Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Urgent Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Advice (17015 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. / Depressed Wife Needs Your Urgent Advice. / Urgent Advice Needed: Should I Wait For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Advice by baby124: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Deafndumb:
Thanks for the advice. I sincerely don't know what to do after reading different opinions.

Should I tell my parents about the discoveries I made?

I'm pretty sure they won't go there with me and that's going to heat things up.
Your parents should know. I am very sure they will resist you accepting a suspicious pregnancy. Let the child come first and do a DNA test before accepting any responsibility.
Re: Urgent Advice by EfemenaXY: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Deafndumb:
Thanks for the advice. I sincerely don't know what to do after reading different opinions.

Should I tell my parents about the discoveries I made?

I'm pretty sure they won't go there with me and that's going to heat things up.

You can't handle this on your own.

You may have put a very young girl in the family way and your parents would find out sooner or later. It's best they hear this from you now especially as there is a very real possibility that you could be thrown in prison for this.

This is a serious matter and your parents should be in the know now, so they can help you out. And yes, be forthright and tell them everything you know. Let them know your part in all of this too. Expect them to be disappointed in you but you're their son. In time they'll forgive you and get over it too.

For now, you need all the support you can get from your family.
Re: Urgent Advice by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
baby124

You seem to be far removed from the situation.

This guy slept with a minor. They take this to the police and they would go apeshit on him. They might even force him to take responsibility by signing an agreement towards such.

Now he has an opportunity. Play it cool. Dont accept responsibility. Let the parents of the girl know that he has knowledge of the sevral side acts of the lady and someone has already rejected the pregnancy.

Accept to finance this, but sternly state you would be going for a DNA immediately she gives birth. That money he would spend should serve as his punishment.

Sometimes you need tact to deal with issues. If she were above 18. Then you can go gun blazing. At least you can claim it is consensual as she is an adult already and can make decisions for her self but as of now. He is in no position to push such.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for your advice
Re: Urgent Advice by baby124: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
x240:
baby124

You seem to be far removed from the situation.

This guy slept with a minor. They take this to the police and they would go apeshit on him. They might even force him to take responsibility by signing an agreement towards such.

Now he has an opportunity. Play it cool. Dont accept responsibility. Let the parents of the girl know that he has knowledge of the sevral side acts of the lady and someone has already rejected the pregnancy.

Accept to finance this, but sternly state you would be going for a DNA immediately she gives birth. That money he would spend should serve as his punishment.

Sometimes you need tact to deal with issues. If she were above 18. Then you can go gun blazing. At least you can claim it is consensual as she is an adult already and can make decisions for her self but as of now. He is in no position to push such.
What is the real difference between what you wrote and what I wrote? My own issue is that he waits till DNA is proven before shelling out money. Every other poster was asking him to pretend and play cool, then secretly carry out DNA after she gives birth. What has happened has happened. He did the deed, there is no excusing that or running away from it. You just blended both differing advices and made it your own.
Re: Urgent Advice by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
baby124:

What is the real difference between what you wrote and what I wrote? My own issue is that he waits till DNA is proven before shelling out money. Every other poster was asking him to pretend and play cool, then secretly carry out DNA after she gives birth. What has happened has happened. He did the deed, there is no excusing that or running away from it. You just blended both differing advices and made it your own.

Ok. I agree.

You win the brownie points for tbe advices offered.

We good now? cheesy
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
I just sealed my fate this evening
Re: Urgent Advice by dacool1(m): 5:09am On Feb 15, 2016
You are on a long thing. When u were digging the girl u don't know. Plus what do u mean sealed ur date
Re: Urgent Advice by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Nigerian law says the legal age for sex is 11years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So OP are you saying the girl was like 10? I doubt. So there are no criminal implications.
Re: Urgent Advice by GodnGold: 6:52am On Feb 15, 2016
Brother stop panicking.
There is a lesson to learn,that is the most important aspect of this situation.
The less you talk to her parents the better for you because so much of what you say will be used against you in anywhere.
Agree to whatever they say and save towards getting a DNA after baby is born.
That is when you can stand up for yourself,for now...melo..melo!
Again,do not tell them of your DNA intentions...do not.
Do not also buy every buy buy they tell you,buy the necessary,otherwise you will become their First bank,especially if you have a car and a job.
Looking on the brighter side,you may fall in love with this new cutie on the way (I love them babies)
Re: Urgent Advice by sisisioge: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Baby, you have to endure this huge embarrassment and torture for not shooting the loads in the right soil. However, ensure there is no marriage before baby is born. Once the little Angel arrives, the fowl yanshh shall be blown.

Meanwhile, enjoy your 30seconds of fame as baby daddy.
Re: Urgent Advice by An0nimus: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2016
deafndumb

I endorse x240's advice. As much as possible tactly decline making any commitments to marriage or anything her parents may try to bring up. This period will be difficult but man up and swallow the consequences of your actions in good faith.

I don't know how financially buoyant you are but you might need to get legal advise on this issue.
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
GodnGold:
Brother stop panicking.
The less you talk to her parents the better for you because so much of what you say will be used against you in anywhere.
Do not also buy every buy buy they tell you,buy the necessary,otherwise you will become their First bank,especially if you have a car and a job.
Looking on the brighter side,you may fall in love with this new cutie on the way (I love them babies)

Thanks.
The family wants me to start taking responsibility immediately.

My family is in not aware of the possibility of me not being the father of the baby.
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
GodnGold:
Brother stop panicking.

The mum is already pushing that I play the role of the hubby if u grab.
Outrightly Refusing it would arouse suspicions which may result to confrontation. How do I go about that?
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
An0nimus:
deafndumb

I endorse x240's advice. As much as possible tactly decline making any commitments to marriage or anything her parents may try to bring up. This period will be difficult but man up and swallow the consequences of your actions in good faith.

I don't know how financially buoyant you are but you might need to get legal advise on this issue.

Finance is an issue. I don't know if any lawyer her can help me out.
The bill has started to pile up. This week they want me to get her registered for antenatal. Her clothes don't fit anymore I think they want to shift that responsibility to me.
Unfortunately I just expended most of my savings last year on a failed business and festivity
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
How much does it cost to have a DNA test
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
Fortissimo:
Nigerian law says the legal age for sex is 11years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So OP are you saying the girl was like 10? I doubt. So there are no criminal implications.

I think it's 18 and liable to the tune of life imprisonment
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
dacool1:
You are on a long thing. When u were digging the girl u don't know. Plus what do u mean sealed ur fate

I meant my family went there to appease her family without the knowledge I have. So my family agreed to most terms and conditions.
The conditions are so so strict and scary like I will be held responsible for her health and life. Something I have no form of control over.
Re: Urgent Advice by debetmx(m): 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
Why would you get involved with a minor in the first place? You should have screen munch her conversation with the other boys and sent it to your phone.

You had better informed your folks and try and play along with the parents of the girl. You might need to get a job if you don't have one or get a weekend job to supplement your day job.

Brace yourself for tough times ahead. When you see the next minor you will do a "Ben Johnson"
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
debetmx:
Why would you get involved with a minor in the first place? You should have screen munch her conversation with the other boys and sent it to your phone.

You had better informed your folks and try and play along with the parents of the girl. You might need to get a job if you don't have one or get a weekend job to supplement your day job.

Brace yourself for tough times ahead. When you see the next minor you will do a "Ben Johnson"

I'm sure if I inform my parents they will break the peace treaty
Re: Urgent Advice by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
Deafndumb:

The bill has started to pile up. This week they want me to get her registered for antenatal. Her clothes don't fit anymore I think they want to shift that responsibility to me.
Unfortunately I just expended most of my savings last year on a failed business and festivity

Ante natal at how many months?

Enjoy the ride.
Re: Urgent Advice by EfemenaXY: 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Deafndumb:

Thanks.
The family wants me to start taking responsibility immediately.

My family is in not aware of the possibility of me not being the father of the baby.

And why didn't you tell them the full story? Why give them half truths?
Re: Urgent Advice by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tell your family everything thats going on
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:

And why didn't you tell them the full story? Why give them half truths?

Because they will never agree to it and the other family needs a scapegoat
Re: Urgent Advice by baby124: 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol, ok. This must be a superstory. How did your parents go from not knowing anything, to going behind your back to sign peace treaty. Please don't spoil this section for genuine people.
Re: Urgent Advice by EfemenaXY: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
baby124:
Lol, ok. This must be a superstory. How did your parents go from not knowing anything, to going behind your back to sign peace treaty. Please don't spoil this section for genuine people.

Arrrggghhhh!!!!

You this woman! You got there before me. grin grin grin

Deafndumb:

I meant my family went there to appease her family without the knowledge I have. So my family agreed to most terms and conditions.
The conditions are so so strict and scary like I will be held responsible for her health and life. Something I have no form of control over.

Are these the words of a "man" in his mid-twenties? Or a JSS1 student trying it on here?

Deafndumb:

Of course.

She's probably about to drop the baby any minute from now. Ramp up the story a notch or two.

@OP. You've had your fun. Now kindly move on with your tales.
Re: Urgent Advice by baby124: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Arrrggghhhh!!!!

You this woman! You got there before me. grin grin grin

Are these the words of a "man" in his mid-twenties? Or a JSS1 student trying it on here?

Of course.

She's probably about to drop the baby any minute from now. Ramp up the story a notch or two.

@OP. You've had your fun. Now kindly move on with your tales.
Hahahahha. Op doesn't know that we have been through hell with more creative fakers on this section.
Re: Urgent Advice by EfemenaXY: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
baby124:

Hahahahha. Op doesn't know that we have been through hell with more creative fakers on this section.

That is eh...

When I read this:

Deafndumb:
I just sealed my fate this evening

My reaction was: "Mtcheeeeeeeeeeewwwww"

Because a real man won't go all jelly on us. Na from this point I dey suspect the @op na minor himself...
Re: Urgent Advice by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
@OP In as much as i dont want to give my advice publicly , i will want a private conversation , I've been in ur position and let me guess d girl is from Ogun state ?
Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 1:37am On Feb 16, 2016
baby124:
You probably didn't read the whole story. I didn't say my parents aren't aware of the issue. They are just not aware of the fact that there are other potential fathers

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 1:40am On Feb 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

You read it in English. Read in yoruba you would get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice by Deafndumb: 1:48am On Feb 16, 2016
baby124:

You sincerely have no idea. I have been on nairaland since 2007, though a passive user, created a couple threads. I had to get this moniker to reduce the possibility of anyone finding out who the true characters are. I understand a lot of fake stories are out there.

If my story is not properly organized I am truly sorry for that, it's due to my current psychological pressure, plus y would I be on nairaland at this time of the day if not because I am having a sleepless night regretting that I let my parents go there begging for my freedom and consenting to conditions they could have negotiated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents / Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? / Should Alimony Be Practiced In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.