Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! (30273 Views)

MTN Na By Force? / Gionee M2 - Root, Backup ROM, Install CWM / How To Backup Your Android Apps As Apk Using Es File Explorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by utotomi10(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2009
I recieve up to 5 messages a day from MTN telling me to go to their backup website www.mtnonline.com/mtnwap. I keep getting the messages when I turn my phone on again. It is surprising that on the mtn backup sight. There is an option to back up bank account and atm card numbers. Knowing the level of corruption in this country, I don't think I am stupid enough to have my atm card number stored on an MTN server!!

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by Infoseye(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2009
What the hell does mtn want your bank details including atm? Backup contacts is reasonable but bank details WHAT THE F*U*C*K!
Even when they spy and track your phone calls is bad how much given them full access to your contact or bank details is insane.
I heard CBN are using a new tech program to combat ATM FRUAD, sorry cant post the program name here before the basterds start hack or looking for a back door before it is lauched.
@poster and others ABEG IGNORE MTN SMS JUST BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS TO YOUR PHONE MEMORY, BUY A NEW LINE THEN COPY YOUR CONTACTS FROM THE PHONE MEMORY INTO YOUR NEW SIM SIMPLE!
If you have PC SUIT for your phone, then launch it and syn contacts right on your Pc where its safer than stupid MTN SCAMMERS!

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by Flodel(f): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2009
well for ur info when u do that on ur phone it alot of money cause their mprogram is bad
it earning big tym here in niger state i tell u
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by Infoseye(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2009
Pls explain better.
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by audacious: 4:30am On Jul 10, 2009
utotomi10:

I recieve up to 5 messages a day from MTN telling me to go to their backup website www.mtnonline.com/mtnwap. I keep getting the messages when I turn my phone on again. It is surprising that on the mtn backup sight. There is an option to back up bank account and atm card numbers. Knowing the level of corruption in this country, I don't think I am stupid enough to have my atm card number stored on an MTN server!!

It's a scam message. If you follow the link it takes you to http://mtnonline.wapallynis.gemalto.com/gemaltowap/wap/syncconf/login.voxml?skin=/gemaltopimsync and this aint no MTN site
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by UNLEASHED(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2009
MTN BACK UP!! another way to rip people off! they're even asking me to do a swim swap of my line that's not stolen or damaged because of MTN BACK UP!, they reffered to my line as an old line that doesn't support the BACKUP feature, to hell with them and their backup woteva. If you have a compatible PC Suite of your phone on your comp. then you can easily do what MTN will charge you for.
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by Bakamutu: 10:21am On Jul 23, 2010
There are some ways to backup your contacts easily. For me the most effective one is that of Ramalee Backup www.ramaleeonline.com . In this, you can even access your phone numbers from your friend's mobile phone and it is secured. This technology works on all networks. I backup my 1502 contacts with both MTN and Glo and it works fine. I can access all my contacts on their web site www.ramaleeonline.com I recommend Ramalee
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by donnie(m): 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
I use Cellulike for my backup. I was able to backup my over 2000 phone contacts, photos and videos. Apart from the backup and restore function, it also protects your data with its remote lock and unlock function.

Get Cellulike and enjoy peace of mind!

www.nairaland.com/947984/cellulike-phone-backup-security-now#10931156
www.facebook.com/backupmymobileforlife

Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by donnie(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
10 reasons why you need the Cellulike phone protection system – even if your network provider gives you a free backup service!

1. Nothing in life is really “free”. The terms and conditions of the service will allow them to send you text advertising messages and other advertising material and they can sell your data to third parties – that is how they make a profit.

2. Use it or lose it. All the free systems specify that if you don’t do a backup within a specified period – you will lose all data that you have already backed up. Unlike Cellulike, they do not provide permanent data storage. So you are on holiday and lose your phone and the last backup was 7 months ago ........

3. If you change your network provider the service stops and your account is cancelled. They try to lock you in to their network so if you find a cheaper service or use a roaming SIM you will have lost the “free” service.

4. None of the free services capture the serial number of your phone. You can find it out and write it down in a safe place and not lose it if you want – but the Cellulike system captures it automatically. You are going to need that number to recover a lost phone from the police, lost property office etc and if you want to claim on insurance.

5. All the “free” services only work on a limited number of makes and models of phone. So if you change your phone the chances are you will lose the free service or have to start a new account just for that phone. Cellulike works on most popular phones – more than any other competitor. Whenever you change your new phone, with Cellulike you just register your new phone, the data from your old phone is copied to it and you can carry on without missing a beat.

6. Cellulike has a lock/unlock function which enables you to lock your phone if you leave it somewhere or if it is stolen, so no third party can access your data. You won’t get that with a “free” system. Even better, if your phone is stolen the first thing a thief does is change the SIM to disable a lock command. Cellulike’s system automatically locks the phone if the SIM is removed. No other system does that – Cellulike is unique.

7. Cellulike provides permanent storage of your data. Once you have backed up the data on your phone it is there forever. You are the only person with access to it and you are the only person who can delete it. Cellulike is the ONLY system that provides permanent data storage – all the free systems delete your data if you change your provider or fail to use the service frequently. All other paid systems demand an annual fee, so if you don’t keep paying you lose the data

8. Cellulike allows you to access your data from a computer and copy and send individual items. So for example, if you use the phone camera to back up a copy of your passport or other important documents, those copies will be stored FOR EVER or until you decide to delete them. One early Cellulike customer was saved some major problems though our service. Having lost her passport in Prague she had previously taken a photo of her passport and saved it to her account, she was able to give the Consulate a photocopy from her Cellulike account. It saved days of waiting for paperwork to come from the UK and she was able to catch her plane to rejoin her family.

9. Amongst the paid systems Cellulike is the cheapest. The one off RRP of €19.99 in Europe is less that other paid services charge every year. Some charge as much as €59 every year. With one payment per phone you get lifetime phone protection for that phone.

10. We are the best! Our service works on nearly twice as many phones as our nearest competitor. We give better support. Our service works worldwide in 52 languages (far outclassing competitors) and we are really nice people

www.facebook.com/backupmymobileforlife
Re: Mtn Backup! Is It By Force! by donnie(m): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hey Guys,

There's an ongoing promo and you can get cellulike activation codes here for FREE. www.facebook.com/backupmymobileforlife
Hurry now!

(1) (Reply)

Realme Launches The World's Cheapest Snapdragon 888 Smartphone / How Do I Block An Incoming Call On Nokia Touchlight/mtn Line / Free 1005mb Data For Mtn Ipulse & Supersaver Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.