - the devil, that old serpent, the father of all lies, deception and intrigue, who paraded himself as the god of the ages - Jesus deafeated him in his crannies, made an open show of it, and it is NOW written that "ALL THE RIGHTS (and abilities) TO RULE, BOTH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM (The Lord Jesus Christ).

See:
Mat 28:18
Col 2:6-17
Isa 9:7

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by nasiayam: 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
are you insane ? Is Samson the disciple of christ ?

Didn't say that. Responding to how few can kill many in Bible

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Mavrick2012: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
so jesus had to wait for peter to cut some1's ear be4 he condemns him

Didnt jesus know peter was with sword all along,why didnt he condemn him?
no,peter was not with sword.the sword belong to one of the soldiers who came to arrest jesus.please ask your christian neighbour for a copy of the bible and read that place again.asalam.lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Kirigidi(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
Sell ur garments to buy swords

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

D "sword" our Lord JESUS CHRIST referrd to in dat passage was likely not a "physical sword" but rather a "spiritual sword". Dat explaind why our Lord JESUS cautiond Peter to draw back his sword when Peter in a moment of self-defence choppd off ear of one of d guards who came to arrest JESUS. Peter probably misundastood JESUS' mention of "sword" to mean a "physical sword" instead of a "spiritual sword"! Even Ephesians 6:10-18 educates us dat "d weapon of our warfare is spiritual", nd we (Christians) shuld put on d full armor of GOD to b able to stand against d schemes of d devil. Ephesians 6:17 specificaly explains dat d "Word of GOD" is d "sword of d Spirit" nd helmet of salvation.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
iliyande:
The teachings of Jesus were some of the most revolutionary ideas people heard during that time, not always because they were pleasant and easy to follow. Sometimes it was also because of the challenge it posed to those who thought they were "holy" enough for heaven already.

Here are five of some of the most challenging teachings Jesus gave to the disciples and to us today, that give us a bigger perspective of what it is to live in Him.

Be a slave

In Mark 10:44, Jesus said, "and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all." How often must leaders wish that they could just kick back and relax while they let others do all the hard work, but Jesus made it clear that leadership not just a privilege, but a privilege to serve others beyond what the world measures.

Forgive one another at all times

When people truly appreciate how gracious the Lord has been in canceling our sinful debt through Christ’s pardon only then can we understand the reason for forgiving those who sin against us.

Failure to forgive another person from our heart is essential if we expect the Lord to continue to forgive us and remain in fellowship with Him. Consider the dangers of failing to forgive other people.

When Peter, in Matthew 18, tried to show off by through a rhetorical question at Jesus and implying that he can forgive as many as seven times (when Jewish law would only allow up to three offences before someone could raise complaints), Jesus revolutionised forgiving by commanding His followers to forgive as many as times possible. Although forgiveness and trust are two different things, it is still hard to lay aside all bitterness to follow Jesus commands sometimes.

Consider what would happen if God chose not to forgive your sins.

Don't worry

Jesus commands us in Matthew 6:25, "...do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear." Oh. but how we love to worry. Whether you've been a Christian for a long time or for just a short period, at one point or another you may have experienced the clutch of worry. God makes it clear, however, not to worry and trust in our own strength, but to trust in His goodness and strength at all times.

Riches will distract you

One day, a young rich ruler comes to Jesus and asks Him what He must to to inherit eternal life. Jesus challenges him to let go of all his riches, but the young ruler couldn't do it. It's not that Jesus has anything against rich people, but the riches of this world can often blind us from the true essence of a relationship with God.

Judge not

No one likes being judged, and the Bible gives us one way to avoid judgment from others. Jesus warned us in Matthew 7:1 saying, "Judge not, that you be not judged." As easy as that may sound, often it can be much easier to semi-automatically pass on judgment. But God promises that by His enabling grace, we can say no to acting in hate and extending compassion and understanding.

Bible > Luke > Chapter 19 > Verse 27
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Khd95(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kirigidi:
D "sword" our Lord JESUS CHRIST referrd to in dat passage was likely not a "physical sword" but rather a "spiritual sword". Dat explaind why our Lord JESUS cautiond Peter to draw back his sword when Peter in a moment of self-defence choppd off ear of one of d guards who came to arrest JESUS. Peter probably misundastood JESUS' mention of "sword" to mean a "physical sword" instead of a "spiritual sword"! Even Ephesians 6:10-18 educates us dat "d weapon of our warfare is spiritual", nd we (Christians) shuld put on d full armor of GOD to b able to stand against d schemes of d devil. Ephesians 6:17 specificaly explains dat d "Word of GOD" is d "sword of d Spirit" nd helmet of salvation.
ok u sell physical garments to buy spiritual swords sheygrin

why was peter with sword in d first place

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
Sell ur garments to buy swords

I mean how could master himsef who''couldnt harm a fly''as peaceful as dove,ordered his disciples to carry swordssad

Bible > Luke > Chapter 19 > Verse 27
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" They will say he was speaking in parables!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
jbkomo:
F
For Fish
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
telling a woman that she is a dog, and food meant for childdren is not meant for her and the woman even has to beg for crumps. racism and human-slavery-approval. mattew 15:26

Biblically, you are sick... You need a doctor!! If you need more explanation to that passage of the bible, holla @ me.

Since you didn't do English (idioms) all through your levels in Educations.
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Hiddentreasure1(f): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
what are u insinuating are u even a christian because from ur response u sound like a non christian whateva it is u want to know abt Jesus pls give ur life to Him and ask Him to teach u His ways and make u understand the mystery behind the bible dat way u won't post stuff like dis
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
And when Peter took up sword to defend Jesus when he cut the ear of Jesus enemy, Jesus condemned the act of peter.

Modified.
I know this thread will never reach front page. https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

Bible > Luke >Chapter 19 > Verse27
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
Forget all this trash u cpied and paste here! Why didn't Christ warn himm not to go about with sword! U will say Christ didn't know he had a sword, yet u will say he was God, having known all!
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by Silsilah: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
paschu:

Did I here you say inherit? The Lord Jesus Christ is not just The King of Kings by the virture of the Father's ordination and appointment. No. Jesus obtained His eternal THRONE as the Lord of ALL creation by the virtue of his conquest. He conquered the usuper - the devil, that old serpent, the father of all lies, deception and intrigue, who paraded himself as the god of the ages - Jesus deafeated him in his crannies, made an open show of it, and it is NOW written that "ALL THE RIGHTS (and abilities) TO RULE, BOTH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM (The Lord Jesus Christ).

See:
Mat 28:18
Col 2:17
Isa 9:7
This guy abi na girl, you're making me laugh

1 Like

Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by malvisguy212: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bible > Luke >Chapter 19 > Verse27
Forget all this trash u cpied and paste here! Why didn't Christ warn himm not to go about with sword! U will say Christ didn't know he had a sword, yet u will say he was God, having known all!
what is the meaning of parable ?
Re: 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Khd95:
ok u sell physical garments to buy spiritual swords sheygrin

why was peter with sword in d first place
An intelligent question!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Prophecies By Prophet Ekong Ituen / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.